June 2015 Moms
Options

The Daily Gripe

18910111214»

Re: The Daily Gripe

• Options
    Yeah that annoys the piss out of me, too. I mean, seriously, does the OP not know how to make a list of her own? And secondary, do the commenters really need to list 50+ names? Could they not narrow down a top 5 or something? If I suggest names, I'm usually stopping at 3. Ain't nobody got time for all that :!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yesterday I broke my thumb nail down to the quick trying to pry apart frozen pancakes and now I can barely use my right hand. =D>
  • Options
    HayesRN13 said:

Some of the things I read on here have me worried sick about babies, poor no voice, innocent babes =((

I would hope that if I were one of the mamas with a poor babe, you would pm me and tell me. I hope you realize by now that I would consider what you (or other mamas here) had to say. Just throwing that out there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mellymar said:

HayesRN13 said:

Some of the things I read on here have me worried sick about babies, poor no voice, innocent babes =((

I would hope that if I were one of the mamas with a poor babe, you would pm me and tell me. I hope you realize by now that I would consider what you (or other mamas here) had to say. Just throwing that out there.
    Melly, I'm pretty sure she doesn't mean you.

• Options
    HayesRN13 said:

Agreed, so sad.

@mellymar, definitely not you.
  • Options
    Yea I third that request
  • Options
    I fourth it. I want to know if I'm doing something stupid so I stop.
  • Options
    I hope I'm not so stupid as to cause distress in others :(
  • Options
    @lovethatcolosun I hope you had fun! You deserve a break!
  • Options
    life gripe/rant about maternity leave
    so.. I applied for maternity leave back on july 26th, i tried applying back in may when i stopped working but i lacked information to complete it and couldnt get ahold of one of my old employers to provide it. so I finally was able to apply in july, 3 weeks after i gave birth to my son, as it turns out neither of my employers had submitted records of Employment, so i texted them both asking them to do so. before either of them did, my claim had run out because they took so long and i had to resubmit it in October and get an antedate so that it will say I submitted back in july. almost the end of November and my 2nd most recent employer (the one i needed the info from) still has not submitted my roe even after getting a request from the government for one. so i am not getting any money. and of course Christmas is right around rhe corner and i have the same amount of money in my account as my 14 year old brother. who doesnt have to pay for anything. (in fact my mom just bought him $300 worth of clothes)
    so frustrated. i think im just going to cancel Spending Christmas with anyone besides my LO
  • Options
    @Jessheppell I'm so sorry! I would be beyond frustrated. Are you able to go see your employer in person and make the request? Or perhaps get them on the phone? If someone else's laziness was affecting my Christmas plans, heads would roll.
  • Options
    This Relationship Leap is getting us bad. Total fussy pants.
  • Options
    We have had a lot of stuff happen since we've had LO, job issues, we got evicted from our apartment, and are currently living with My cousin, her husband and mother. LO is trying to go into sleep regression, I think. She hasn't slept well at night for the past few weeks. Only long stretches of sleep I get is putting her in bed with me, and those are broken up by getting smacked or kicked every so often. That, coupled by the fact that we are sleeping on a metal futon that's broken and I've got a lovely metal bar that my hip presses into no matter how I lay....I'm literally so close to losing my mind that I feel like I can't even function. Constant fussy/crying LO since she has went thru this sleep regression, not sleeping, and my DH that has so much going on he can't help as much as he would like. I need time away from EVERYONE. Is that awful of me? I just want to be alone for longer than 7 minutes, which is how long it takes LO to cry after I jump in the shower, which then my husband comes in and says 'are you almost done?'
  • Options
    @samantham0305 I think that's normal to need some time to yourself. I'm feeling the same way. I'm a bit overwhelmed right now but hoping once the holidays are over I'll start to feel better about things. You've had a lot going on too. I hope you can find a little bit of time for yourself. 7 minutes isn't asking too much! Anyone else to help you out some? I know I struggle with feeling guilty when im not with my LO but I know it's important to recharge a little too. Parenting is so hard & exhausting. I hope your LO sleeps better soon. Sleep deprivation certainly makes everything feel worse.
  • Options
    mindaamindaa member
    edited January 2016

We have had a lot of stuff happen since we've had LO, job issues, we got evicted from our apartment, and are currently living with My cousin, her husband and mother. LO is trying to go into sleep regression, I think. She hasn't slept well at night for the past few weeks. Only long stretches of sleep I get is putting her in bed with me, and those are broken up by getting smacked or kicked every so often. That, coupled by the fact that we are sleeping on a metal futon that's broken and I've got a lovely metal bar that my hip presses into no matter how I lay....I'm literally so close to losing my mind that I feel like I can't even function. Constant fussy/crying LO since she has went thru this sleep regression, not sleeping, and my DH that has so much going on he can't help as much as he would like. I need time away from EVERYONE. Is that awful of me? I just want to be alone for longer than 7 minutes, which is how long it takes LO to cry after I jump in the shower, which then my husband comes in and says 'are you almost done?'

Sorry you are going through all that. Hope you see some positive change soon. Yes, its totally normal to need a healthy recharge, and eventually dh is going to have to figure out how to help you get it, despite what he has going on. A mom's health is very important!
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)