Infertility
Options

Low AMH Level

Re: Low AMH Level

• Options
    Thank you @Hopeful_mom and @c-town18

Day 3 update: The normally fertilized embryo is growing is rated the best on their scale. They are going to let it grow until Tuesday to see how it looks before taking a biopsy. The abnormally fertilized one is growing also and is rated second best. The unfertilized one is growing also. I don't understand about the abnormal and unfertilized ones but am relieved about the first one. has anyone had this happen with an abnormal one or an unfertilized one?
    Me:32 DH:36
    Me: DOR, poor egg quality, MTHFR
    DH: MFI
    TTC since 3/2014
    2015: 3 IUI's-BFN
    12/2015: 1st IVF cycle-(9 follicles retrieved, 5 mature, 3 fertilized w/ICSI, transferred 1 excellent and 1 good embryo on day 3)-chemical pregnancy
    3/2016: 2nd IVF cycle- canceled (3 follicles retrieved, 3 mature, all fertilized w/ICSI, 1 fragmented, 2 arrested) 
    3/2016: RE suggested donor eggs- taking an ivf break and to supplement 
    9/2016: 3rd ivf cycle-cancelled due to early ovulation
    Oct./Nov 2016: 4th ivf cycle- EPP-AFC:5, retrieved 10, 10 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 6 blastocysts biopsied and frozen. 3 CCS normal embryos
    1/9/17: transferred 1 embryo-BFP 1/16
    1/18/17: beta #1-104
    1/20/17: beta #2-174
    2/2/17: first u/s, heartbeat of 107 at 6w1d
    7/20/17: baby boy born at 30+3 via emergency c-section 

• Options
    @kp214 praying for your little embryo to go all the way! 

@hopeful_mom It probably took me about an hour and a half to put it all together. But a lot of that time was recapping needles that came separated from their protective cover.  I wanted to also do a picture with the baby surrounded by all the needles....but considering im having twins and how long this took me, I decided not to do that.  I'm done being artistic with these needles.  haha

@c-town18. thanks girl!

39 years old   DH 41.  Sperm looks great.  We live in San Diego  
    Me:  ****TW loss mentioned***
    MTHFR Homozygous 677TT (dx 2016)
    hypothyroid
    8/2018           Off birth control
    11/29/2018    CP
    2/10/2019.    CP
    3/8/2019        Saw fertility doctor, AFC 5, labs drawn
    3/14/2019      Pregnant
    4/18/2019      9 week ultrasound  MM , stopped growing at 6 weeks, no HB.  D&C 
    5/2/2019       Return to fertility doctor, labs show AMH 0.27. Diminished Ovarian Reserve
                         1st of 3 Egg retrievals planned tentatively for July
    6/29/2019     started Antagonist Protocol 
    7/12/2019     First egg retrieval, only retrieved one egg and fell apart immediately, poor quality.
    8/7/2019.      Second cycle (follicular antagonist) canceled on day 5 of stims when a very large lead follicle grew out of nowhere.
    11/8/2019.    Second Egg retrieval with Lupron Flare Protocol.  2 eggs retrieved, fertilized with ICSI but no reaction occurred at all.                       Told I will never have my own babies with my eggs.
    12/20/2019    ERA - pre-receptive.  Needed 24 hours more of progesterone
    2/2020          CP
     3/2/2020     Egg donor cycle in Prague at Unica Clinic, 2 AA embryos, 1 transfer, 1 on ice. BFN.  Due to pandemic, we could not return to Prague and will abandon our remaining embryo.
    4/20/2020.  BFP trying on our own! 
    06/04/2020   After HBs at 7 and 9 weeks, MM at 10 weeks 3 days.  D&C, Hemorrhaged out 1 liter of blood from uterine artery rupture during procedure.     Spent 1 night in the hospital with a balloon tamponade in my uterus. Baby was mosaic Trisomy 21.
    8/2020.  Moving forward with Donor Egg cycle at Utah Fertility Center and sharing a cycle with ladypOtter (Gina) I met on the Bump who was also supposed to go to Prague but couldn't.  
    9/26/2020 Donor retrieval of 26 eggs, 24 mature.  Split cycle so I have 12 eggs with all 12 fertilizing. 6 PGS normal 3 boys, 3 girls
    10/29/2020 Transfer day of  girl donor egg embryo.     BFP! First HCG 92.9. Then inappropriate rise, plateau and falling.  Possibly ectopic pregnancy.  ER visit with diagnosis of "pregnancy location unknown". CP
    1/19/2021 Embryos shipped from Utah to my local clinic, starting prednisone for anti-histamine protocol. 
    2/26/2021 FET girl embryo BFP. Betas 62, 139, 386! HB at 6 weeks, then baby stopped growing at 8 week check up with weak HB measuring 6 weeks 4 days.  MM at 9 weeks. D&C 4/15/21
    7/13/2021 FET boy and girl embryos. First beta 10dp5dt 177, 14dp5dt 1631, 16dp5dt 6809. Pregnant with Identical triplets.  At 9 weeks, Baby C no longer had a heart beat. Identical Twin Girls.   Pregnancy complicated by TRAP Sequence with baby C an Acardiac fetus still receiving blood flow being pumped to it by other girls.  Referred to UCSF at 18 weeks for consultation.  No intervention needed at this time
    2/18/22 After a failed NST, at 34 weeks 1 day, Charlotte born 4lb 4oz and Lily born 4lbs 10 oz.  Our hearts are complete.  Baby girls in NICU to grow and learn to eat.
    History in Spoiler
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @andreamm31 I’m so so excited for you lady! I’ve been following along quietly. What a wild ride you have been on! Sending all the positive vibes to you and your girls every day. I’ve been meaning to send you a DM to congratulate you but haven’t :-/ I’m sorry 

