March 2016 Moms

Share your unused names....

Re: Share your unused names....

• Mara. Our daughter was thisclose to being named Mara but we went with Nora.

Other names I like off the table bc of similarities we want to Avoid are noelle, Cora, Gillian
  • We were naming the baby Sam either way. We ended up with a Samuel, you're free to take Samantha ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Karalynn was our pick for this time. Other k names that have been considered in the past:
    Klara
    Kimbry
    Kyler
    Kellynn

All our girls have K names, so those were the only ones we ever talked about.
  • @RosyK Kyler was on our list to
  • I liked Charlotte and Reagan
  • Girl first names we've considered:
    Julia
    Fiona

Girl middle names:
    Evelyn
    Katherine
    Adele
    Marie
    Violet
    Emma (too popular now, so we'll probably never use it. Still love it though.)

Boy first names:
    Colin
    David
    Ezekiel
    John
    Jonathan

Middles:
    Elijah
    Daniel
    Connor
    William
    Matthew
    Allan
    Nathaniel
    Grant
    Peter

Hope that's helpful to someone. :) We aren't planning on being "done" yet, so those names might still be used for a future baby, but not for this one.
    It's a boy! Born 42 weeks, 2 days.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Nova, Starla, Brisa, and Kyah were what we decided against for the girls name. We decided on Nayeli (I love you) since she is now going to be born in Febuary instead of March. Our boys name was going to be Kyler, Angel or Javier.
  • I always liked Gwendolyn (Gwen for short) but DH vetoed that one on the spot lol.
    February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Our baby girls name will be Harley! Which I fell in love with! No we aren't bikers, we are batman fans lol Girl Names I loved but my hubby didn't include: Harley Jade, Quinn Rose, Flora, Mariah
  • Girls names on our list include:
    Hadley
    Sawyer
    Lila
    Nora

If baby is a girl we will most likely go with Sawyer.  I also really like Everly, but MIL's name is Beverly... a little to similar for comfort.  

March 2016 Moms: January Siggy Challenge "Pregnancy Problems"
  • JessKo08 said:
    Girls names on our list include:
    Hadley
    Sawyer
    Lila
    Nora

If baby is a girl we will most likely go with Sawyer.  I also really like Everly, but MIL's name is Beverly... a little to similar for comfort.  
    Sawyer is my guilty pleasure girl name! DH and I are not into the unisex/boy names for girls but that one I just love.

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Thanks @SarahFoley725 :) I don't mind sharing with you guys, but I'd never be brave enough to share in the baby names board. I love reading and giving my thoughts when asked, but it gets harsh in there sometimes haha! And even though someone hating my names would never affect my using them, sometimes my feelers are sensitive. You guys are different though. I said please don't laugh, but I totally understand if you do ;)
    I didn't side eye any of your names! Freya is one of my faves, and so is Simon. There are some really good ones on there, Fergus makes me smile every time I hear it. Beatrix is an AWESOME name...to me it reminds me of Much Ado About Nothing (though I know she was Beatrice). 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Our girl name was going to be Georgia after DH's late mother Georgina however we are having a boy :) we also liked Ava and Abbey for girls and DH liked Havana I wasn't too sure...

Our boys name are more tradional Irish baby names the leader seems to be Killian possibly spelt the Irish way of Cillían.. I also love Rían (pronouced Ree-an) but DH isn't a fan it means little king in Irish
  • I like your list too :) If I were a bolder person, i'd use fox (probably as a middle name) for a boy. My best friend mentioned it a month or so ago and I thought that it was very unique. I'm tickled to see it o n your list. My only choice so far if baby is a boy (we'really team green) is Sebastian but I really want a backup in case the name doesn't fit.
  • Having a girl, so I'm sharing a few boy names: Thomas, Timothy, and Theodore. Guess I was digging "T" names.

• Having a girl, so I'm sharing a few boy names: Thomas, Timothy, and Theodore. Guess I was digging "T" names.
    Oh my god! I'm naming my boy Timothy! Theodore was our second choice, and our girl name was Thomasina. :) We must be kindred spirits when it comes to names!

• We're having a girl and still haven't committed to a name, but if it was a boy we were going to name him Dylan Francis.  DH has always wanted to name a son Dylan after Bob Dylan and Francis is after my dad.  We're not sure if we're done having kids and part of me hopes we have a boy someday so we can use the name.  I'd love to honor my dad that way.
  • We're having a little girl, and our boys names that will now be unused (at least for this one) are Oliver and Henry. We also loved Leo but it rhymes with our last name, so nope.

