April 2016 Moms
Options

**The Everything Random Thread for April Mamas**

Re: **The Everything Random Thread for April Mamas**

• Options
    edited November 2015

What music do people here like? I haven't seen anyone talking about music!

I listen mostly to metal, but I've been crushing on my Alanis Moresette station in Pandora lately. Favorite bands are Coheed and Cambria, Teagan and Sarah, Slipknot, Breaking Benjamin, and Killswitch Engage. I never went to a concert before Fiancé and I got together, and now I've seen all of my favorite bands several times! (except T&S, because he doesn't like my "lesbian" taste is music)
    I've been listening to BB and Killswitch Engage all day! Definitely love them!
    They are amazing live! So glad BB is back together. Got to see them at Monsters of Rock, right before I got KU. One of their first concerts and it was CRAZY!
    I've also heard they're amazing live. Definitely would love to go to a concert with them. I promised DH that our next concert will be with Meshuggah (it's nms but he is a HUGE fan and loves playing covers for them on YouTube) but then I'll try to make it happen!
    DH just got offered to record and mix a song with the bassist of Opeth when he comes to Sweden and he is over the moon right now. He is such a great musician and music producer and I'd love to see him succeed in what he loves the most.

• Options
    @NOLA520 - Yep, the Lafayette Ice Gators!  Scott Darling (Chicago's backup goalie) did a stint there.  He was quite the hero in the first round of the playoffs, so maybe there's hope for Louisiana yet.

The only nice thing about giving up hockey (which I'm not advocating for, because it's a huge sanity thing for my husband, and I like going to his games/drinking wine in the stands with the other hockey groupies) is that I'd no longer have to have an entire room of my home dedicated to smelly hockey gear.  That part wouldn't suck.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    NOLA520 said:
    @NOLA520 - Yep, the Lafayette Ice Gators!  Scott Darling (Chicago's backup goalie) did a stint there.  He was quite the hero in the first round of the playoffs, so maybe there's hope for Louisiana yet.

The only nice thing about giving up hockey (which I'm not advocating for, because it's a huge sanity thing for my husband, and I like going to his games/drinking wine in the stands with the other hockey groupies) is that I'd no longer have to have an entire room of my home dedicated to smelly hockey gear.  That part wouldn't suck.
    I feel your pain, but only minimally -- DH keeps his gear PRISTINE, so it barely ever smells. And considering it's all insane custom stuff worth more than my car, he better take care of it, 'cause we're not replacing it. :neutral: And plus also!!! I think there must be TWO teams down there now, because the one he's taking about is the Mud Bugs.
    I need to know your husband's secrets.  Joe sets his out to dry after every game, and washes it almost every week (we don't have in-unit laundry, or it would be more frequent), but there is just no getting rid of the stink. 

Not looking forward to this weekend, when one of us finally caves and brings up the hockey bag that's been sitting in the car since Monday. I can't carry that monstrosity up three flights of stairs, and with a busted shoulder he really shouldn't either, so it's just... there.  Waiting.  Getting more disgusting by the minute, no doubt.
  • Options

The highlight of tonight's insomnia: DH opened his eyes, farted loudly, and began giggling like a school girl. I asked what was so funny, and he said, "They [the cats] both jumped." Then he rolled over and went back to sleep. I married a weirdo and I'd give my left arm to be able to sleep through the night.

I put mine to bed drunk last night, and he insisted he couldn't fall asleep without his hand on my chest so he could feel the baby's heartbeat. I let it happen til he passed out...
  • Options

The highlight of tonight's insomnia: DH opened his eyes, farted loudly, and began giggling like a school girl. I asked what was so funny, and he said, "They [the cats] both jumped." Then he rolled over and went back to sleep. I married a weirdo and I'd give my left arm to be able to sleep through the night.

I put mine to bed drunk last night, and he insisted he couldn't fall asleep without his hand on my chest so he could feel the baby's heartbeat. I let it happen til he passed out...
    I couldn't be mad at that, and apparently he blindly ate his way through half of the kitchen before he came to bed. I was awfully upset to find the pizza box empty when I wanted a snack this morning.
  • Options

DH told me this morning he farted the dogs awake last night who then growled at him and left the bed in a huff. Not the first time it's happened and I'm not going to lie, DH sleeping in the guest bedroom so I don't get sick has been nice.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

DH told me this morning he farted the dogs awake last night who then growled at him and left the bed in a huff. Not the first time it's happened and I'm not going to lie, DH sleeping in the guest bedroom so I don't get sick has been nice.

