April 2016 Moms

**The Everything Random Thread for April Mamas**

Re: **The Everything Random Thread for April Mamas**

• Valentine's Day must have been pretty popular around here. There are so many girls fit to burst at any second.
  • Loading the player...
  • So I invested in a blanqui body styler, and even though today was only the first day I wore it, I'm impressed. My back is still a little tight, but I don't feel like I got hit by a truck for the first time in weeks! It really improved my posture and the pressure on my hips felt great. It fits a bit awkwardly because I'm so short, but folding up the belly band portion at the bottom and pulling down the under bust part made it work.
    I tried it on with a fitted shirt and it was nice and smooth, no wrinkles or weird bulges (because I'm starting to get weird bulges in weird places). I got the underbust version so I can wear it with all necklines, but I'll probably get a regular one for work, as well.
    I'm not sure how badly the rest of y'all are feeling as far as back pain, but I was sucking.
  • What music do people here like? I haven't seen anyone talking about music!

I live for concerts and music festivals and I have no idea how many I've been to. I have a pretty random taste. Off the top of my head I love: Metallica, Lamb of God, Sia, Florence and the Machine, In Flames, Johnny Cash, Slipknot, Nine Inch Nails, Radiohead, and I am guilty of liking some of Taylor Swifts songs. Oh and I love classical music, like Debussy.

I will be going to a concert in London next week with a Lebanese indie band called Mashrou Leila and I am a HUGE fan. Very excited.

• In the last 10 years I've been to concerts ranging from country (Garth Brooks, Luke Bryan), classic rock (Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, REO Speedwagon, Styx, Nugent, Aerosmith), alternative/rock/metal (Incubus, Atreyu, Deftones, AILD, Slipknot, Sounds of the Underground & etc festival-type settings), small venues, large venues.. I just love music. I LOLd tonight when my cousin texted me saying she was at a local bar and Afroman was playing.. bahaha.

As far as what my favorites are, I also have a fairly random taste like @elasticheart13.. current/lifetime favorites include: Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson, Incubus, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Sublime, Hands Like Houses, Sleeping With Sirens, State Champs, John Mayer, REO Speedwagon, Queen, the Beatles, Eminem, Tupac. I just truly love music.
  • cmjenkies said:

In the last 10 years I've been to concerts ranging from country (Garth Brooks, Luke Bryan), classic rock (Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, REO Speedwagon, Styx, Nugent, Aerosmith), alternative/rock/metal (Incubus, Atreyu, Deftones, AILD, Slipknot, Sounds of the Underground & etc festival-type settings), small venues, large venues.. I just love music. I LOLd tonight when my cousin texted me saying she was at a local bar and Afroman was playing.. bahaha.

As far as what my favorites are, I also have a fairly random taste like @elasticheart13.. current/lifetime favorites include: Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson, Incubus, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Sublime, Hands Like Houses, Sleeping With Sirens, State Champs, John Mayer, REO Speedwagon, Queen, the Beatles, Eminem, Tupac. I just truly love music.

The Deftones concert I went to last summer was seriously one of the best I've ever been to. I was supposed to go to Slipknot this summer, but baby decided to come instead :P

• I have been to a lot of concerts too in recent years although I am starting to enjoy them less. I just keep getting more annoyed at the hassle and crowdedness. I can't even remember all I have seen either! Off the top off my head I have been to Neil Diamond, Cher, Styx, REO Speedwagon, Poison, Steve Miller Band, Van Halen, Journey, Bon Jovi, Alan Jackson, The Presidents, Def Leppard, Aerosmith. Cher was amazing! So was Neil! I also love classical music!! I still want to see Alice Cooper and David Bowie. Pink Floyd is my favorite band and I also love the Beatles but I don't like any music from like the last 10 years or so.
  • I listen to country despite being from Vegas. Just love it!

Random: DS has been sick since Monday. Tonight out of nowhere it's like he suddenly felt okay and was so happy and playing for 20 min. Loooooook.

Your son is so freakin cute!

• Thanks!!!! He's his daddy's clone but every once in a while he'll have a glimpse of me. The pic where he's sitting down and grinning with his mouth shut looks like me. I think we have the same cheeks from a profile view. Everything else is daddy. No paternity test needed.
    First BFP 12/2012, MMC at 9 weeks
    Second BFP 6/2013, resulted in DS, born 2/23/14 :-)
    Third BFP 5/2015, natural MC at 6 weeks
    Fourth BFP 8/2015, hoping for sticky little brother or sister to H!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Proud SAHM to our little monkey H. 
    Pro Vax, extended breasftfeeder, ring sling and stroller loving mama. I don't judge you unless you don't vaccinate!