Some girls names that we won't be using (but I LOVE) are Josephine, Rose, and Camilla. Josephine and Rose were vetoed by DH, and Camilla is too similar to DD's name. 
    imageimage

• Everly was my deadset girls name but SO hated it, so then we decided on Amelia after my great great grandmother. Couldn't come up with a boy name for the life of me, but middle name was going to be Thomas.
    M & B
    miscarriage - September 2012 @ 9 weeks
    blighted ovum - November 2012
    BFP!!! - July 2015
    Amelia, my sweet little rainbow baby born March 4, 2016
  • Brielle was going to be baby girl's name. But we're having a boy! So maybe next time :-) 
  • I love this post! I keep hoping to come across a girl name that jumps out at me.
    Our 'unused' boy names, and there aren't many, are Nicholas, Oliver and Theodore. I also loved Beckett but DH was never on board with that.
  • @katelin318 our Dean Francis was alllllllmost Dylan Francis - if I had said no to Dean one more time, he would have been, but I decided to go with Dean (husband's choice from the second he learned I was pregnant, and that I disliked as soon as I heard it) on the promise that if we had another girl in the future I could name her Margo (the name I always wanted that he disliked). Funny enough, he's forgotten that promise now, but I had him convinced by the time we made it to delivery last time, so I think I can do it again

@kitkatbird I loveLoveLOVE Bruce!!! I've only ever known awesome, strong, attractive Bruces in my life (4 of them), and it's been on my list every time - esp with baby #2! I wanted Bruce to go with Evan (we call him Evan Almighty all the time lol): same story as with Margo; hubs extremely disliked it at first but I convinced him by the time we got to delivery … and we had a girl that time haha!!

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • I agree, this is a fun thread! It's cool to hear the different name styles we all love, and neat to see where some of our tastes match too!

Autism mama! 
  • kyraaD said:

for girls me & SO were torn between Emerson & Paisley. both not very common, & very pretty in our opinions!
    we ended up with a little boy tho, so obviously the names became "useless bones", lol.

Team green here as well but Paisley Jane was picked for a baby girl even before we started trying for baby. :) We still aren't sure on boy names, but I really like Porter.
  • CalebsHabibiCalebsHabibi member
    edited October 2015
    We're having a boy. Lauren Elizabeth or Laura Jean were our girl names. I also liked Lily.

Edit: a boy's name that I like but we can't use is William Thomas.
  • Our girl names were Evangeline (Evvie) and Arianna (Aria). I keep telling DH that we are going to have to get another dog and name her Evvie since I love that name so much and we're done after the twins.
  • I really wanted Maxine for a girl, but husband isn't on board a bit- not even for middle. Allen Michael was our boy name, but we are having a girl. Husband wants Mae for girls middle name, and I just can't accept it!
  • We have finally shortened our list down, DH was a nightmare when it came to agreeing on names, our 8 year old son wanted Haylee for his sisters name but I'm just not feeling it, our son has a unique name without being really "out there" and I like that there's not a lot of kids with his name so when choosing a name for this little girl we were trying to pick something not super popular. So far we have Ivy, Evie, Emmie and my Husband loves Ellie I do too but it seems quite popular :( so we will see when she arrives which name suits her more, our middle name we picked a combination of his mothers middle name and my mothers middle name, it ended up coming out at Kathlynn and we both really liked it!

Good luck to all the mamas picking names!
  • CecilB93CecilB93 member
    edited November 2015
    I've had Lillian Elizabeth picked out for a girl since High School nearly 6 or 7 years ago, and now a friend of DH may be naming their daughter Lily and it honestly makes me want to cry. I know we're having a boy this time so we can't call dibs or anything, but her naming her child Lily would make it impossible for me to use that name in the future.

Boys name I've had picked out for years also is Anthony James :) James is after a man who became like a grandpa to me after mine passed when I was young. When he passed my Junior year of HS I swore I'd name my child after him to honor him. So glad DH is onboard with it! Anthony I like because I'm addicted to NCIS, lol.