I was more upset about the empty pizza box in the refrigerator. Talk about a letdown!
  • Options
    It's snowing out! Why can't it wait till after thanksgiving ? :neutral:
  • Options
    thaisac1 said:

I could reaaallllllyyyy use a fucking cigarette right now.

Random I know. But hey that's what this thread is for. And if I said this shit out loud, people would get all judgey and I'm totes not in the mood for judgey.

Use this pregancy as your final "I QUIT!" moment!!!!  Friendly cardiologist advice. ;)

I know you're so right and I really want this to be! I know it's a terribly disgusting and unhealthy habit.

This is going to sound jumbled but it makes sense in my head. It's kind of like the idea someone telling me I can't have or do something makes me want it more.

when I wasn't pregnant I couldn't stand the smell of smoke, made me so nauseated. I could take one tiny hit and it was game over. I felt so sick and every time I craved one I remember just how nasty it made me feel.

But tis a distant memory now and the addiction is still strong and there. So I believe I block out the nasty side effects and I don't actually remember how it makes me feel. My body just wants one so badly! The smell doesn't bother me while I'm pregnant. I actually like it, much over raw onions. Those guys get me gagging. And I actually crave a cigarette. Especially because I'm telling myself NO I can't have one, I want it that much more.

I have no idea if any of that makes any sense lol
  • Options
    For possibly the first time since school snow days I am excited about the snow! We got 6 inches last night and I'm so excited for pretty family pictures this afternoon! But as of 5p it can all go away...
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    I think it depends on the ultrasound equipment if you need to drink water or not.

I get my anatomy scans at the hospital so usually they tell me to pee before I get the ultrasound. I've never had to drink water when I went to them.

At my last Obgyn, I never had to drink water for any ultrasounds. My new ob though has me drink water or they do the vaginal ultrasound if I say my bladder isn't full so I'm assuming their equipment must not be as high tech.
  • Options
    We're going to Disney Sunday after thanksgiving and I wanna do our pregnancy announcement pictures. I have an idea for a shirt for DS but I am not sure if it's too much on a shirt and I should just have a friend do it as a graphic design, and just have DS wear a big either shirt. Can you ladies help me decide? I know we have an announcement thread but you're my peeps here!
    First BFP 12/2012, MMC at 9 weeks
    Second BFP 6/2013, resulted in DS, born 2/23/14 :-)
    Third BFP 5/2015, natural MC at 6 weeks
    Fourth BFP 8/2015, hoping for sticky little brother or sister to H!

Proud SAHM to our little monkey H. 
    Pro Vax, extended breasftfeeder, ring sling and stroller loving mama. I don't judge you unless you don't vaccinate!
  • Options

We're going to Disney Sunday after thanksgiving and I wanna do our pregnancy announcement pictures. I have an idea for a shirt for DS but I am not sure if it's too much on a shirt and I should just have a friend do it as a graphic design, and just have DS wear a big either shirt. Can you ladies help me decide? I know we have an announcement thread but you're my peeps here!

No opinion on the shirts, but I like the pictures of the mickey ears, with a smaller pair in front of them, in front of the castle. (Actually I might do that when I got to Epcot on the 1st anyway...)
  • Options

Do you have any ideas we can visualize? I'm a visual person!
  • Options

I announced my pregnancy in Disney by wearing a shirt that said future Mouseketeer on board. It was cute but a little hard to read from far away. Maybe print a sign and have your son hold it in a pic in front of the castle?
  • Options

thaisac1 said:

Random I know. But hey that's what this thread is for. And if I said this shit out loud, people would get all judgey and I'm totes not in the mood for judgey.

Use this pregancy as your final "I QUIT!" moment!!!!  Friendly cardiologist advice. ;)
    I know you're so right and I really want this to be! I know it's a terribly disgusting and unhealthy habit.

This is going to sound jumbled but it makes sense in my head. It's kind of like the idea someone telling me I can't have or do something makes me want it more.

when I wasn't pregnant I couldn't stand the smell of smoke, made me so nauseated. I could take one tiny hit and it was game over. I felt so sick and every time I craved one I remember just how nasty it made me feel.

But tis a distant memory now and the addiction is still strong and there. So I believe I block out the nasty side effects and I don't actually remember how it makes me feel. My body just wants one so badly! The smell doesn't bother me while I'm pregnant. I actually like it, much over raw onions. Those guys get me gagging. And I actually crave a cigarette. Especially because I'm telling myself NO I can't have one, I want it that much more.

