August 2016 Moms
Options

Welcome to August 2016: Introduce yourself here!

Re: Welcome to August 2016: Introduce yourself here!

• Options
    Hey y'all. My name is Ashley and I really suck at talking about myself so I'm just going to list some things in chronological order : ) 

* I'm 30 years old.
    * This is my second pregnancy. (My daughter was born in 2009)
    * Sept. 2010, I had the birth control implant Implanon / Nexplanon. 
    * May 2014, I had gastric bypass surgery. 
    * Sept. 11, 2015, I had my Nexplanon removed and started TTC. 
    * Nov. 30, 2015 we found out that I was pregnant! (Pretty sure we actually conceived on Nov. 16, 2015)
    * First apt with the doctor is Jan 4, 2016 
    * EDD is Aug 11, 2016 

I'm looking forward to connecting with Mama-to-be's August 2016! 
  • Options

I am pg with #3!  EDD 8/23. 

DH and I have two little girls (4 and 2 years).  I am nervous about adding a third LO to our family, but I know it will be amazing to see our girls love another sibling.  Even though it has only been 2.5 years since my last one, I feel like I am forgetting a lot about being pg and having a newborn. 

Married 08/18/07
    BFP 02/15/11 EDD 10/27/11 Born at 35w3d on 09/25/11 
    BFP 10/13/12 EDD 06/25/13 Born at 37w0d on 06/04/13

BFP 12/11/15 EDD 08/23/16 Early miscarriage

BFP 02/02/16 EDD 10/16/16

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hello! My name is Laura, I'm from Kansas, I'm 26 years old my husband is 27, and I found out I was pregnant about a week ago, which makes me 5 weeks along. My estimated due date is August 13. Unfortunately, my doctor's appointment isn't until January 13, so it's little frustrating having to wait so long! This is our first pregnancy, and we're both over the moon about it!
  • Options
    I'm so excited to be here and getting to know other August 2016 moms. This is my 4th pregnancy. I have an 11 year old girl, a 10 year old boy, and a 9 month old girl. I also have a 9 year old step son. I'm still nursing my 9 month old and am hoping to tadem nurse. EDD is August 5, 2016.
  • Options
    Hi everyone,

I am due on August 16th (my birthday!) with #2! DD is 15 months today. I am 37 and live in Calgary, Canada with DH who is 42.

Congratulations and good luck to all!
  • Options
    Hi I'm 32, FTM. We had been seeing an RE and had two failed rounds of IUI. We took a break from treatments for November and spent 10 days in Italy around thanksgiving- which is apparently when we conceived! We had an IVF consult 2 days before I decided to take a pregnancy test. And bam! What a surprise. The due date calculator says were due August 19th. I had a blood test Friday and Monday and numbers came back good, another blood test Thursday and then they will schedule an ultrasound 10 days later before transferring me to a regular OB. Gal to everyone!
  • Options
    Hi everyone.... Moving over from July '16 after my first dating ultrasound today
    Pregnant with baby number 2... Dd will be 2 on December 19th.
    This little ones edd is August 9th
  • Options
    Hello! I'm Shannon and I got my BFP last week. I'm 4w2d now and this will be my first. I had a chemical in March our first month trying and then nothing. We had been consulting with the fertility doc, but conceived naturally. My EDD is August 22nd.

• Options
    Hi all! We got our BFP on Sunday but I've been in a state of shock since, it's finally settling in that we are gonna have another baby! I have one DD who is almost 14 months so she will be 22 months when LO is born. I was on October 14 board but not active. Last pregnancy I felt scared out of my mind the entire time but this time I'm embracing it! Is it too early to bring out the maternity pants?
  • Options
    Hi all :)
    I had previously joined the July group- my due date based on my last period was July 27th- but my ultra sound this morning put me a week later at August 3rd!
    I'm 31 and this is my second baby. I have a 17m old little boy, who will be just turning two when the new baby arrives. I'm a teacher, but decided to not return to work after my mat leave ended.
    Cheers to a happy and healthy 9m everyone!!!!
  • Options
    Hi ladies!
    My name is Kaylan and I'm pregnant for the second time. My daughter is 2 who really doesn't understand what is going on. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
  • Options
    HI, 