I literally just finally did my photos with needles and medicine bottles from all the years of IVF with my girl who is clearly far to old to lie safety in the center!! Hahahahaha!  I really needed to get rid of them all so I was like, ok fine we just have to do this now!! 
    So I had to keep all the needles in their sharp containers (which I had many of) and let her play with all the tiny medicine bottles which were set up in a heart.  They came out cute.  And hilarious. And she didn’t get hurt cuz those sharp containers stay safely shut!  

@Kp214 crossing everything for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Me: Hashimoto Autoimune Disease
    Homozygous MTHFR Cr677
    DOR - AMH  .27 High FSH (don't even know how high)
    2 iui's to start - BFN 
    IVF 1 -3 made it do day 5!    2 5AA 1 6BB  PGS results =  all abnormal :(
    IVF 2 - stimmed for 19 days. insanity. Had 5 follicles that looked mature but only 2 contained mature eggs the others were empty.  Nothing made it to day 5
    IVF 3 - added in HGH - 4 mature follicles (had some empties again) 3 made it to day 5/6 for PGS (held for testing with next retrieval
    IVF 4 - Upped my dosage for the first time - Canceled 11 days into sims - looked like 1 follicle and we were afraid it was empty
    IVF 5 - Canceled -  looked like 1 follicle and we were afraid it was empty
    IVF 6 - 3 mature, 2 fertalized 1 made it to day 5 and sent for PGS

Sent in IVF round 3 and 6 (4 embryos) for PGS testing and got 2 normal embryos!!!  1Boy and 1Girl. Took a little over a year to get those two embryos so demanded all sorts of test prior to attempting transfer. Did EFT, ERA and NK Cells testing.

FET#1 - Intralipid drips, Prednisone, and did a depot lupron shot before starting the FET protocol
    Chemical pregnancy
    FET#2 - PGS normal boy - BFN
    Natural pregnancy - cycle following the FET2????   Miscarriage at 8 weeks.  viability scan had shown an enlarged yolk sac so I had been warned that it was likely not chromosonally normal :(

DEIVF cycle - picked a donor who is willing to be open! Her cycle resulted in in 4 PGS Normal embryos
    1st transfer - chemical pregnancy
    2nd transfer - success, May 17 2020 due date!
  • Options
    @hopefuljj I’d love to see the picture. I’m sure it was overwhelmingly happy and empowering to see the results of your hard work and journey. 

@andreamm31 that is so cute!! Love how they are already showing their personalities. 

Afm, day 6 6BA embryo was biopsied and frozen. The other two arrested. Now, the waiting game. 
    TTC since 3/2014
    12/2015: 1st IVF cycle-(9 follicles retrieved, 5 mature, 3 fertilized w/ICSI, transferred 1 excellent and 1 good embryo on day 3)-chemical pregnancy
    3/2016: 2nd IVF cycle- canceled (3 follicles retrieved, 3 mature, all fertilized w/ICSI, 1 fragmented, 2 arrested) 
    Oct./Nov 2016: 4th ivf cycle- EPP-AFC:5, retrieved 10, 10 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 6 blastocysts biopsied and frozen. 3 CCS normal embryos

• Options
    @kp214 everything crossed for you girl and the precious embaby.
    @andreamm31 Lovely picture, will be a great announcement.  Gosh your furbaby is so adorable. How is he doing now?  2nd trimester for you - I am glad you are able to relax and enjoy this now.  The girls are definitely showing you their personalities already.  I am so so ecstatic for you :)
  • Options
    Whew, trying to catch up a little bit so if I miss people, I'm sorry!!