I have no idea if any of that makes any sense lol

thaisac1 said:

I have no idea if any of that makes any sense lolr

I'm rounding in the hospital and caring for a person in their 40s with heart attack. Smoker. In my experience, 99.9999% of ppl who are young and have coronary artery disease (ages 20s-40s) are smokers or have a history of smoking. It is really, really bad. Don't let that be you!!!! Just be done with it! Also , your baby will be grateful too!:)
  • Options
    mrstraxmrstrax member
    edited November 2015

What about something simple on a shirt like this? Don't mind the crayon - Mom life :)

ETA ah! Upside down! Why?
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    It's cliche but what about buying mouse ears? If they come in multiple sizes, you could each wear a pair and hold a tiny pair in front of your belly (or put them on your belly if you've popped).

Also - tiny mouse ears. D'aww!
  • Options

It's cliche but what about buying mouse ears? If they come in multiple sizes, you could each wear a pair and hold a tiny pair in front of your belly (or put them on your belly if you've popped).

That's what I said >.> I mean kinda.
  • Options

That's what I said >.> I mean kinda.
    Totally missed this. Back to not being clever :'(
  • Options
    So much snow today! Yay!

*Small rant coming up here*

I've been an emotional mess all day. I am scared my anxiety attacks will come back, even though I haven't really had any since April. I worry so much about how DH and I will work things out financially. He doesn't speak Danish so finding a job here won't be that easy and he really wants to pursue his musical and sound engineering career, which would be fine by me if it wasn't for the fact that I am an architecture student with 2 years left of her Master degree and the fact that we are about to have a child that needs to be fed something else than ramen noodles. I feel bad about telling him that he has to give up his lifelong dream after having invested so much time and energy into it, but I honestly don't see another way out besides me quitting my studies and providing for both of us. So I cried for a long time until DH managed to calm me down and promising that we will find a way out of this.

• Options

So much snow today! Yay!

I've been an emotional mess all day. I am scared my anxiety attacks will come back, even though I haven't really had any since April. I worry so much about how DH and I will work things out financially. He doesn't speak Danish so finding a job here won't be that easy and he really wants to pursue his musical and sound engineering career, which would be fine by me if it wasn't for the fact that I am an architecture student with 2 years left of her Master degree and the fact that we are about to have a child that needs to be fed something else than ramen noodles. I feel bad about telling him that he has to give up his lifelong dream after having invested so much time and energy into it, but I honestly don't see another way out besides me quitting my studies and providing for both of us. So I cried for a long time until DH managed to calm me down and promising that we will find a way out of this.

Don't worry, you can eat ramen and baby can breastfeed ;)
    Totally kidding, obviously. DH and I have to have a serious conversation about our budget soon. He's still a bit spend my for my comfort and I'm seriously stressing over money.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    So much snow today! Yay!

Don't worry, you can eat ramen and baby can breastfeed ;) Totally kidding, obviously. DH and I have to have a serious conversation about our budget soon. He's still a bit spend my for my comfort and I'm seriously stressing over money.
    Thank for making me smile haha. He is an amazing man and I love him to bits, but when it comes to finances he is clueless. He grew up in a family with a lot of money and never had to worry about money a day in his life, whereas I came from a family where my parents would save every penny they could to make sure we could go on vacation once a year. His parents are retired now and he's on his own. Only he still spends money. I hate being the one to always bring up budgets and finances and telling him "No, you don't need to buy the new Iphone, what you need is to buy a stroller for our son". I hate stressing over this stuff and I hope it finally sunk in today.

• Options

So much snow today! Yay!

Don't worry, you can eat ramen and baby can breastfeed ;)
    Totally kidding, obviously. DH and I have to have a serious conversation about our budget soon. He's still a bit spend my for my comfort and I'm seriously stressing over money.

Thank for making me smile haha. He is an amazing man and I love him to bits, but when it comes to finances he is clueless. He grew up in a family with a lot of money and never had to worry about money a day in his life, whereas I came from a family where my parents would save every penny they could to make sure we could go on vacation once a year. His parents are retired now and he's on his own. Only he still spends money. I hate being the one to always bring up budgets and finances and telling him "No, you don't need to buy the new Iphone, what you need is to buy a stroller for our son". I hate stressing over this stuff and I hope it finally sunk in today.