Random: DS has been sick since Monday. Tonight out of nowhere it's like he suddenly felt okay and was so happy and playing for 20 min. Loooooook.

I've been MIA for 2-3 days besides a few pop-ins. Any update on immigration?

Pro Vax, extended breasftfeeder, ring sling and stroller loving mama. I don't judge you unless you don't vaccinate!

Sadly not yet. DH will call on Sunday to hear what's up. They have until Wednesday to issue him the visa, so fingers crossed!

Sadly not yet. DH will call on Sunday to hear what's up. They have until Wednesday to issue him the visa, so fingers crossed!
    I still can't believe that you guys are married and he can't live there! Crazy. And we thought the US was hard on immigration!

I like stuff I can dance to: Hot chip. Royksopp. Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs (I swear those are real DJs. I didn't just make them up)
  • Was UO good today? Should I read all of it? Didn't have time to check in til now and not sure I wanna make that kind of commitment when I could really use a shower.

• Was UO good today? Should I read all of it? Didn't have time to check in til now and not sure I wanna make that kind of commitment when I could really use a shower.
    What makes it good? I think I pissed some people off with my wild opinions. Bananas were discussed. The usual I think....
  • I'm pretty ecletic, like most things but rap or country... My favorite band is U2.
  • edited November 2015
    @NachosAndPeaches you'd think, but we've been through hell with the immigration here. I moved to Sweden because he ended up getting an entry ban to Denmark for overstaying a visa. His residency application got rejected while I was hospitalized and transferred to psychiatric ward. There was no way he was leaving me alone and I really needed him there, but they wouldn't understand. Very complicated, but hopefully over soon!

• Quick question for those who have had their anatomy scan - I was told when making my appointment to drink lots of water & not go to the bathroom before the appointment. I should have asked more questions, because my appointment is in 2 hours and I'm not sure when I need to stop going to the bathroom? Like now, or can I go right before I leave work and make sure to down water on the way there? I've been drinking tons of water all day so the bathroom trips have been frequent thus far.
  • I could reaaallllllyyyy use a fucking cigarette right now.

Random I know. But hey that's what this thread is for. And if I said this shit out loud, people would get all judgey and I'm totes not in the mood for judgey.
  • @jmhank, I think as long as you have a somewhat full bladder you should be ok. The office I went to actually tells you not to do that (which I of course didn't read in advance, oops - they had me go pee mid-scan to try to get baby to move). So if you normally have to pee every 2 hours, maybe try to go an hour before? I wouldn't worry about it too much either way.
  • jmhank said:
    Quick question for those who have had their anatomy scan - I was told when making my appointment to drink lots of water & not go to the bathroom before the appointment. I should have asked more questions, because my appointment is in 2 hours and I'm not sure when I need to stop going to the bathroom? Like now, or can I go right before I leave work and make sure to down water on the way there? I've been drinking tons of water all day so the bathroom trips have been frequent thus far.
    I was not really told anything haha, but I had to pee right before going in to the appointment and my scan went well :wink:

• jmhank said:

Quick question for those who have had their anatomy scan - I was told when making my appointment to drink lots of water & not go to the bathroom before the appointment. I should have asked more questions, because my appointment is in 2 hours and I'm not sure when I need to stop going to the bathroom? Like now, or can I go right before I leave work and make sure to down water on the way there? I've been drinking tons of water all day so the bathroom trips have been frequent thus far.

Honestly, they didnt say one word to me about this before i went to my a/s. I always try to drink as much as I can. I think I probably peed last about 45 minutes before the scan, and didnt feel a huge urge to go while I was there but there was at least some fluid in my bladder. The tech didnt say anything to me about it either, so I'm not sure how much of a big deal it is? Having a full bladder helps to push the uterus up so they can see it better. They didnt have any trouble seeing mine at 20 weeks. Probably not a huge deal unless you have a backwards tilted uterus I would assume.
  • Quick question for those who have had their anatomy scan - I was told when making my appointment to drink lots of water & not go to the bathroom before the appointment. I should have asked more questions, because my appointment is in 2 hours and I'm not sure when I need to stop going to the bathroom? Like now, or can I go right before I leave work and make sure to down water on the way there? I've been drinking tons of water all day so the bathroom trips have been frequent thus far.
    Honestly, they didnt say one word to me about this before i went to my a/s. I always try to drink as much as I can. I think I probably peed last about 45 minutes before the scan, and didnt feel a huge urge to go while I was there but there was at least some fluid in my bladder. The tech didnt say anything to me about it either, so I'm not sure how much of a big deal it is? Having a full bladder helps to push the uterus up so they can see it better. They didnt have any trouble seeing mine at 20 weeks. Probably not a huge deal unless you have a backwards tilted uterus I would assume.
    I had a retroverted uterus, but at 20 weeks it should not be facing backwards any longer :)