AFM (pregnancy, complications, child)

Sorry I've been off the radar -- it's been a rough couple of months for me as we watched all of my plans go up in flames and we're back on lockdown here until DD gets a shot since no one seems to care about protecting kids. I feel like this is never going to end and no one seems to care (at least where I am). I'm upset because I think DD should be in school, playing with her friends, and it breaks my heart to tell her she's not going back to preschool for a bit (at least until things plateau). Everything my end has been fine, baby girl has been trucking along just like her sister did. I'm a little upset though that I failed my glucose challenge and the 3 hour test so I'm now being monitored for GD along with pre-eclampsia. I've had to start on some meds for that which is stressful since I know it would be better if I could have just controlled with diet.
    I'm not sure if I said this before, but I have bipolar type 2 and we've been trying to just stay on the meds safe for pregnancy...but it's getting harder with my feeling of complete isolation at home all day with occasional walks or scootering (DD got a scooter this past summer and loves showing off).  So I've been trying to get back into my online communities so I have some connection during the day. The thing that actually helps the most now is DD; she's such a character and keeps us laughing all day! She was feeding her favorite cabbage patch doll mashed bananas (her idea) a few days ago and the doll got quite messy. I was able to get most of it off but the doll still has icky dried banana bits in her mouth and on a cheek. So last night, DD announced that her doll has "gross-banana-osis" LOL  And I've been working on sewing linens (pillows, blankets, towels) for her Christmas present which is a MASSIVE barbie dollhouse. 

@JamieH2000
    I'm so so sorry to hear about the scan results. I know you are likely not returning to these boards but just in case...

I am thankful, however, that you found out about it now. This way they will be able to plan delivery so your baby can be quickly stabilized and meds to keep the DA open started until surgery can be done. I know the surgeries all sound really scary. If it helps at all, I think pediatric cardiac surgeons are possibly the best trained surgeons of all and you sound like you have a good team. As for the future -- so much can happen in 20-40 years. To put it in perspective, my uncle had just started college when the first successful heart transplant was done (1967) and he ended up getting a heart transplant himself 40 some years later (and he is still doing well!). I was born about 6 years after the first IVF baby was born and obviously, 30 some years later, I used IVF to conceive my own child. Medicine advances SOOOOO quickly.

@Kp214
    Fingers crossed!

@andreamm31
    There was some quote I posted once on my IG about how we'll understand the difficulty of the mountain we're dealing with when we see the size of the blessing that's coming. I'm so delighted for you!!! I can't wait to hear your updates! They are really like their behaviors in the womb, I think. I remember DD moving and sleeping in ways that were familiar to me from having her in my belly. I am praying that all goes smoothly for you from here on.... (we know it never works like that, but we can hope!). Do you have a home doppler? I remember being super obsessed with mine with DD -- this time I sorta do it when I think about it or get nervous but with having a preschooler home all day, there isn't much time for that!

~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Options
    @Imajin99 thank you. How are you?

@mbradfo2 that’s really tough. I hope everyone is able to go back to “normal” soon. I had covid back in February and it was rough on me. DS had it and was bouncing on his trampoline while I was lying on the couch, feeling awful. Hang in there. We are here for you. 
    TTC since 3/2014

• Options
    @kp214 Thank-you, did you get your PGS results back as of yet?  I am doing okay, to be honest, having a few bad days right now but I am sure I will get through it. Everything is at a standstill for now until my cycle returns and I can do some of that testing, hoping I can get it done this month so we can travel in November and enjoy the holidays before starting back up in January.
    @mbradfo2 Sorry about the gestational diabetes that has always been a big worry for me as I am overweight and diabetes runs in my family.  The good thing is that they are able to treat you early on, how far along are you?  I know with COVID and restrictions it can be so difficult especially for kids.  If you ever want to chat or Facetime to help with connections send me a PM :) and we can set that up for days you are not getting out too much.
  • Options
    @lmajin99  Teddy is doing great, all healed up from surgery and the tumor was scar tissue ultimately, so no cancer! Woohoo!  thanks for asking.  Im still dealing with nausea and a little vomitting, but hopefully it goes away soon.  

@mbradfo2  That is a beautiful quote.  Thank you for sharing.  I do have a home doppler, but I couldn't find anything at 12 weeks and my tech at the MFM basically said to stop trying.  One of the twins is towards my spine, so it will only stress me out not being able to find her.  But I do work in an ICU, so I took a sneak peek yesterday with the ultrasound machine and could see the girls and their heartbeats.  Again, its hard seeing baby B as she is posterior, they are like laying on top of each other.  But it was a great way to ease my mind till next  Fridays ultrasound.  Im so sorry you are dealing with both GD and Pre-E. Hopefully they won't cause you too much trouble before baby gets here.  I know its really tough feeling isolated and disconnected during this time.  I think keeping yourself busy with DD and sewing is a great idea.  Cant wait to see how the barbie house turns out!