The only differences in our stories is that DH did not grow up with money but does have trouble with impulse control after being in a few too many IED incidents...knocked his brain around a bit. I would trade a second with him, but I am going to start having him track every penny he spends in hopes that when he sees the amount he's really spending compared to what he thinks he's spending, he'll get with the program.
  • Options

The only differences in our stories is that DH did not grow up with money but does have trouble with impulse control after being in a few too many IED incidents...knocked his brain around a bit. I would trade a second with him, but I am going to start having him track every penny he spends in hopes that when he sees the amount he's really spending compared to what he thinks he's spending, he'll get with the program.
    Sorry to hear about the incidents, but it does sounds like the only option for our dear hubbies. He's currently in the process of selling his car and I told him that he better immediately transfer all that money to my account because I know he'll be tempted to buying a lot of stuff. His friends warned me when I met him that I would essentially be marrying a kid :P

• Options
    @elasticheart13 - Deep breaths and big creepy internet hugs. You will figure this out. It won't be easy, but it definitely won't be impossible. Remember, even if your husband isn't able to follow his dream full time from the minute he gets there, the time he spends now working the crap job to support you guys while you're in school will be repaid once you're out of school with a degree that will allow you to pay the bills while his career is taking off. You won't be asking him to give up his dream, you'll be working together to build a strong foundation for it. Same with any part-time job you take on top of your coursework; it'll be tough now, but its going to pay off! It sucks in the short term, but in the long term it's going to help you build a beautiful life together.

And another thing: I can't promise no panic attacks, but I'd bet money that having him by your side is going to greatly reduce whatever suckage you're in for. Shared joy is multiplied, shared hardship is divided and all that. It's going to be better than you anticipate.
  • Options
    AGK2015 said:
    @elasticheart13 - Deep breaths and big creepy internet hugs. You will figure this out. It won't be easy, but it definitely won't be impossible. Remember, even if your husband isn't able to follow his dream full time from the minute he gets there, the time he spends now working the crap job to support you guys while you're in school will be repaid once you're out of school with a degree that will allow you to pay the bills while his career is taking off. You won't be asking him to give up his dream, you'll be working together to build a strong foundation for it. Same with any part-time job you take on top of your coursework; it'll be tough now, but its going to pay off! It sucks in the short term, but in the long term it's going to help you build a beautiful life together. And another thing: I can't promise no panic attacks, but I'd bet money that having him by your side is going to greatly reduce whatever suckage you're in for. Shared joy is multiplied, shared hardship is divided and all that. It's going to be better than you anticipate.
    That was very comforting and reassuring to read, thank you <3 He was here with me through the darkest time of my life and I know for a fact that I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for his love and support. I will keep this in mind and talk it through with him. :) 

• Options
    @elasticheart13 big hugs... I'm also broke and anxious. You and your precious family WILL be okay. <3
  • Options
    aa79606 said:
    @elasticheart13 big hugs... I'm also broke and anxious. You and your precious family WILL be okay. <3
    You guys are seriously the best, thank you <3

• Options
    @elasticheart13 the joy of being someone who is a kid at heart beats out being with someone more financially responsible any day, IMO.
  • Options
    @elasticheart13 the joy of being someone who is a kid at heart beats out being with someone more financially responsible any day, IMO.
    I agree, he always brightens up my day and makes me laugh until I pee myself. No one is perfect, and God knows I'm definitely not, but he puts up with my craziness and loves me for who I am :) So we will make this work somehow.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    @thaisac1 Speaking of Brazilian Portuguese, that is hands down one of the sexiest languages of all time. DH speaks it on an okay level and holy crap it's hot. Always wanted to go to Brazil! 

• Options

@thaisac1 Speaking of Brazilian Portuguese, that is hands down one of the sexiest
    languages of all time. DH speaks it on an okay level and holy crap it's
    hot. Always wanted to go to Brazil! 

How did it pick it up? You guys are crazy multilingual!
  • Options

thaisac1 said:

@thaisac1 Speaking of Brazilian Portuguese, that is hands down one of the sexiest
    languages of all time. DH speaks it on an okay level and holy crap it's
    hot. Always wanted to go to Brazil! 

How did it pick it up? You guys are crazy multilingual!

Haha, well for him that was a perk of coming from a diplomatic family. His dad was the Egyptian ambassador in Colombia, and his uncles were ambassadors in Chile, Mexico and Brazil. He lived in South America for many years and ended up speaking fluent Colombian Spanish, and picking up Portuguese as well. He has an Egyptian friend in Bogota that speaks the same languages as DH and listening to their convos is so confusing because they shift between English, Arabic, Spanish and French in the same sentence. It's hilarious.

Mmmm Columbian Spanish is ultra sexy!
  • Options
    For those who were on TTGP. I like to lurk the TWW threads and twincities got a BFP today!