April 2016 Moms

Official Nursery Thread

Re: Official Nursery Thread

• @thaisac1 love the photobomb!
  • @thaisac1 love the photobomb!

He was frolicking on the rug, was so cute!!! My little Cheddar.
  • Loading the player...
  • thaisac1 said:

@thaisac1 love the photobomb!

He has claimed it as his own. Luca is going to have some serious competition!
  • thaisac1 said:

I think they are going to be best buds! Cheddar loves to cuddle, especially into soft and warm things. It will be a challenge to keep them separate at first though (and I have 3 other pets...)
  • thaisac1 said:
    I think they are going to be best buds! Cheddar loves to cuddle, especially into soft and warm things. It will be a challenge to keep them separate at first though (and I have 3 other pets...)
    That is such a perfect name! :)
  • kimey1 said:
    @yodiggity Looks great :smiley: we have the same glider! It's so nice n comfy right? :)@Bubbles3592 I've got my eyes on removable 'NuWallpaper'. Check it out: www.wallpops.com/nuwallpaper.aspx
    yes! I've been sitting in it for weeks in the living room.
  • @yodiggity What kind of crib is that?
  • yodiggity said:

kimey1 said:

@yodiggity Looks great :smiley: we have the same glider! It's so nice n comfy right? :)

@Bubbles3592 I've got my eyes on removable 'NuWallpaper'. Check it out: www.wallpops.com/nuwallpaper.aspx

yes! I've been sitting in it for weeks in the living room.

Same here!! :blush:
  • @thaisac1  love the rug!!! 
  • @yodiggity What kind of crib is that?
    It's the Storkcraft Venetian.
  • @thaisac1  love the rug!!! 
    Thanks! Got it for cheap at Homesense (Canada's version of the home portion of TJMaxx). Score!
  • @thaisac1 we have the same rug in DS1's room, but in blue. Love it!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Yesterday I worked in the nursery for 90 minutes and became very very dizzy.  On the bright side, DH is insisting on doing most of the work now, and all I have to do to get him to move is start working on it.
    Jana Lynn
     Happily married since 5/24/2015  Momma of a baby Viking since 4/16, expecting #2 in 5/18
  • Holy crap we have the same glider, crib, and changing table lol. Looks great!! And good taste ;)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @jonesl12 your colors are pretty similar to what I'm envisioning, if I ever get around to doing more than sticking up contact paper polka-dots! Good luck!
  • jonesl12 said:

Current situation ...
    Trying to figure out what walls I would like what pictures on so I'm laying them out on the floor first to see what the heck I'm gunna do

Looks like somebody has been to Hobby Lobby! I have some of the same pieces for our walls. Also looks like we have very, very similar nursery color schemes. I'm planning on doing a gallery wall with most of my finds.
  • I like those gold sea urchin things 
  • Love me some hobby lobby !
    Thanks @yodiggity I thought they were kinda cool and different.
  • NOLA520 said:
    I like those gold sea urchin things 
    Target has a set of 3 of these urchin things and my husband LOVES them. I'd be fine with hanging them in our place, but I just don't want to spend the money (like $20). I told him we would get them when they went on clearance... It's been two years. Still not on clearance. ETA: they DID drop them to $15 this past year, so maybe eventually!!
    They were 10 each but were 40% off at hobby lobby :)
  • @NOLA520 I bought a set of 3 mirrors at Target for like 25$ recently. Went to TJ Maxx and found the EXACT same set in different packaging for 9.99$. Needless to say, the Target ones went back. TJs/Marshalls are good places to check for decor deals.
  • If you guys have a Kirklands near you, they've got good stuff too. And it's pretty cheap.
  • @thaisac1  That is flipping adorable!!
  • That is so freaking cute!
  • thaisac1  You could just have your DH raise the curtain rod rather than hemming the curtains. That makes the ceiling look taller as well. SO hung the rod too low even though "we" (I) measured correctly so now the curtains hang on the floor. Last night he says, "You should shorten these up a little" and I said, "No, you should move the rod up to where it was suppose to be". :wink: 

• I love the stars btw!
  • thaisac1thaisac1 member
    edited February 2016
    yodiggity said:
    thaisac1  You could just have your DH raise the curtain rod rather than hemming the curtains. That makes the ceiling look taller as well. SO hung the rod too low even though "we" (I) measured correctly so now the curtains hang on the floor. Last night he says, "You should shorten these up a little" and I said, "No, you should move the rod up to where it was suppose to be". :wink: 

What you can't see in the above pics  (bad panoramic picture skills on my part) is that the ceiling is slanted, so the curtain rods are actually as high as they can be.
    No prob though, I will get some hemming tape this weekend and hem it with the tape and iron. :) Should be simple enough to do.

Edit: here's a pic that shows the slanted ceilings. As you can see on the right side, the rod is as high as it can be...

• yodiggity said:
    I love the stars btw!
    Thanks!! I was going to do a tempaper type of thing, but it was going to cost me about $500 for the one wall. So instead, I bought these star stickers which were on sale on Etsy, and it costed me about $100 instead (mostly because shipping to Canada was expensive, it would have been way cheaper if I lived in the US). :D