February 2016 Moms

Uo's 7/30

unpopular opinions!

There is no guarantee you won't get flamed!

Re: Uo's 7/30

• Loading the player...
  • I hate tourists in my city... but I love being a tourist in other people's lol

There was a woman at the pizza store yesterday who ordered a "cheese pizza" and it had me gritting my teeth. We don't call it "cheese" pizza here! It's just "a slice of plain" or "a slice of regular" and I don't know why it annoyed me so much-- could have had to do with the fact that I was REALLY friggen hungry. 

Anyhow, this is an, admittedly, really stupid unpopular opinion and I do hope she enjoyed her "cheese" pizza - I'm an asshole sometimes 

Feb '16 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing About Fall: Haunted Houses and Scary Movies! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Bfavors  Hahaha! once I start showing, I may refer to it as a tumor! That's hilarious!

September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • I HATE milkshakes...and mashed potatoes. If I ever have to be on a diet of soft foods for any reason, I'll probably starve to death.
  • Bfavors said:

I think I've shared this before, but oh well. I HATE HATE HATE reality shows. Any of them, doesn't matter what: dating shows, marriage shows, talk shows, adventure shows, competition shows, medical shows, anything. Hate them.

I love reality shows, lol.

Shows that make me seriously grit my teeth whenever they come on: Conan, The 700 Club, and Dr. Oz.
    Benjamin born on - 4/5/12
    BFP 12/31/14, EDD 9/08/14 ~ Natural M/C 2/21/14 at 11.5 weeks
    BFP 5/24/15 - EDD 2/4/16

BabyFruit Ticker

• Jellybelly119Jellybelly119 member
    edited July 2015
    bookqueen said:

Bfavors said:

I think I've shared this before, but oh well. I HATE HATE HATE reality shows. Any of them, doesn't matter what: dating shows, marriage shows, talk shows, adventure shows, competition shows, medical shows, anything. Hate them.

Shows that make me seriously grit my teeth whenever they come on: Conan, The 700 Club, and Dr. Oz.
    @bookqueen Agreed. On all counts.

Edit to tag
  • I hate tourists in my city... but I love being a tourist in other people's lol

There was a woman at the pizza store yesterday who ordered a "cheese pizza" and it had me gritting my teeth. We don't call it "cheese" pizza here! It's just "a slice of plain" or "a slice of regular" and I don't know why it annoyed me so much-- could have had to do with the fact that I was REALLY friggen hungry. 

Anyhow, this is an, admittedly, really stupid unpopular opinion and I do hope she enjoyed her "cheese" pizza - I'm an asshole sometimes 

I have never heard it referred to as regular or plain before. 

BTW - I love your SN and it reminds me of Gilmore Girls :-)
  • Jilmce19 said:
    I HATE milkshakes...and mashed potatoes. If I ever have to be on a diet of soft foods for any reason, I'll probably starve to death.
    My husband is with you on hating mashed potatoes (it's a texture thing for him). I absolutely LOVE them and eat them whenever I can :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • g8trkim said:
    bookqueen said:
    I love reality shows, lol. Shows that make me seriously grit my teeth whenever they come on: Conan, The 700 Club, and Dr. Oz.
    Uh, I can't STAND Dr. Oz! How is he still on? I was flicking through the channels and (sort of accidentally) stopped on him the other day and DH was like, "Turn that off. He's a total quack!" DH is in the medical field so he's particularly annoyed by him.
    Wasn't there a big thing about him recently being totally called out for being a quack? Something having to do with him suggesting some bogus diet pills? I can't remember the specifics and am too lazy to look it up right now, but I think that pretty much made him lose all cred. 
  • PaniaOPaniaO member

I think convicted felons should still have the right to vote.

I completely agree with this!
    S & A married 8.12.2013
    Expecting Saulie O 2.12.2016
  • g8trkim said:
    My uo - I HATE the Kardashians! And Jenners! I don't understand the obsession with them. Because they're rich? Pretty? Who GAF??? I just wish they'd go away. I think they are a detriment to our society.
    Ughhh, they are awful! I'm kind of liking Caitlyn Jenner now. Not really her personally but the awareness that she is bringing, which is a really good thing. I think people are getting educated on transgender matters and that saves lives, so I will give Caitlyn a pass. But the girls all bother me, and their voices make my ears bleed.

My biggest complaint with Kim K. is her need to cram into too tight clothes while she's pregnant rather than embrace the bump. Girl I know pregnancy causes swelling and I sympathize, but put those things on pause until after baby.
    looks like she has a pretty painful ingrown toenail on the left side big toe..youch.