I'm Amy, I'm 30 and my hubby is 29, from Seattle! This is our first pregnancy, with our EDD being around 18th August! We've been TTC for awhile now, so are very excited and nervous! We had a chemical MC last month and I am spotting on and off now, so feeling anxious! We have our first scan next week, just to make sure everything is OK! I'm 5 weeks today and we found out last week!
  • Options
    Hi everyone! DH and I have been married for 6 years and we have a 2.5 year old son. I was really shocked with this BFP bc I thought we missed the opportunity. I possibly O'd a week later than expected and didn't continue DTD. I am about 5 weeks along according to O with an EDD of 8/17.

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • Options
    Hi, I'm Jess from Australia. This is my first ever pregnancy. So scared of having a mc. I'm just so excited to be a mum. I only turned 21 2 weeks ago so what a great 21st present to myself well from my man too I guess lol.
  • Options
    Hi girls! I got my BFP yesterday. I know when I ovulated so I'm thinking it's going to be August 24 as my EDD. I have a beautiful 3 year old daughter who I love so much and I'm hoping she'll love being a big sister. DH and I had been trying for 6 months. I am 32 and this will be our last baby.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Hi everyone!  My name is Julie.  I'm 32 and expecting my second child.  Our son just turned 3 earlier this month.  We've been TTC our second for about 18 months.  After 2 months of clomid, our doctor told us that he didn't think I was ovulating and I scheduled an appointment with a RE for mid-January.  Needless to say, I was crushed and had definitely given up hope for this month.  We were pretty surprised to get a BFP last week!!  I guess I ovulated later than we expected.  I had my first u/s yesterday, but we were only able to see the yolk sac - no heart beat.  I'm trying not to worry because it is still very early.  I have another u/s next week - hoping to hear the heart beat then. 

I didn't participate in any message boards the first time around, but I'm excited to try it out this time.  Looking forward to sharing this experience with all of you. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Hi ladies!

I'm pregnant with my first, EDD August 20 based off of my ovulation date. I'm currently 4w4days. I'm soooo excited!! My LP had been 9 days for my previous cycles so I was beginning to think I wouldn't be able to get pregnant naturally. I had amenorrhea for 4 months after stopping the pill too, so I'm thrilled that despite all of this I'm pregnant. My mom passed away a couple months ago so I like to think she sent me this little bean from heaven :-)

My first beta at 11dpo was 31, and at 14dpo it was 224, so I'm so happy about that. My progesterone was low so I started on progesterone (vaginal suppositories) and it doubled my progesterone level, thank gosh!

My first appt is dec 29. I'll barely be 6w3d so I'm hoping we can hear the Hb then!

Glad to "meet" you all and be in the same boat! Right now I hardly have any symptoms, only sleepiness and decreased appetite. Other than that nothing! Not even sore breasts. But I guess everyone is different!
  • Options
    Hello and congratulations to all the mommies out there! Super excited to share this journey with everyone!

Got my BFP last week - best early Christmas present ever. I'm 30 and DH is 29. Based on LMP, EDD is 8/22 (due just between our birthdays) and this will be our second baby. Our daughter is almost 14 months. She was a breech baby so I had a c-section. Currently having mixed feelings regarding VBAC or repeat c-section. We live in AZ so I'm a little nervous about the excessive heat during my third trimester.
    Baby #1: Palmer Olivia - October 2014
    Baby #2: Emmeline Grey - August 2016
    Baby #3: BFP 9/7/18  |  EDD 05/24/19
  • Options
    Ashley from Chicago suburbs. My first baby girl was Jan 12 second baby girl is may 13 and now this final baby due 8/22. My husband and I are both 30. Did the bump with my first and have a great group of girls who are still connected and met several from all over the us. Didn't do it with my second because honestly I was very busy. Now my two are more independent and I'm ready to make some connections with new mommies.
  • Options

Hello! congratulations to everyone!

I am 32 yrs old and I am expecting my 4th baby. EDD 08/01/2016.

I hope we all have a wonderful pregnancy and healthy babies! 