@kp214. any news yet?? The wait must be torturous.

hypothyroid
    11/29/2018    CP
    2/10/2019.    CP
    3/14/2019      Pregnant
    5/2/2019       Return to fertility doctor, labs show AMH 0.27. Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    7/12/2019     First egg retrieval, only retrieved one egg and fell apart immediately, poor quality.
    8/7/2019.      Second cycle (follicular antagonist) canceled on day 5 of stims when a very large lead follicle grew out of nowhere.
    11/8/2019.    Second Egg retrieval with Lupron Flare Protocol.  2 eggs retrieved, fertilized with ICSI but no reaction occurred at all.                       Told I will never have my own babies with my eggs.
    2/2020          CP
     3/2/2020     Egg donor cycle in Prague at Unica Clinic, 2 AA embryos, 1 transfer, 1 on ice. BFN.  Due to pandemic, we could not return to Prague and will abandon our remaining embryo.
    06/04/2020   After HBs at 7 and 9 weeks, MM at 10 weeks 3 days.  D&C, Hemorrhaged out 1 liter of blood from uterine artery rupture during procedure.     Spent 1 night in the hospital with a balloon tamponade in my uterus. Baby was mosaic Trisomy 21.
    8/2020.  Moving forward with Donor Egg cycle at Utah Fertility Center and sharing a cycle with ladypOtter (Gina) I met on the Bump who was also supposed to go to Prague but couldn't.  
    9/26/2020 Donor retrieval of 26 eggs, 24 mature.  Split cycle so I have 12 eggs with all 12 fertilizing. 6 PGS normal 3 boys, 3 girls
    10/29/2020 Transfer day of  girl donor egg embryo.     BFP! First HCG 92.9. Then inappropriate rise, plateau and falling.  Possibly ectopic pregnancy.  ER visit with diagnosis of "pregnancy location unknown". CP
    1/19/2021 Embryos shipped from Utah to my local clinic, starting prednisone for anti-histamine protocol. 
    2/26/2021 FET girl embryo BFP. Betas 62, 139, 386! HB at 6 weeks, then baby stopped growing at 8 week check up with weak HB measuring 6 weeks 4 days.  MM at 9 weeks. D&C 4/15/21
    7/13/2021 FET boy and girl embryos. First beta 10dp5dt 177, 14dp5dt 1631, 16dp5dt 6809. Pregnant with Identical triplets.  At 9 weeks, Baby C no longer had a heart beat. Identical Twin Girls.   Pregnancy complicated by TRAP Sequence with baby C an Acardiac fetus still receiving blood flow being pumped to it by other girls.  Referred to UCSF at 18 weeks for consultation.  No intervention needed at this time
    2/18/22 After a failed NST, at 34 weeks 1 day, Charlotte born 4lb 4oz and Lily born 4lbs 10 oz.  Our hearts are complete.  Baby girls in NICU to grow and learn to eat.
    History in Spoiler
  • Options
    @Imajin99 it’s hard when you have to wait. I think the hard days happen for me in the midst of waiting. No results yet. Maybe next week. I’m waiting for AF as well. Btw, if we get a normal embryo, we won’t be transferring until January at the earliest. I’ll be there with you. What tests are you doing?  If you want to talk, send me a pm. 

@andreamm31 it’s great that you were able to see them on the u/s. Glad you’re able to do that. No news yet. Thanks for thinking of me. 
    TTC since 3/2014

• Options
    The embryo is abnormal. Still waiting on AF. 
    TTC since 3/2014

• Options
    @kp214 I am so sorry girl.  Will you try again?

hypothyroid
    11/29/2018    CP
    2/10/2019.    CP
    3/14/2019      Pregnant
    2/2020          CP
    History in Spoiler
  • Options
    @andreamm31 we did a two cycle package, so we will do one more retrieval and then call it quits. Waiting on AF. It’s been 15 days since retrieval and would like to get started. How are you?
    TTC since 3/2014

• Options
    Kp214 - I'm so sorry, friend.  Hopefully you can get started again quickly.  
  • Options
    @kp214 I am so sorry girl, I know how heartbreaking this can be but glad you will give it one more go.  Yes I will send you a PM and we can connect personally.  Honestly I do not know exactly what tests as I have to wait for AF but I know they are going to take a scrape of the uterus and then the blood tests for various blood clotting or autoimmune issues. I will look at the lab requisition and can let you know. Hope your AF comes soon.
  • Options
    Kp214 - I am so sorry to read. However, it's good to know before the procedure, anyway.
  • Options
    @Kp214. Im so glad you will try again and hopefully it builds off of this cycle.  I hear the follow up cycle usually has better results.