I've also liked Raelynn and Arianna for a girls name, but I'm not a fan of Arianna Grande so I'd be upset if people thought that's where I got the name from.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• We could only think of girls names so of course we are having a boy.. Struggling with names as my partner is Irish so the likes of theo(dore) has automatically been taken from the list. If was a girl we really wanted aiofe niamh and Ophelia (i also really liked effe but it wouldnt have gone with our surname it sounded a bit like effing haha
  • Raina. Spelling variations available.
  • My boys names that will never be used since this is our last was between Valor and Wisdom. I like the old school viture names that aren't popular anymore. I have a very unique name and have never met anyone else with my name so I never give it out on public forums like this cause one Google search and anyone can find me. My boys also have old school virtue names that were popular during the 1800s.
  • We are team pink now, but our unused boys name was Miles
  • We were convinced we were having a boy, WAY different pregnancy than with my daughter. Wanted to keep to T names for boy and K for girl. I fell in love with Toby Wayne and it took forever for my DH to jump onboard with it, but he finally did. He especially got a kick out of the fact the initials would be TWB and he could be The Walking Baby! (Yes we're walking dead fans) Last week we found out.. its a GIRL! Now trying to decide on Kelly Gail or Kelly Rose (both are family names) for our jellybean.
  • GypsyR0se said:

We have finally shortened our list down, DH was a nightmare when it came to agreeing on names, our 8 year old son wanted Haylee for his sisters name but I'm just not feeling it, our son has a unique name without being really "out there" and I like that there's not a lot of kids with his name so when choosing a name for this little girl we were trying to pick something not super popular. So far we have Ivy, Evie, Emmie and my Husband loves Ellie I do too but it seems quite popular :( so we will see when she arrives which name suits her more, our middle name we picked a combination of his mothers middle name and my mothers middle name, it ended up coming out at Kathlynn and we both really liked it!

Good luck to all the mamas picking names!

As someone named Ivy, be prepared to console your daughter daily for getting poison ivy jokes. You would think people wouldn't find it humorous, but oh boy do they! "Ivy! You're not poisonous are ya?" "Oh I can't touch you, or I'll get itchy." "I bet you've never heard the song about you? (Starts singing Poison Ivy)" I hated it so much I went by my middle name until I graduated highschool. I'm cool with it now, and demand a nickle from anyone who makes dumb comments.
  • We have finally shortened our list down, DH was a nightmare when it came to agreeing on names, our 8 year old son wanted Haylee for his sisters name but I'm just not feeling it, our son has a unique name without being really "out there" and I like that there's not a lot of kids with his name so when choosing a name for this little girl we were trying to pick something not super popular. So far we have Ivy, Evie, Emmie and my Husband loves Ellie I do too but it seems quite popular :( so we will see when she arrives which name suits her more, our middle name we picked a combination of his mothers middle name and my mothers middle name, it ended up coming out at Kathlynn and we both really liked it! Good luck to all the mamas picking names!
    As someone named Ivy, be prepared to console your daughter daily for getting poison ivy jokes. You would think people wouldn't find it humorous, but oh boy do they! "Ivy! You're not poisonous are ya?" "Oh I can't touch you, or I'll get itchy." "I bet you've never heard the song about you? (Starts singing Poison Ivy)" I hated it so much I went by my middle name until I graduated highschool. I'm cool with it now, and demand a nickle from anyone who makes dumb comments.

@GypsyR0se FYI, I got lots of "A man, duh!" jokes, as my name is Amanda, but they really never bothered me. Also my maiden name was SUPER easy to make really inappropriate jokes with come middle and high school years and while the jokes were certainly made, again they never bothered me and I laughed with them. I believe that took the fun out of it so it really didn't happen as often as it would have otherwise.

I think it just depends on the person, how they are raised and thus what their natural response is to a situation like that.

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• As someone named Ivy, be prepared to console your daughter daily for getting poison ivy jokes. You would think people wouldn't find it humorous, but oh boy do they! "Ivy! You're not poisonous are ya?" "Oh I can't touch you, or I'll get itchy." "I bet you've never heard the song about you? (Starts singing Poison Ivy)" I hated it so much I went by my middle name until I graduated highschool. I'm cool with it now, and demand a nickle from anyone who makes dumb comments.
    too funny - when i wanted to change my name forEVER as a kid/young adult, i was going to change it to "Ivy." i hated the uncreative, repetitive jokes people made, and nobody could say/spell my (now not uncommon) name; now lots of little girls have my name but as a kid it was rare. 

Autism mama!