May 2015 Moms

30 Day Ab Challenge

Re: 30 Day Ab Challenge

• Are any of you doing other things while going through this ab challenge? I go on a walk/run and do some weights for these gross arms. I just did not know if any of you were doing this and how much you increased you water/food intake. I am concerned it is hindering my breastmilk supply. 
  • Did mine today but no sit-ups
    gtellier
  • Loading the player...
  • edited August 2015
    odawg said:

Are any of you doing other things while going through this ab challenge? I go on a walk/run and do some weights for these gross arms. I just did not know if any of you were doing this and how much you increased you water/food intake. I am concerned it is hindering my breastmilk supply. 

I've been trying to go on the treadmill and do a short run. And by short I mean a few minutes. I'm so out of shape. I'm now alternating doing a minute walk and a minute running. Hoping that will improve my endurance and then I can do more running and less walking. I won't be able to go on the treadmill today though. And I still have to do my abs. It's been a busy day!

I haven't noticed it influence my milk supply. But it's only been a few days. I also haven't really changed my diet but do drink more water while on the treadmill.
  • Done!! I had to modify but I still did it. I cheated on the sit ups and also did them in 3 groups of 10. And I did reverse crunches instead of leg lifts. Easier but works the lower abs just the same.
    gtellierlola2bee
  • Done. Owwwww. In addition to the ab exercises, I walk two miles every night with the LOs. Not a big exerciser over here so that is probably the most I will be doing!
    lola2beegtellier
  • I am also hoping to do couch to 5k but probably not until after my hysterectomy in sept.
  • Im not doing the abs challenge, more power to you ladies, can we please do a butt challenge next month?
  • mars8k said:

Im not doing the abs challenge, more power to you ladies, can we please do a butt challenge next month?

We will definitely consider butt for next month. I did that one last year too and it was great!! We will do a poll closer to the end of this month to decide what muscle group we will do next. But butt is definitely one of the options ☺️
  • gtelliergtellier member
    edited August 2015
    Day 6 done! In addition to this, I do 100 squats daily (I did a squat challenge last month and just continuing the momentum). I eat like I normally would, even healthier I might say, as I don't want food to work against the 35 sit ups that were really hard to complete haha. I actually find exercise has increased my milk supply. One more day ladies, then rest day!! Are you seeing results? I have noticed my stomach is getting flatter already!!
    justkeeptrying
  • I can't tell by looking but my work pants feel a little looser :)
    I am cheating a bit on sit ups but even just doing something is good I think. I do hurt though!
    Anyone that had a c section doing this? I'm wondering if that's why I hurt so bad! Lol
    gtellier
  • Done day 6. Did reverse crunches again instead of leg lifts. And did 20 sit ups and then 15 cheat ones. But at least I'm doing something. And the first 20 sit ups were good ones so I'm happy with my progress
    lola2beegtellier
  • Done. @tvgirl102 - c sec over here, too. Definitely struggling but giving it my best! The leg raises seem to hit me in the exact place my c sec cut was so those are definitely the hardest for me.
    gtellierlola2bee
  • I feel like I should be doing this but I'm afraid to. I had a c section and the thought of moving my muscles around my incision creeps me out, I have a hard enough time touching the scar lol
  • Day 7 done!
    lola2beeblairdavis99
  • Done day 7!!! Had DH stand on my feet which helped the sit ups :) Yay for rest day tomorrow :)
    gtellierblairdavis99
  • Done. @tvgirl102 - c sec over here, too. Definitely struggling but giving it my best! The leg raises seem to hit me in the exact place my c sec cut was so those are definitely the hardest for me.

Yeah I felt pain similar to when I was healing but it is getting better. I am sitting on my hands when doing the sit ups because I can't seem to get up with my hands on my chest lol
    My goal with this challenge is go just strengthen those muscles again.

Also, rest day tomorrow! :)
    blairdavis99
  • Is anyone else's tailbone hurting, especially during the sit ups? Mine is hurting so bad. I've tried lying on a cushion to help but it's seriously hurting more than my abs at some points. Anyone else?
  • Is anyone else's tailbone hurting, especially during the sit ups? Mine is hurting so bad. I've tried lying on a cushion to help but it's seriously hurting more than my abs at some points. Anyone else?

Yes! I think mine is bruised....but then i just lie to myself that that means i dont have a crap ton of fat everywhere if my tailbone is nailing the floor.
    justkeeptrying
  • Good job ladies!! We're doing awesome!!
    justkeeptryingblairdavis99
  • @jodi1008 - I hear ya! A home health nurse came to my house about 4 weeks out. She took one look at me and said "Um....you know you can take those bandages off, right?" And I said "Um....you know that would involve looking at it and even touching it, right?"
  • @blairdavis99 I hated that too! My steri-strips holding the incision together stayed on about that long until my husband was like here let me take them off for you. I took the initial bandage off in the shower at the hospital so the nurse could remove my staples and add the steri-strips... Bad idea. Looking at it and seeing it just makes me feel sick especially when it still hurt but now it still feels weird and numb so I still avoid touching it. Does that ever change?? Lol
    blairdavis99
  • @jodi1008 - not yet for me but I hope so! I'm 16 weeks pp & still avoid that area at all costs.
    jodi1008
  • Day 9 done. Not gonna lie, I liked day 8 better ;)

But I did all the sit ups with no break or cheating. But I did do reverse crunches again instead of leg lifts. I tried to do them but was finding it too painful so I modified again.

I also did 20 minutes on the treadmill alternating between walking and running. Trying to take this weight loss thing more serious now!
    gtellierlola2bee
  • Day 9 done. It was hard, and wasn't feeling it today, but I did it!
    justkeeptryinglola2bee
  • Done! And my tailbone definitely is hurting now @chambersbaby2015
    gtellierlola2bee
  • Done! And my tailbone definitely is hurting now @chambersbaby2015

I did my sit ups on a big pillow. Definitely helped this time!
    blairdavis99
  • I started(day 1) today. Have been 1 minute walking, 1 minute jogging on the treadmill for 40 minutes daily for 5 weeks. I also do several arm, weight exercises daily. Time to start flattening the tummy! Sit ups were hard, but got through everything! Hope this brings results : )
    justkeeptryinggtellier
  • I got a little behind over the weekend but I'm back on board today!!!
    justkeeptrying
  • Done day 10. Come on ladies!!! We are 1/3 of the way done!!!!
    gtellier
  • Day 10 done!!
    justkeeptrying
  • Done day 11!! Found the sit ups way easier today!! Rest day tomorrow. WOOHOO!
    gtellierblairdavis99lola2bee
  • gtelliergtellier member
    edited August 2015
    Ahh!! Just getting home from visiting the grandparents and I'm pooped. Today will be my rest day and doing day 11 tomorrow! Still fully committed though, but this mama needs some sleep haha
    lola2beejustkeeptrying
  • I did my measurements this morning. Down 3/4 inch in my hips and 3/4 inch in my waist!!! Only down 1/2 pound which is disappointing...but I'm thrilled with the difference in my waist especially!

Happy rest day everyone!!!!
    blairdavis99gtellierlola2bee
  • Ok, done day 11! Back on track!! Happy rest day everyone!! :)@chambersbaby2015 that's awesome! I forgot to take measurements, but my pants fit SO much better!
    justkeeptryinglola2bee
  • Day 13 done!! Muscles are starting to hurt haha!
    lola2bee
  • Done!! I do did not want to do those tonight. But seeing you ladies say you completed it definitely motivated me! Thanks!!
    gtellierlola2beeblairdavis99