February 2016 Moms

Uo's 7/30

Re: Uo's 7/30

• AchaeAchae member
    Bfavors said:
    I think my state just passed a law stating that multiple DUI's constitutes a felony status...I know in Canada it's a felony or anyone not Canadian can't got into the country until it has been 10 years and they petition or something...

Good. No tolerance for drunk drivers.
  • Why the hell should convicted felons have the right to vote? What exactly are they contributing to society that gives them the right to vote?

The fact that they're citizens? The fact that they have served their time and have been reintroduced into society? It is unjust to withhold this right even after they have served their time.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm still trying to figure out how a Sonic runs out of limes. You are Sonic!

Sonic is right across from the place I got a pedicure yesterday so I enjoyed a happy hour cherry limeade and some pampering for an hour. It was glorious.
    Pregnancy Ticker

September Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Fall:
  • PaniaOPaniaO member
    Bfavors said:

@paniao don't forget the joke that is our mental health system, which also adds to the substance abuse because so many with MH issues self medicate.

YES. Total bingo. :-q
    S & A married 8.12.2013
    Expecting Saulie O 2.12.2016
  • edited July 2015
    kris10mac said:
    I'm still trying to figure out how a Sonic runs out of limes. You are Sonic! Sonic is right across from the place I got a pedicure yesterday so I enjoyed a happy hour cherry limeade and some pampering for an hour. It was glorious.
    RIGHT!?!?! Seriously, shit list! Oh, and my Sonic is across the street from a Safeway. Really, you couldn't run over there and pick up more??

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • ohbaby714 said:
    I hate adult cartoons. Example; Family Guy, Simpsons, American Dad, South Park. I think they are all just super super awful. Edit: Spelling
    I guess my UO is that those are my fav shows, esp. Family Guy and South Park. I just love that they don't get as heavily censored as other network tv shows (prob because they are cartoons!). But then my tv maturity level is pretty low....  
    September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • Bfavors said:
    kris10mac said:
    I'm still trying to figure out how a Sonic runs out of limes. You are Sonic! Sonic is right across from the place I got a pedicure yesterday so I enjoyed a happy hour cherry limeade and some pampering for an hour. It was glorious.
    RIGHT!?!?! Seriously, shit list! Oh, and my Sonic is across the street from a Safeway. Really, you couldn't run over there and pick up more??
    I've been to a steak house that ran out of steak. WTF? We didn't stay. 
    BabyFetus Ticker

F16 Sep Siggy Challange - Fav Thing About Fall (even though "fall" won't be here until at least Dec)
    Green Bay animated GIF

• wisco29 said:

Ohhhh I love Blizzards. Reese's is the best!

Psa for da today

DQ: Buy a BLIZZARD treat TODAY & $1 or more goes to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. @partic DQ: MiracleTreatDay.com. STOP2stop HELP4help. Msg&data apply.

Got it in a text... Since all of you pregnant ladies now are dying for blizzards

I just texted my husband and told him that we need to go to get a Blizzard when we get off work today so that we can help with a great cause for children's hospitals. He responded "Sure. Did your Feb board talk about DQ today?" ummm maybe, but I am just trying to be philanthropic!  And it't not really my fault that I come home with a new craving everyday from this board!

When I saw the commercial the other day I asked DH if we could because "it's for the kids..."
  • Here is my UO: I hate being pregnant. I hated it the first time, I hate it this time too. I have a hard time bonding with the baby before he/she is born. I don't feel the attachment everyone talks about with this thing growing in my belly. I even call it a parasite (technically it kinda is, it sucks out your food and energy and grows inside of you!) It was like that with my first also, I didn't fall in love until he came out and I held him. 

This! Exactly! I feel bad that I don't think i love my baby now. I'm a FTM and suffering from severe vomiting now. All I can think about is how my life should be if I don't have this baby. I even told my DH that this is the first and last baby. I even think that if I know pregnancy would be so hard, I would not have wanted this baby. I couldn't tell other pp my thought. They will think I'm a terrible mom. Thank you for posting this.

• wisco29 said:

Psa for da today

DQ: Buy a BLIZZARD treat TODAY & $1 or more goes to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. @partic DQ: MiracleTreatDay.com. STOP2stop HELP4help. Msg&data apply.

Got it in a text... Since all of you pregnant ladies now are dying for blizzards

I just texted my husband and told him that we need to go to get a Blizzard when we get off work today so that we can help with a great cause for children's hospitals. He responded "Sure. Did your Feb board talk about DQ today?" ummm maybe, but I am just trying to be philanthropic!  And it't not really my fault that I come home with a new craving everyday from this board!