AFM. TW (complications)
    Baby A and Baby B (Lily and Charlotte) got their first anatomy scan today at 16 weeks.  They do them early with identical twins.  Both babies are looking great!  Everything is measuring on target and fluids look good.  They are within 5% of each other which is great.  BUT!  Baby C (our fetal demise triplet) has blood flow on doppler and is growing.  At 9 weeks she last measured 6 weeks 5 days, but now at 16 weeks she measures 10 weeks.  She has no heart beat, she is called an ACardiac Twin and the condition is called TRAP (Twin reversed arterial perfusion).  Basically she is pulling blood from one or both of the twins and if we leave it be, Baby C will continue to grow in size and she will compromise the other 2 babies and could send one or both into heart failure.  This is like the rarest of rarest complication.  We were being referred to Los Angeles specialist, but he didnt feel like I fit his criteria for intervention....he wants a baby to already be in danger, heart failure, and fluid issues.  All 3 MFMs at my practice and my OB all talked and they all want to stop this before it becomes a problem and be proactive, which I completely agree with.  So we are now being referred to a specialist at UCSF, who actually had their nurse call me at 6pm tonight on a Friday night to make sure I didnt stress over the weekend.  We are waiting on Insurance Authorization (which can take like a week) and then we will need to go up there asap.  They would ideally like us up there next Friday or the beginning of the following week so we can have an ultrasound and then the next day do the procedure.  Basically they will ablate the blood flow to Baby C so she stops pulling blood from the twins.  Im worried, but I know the girls will be ok.  We have to do this to save them and I will do anything to save them.  Im just so scared about having sedation while preggo and worried about complications or risk to the other babies.  But statistically, the articles we have read, show that doing nothing is wayyyyy more risky and dangerous and more likely to have a fetal demise from it.  So we will do whatever we can to make sure the girls are protected and given the best chance.  Seriously, I should write a damn book.  WTF!??!?!?!  This is just so crazy.  So that's where we are at! My poor hubby is freaking out.  I think im the calmer of the two....but seeing all their little body parts and 3D images today, he is like super overprotective daddy mode now. 

hypothyroid
    11/29/2018    CP
    2/10/2019.    CP
    3/14/2019      Pregnant
    2/2020          CP
    History in Spoiler
  • Options
    @andreamm31 I know it is scary. I’m so sorry you’re dealing with this. It sounds like you have a good plan and I pray all goes smoothly and quickly. Waiting is so tough. 

Thank you all for your support. I start priming today and go for baseline on Thursday. I’m afraid the birth control will oversuppress me, but I can’t control it. Lots of prayers for everyone. 
    TTC since 3/2014

• Options
    @andreamm31 WTH!!! Holy geez I swear if it not one thing it’s another! Hoping you got things squared away and you’re on the way to getting this fixed. I’m so sorry this is happening sending you so much strength and love! You’ve got strong girls cooking just like their mama! Best of luck friend!! 

@Kp214 hoping this next round brings you success!! 

AFM: some TW below but all ok! 
    Just past the 1/2 way mark woohoo! Had my anatomy scan and thank gd so far so good! Then that following weekend I had spotting all day (luckily brown but still not cute), thank goodness I was still feeling the baby periodically moving and was able to hold off going to the hospital.  After visits to the OB and MFM and finally everything tapered off things look good and they don’t know why I had the issue. Want me to take it easy and no sex, which is funny as that’s the first thing they jumped on hoping that was the cause of the spotting in the first place.  Single or not this is so a no fly zone  :D. Hoping things can now just continue on to go smoothly! Next up is the fetal echo! 

History of TTC in spoiler box
    TTC since 2014
    Unexplained Infertility - but I am 40...Low AMH .30
    7 - IUI (50mg-150mg Clomid) Feb - August 2016 all BFN 
    IVF#1 August 2016 (Antagonist protocol 4/5 eggs) Cancelled cycle :( RE thought I would get at least 10.
    IVF#2 Sept 2016 (microdose luporn pro - disappearing follies, ONLY ONE, convert to IUI) BFN
    IVF#3 November 2016 (4 ER, 3 F,  3DT)-BFP  with TWINS // MC both at almost 10wks  :'( 
    IVF#4 March 2017 //EPP  (10 ER (1 wonky so 9 ER) 7F, 3B (5AB, (2)5BB) PGS tested- ALL abnormal  :'( 
    IVF#5 April 2017 // EPP (7 ER, 7F yes! 6B) 2/5 day 4/6 day - 2 PGS normal! yes!! :)
    IVF#6 May 2017 // Antagonist didn't have time for Estrogen Priming...(4 ER, 3 F, 3B) (5AB, (2) 5BB) 2 PGS normal, yes!! :)
    IVF#7 June 2017 // EPP praying this is it and then on to an FET!

• Options
    @kp214 and @Hopeful_mom thanks ladies.  