• I have my anatomy scan scheduled on Tuesday. The doctor called today to confirm the appointment and I asked about having a full bladder. They said I am far enough along (19 weeks) that I don't need to worry about it. I would double check with the doctor though. Usually they have you drink 32 oz of water 1.5 hours before your appointment and finish it in 30 minutes. So if your appointment is at 5:30pm, start drinking at 4pm and finish by 4:30pm.
  • Thank you so much ladies!
  • thaisac1 said:

I'm pretty ecletic, like most things but rap or country... My favorite band is U2.

U2? Really? I am still mad at Apple for uploading that damn album onto my iTunes/phone when it released! I can't get it off of there no matter what I do, it just keeps coming back! Their only saving grace for me is that Bono is so engaged in global humanitarian relief.

• cmjenkies said:
    I'm pretty ecletic, like most things but rap or country... My favorite band is U2.
    U2? Really? I am still mad at Apple for uploading that damn album onto my iTunes/phone when it released! I can't get it off of there no matter what I do, it just keeps coming back! Their only saving grace for me is that Bono is so engaged in global humanitarian relief.
    Love love love love love love love U2!!!! I just saw them live in Montreal in June, and I was at the railings, I had the MOST amazing time!!!!  My Facebook feed got flooded with closeup U2 pics and videos at the time, I was just having the time of my life. That was shortly before becoming prego. Wish I could go back in time and re-live my U2 concert experiences again!
  • I don't like U2 either. That post about the Apple download made me laugh! :)
  • @kalanieileen I feel your pain. I haven't had one in nine months, but I still crave them - worse than anything else, actually. But then I smell smoke on someone and gag. DH quit after nearly 20 years of on/off smoking and has had no trouble, no cravings, nothing. I smoked for all of a 1 1/2 years (mostly when I was drunk, then it snowballed) and I don't honestly know that I'll ever stop craving it. BUT I feel so much better and if it keeps DH from going back to it, I'll never smoke again. He's 10 years my senior, and my lucid pregnancy dreams often place me at his funeral long before I'm ready. If I could just get him to stop drinking Dr. Pepper, maybe I'd feel better ;)
  • @NOLA520 - I will gladly trade you. That one brief second of sharing in somebody else's excitement was cool, but I'm over it now.  I hate the snow and the cold and the slippery bullshit, and to top it off the husband is out of town and supposed to drive back in it tonight.  Seriously gross; I'll take jacket-free weather any day of the week!

I listen mostly to metal, but I've been crushing on my Alanis Moresette station in Pandora lately. Favorite bands are Coheed and Cambria, Teagan and Sarah, Slipknot, Breaking Benjamin, and Killswitch Engage. I never went to a concert before Fiancé and I got together, and now I've seen all of my favorite bands several times! (except T&S, because he doesn't like my "lesbian" taste is music)

I listen mostly to metal, but I've been crushing on my Alanis Moresette station in Pandora lately. Favorite bands are Coheed and Cambria, Teagan and Sarah, Slipknot, Breaking Benjamin, and Killswitch Engage. I never went to a concert before Fiancé and I got together, and now I've seen all of my favorite bands several times! (except T&S, because he doesn't like my "lesbian" taste is music)
    I've been listening to BB and Killswitch Engage all day! Definitely love them!

I've been listening to BB and Killswitch Engage all day! Definitely love them!
    They are amazing live! So glad BB is back together. Got to see them at Monsters of Rock, right before I got KU. One of their first concerts and it was CRAZY!
  • NOLA520 said:
    @NOLA520 - I will gladly trade you. That one brief second of sharing in somebody else's excitement was cool, but I'm over it now.  I hate the snow and the cold and the slippery bullshit, and to top it off the husband is out of town and supposed to drive back in it tonight.  Seriously gross; I'll take jacket-free weather any day of the week!
    DH and I want to move to New Orleans sooooo badly, but we both love winter (and he plays hockey), so we just can't seem to actually decide to go. We keep saying "oh, we can visit family during winter to get our fill of snow," but I'm not sure that's enough.
    Hockey wives unite! *virtual high five*

I would give up winter in a heartbeat, but I think he'd have a tough time of it.  I lived in Arizona for about a year and a half, and it was glorious... but that was before I met him.  Ice time is hard enough to come by here, I can't imagine what it would be like somewhere where people didn't grow up skating.  Besides, we both love Chicago too much to really consider relocating.  Unless we were moving to Italy or something; then all bets are off.