When I saw the commercial the other day I asked DH if we could because "it's for the kids..."

I am in the longest dq drive thru line ever right now thanks to you ladies, well and the fact that my son wouldn't go down for his nap. He's finally napping in his car seat, and I'm going to enjoy my chocolate chocolate chip cookie dough blizzard. Yummy!!!
  • Ohhhh I love Blizzards. Reese's is the best!
    How dare you? Cookie dough all the way!!!

• g8trkim said:

How dare you? Cookie dough all the way!!!

Love the cookie dough! Last time I was there (yesterday) I got the brownie cookie dough. YUM! But I've been craving Reese's something terrible. I think that might be my next one... Today... You know, for the kids.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • The turtle pecan cluster blizzard is otherworldly (spoken from a former Reese's devotee).
  • wisco29 said:
    Psa for da today DQ: Buy a BLIZZARD treat TODAY & $1 or more goes to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. @partic DQ: MiracleTreatDay.com. STOP2stop HELP4help. Msg&data apply. Got it in a text... Since all of you pregnant ladies now are dying for blizzards

Haha! I say things like that to my SO a lot, too. "So, the ladies on the pregnancy board say...." fill in the blank with some food-related request. @ashcody2 and her pizza muffins, whoever told me that you don't need a movie ticket to buy popcorn, etc., etc.
  • Kimbarbour08Kimbarbour08 member
    edited July 2015
    kris10mac said:
    Today the Dunkin Donuts in my town ran out of chocolate frosting, so when my coworker got 2 dozen donuts this morning for a group of students the Boston Cream all had vanilla on them! That's not Boston Cream, that's like Antarctica Cream! (get it . . . cause it's white! yep bad joke!)

Best part, they didn't tell her they were out of chocolate until AFTER she bought the donuts . . . not cool
  • Another UO I've discovered after looking at the baby names board is names that end in the long e sound. Brinley, Katie, Keely, etc. Especially if it's a nickname. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • g8trkimg8trkim member
    edited July 2015
    g8trkim said:
    I hate tourists in my city... but I love being a tourist in other people's lol

There was a woman at the pizza store yesterday who ordered a "cheese pizza" and it had me gritting my teeth. We don't call it "cheese" pizza here! It's just "a slice of plain" or "a slice of regular" and I don't know why it annoyed me so much-- could have had to do with the fact that I was REALLY friggen hungry. 

Anyhow, this is an, admittedly, really stupid unpopular opinion and I do hope she enjoyed her "cheese" pizza - I'm an asshole sometimes 

I have never heard it referred to as regular or plain before. 

BTW - I love your SN and it reminds me of Gilmore Girls :-)
    DH is from Brooklyn and whenever we go up to visit family they always order cheese pizza. I've never heard them say regular or plain.
    I'm from brooklyn too, if we want a "cheese pizza" we order a "plain pie" 
    There's no hard and fast rule for all NYers. Cheese, plain, slice, pie. Calling a pizza cheese is not strictly a tourist thing.

Edit grammar fail

• Another UO I've discovered after looking at the baby names board is names that end in the long e sound. Brinley, Katie, Keely, etc. Especially if it's a nickname. 
    The girls on that board just don't like made up names. Katie is fine (though I think it's usually a NN not a given name). Brinley is totally made up. Personally, I'm not a fan either, but to each their own.

• I find just about everything made by Little Debbie disgusting (a commercial just reminded me of this). It doesn't even taste like food! It grosses me out when it see them in peoples' carts.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• wisco29wisco29 member
    edited July 2015
    egraves4 said:

I hate you all. I have IBS and I almost threw up from a blizzard yesterday. No more.

Me too! I can't eat any ice creAm! We can be sad together

@inomniaparatus can you trim your quote trees.... Or maybe just tag the person when it gets so huge? Tia.

@AdventureMama haha, that was h every time I wanted to buy a new gizmo for dd. he would always know it was the new coolest thing that my old Bmb had found out about! We ALL had the fisher price frog chairs! Bmb's are horrible influences!!
  • g8trkim said:
    Another UO I've discovered after looking at the baby names board is names that end in the long e sound. Brinley, Katie, Keely, etc. Especially if it's a nickname. 
    The girls on that board just don't like made up names. Katie is fine (though I think it's usually a NN not a given name). Brinley is totally made up. Personally, I'm not a fan either, but to each their own.
    My ex SIL named one of her daughters Katie. We tried to talk her into Kate or something similar and to call her Katie, but no. Her other daughter is Keely and the sound of it in my head is like nails on a chalkboard.

