March 2016 Moms
Options

*** The Official Random Thread of All Random Threads for March 2016 ***

Re: *** The Official Random Thread of All Random Threads for March 2016 ***

• Options

@thecubiclee congratulations!!! I hope all is well with both of you.

Has anyone else been feeling hopelessly thirsty? I have been chugging water for the last few days and still feel like I haven't had a drop. I seriously drink Itana waterevery day and I always have but now it's like I can't get enough.

Yes! I swear no matter my fluid intake I still feel dehydrated.

March 2016 Moms: January Siggy Challenge "Pregnancy Problems"
  • Options
    Yep. Constantly thirsty. It's killing me because I basically have to pee again after washing my hands from the last pee. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @thecubiclee congratulations!!!! What a beautiful baby! :love:

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @thecubiclee - Congrats on your baby boy! I hope mom and baby are doing well!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @thecubiclee congratulations!!! I hope all is well with both of you. Has anyone else been feeling hopelessly thirsty? I have been chugging water for the last few days and still feel like I haven't had a drop. I seriously drink Itana waterevery day and I always have but now it's like I can't get enough.
    Yes! I am always thirsty and nothing seems to ever help. I seriously woke up seven times to pee last night. :( 

On a happier note I scheduled my c-section at my appointment this morning for March 29th at 7:30 which means we have to be there at 5:30 am. So weird to have an actual date and time (unless he decides to make his appearance before). That and the fact that I only have four more two weeks doctors appointments between now and then makes it seem so real!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm only thirsty when I'm eating. I drink a ton of water with each meal, but not much the rest of the day
  • Options
    I'm thirsty too but I'm a bit afraid to keep chugging water. Last time I spent a week in the hospital after giving birth cause I gained so much water weight. All the water decided to leave my body at once and it sent my blood pressure to scary high levels. I literally had to trick the hospital into letting me go home.
  • Options
    @diablesse While it may sound counterintuitive, drinking lots of water helps with excess water retention.  There are also some that recommend the Brewer's diet which uses certain foods to help your body flush the liquid it's retaining.  I gained 40lbs in water weight and lost it the week after I delivered.  It was insanity how badly I had retained water. 
  • Options
    So y'all know those adult coloring books? Well DH has come up with the idea to make one for our university and also a dachshund one. I feel bad because every design he shows me totally sucks and I think it's a dumb/bad idea but he's soooo set on it. I'm trying to be supportive but....yeah.
  • Options
    @SarahFoley725 I love adult coloring books I ordered one from etsy that's all swear words. It's great! Lol

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Options

@SarahFoley725 I love adult coloring books I ordered one from etsy that's all swear words. It's great! Lol

I have some too. He got the idea from one we ordered on Amazon that someone had literally printed and stapled together. His theory is if they can see shit like that why can't he? Not a great thing to base your idea off of IMO
  • Options
    smushi said:

@diablesse While it may sound counterintuitive, drinking lots of water helps with excess water retention.  There are also some that recommend the Brewer's diet which uses certain foods to help your body flush the liquid it's retaining.  I gained 40lbs in water weight and lost it the week after I delivered.  It was insanity how badly I had retained water. 

Hmmm...good to know! I guess I'll chug away. I started at under 110lbs and gained 70lbs. Like you, I lost about 40lbs in the first week.
  • Options
    @thecubiclee; congrats with your beautiful baby!!

@red3ye; same here, got nervous seeing your name overthere, glad to hear they're still hanging in there!
  • Options
    @thecubiclee congratulation with your lovely baby boy!!
  • Options
    ahhhh!! UPS is causing me to have an anxiety attack! My new crib arrived to ups sorting facility at 1am. It's 25mins away and for someone reason isn't out for delivery today with an estimated delivery date of FRIDAY! Why? Why on Friday when it's 25mins away? :(

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Options

Well, its almost time for my shot.  I swear at this point those are the only thing keeping my baby inside :neutral: My pelvis is killing me!  There is some pressure going on down there- again yesterday while putting the crib together I was on the floor I couldn't get up- I got the "baby is gonna fall out" feeling again so I stopped, sat back down for a second, then slowly got up (not to mention all while dealing with my mother yelling to bring out the forklift because I couldn't get off the floor.)  Ugh.  Sometimes it hurts so bad I can barely walk!