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • g8trkim said:
    bookqueen said:
    I love reality shows, lol. Shows that make me seriously grit my teeth whenever they come on: Conan, The 700 Club, and Dr. Oz.
    Uh, I can't STAND Dr. Oz! How is he still on? I was flicking through the channels and (sort of accidentally) stopped on him the other day and DH was like, "Turn that off. He's a total quack!" DH is in the medical field so he's particularly annoyed by him.
    I listen to Elvis Duran in the morning show while I get ready in the morning. They have Dr. Oz on more frequently than any other guest, and whenever he's on, my husband always screams about how he's a horrible human being, spreading his agenda using his status. I think a bunch of respectable doctors with associations with Columbia wrote a letter to Columbia about how they need to get rid of him as the head or something of the dept of surgery? I don't know what came out of that, but I remember reading about it on the news. 

imageimage
  • @g8trkim ow ow ow ow ow that picture just hurts
  • Jilmce19 said:
    I HATE milkshakes...and mashed potatoes. If I ever have to be on a diet of soft foods for any reason, I'll probably starve to death.
    NOOO!  Flame her!!!
    Just kidding. But seriously, now I need some garlic mashed potatoes and a green tea milkshake. 

imageimage
  • Jilmce19 said:

That reminds me, I have to go order a new milkshake machine on Amazon, LOL. I love milk shakes. :)
    Benjamin born on - 4/5/12
    BFP 12/31/14, EDD 9/08/14 ~ Natural M/C 2/21/14 at 11.5 weeks
    BFP 5/24/15 - EDD 2/4/16

BabyFruit Ticker

• bookqueen said:
    That reminds me, I have to go order a new milkshake machine on Amazon, LOL. I love milk shakes. :)
    gas stations around me are getting these awesome milkshake machines. You grab the flavor cup you want and put it in the machine and it sucks it up and whips it to the consistency or something. It's awesome!

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • Jilmce19 said:
    NOOO!  Flame her!!!
    Just kidding. But seriously, now I need some garlic mashed potatoes and a green tea milkshake. 

Send me some mashed potatoes, please! My husband isn't a huge fan so I don't get them very often. 
    BabyFetus Ticker

F16 Sep Siggy Challange - Fav Thing About Fall (even though "fall" won't be here until at least Dec)
    Green Bay animated GIF
  • pbtoast said:
    g8trkim said:
    bookqueen said:
    Wasn't there a big thing about him recently being totally called out for being a quack? Something having to do with him suggesting some bogus diet pills? I can't remember the specifics and am too lazy to look it up right now, but I think that pretty much made him lose all cred. 
    Oh yeah, he was claiming miracle fat burning drugs. There was a whole senate hearing about it where he was grilled and called out. It's actually pretty comical to watch but kind of scary because people trusted what this guy said on his show. He's a joke!

• I love mashed potatoes, milkshakes and reality shows lol
  • I can't stand horror movies - not scary to me just, just dumb. I guess I have no imagination lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jordans_wifejordans_wife member
    edited July 2015
    Milkshakes and mashed potatoes are both lovely. It's not an uo on this board but on the January board someone said they hate pacifiers. I love pacifiers!!! Love! And they reduce the sids risk.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Bfavors said:
    gas stations around me are getting these awesome milkshake machines. You grab the flavor cup you want and put it in the machine and it sucks it up and whips it to the consistency or something. It's awesome!
    We have them too! They are called F'real milkshakes. I had one last summer that was a s'mores flavor and it was actually really good!

• Why the hell should convicted felons have the right to vote? What exactly are they contributing to society that gives them the right to vote?

Who's to say that they won't/don't contribute to society? People can and do change. Why should they not be allowed to vote in your opinion?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Bfavors said:
    We have them too! They are called F'real milkshakes. I had one last summer that was a s'mores flavor and it was actually really good!

Yes! I love that you can pick what consistency you want - thinner, regular, or more thick. I had the root beer float one and loved it

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • pbtoast said:

g8trkim said:

bookqueen said:

Bfavors said:

I can't stand Dr. Phill. He should be added to the list of annoying quackery on tv.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Bfavors said:
    Bfavors said:

Yes! I love that you can pick what consistency you want - thinner, regular, or more thick. I had the root beer float one and loved it

Mmmmm a root beer float right now sounds amazing!

• I guess my UO is I like watching the Kardashians! It's entertaining and I like how the family is close whether it's fake or not. I come from a blended family with lots of sisters and it sort of reminds me of us at times. Yes they are AWs but they are fun to watch too. And I love Caitlyn Jenner!!!

Pregnancy Ticker

Happy Birthday Month to Me!

• I guess when I read that I was thinking of people currently in prison. And there are shades if grey but a person can't really say what felonies are ok to still vote and which aren't. However I guess if you're a convicted felon you've kinda proved you have no regard for the law anyway so why bother to vote? If you've shown you're just gonna break the law anyway and you are unwilling to abide what other voters helped decide was legal- why should you have any say in it?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SarahS06 said:
    g8trkim said:
    bookqueen said:
    I can't stand Dr. Phill. He should be added to the list of annoying quackery on tv.
    Is he even a real Dr? Or better yet, does anyone actually take him seriously at this point?

imageimage