We are going to UCSF next Wednesday for diagnostics.  It will be an 8 hr day of scans including fetal echos.  We had another ultrasound yesterday and things felt more encouraging.  The acardiac fetus only grew 0.5cm and definetly had doppler flow, but it wasn't super strong.  So that was encouraging.  Girls looked great still. Acardiac is also located at very top of my uterus in fundus and cord is anterior so easy easy access to get to it If they were to do procedure, which it doesn't look like they will need to do.  Acardiac is a smidgen smaller than baby B head, so that's relatively small and currently not causing a ton of problems, so watching and waiting is likely going to be our course,  and I'm ok with that.   We will be weekly monitoring from now on. I feel like for as shitty a situation we are in, this is the best case scenario for a shitty situation.  So my mama heart is calmer and more at peace now than I was for the past week. 

hypothyroid
    11/29/2018    CP
    2/10/2019.    CP
    3/14/2019      Pregnant
    2/2020          CP
    History in Spoiler
  • Options
    @andreamm31 this sounds like a great plan, hoping things continue along the same lines and everything just improves and moves in the best direction for you! You’re Constantly in my thoughts and keeping you all in my prayers! 
    TTC since 2014
    IVF#1 August 2016 (Antagonist protocol 4/5 eggs) Cancelled cycle :( RE thought I would get at least 10.
    IVF#2 Sept 2016 (microdose luporn pro - disappearing follies, ONLY ONE, convert to IUI) BFN
    IVF#3 November 2016 (4 ER, 3 F,  3DT)-BFP  with TWINS // MC both at almost 10wks  :'( 
    IVF#4 March 2017 //EPP  (10 ER (1 wonky so 9 ER) 7F, 3B (5AB, (2)5BB) PGS tested- ALL abnormal  :'( 
    IVF#5 April 2017 // EPP (7 ER, 7F yes! 6B) 2/5 day 4/6 day - 2 PGS normal! yes!! :)
    IVF#6 May 2017 // Antagonist didn't have time for Estrogen Priming...(4 ER, 3 F, 3B) (5AB, (2) 5BB) 2 PGS normal, yes!! :)

• Options
    @andreamm31 thinking of you best of luck tomorrow! 
    TTC since 2014

• Options
    @andreamm31 thinking of you and wishing the best outcome possible. 

@Imajin99 how are you?

@Hopeful_mom that would be scary. Glad it’s better. Can’t wait for another update!

AFM, started injections last night and go for monitoring on Friday. Hoping for synchronous growth. 

TTC since 3/2014

• Options
    @kp214 So happy you are getting started!  Come on lil eggs, grow!
    @hopeful_mom thanks for all the prayers, we love them!

Our trip to UCSF was a whirlwind.  The girls looked great! There was a 25% difference in size, but no one seemed overly concerned and they definetly were not that different 2 weeks ago, but we will just watch that.  Their hearts are in good shape and the Acardiac fetus is only 10% of the size of the girls, so they will not need to intervene at this time.  They hope it stays at that ratio, because it could be that we never need treatment if it doesn't grow too fast and blood flow stays at this level.  For such a shitty, rare diagnosis, we are definetly in the best case scenario and hope to keep it that way until they get here.  half way there! 18 weeks today!

hypothyroid
    11/29/2018    CP
    2/10/2019.    CP
    3/14/2019      Pregnant
    2/2020          CP
    History in Spoiler
  • Options
    @Kp214 funny we get excited for injections :) hoping everything grows together and you get many golden eggs! Hope you’re feeling good too! 

@andreamm31 I can’t believe you’re 18 weeks, I love that we’re rocking and rolling together! So glad everything is looking great or as you said best case senecio and really stays on track! So you’ll be getting checked every week now? Hopefully the girls continue to grow together.  For me less then 2wks ago baby was in the 30% range and today was 22% they still said all was great! Of course I get concerned but I’m trying to listen to my drs and stay relaxed! How are you feeling otherwise.  I still have my good days and bad days. 

My unexpected update below:
    AFM: I had some discharge which is never fun but since I had an appt with my OB the following day I was content... until I was told my OB was away and I had to see someone else. AND they don’t do US they only use the Doppler which I was not happy with, which then led me to have to go see the high risk dr.  I was really trying to just to one stop shopping but not so much.  At the end of the day all is good so I’ll take it.  The dr saying maybe a piece of the placenta broke away but didn’t effect the baby didn’t sound exciting but she explained it’s completely normal. Really hoping I can go the one week without revisiting them and onto the fetal echo!
    TTC since 2014

• Options
    @andreamm31 WOW is all I have to say, sorry for being MIA as I had been busy with work and a few other things.  I just caught up on the latest posts and can't believe this is occurring as I had not heard of it before.  Glad you are in such good hands and that out of all the situations you and the girls are in the best situation.  Beautiful names you have picked out!  Cheers to half way there girl!
    @kp214 How you doing and feeling with the stims?  I am fine on my end, still playing waiting game. **TW** It is funny how I was only pregnant for less than 2 weeks and 9 weeks late my cycle has still not returned **end TW**
    @Hopeful_mom It never is easy eh?! Would be nice to take a magic pill and sleep away the 9 months so we dont have to worry but happy all is good with you and lil one.
  • Options
    @andreamm31 that is great scenario. So glad things are looking good for both babies. 