BabyFetus Ticker

6th pregnancy, 4th baby

BFP 12/08/2015

Beta #1 12/08/2015 (3097)

Beta #2 12/11/2015 (6033)

• Options
    Hello!! My name is Audra and I am from Cincinnati Ohio. We have been going through the fertility process for 18 months and finally got our first BFP this week! My blood work came back strong so we are super excited to finally be pregnant with our 1st. We are due August 14th, or at least that's what the app tells me. We go back on December 29th so they may give me a different date. Congrats to everyone!!!!
  • Options
    texasmama2014texasmama2014 member
    edited December 2015
    Hey moms-to-be-

I am 30, DH 33.  This will be our 2nd baby, we have a little girl born June 2014.  We pulled the goalie (Mirena) on November 13, had a period November 15, and pulled a BFP on 12/14.   EDD based of LMP- August 21, 2015.

We live in North East Texas, have been married for 3 years this month.  We both work FT, and I will continue to do so after this child is born as well.  I plan to run through this pregnancy as I did my last one, and I am super excited to have another group of women to talk to about pregnancy!

ETA: Details...
  • Options
    I'm from Austin, TX. My EDD is August 19. I'm 34. This is my second child. DD is about to turn 4 in a few weeks.
  • Options
    Hi All!  My name is Claire.  My husband and I were TTC for 8 months.  I just got a positive pregnancy test 2 days before my 30th birthday.  Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas to ME!

First appointment with OB set for early January.  Est. Due Date is August 22nd.

Few questions...how do I get through my 30th birthday party without drinking?  Any sneaky tips?  Also, I am worried about spilling the beans during the holidays.  I really don't want to tell anyone (my husband knows) until after our first appt!
  • Options
    Hi ladies, DH and I just got our first BFP this past week and due date is end of August. I had been off BC for over a year and my cycles were crazy irregular so I saw an RE at the beginning of this month that did an US and told me I was getting ready to O so we DTD EOD that week and now here we are. Best Xmas present ever!

So far this pregnancy has been a whirlwind as I had a corpus luteum cyst rupture last weekend which landed me in the hospital over night so that was something new. My hcg level was pretty low when they checked it because it was so early, a week before my AF is even due, so I'm getting another level drawn this Friday. I'm also getting a repeat US Tuesday to check everything out.

Anyways, hoping for good numbers Friday and to be able to stay here with you all! Happy Holidays everyone
    Expecting baby #1 August 2016 
    Already have three furbabies- Blake, Sydney, and Chester 

• Options
    Hi! This is my second time to the board. I am 32, DH is 33 and we have an 18 mo old son. Mild surprise pregnancy as we were lax with the NFP. I'm due Aug 17th and am very nervous these early weeks and have POS fever to make sure the line is still there. Had a natural Bradley birth with a doula at a birth center for our first baby and hope the same for this one, God willing! I'm also a dentist so I'm happy to answer dental Prego questions:). Thanks for letting me hang out!
    BFP 5/22/12, MC 6/6/12 (cp) BFP 10/16/13, EDD June 28, 2014 - baby J arrived 6/19/14! ** #2-- BFP 12/5/15, EDD August 17, 2016 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker ***************************** Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Hello, I am 32 and DH is 34. This our 3rd pregnancy. We have a wonderful 19 month old daughter and miscarried in August. I am due 8/13 and hoping for a healthy pregnancy! Congrats to everyone and hope I'll be staying for awhile
  • Options
    Hi everyone!
    I am 29 and live in California.
    I just got a BFP yesterday at 11 dpo and we are so excited! This is baby #2, as DH and I have a DD that is 2.5 yrs old. I was a part of the August 2013 BMB and am excited to be a part of August 2016!! I hope to get to know you all and am definitely here to help with any questions from any of you first time mommas ; )

Me: 28 DH: 33

DD: Born 7/30/13, 2 years old

TTC #2: August 2015

• Options
    *****TW*******

Becky 38, DH 43

2 boys 8 & 6 yrs, 2 miscarriages 1 between the boys, 1 this past July. Faint squinted of a positive test yesterday and today. Taking another test tomorrow.

