Infertility

September / October IVF

Re: September / October IVF

• Great news! Sounds like you're right where you need to be. @HBamama2B

Welcome to everyone who is new!

@amk0327 I can't speak from experience, but from what I've heard and read, most people don't start having pregnancy symptoms until 4-8 weeks after conception. I definitely don't think it's a bad sign that you don't feel anything yet - it's still early. FX and best wishes!
    Me: 33 | DH: 35
    DX: Dilated fallopian tubes 
    10/05: First IVF ET | Transferred 1 blast 
    Beta: October 19th | BFP!
  • amk0327 I am with you on 2ww I had my 3dt on the 11th as well. We have beta on Wednesday(23rd). I can honestly say it's the grumpy doubts that pop up.... I am having cramps have sore boobs. I am trying to remain positive. We can be 2ww buddies but we only have a few more days left... 8-> [-O<
    ***Pregnancy Mentioned***
    1st IVF and Only....
    Me:30 DH:29 3/4 ( littles will be a great 30th prez)
    PCO w/o symptoms/DH crooked swimmers   
    Lupron CD21 Aug 18
    AF Aug 25
    Stim Aug 28-follistim started at 150u
    E2 Aug 31- 345- dropped dosage 100u
    US/BW Sept 1- 16 eggies E2 695-dropped dosage 75u
    BW Sept 2 E2 791 bounced up to 91.6u
    BW/US Sept 3 E2 1095 dropped back to 83u 20+ eggies 12mm-14mm range   
    BW/US Sept 4 E2 2050 same dose @83u 20+ eggies 14mm- 16mm range                                                                                   
    EGG Retrieval Day sept 8th 24 eggs 12 embies 
    EMBRYO Transfer Day 6 Embies 
    2 embies 8c grade 1 and 2 transfered with Assited Hatching due to Zona Factor
    BFP 8dp3dt :)
    Beta #1 358 12dp3dt!!!
    Beta #2 850-1000 15dp3dt!!!
    October 9th- IT'S TWINS!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Knottie: I know! I'm trying to stay positive but it's been 3 years of disappointment. I have sore nips. Boobs aren't really sore. This 2ww is torture! I'm trying to hold out and not take any hpts. [-O<
  • @Joyzie77 and others - FET went well this morning! So surreal seeing a picture of the embryo they transferred and the uterine cavity shot. Went straight from there to acupuncture which I slept soundly through. Now the excruciating 11 day wait for the beta begins! We'll see if my willpower stays strong and prevents me from any HPT taking.
  • @HBamama2B does it come with instructions? All I have is a calendar... No storage instructions, no dosage instructions... I guess I'll get them when I start injections?!?
    Ah!
    Where are you in the process? How has it been?
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• I have been trying for 8.5 years i just turned 30 at the beginning of this year. It is frustrating. But I am staying optimistic

1st IVF and Only....
    Lupron CD21 Aug 18
    AF Aug 25
    Beta #1 358 12dp3dt!!!
  • So nice to wake up and see such good news on here for you ladies! Hang in there@khochanadel !

@colleen0516 it doesn't, we had videos about which needles to use with which meds and DH bought a white board. They give me my dosing after each us so I only know a couple of days of the protocol at a time. The videos helped the most. If you look at the side of each box of meds tho it will show the correct temp.

@amk0327 welcome and GL! Only a few more days for you guys!!!

So from the women I've talked having never been pregnant myself, no symptoms is completely normal! Sore nipples is commonly the first and only symptom until week 5 or 6. I understand the need to feel something but I think you are both right in there! So excited for your betas. FX you both get your BFPs!
  • Are any of you doing a special diet in preparation for ER/T? I'm cutting back on caffeine but I've heard mixed things about whether or not a diet is important. One doctor wanted me to cut out all carbs and sugar but not lose weight and another said to keep doing what I'm doing. I just feel like I should be doing more to increase my chances of having a BFP.
  • @LCK0830 I stopped drinking caffeine and alcohol a week or so before stims. I just treated myself like I was pregnant when it came to diet. Idk if it made a difference or not, but if all goes as planned, there will be changes anyhow.
  • Had my beta this morning. Lining looked good. I stop the birth control today and probably start the estrace soon. I'm waiting on the doctor to give instructions. If all goes will the transfer will be October 9th. Anyone tell me what to expect the next few weeks? They have estrace, minivivelle patches and pio on the list but the pio comes the week before the transfer, right? We have 3 good embryos to transfer so we are super excited to get the ball rolling. It seems like forever compared to the Iui.
  • Thanks @athompson0308 I cut out alcohol and plan on increasing my daily intake of fruits and vegetables. I should also cut back on carbs. I love pasta so much though!

@Joyzie77 I'm not scheduled to take progesterone until a few days before my ET but the nurse said she'll update me when we get closer to the day (Oct 8th). I'm starting injections on Sunday and then will be visiting my doctor every few days for monitoring where dosages/timing could change depending on how my body reacts to the medications. Will you have frequent monitoring?
  • With my Iui I went in every other day. I think they will monitor me closely. The nurse told me the same thing. It will all depend on the bloodwork and ultrasounds. Are you excited??? I'm excited and nervous all in one.
  • Yes! I'm so excited! At least right now. Ask me in an hour and I might be nervous again, haha. Are you doing a frozen transfer?
  • Looks like I start the Estrace and the patches on Tuesday. I'm glad that the process is moving forward because the PGS results wait took forever! 
  • So many baby trains moving forward!! >:D<

I definitely changed my diet to accommodate and try to maximize growth. No simple carbs or soda and lots of raspberry tea, Brazil nuts, watermelon, and fish. We will see if it works!
  • I have my egg retrieval this Sunday. I'm super nervous and excited. I was a slow responder but now things seems to be going fine. Atleast that is what my doctor says. Fingers crossed!!