@Imajin99 the waiting is awful. Is your re going to give you something to start your period?  I hope you start soon. 

@Hopeful_mom that would be scary. Glad the doctor isn’t worried.  After everything, you need a smooth pregnancy from now on. 

Afm, I have 2 follicles growing somewhat close together. As this is the last cycle in the multi-cycle package we paid for, I guess they’ll go to retrieval with just the 2. I go back Monday.  I am hoping another follicle decides to make an appearance, but I would be satisfied if both are my golden eggs. 

***tw***

my sister is being induced today.  While I’m so happy for her, I feel terribly sad and let down for myself. I had just wanted a few more follicles. I am giving myself today to feel sad, but I need to have myself under control by the time I meet my niece. 

TTC since 3/2014

• Options
    @andreamm31 thank you for sharing your announcement post, it was so beautiful and powerful to read all you have been through. Talk about a warrior!

@Kp214 I’m so so hoping those will be your golden eggs friend. I am sorry there aren’t more but maybe another will pop up.   I know exactly what it feels like to be in the situation you are with your sister.  Sending love and strength and many congrats in advance Auntie 

@Hopeful_mom oh goodness I’m so glad everything is ok! Enough with the scares!!!  Hoping for an uneventful week for you
    Me: Hashimoto Autoimune Disease
    Homozygous MTHFR Cr677
    DOR - AMH  .27 High FSH (don't even know how high)
    2 iui's to start - BFN 
    IVF 1 -3 made it do day 5!    2 5AA 1 6BB  PGS results =  all abnormal :(
    IVF 2 - stimmed for 19 days. insanity. Had 5 follicles that looked mature but only 2 contained mature eggs the others were empty.  Nothing made it to day 5
    IVF 3 - added in HGH - 4 mature follicles (had some empties again) 3 made it to day 5/6 for PGS (held for testing with next retrieval
    IVF 4 - Upped my dosage for the first time - Canceled 11 days into sims - looked like 1 follicle and we were afraid it was empty
    IVF 5 - Canceled -  looked like 1 follicle and we were afraid it was empty
    IVF 6 - 3 mature, 2 fertalized 1 made it to day 5 and sent for PGS

Sent in IVF round 3 and 6 (4 embryos) for PGS testing and got 2 normal embryos!!!  1Boy and 1Girl. Took a little over a year to get those two embryos so demanded all sorts of test prior to attempting transfer. Did EFT, ERA and NK Cells testing.

FET#1 - Intralipid drips, Prednisone, and did a depot lupron shot before starting the FET protocol
    Chemical pregnancy
    FET#2 - PGS normal boy - BFN
    Natural pregnancy - cycle following the FET2????   Miscarriage at 8 weeks.  viability scan had shown an enlarged yolk sac so I had been warned that it was likely not chromosonally normal :(

DEIVF cycle - picked a donor who is willing to be open! Her cycle resulted in in 4 PGS Normal embryos
    1st transfer - chemical pregnancy
    2nd transfer - success, May 17 2020 due date!
  • Options
    @Imajin99
    I'm now 35 weeks now and have my repeat c-section scheduled for 37 weeks due to GD and some pre-e symptoms. MFM figures baby looks great so why not just take her at term, heh. GD has been a bit of a ride for me but so far it seems to be under control with meds. BP is going up but nothing dramatic yet (fingers crossed)

@Kp214
    I keep following your updates and have my fingers and toes crossed for you. This is such a crap journey but the best thing I've heard yet is 'to have faith in the road'  -- which was from my therapist. I guess it's just about realizing there are ups and downs but you will arrive at your destination, whatever that looks like for you. I know how it feels to become an auntie while you are on this path -- my younger sister who married several years after me had two babies before I had one! But being an auntie is so awesome and I really got to get some of my baby-crazy out with all sorts of gifts and being the cool auntie. 

@andreamm31
    I love your announcement/story. These babies are so hard-won and while I'm not putting down anyone else's experience of motherhood, I do think it changes your experience of being a mom quite a bit. I have faith that the medical complication with the acardiac twin will be handled by your team (although jeez, really, when can the crazy ride stop? lol ). I've never really been able to be open to my family and friends about my own journey because I was asked to keep it on the downlow by my parents as we have some very conservative family members who do not agree with ART [against the will of god, etc]. But most of them realize there's a bit more to things then us just waiting 11 years of marriage to have a baby.
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Options
    @mbradfo2 That seems like it went fast :) just a few more week which is great.  If you are able to still walk and move around just try to walk after your meals will help with the GD & BP hopefully.

