3rd Trimester

pregnancy pupps

Suffering from pregnancy pupps for 2 weeks plssss advice any home remedies

Re: pregnancy pupps

• I was diagnosed with puppps at 27 weeks and tomorrow i will be 37 weeks. I cried all the time they itched so bad, it turned into a burning, itching pain. I have stretch marks from my inner thighs all the way down to my ankles. I also have them on my back, up into areas I cannot reach. I am sure you know puppps show up mainly where stretch marks are prevalent, so I completely understand you looking for any advice on getting rid of puppps.

Unfortunately, puppps do not go away until the baby arrives. It's okay to cry a little right now. One of the things I have been able to find that help the most were Eczema Cream. I will attach a picture of the one I got that worked best. They prescribed me an over the counter Hydrocortisone Cream, which honestly dried my skin out more and itched more. I would definitely recommend Eczema Cream over what my doctor prescribed. What my doctor prescribed definitely helped, but it only helped for about 20 minuets. The Eczema Cream has much longer relief, but took a little longer to start working.

Also, you can take a shower and put a washcloth over the areas (or towel into the shower if your case is as bad as mine) and let the towel soak in the water and just let the water run through the towel onto the affected areas. Too much pressure from water made it worse, that's why I tried a towel between the shower head water and my skin, which made a HUGE difference. Rubbing made it worse because of the way it stretched the skin, so I try to avoid that. But try the water through the towel thing, it feels AMAZING!

I also bought a sugar scrub for the shower. It allows me to "scratch" without breaking open my skin, so it also relieves a lot of the itchiness and pain. Probably the thing I looked forward to the most every day is taking a shower so I can use a sugar scrub. I got my sugar scrub at Bath & Body Works. I'll attach a picture so you know what the bottle looks like too. 

You'll definitely find yourself in the shower a lot more. But the water bill is worth every penny, I promise.

Good luck, I hope this helps. 

• emzabqemzabq member
    I used tons of over the counter stuff and also prescription steroids but the main thing that helped me to get some relief was Gold Bond lotion. Also the muscle spray that has menthol and camphor in it. They burn slightly but it makes the it go away for a while
    Pine tar soap also helps. I put it in and let it dry then shower it off in cool water