• One of the best blizzard flavours is chocolate covered cherry. It's not usually on the lists but it's cherries with the dipped cone chocolate mixed in. Amazing! It's not the same with the dipped cone chocolate. Maybe I just love that stuff on it's own
  • g8trkim said:
    Another UO I've discovered after looking at the baby names board is names that end in the long e sound. Brinley, Katie, Keely, etc. Especially if it's a nickname. 
    My ex SIL named one of her daughters Katie. We tried to talk her into Kate or something similar and to call her Katie, but no. Her other daughter is Keely and the sound of it in my head is like nails on a chalkboard.
    I think when people have babies they want to name them sweet little girl names, which I get but you kind of forget they will one day be adults. Well, at least Katie can just go by Kate if she wants.

• Katie is a totally normal name. I went to hs with a few of them and they still go by Katie.

Katie is fine for adults or kids.

Made up names with ie, or y or whatever added... Are the ones that will be ridiculous on a resume.
  • wisco29 said:
    Katie is a totally normal name. I went to hs with a few of them and they still go by Katie. Katie is fine for adults or kids. Made up names with ie, or y or whatever added... Are the ones that will be ridiculous on a resume.
    Katie is better than most but I just don't like it. It's probably because I associate with her and she's one of the most bratty, snotty, uppity children I've ever met.

• cici613 said:

Here is my UO: I hate being pregnant. I hated it the first time, I hate it this time too. I have a hard time bonding with the baby before he/she is born. I don't feel the attachment everyone talks about with this thing growing in my belly. I even call it a parasite (technically it kinda is, it sucks out your food and energy and grows inside of you!) It was like that with my first also, I didn't fall in love until he came out and I held him. 

This! Exactly! I feel bad that I don't think i love my baby now. I'm a FTM and suffering from severe vomiting now. All I can think about is how my life should be if I don't have this baby. I even told my DH that this is the first and last baby. I even think that if I know pregnancy would be so hard, I would not have wanted this baby. I couldn't tell other pp my thought. They will think I'm a terrible mom. Thank you for posting this.
    This is so normal, especially if you're sick. With my first I was throwing up so much that I distinctly remember telling H, "This is horrible. It isn't worth it, I'm never doing it again." I had a better second and third tri and felt more connected later after I could feel him moving, but it really isn't real until they're in your arms. Don't feel guilty about your feelings! Hugs.
    Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16
  • I know quite a few adults name Katie. That's not a little girl name and I think at this point it's not just a nickname.
    Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16
  • I know quite a few adults name Katie. That's not a little girl name and I think at this point it's not just a nickname.
    Yeah, it's certainly a fine name. I just notice that if your name is Katie it's usually for Katherine or something. I mean, Katie Couric certainly pulls it off.

• g8trkim said:

I know quite a few adults name Katie. That's not a little girl name and I think at this point it's not just a nickname.

Yeah, it's certainly a fine name. I just notice that if your name is Katie it's usually for Katherine or something. I mean, Katie Couric certainly pulls it off.

The Katie's I know are just plain old Katie. Maybe it was more popular for a name in the late 80's/early 90's
  • VitaLunaVitaLuna member
    edited July 2015
    I think Kate is worse as a first name than Katie. Kate sounds very young to me.

ETA: they both sound like NNs to me

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• g8trkim said:
    I know quite a few adults name Katie. That's not a little girl name and I think at this point it's not just a nickname.
    She's in a business that her name being Katie works for her because it's young. I think this stems from someone asking if he could call me Cathy or something when I was a little girl and my mother saying, "No. I named her Catherine and you will call her Catherine." It wasn't until high school that I actually allowed people to call me anything but Catherine.

• I adore the name Kate. I think it's classy and simple and beautiful. If I didn't have a cousin with the name I think it would be at the top of my girl name list. Maybe that's a UO. :)
    Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16
  • I adore the name Kate. I think it's classy and simple and beautiful. If I didn't have a cousin with the name I think it would be at the top of my girl name list. Maybe that's a UO. :)
    I like Kate. It sounds grown up and professional. 

I would totally use Kate if this baby is a girl but it's our good friend's daughter. :(

• We have a girl name picked out and have had it for several years. DH and I decided we are using my this name regardless of anyone we know who has a baby and uses it. It's special to us and that's what matters. I even decided I would use it if my sister used it first. That probably won't happen because we have completely different name styles but you never know.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Feb 2016 Siggy Challenge, Favorite Thing About Fall
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • wisco29 said:

Katie is a totally normal name. I went to hs with a few of them and they still go by Katie.

Katie is fine for adults or kids.

Made up names with ie, or y or whatever added... Are the ones that will be ridiculous on a resume.

Thank you!! My name is Katherine but I still go by Katie. And I'm pretty cool too :)