Good luck everyone!!
    >:D<
  • HBamama2BHBamama2B member
    edited September 2015
    Welcome @crispyleavce ! Good luck in your upcoming ER! So far I've been a slow responder too, although maybe that'll change tomorrow... FX you have a great ER with little discomfort!
  • Hi Girls! So I had my surpression check yesterday and everything looked good so I got the go ahead to start my stims last night. I'm on 75iu of gonal f, 75iu of Menopur, and 5iu of Lupron. I go back in on Tuesday for my first monitoring appointment. Was anyone else on similar meds or dosages? I feel like the dosages are on the lower side but I'm in my mid 20s and have PCOS so I think my doctor is trying to prevent me from developing too many eggs.
  • @runmeg91 I was on 275 units of Follistim for a while then the moved me down to 225 units. And 5 units of Lupron while on my stims. I ended up with 14 eggs at retrieval, 8 were fertilized, 2 were transferred on day 3 and only 2 made it to freeze. Still in my 2ww so idk if it worked yet. GOOD LUCK!!!! [-O<
  • Only 1 made it to freeze. Typing on my phone I hit the wrong button.
  • I'm on similar dosages - 75iu of Menopur and 112iu of Gonal F. I'm taking Lupron but not until trigger time. I'm petite so that might have something to do with the dosages? I bet the hormone levels in BW is also a factor. I figured they will be increased if I'm not responding as strongly as they'd like.
  • A little less than a month for me from start to finish for my first IVF fresh cycle. From birth control meds, to injections, to retrieval to transfer
  • Water sono didnt hurt me. I was nervous too..but you'll be ok. You can always take advil beforehand ...anti inflammatory...before the procedure ...if you are worried tho. Make sure you go in with a full bladder. Good luck!
  • RE switched up my meds again after this mornings US and BW. My estrogen is up to 435 so they want me to go back in tomorrow morning for more BW and US. Starting to feel nervous about this cycle as they fiddle with my meds and see me every other day or every day. But at least they are on top of it.
  • edited September 2015
    We are not due for our BHCG until Wed the 23rd so you girls know that I didn't get a positive on my Friday HPT...... I took another one this morning after stumbling to the potty at 6 am b/c I forgot to turn off the alarm half a sleep I only saw one line so got frustrated and went back to bed without actually waiting on the test to and tonight at dinner admitted that I caved and took a HPT to DH and that I was getting worried that we are a bust for this fresh IVF cycle.... apparently we might have 2 lines( hubbie found the test) but I need to retest in the Morning..... FX  
    1st IVF and Only....
    Lupron CD21 Aug 18
    AF Aug 25
    Beta #1 358 12dp3dt!!!
  • Gah! FX, arms, legs, and braids for you @knottie24173360 !!! It's still super early, and yes the test was viewed late, but still... I'm praying for you lady that tomorrow am you get a quick and sure BFP!!!
  • HBamama2B He made me hold my pee for 4 hrs and I took another one this evening about an hour ago......SOOOOOOOOO faint the line is but you can see it under the lamp light!! FX that FMU has a good showing in the AM...... I am so nervous and....... I am to scared to be excited even a little bit....
    1st IVF and Only....
    Lupron CD21 Aug 18
    AF Aug 25
    Beta #1 358 12dp3dt!!!
  • @Knottie24173360 YAY! YAY! Yayyyyy!! That's so exciting! I hope it's dark in the morning!!!! Keep us posted!
    FX!!!
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze

• HBamama2B  and don't worry about being bounced around on meds they did that to me.... Its a hormonal roller coaster but it is worth it!!!
    1st IVF and Only....
    Lupron CD21 Aug 18
    AF Aug 25
    Beta #1 358 12dp3dt!!!
  • Good luck this morning @Knottie24173360!!
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • @Knottie24173360 any good news this morning?!?!?
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• @Knottie24173360 Congrats!! I'm so excited for you!!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • Knottie24173360  congrats!!!
    ***pregnancy mentioned***

Me: 27/ DH: 29
    Dx:  obstructive azoospermia 
    IVF#1:  October 2015
    10/7/2015:  ER  11 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized w/ ICSI
    10/12/2015:  Transferred 5AA and 4AA blasts, froze one 4AA and 4BB
    Beta #1 9dp5dt:  122!!! BFP!
    Singleton, due June 2016

• Yay!!!!! Congratulations @Knottie24173360! That's so exciting! So happy for you!
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• @Knottie24173360 hooray! That is outstanding news! So excited for the first of many BFPs in our little cohort! Enjoy this exciting time with your DH and keep us updated on your betas. Woohoo!!
  • @Knottie24173360 -- CONGRATULATIONS!! Hope this is a sign for things to come for the test of us!
  • Yayyy! Congrats! Awesome news!
  • Thanks Girls!!! I will keep you posted!!!  ;) :x
    1st IVF and Only....
    Lupron CD21 Aug 18
    AF Aug 25
    Beta #1 358 12dp3dt!!!