AFM: Got my first period over the weekend and booked for a hysteroscopy & endo biopsy next week.  Blood results for lupus, blood clotting, and other things they checks have all come back normal.  Excited to finally be travelling in a few weeks, its been 2 years!
  • Options
    @mbradfo2 wow!  35 weeks!!  So close!!  I know you’re excited. Sorry you’ve been dealing with GD and pre e. But it’s almost over!

@Imajin99 yay for getting started!  It’s nice to feel like you’re actively doing something. 

@hopefuljj thank you so much. 😊

afm, it’s been pretty good news. Monday she saw 3 to 4 follicles. Today, she saw 5 but one was already 20 mm. So, I told her I’m okay waiting to let the smaller two catch up, at the risk of the 20 mm being too big. They think retrieval will be Sunday or Monday. I pray it’s Sunday since there’s an appointment that we’ve waited months for scheduled that morning for our son. 
    TTC since 3/2014

• Options
    @Kp214 Best of luck with the retrieval and hope you are able to have it tomorrow!
  • Options
    Thanks. It wasn’t today. They wanted to have me do retrieval for Monday and that wasn’t possible. So, I went back today. Things looked good. The 20 mm was 27, so I figure that one won’t be good but the other two grew to over 15. There was also a 6th one to pop up, but it’s 11. We will se what Tuesday brings. They wanted me to do another ganirelix tonight before trigger but I don’t have one.  That’s making me anxious. 
    TTC since 3/2014

• Options
    they retrieved 3 mature eggs. I was so disappointed that two others were empty. But now the wait for them to grow begins. Come on golden embryos!
    TTC since 3/2014

• Options
    Only 1 out of the 3 fertilized. I’m heartbroken. 
    TTC since 3/2014

• Options
    *TW (child mentioned) I don't know where the time goes...its like one long day over here...baby bumpkin has yet another ear infection..I'm just constantly at the drs lately.  Just hopeful that only one ear is infected and not both this time so hoping it stays that way!

@kp214 ugh sorry I missed this important week for you, praying this golden embryo is your lil miracle friend!  Congrats on your niece, hope everything went smoothly!!

@mbradfo2 wow you're getting so close, best of luck with everything!  I'm sure the obstacles of preE and GD is a roller coaster!  I have my test next week for GD and I'm certainly nervous about it but trying not to think about it too much!  How has Anne been doing?  she must be getting so excited!!

@Imajin99 happy to hear good results are coming through and hope it continues!  Need to get you back on track!  Its crazy and amazing how the body works!  Think of you often and always sending good vibes!

@andreamm31 yay 20 weeks, each milestone is priceless!  Gd bless you have a lot going on in that lil tummy of yours, but I do think you'll start to feeleven more movments as the weeks progress.  I start laughing as my lil one starts to tickle me out of no where.  I'm still no feeling everything as the baby was doing flips during th echo and the tech asked me if I was feeling it and I wasn't feeling any of it.  Have you been having any cravings.  Finally 24wks and I'm now starting to have some better days and I even had a cup pf decaf it was great!  You're announcement is truly a work of art and I'm so glad you were able to share it and its been received well!  It's chilling still how much you have gone through and continue too but you got this, and your kids are super lucky!  Did you mention the names?  I must've missed it.  BTW  How is the dibling doing?  I think thats the right term? Really just hoping this can just be an exciting time for you!  I hope you're taking bump pics...I'm way behind with those!!

AFM:  huge milestone!
    hello viability week!!  I've thought about 24 weeks for the longest time, I'm thrilled....now come on 28 and beyond!!  With all these appointments and seeing the lil one you think I'd feel great...but still always nervous.  So glad I can feel the movements to give me some piece of mind for the moment.
    TTC since 2014

• Options
    @Hopeful_mom. Yay!! For viability!! So pumped for you girl. I'm so sorry your lil one had all these ear infections.  Your poor mama heart. 
    No major cravings here which I'm surprised by.  Also the whole second trimester supposed to be more "eager" for your hubby never came either!  I was having terrible terrible reflux 24/7, but my MFM just prescribed Prevacid and yesterday was my first full day on it and not one episode of reflux, I was happy dancing by the end of the day.  It was miraculous!!  Thank you for your sweet comments!! And yes,  we do have names!  Lily and Charlotte!!  As for a bump pic...I did one at a wedding last week and I'm already wayyyyyy bigger in just a week,  but this one came out cute,  so I'll put it below .  I'm trying to do them at least every other week....but its so hard.

hypothyroid
    11/29/2018    CP
    2/10/2019.    CP
    3/14/2019      Pregnant
    2/2020          CP
    History in Spoiler