February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    ahhhh!! UPS is causing me to have an anxiety attack! My new crib arrived to ups sorting facility at 1am. It's 25mins away and for someone reason isn't out for delivery today with an estimated delivery date of FRIDAY! Why? Why on Friday when it's 25mins away? :(
    UPS sucks. I have been ordering stuff like crazy because we don't have any good stores closer than 40 mins away (only HEB and walmart). I don't understand why they don't deliver things early instead of letting them sit at a the facility for 3 days? This has happened several times but I ordered something that says it was delivered to the HUB facility (last stop before it comes to the Austin facility to be put on the truck) on 1/17/16 but won't be delivered until 1/21/16. I don't understand why it just sits there..so annoying. I hope you get your crib tomorrow! I would be anxious too!

@charley15- I'm sorry I hope that baby decides to stay put for a few more weeks and that you get some relief. The forklift comment was uncalled for. I have trouble getting off the floor too. :(

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @SarahFoley725 microwave them
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Options
    @SarahFoley725- So jelly!! :) 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @SarahFoley725- So jelly!! :) 
    ....as in donut?  Suck!
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Options
    smount2011smount2011 member
    edited January 2016

@SarahFoley725 boo!!!

My husband irritated me tonight. His thinking just amazes me, wondering how STUPID men can possibly get- and when you thing it can't get any worse...it does. One thing we did for dd that I wanted to do for this baby was save a big chunk of the baby shower cake, preserve it for baby's first birthday (like the wedding cake for the first anniversary), then let baby use that for his smash cake. My cake was round with a fondant elephant in the middle. We took the elephant off and ate the cake- but the elephant was saved for me to add onto baby's smash cake. Well I didn't give hubby direct instructions to NOT EAT IT as he is supposed to be on a clear liquid diet for his gallbladder...well guess what. I got home tonight- I still have 3 huge chunks of shower cake, but the elephant is gone. I confront DH- the thought a FONDANT elephant was a COOKIE and ate the entire thing! But he didn't dare touch the cake because of his gallbladder attack. I pity the fool who's illogical!

• Options
    My husband usually closes food containers, but he will leave all the cabinet doors open...
  • Options
    Omg @charley15 omg just no. Id be so pissed.

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Options

My husband usually closes food containers, but he will leave all the cabinet doors open...

Mine does the same damn thing, and so has every doctor I've ever worked for, like I think it's legit part of male brain chemistry or something, the inability to consistently close cabinets.

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Options
    Omg @charley15 omg just no. Id be so pissed.

I was lol!  I called him a hog and bitched big time!

• Options
    @soxfan9968 Same here.  DH always closes the toilet lid (he grew up with dogs that drank from the toilet if not closed), and it never fails, I can never hold it long enough in the middle of the night to quietly set the toilet lid up.  Either I bang the lid or I pee on the floor. 
  • Options
    Just the opposite here, I hate when things get left open. DH leaves the toilet lid (but not seat :) ) up, leaves shower curtains open after his shower, and sometimes won't get the door to our trash can shut all the way causing our whole apartment to stink. I grew up having to close doors and everything because of pets so that's what I like. And I just think the bathroom looks nicer when the shower curtain is closed rather than wide open.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    Has anyone's belly button popped out yet? I feel like mine is on the verge and I'm weirdly excited about it.
  • Options
    Nope, and I don't feel like mine is going to pop, it's still very much an innie...lol.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    Mine is on it's way out too! ;)
  • Options
    Yep, @SarahFoley725! Mine popped about 2 weeks ago. Last night I was picking up my son at school and all the kids rushed over to pat my belly and ask me about the baby, one little girl was telling me she felt something. I said "that's my belly button" and she looked so disappointed. LOL!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    My belly button is like flat with my bump right now but I love it! With my last pregnancy it sunk in and gave my bump a weird looking indentation- it was like a big cavernous hole... It was not cute haha!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Mine popped around 25 weeks- last pregnancy it stayed flat.  I don't mind it, but it is sensitive and I hate when you can see it under a shirt!  I've taken to wearing a belly band under my shirts for an extra layer.

• Options
    Not mine- I have that "B" shaped belly versus the "D" one (cuz I'm so tubby to begin with lol).  My belly button has stretched out, but it won't pop.