EDDIE 8/25
  • Options
    Hi, I'm Megan. Got my BFP on Sunday, with an EDD of 8/24. This is my 2nd kid, I have a DD who's turning 4 in February. My husband and I live in Kentucky, and just decided last month that we weren't one and done after all. Took 18 months to conceive the first time, so we were pretty surprised it happened so quickly! I have my first midwife appointment on 1/11 - had a c-section due to my first being transverse, and am hoping for a VBAC. 

I'm still active on the BMB for my first kiddo, so here's hoping for another great community!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations everyone! I am 29, DH 38. this is our first pregnancy and we got our BFP on Novemeber 30th! EDD is August 4th but we just found out this week it is twins! Still in shock but very excited :)
  • Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Talya and I am 33 and my DH is 35. We are due with our second August 11. We have a DD who will be 6 next month. I had a CP in early October so I was waiting to post. I am 6 weeks today and had a viability ultrasound last Tuesday. We were able to see the heart beat at that visit and everything looks great! The doctor said 101 beats per min at 5 weeks is wonderful. I have another ultrasound and first prenatal visit in Jan 4. Our DD is so excited to be a big sister!
  • Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Becky and I'm from Calgary, Canada. I'm 36 and DH is 37, we just found out this week we're due with our second on Aug 13th! Our little girl is 14.5 months and we can't wait to have another!
  • Options
    desgarner4desgarner4 member
    edited December 2015
    Hi, my name is Destiny. I am 23 and my husband is 24. I am pregnant with my first baby and my due date is August 1st! We got our BFP on thanksgiving day. My husband and I are very excited. I had my first prenatal appointment last week and baby seems to be doing well. Got to hear the heartbeat and see a sonogram. Feeling nauseous constantly with upset stomach. No vomiting although I have many smell aversions where I'll gag. Looking forward to some relief in a few weeks.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    @texasmama2014 I'm Texas too (DFW area) and also plan to run though this pregnancy! It will be interesting during the summer months, but I'm hopeful for a treadmill for Christmas. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Hi everyone, I'm excited to be here! Just found out this morning we are expecting our second little one. Our son just turned two and we have been trying for 8 months. I can't wait to see him be a big brother.

EDD is 8/23 based on ovulation (found out through charting that I ovulate late). My first pregnancy was easy, so hoping for a similar experience this time! Congrats to all!

• Options
    Hi! I found out this morning with a BFP. I am 28 and my husband is 29. I haven't told anyone yet and I plan on telling hubby tomorrow while we are hanging out in a deer stand. ;) This will be our first LO. EDD is August 25th based on my last period. So excited to begin this journey. I'm really still in shock!!
  • Options
    @smmrsunshine - Is DH going to be at the party? My brother and his wife waited til a family gathering to announce when she was almost 20 weeks (!!!!), and they were swapping drink glasses while no one was looking. She'd have her full one and swap with his empty (or almost empty) one, take fake sips, etc. If there are a lot of people there, no one will even notice! Just don't do shots. ;)

As far as telling people ... my rule of thumb is, anyone who you wouldn't want to know about a m/c shouldn't find out in the first tri. But if you don't mind family knowing if you potentially had a m/c, then I think it's fine to share the news this early. It's going to be hard for me to keep my mouth shut over Christmas, too! ;)

• Options
    Hello! I'm a soon-to-be Mom of Three. We recently became pretty sure we wanted a third when this little one popped up. Fun Fact - All three of my kids have had the same EDD!

• Options
    Hello! I'm a soon-to-be Mom of Three. We recently became pretty sure we wanted a third when this little one popped up. Fun Fact - All three of my kids have had the same EDD!
    Thats crazy! This baby and my DD1 have a due date 1 day apart.  Aparently you and DH are all about the November romance!  What years were your others born?

Married 5/2/09 To my best friend 
    Lillianna Faith Born 8/26/10- My big girl kindergartner!
    Peach- MC 3/2012
    Logan Christopher Born 2/3/13- My little fighter, cardiac defects, 2 cancer scares and more surgery, tests, MRIs, cat scans, xrays than most people would have to face their whole life.   

Pregnancy Ticker