June 2015 Moms

Gripes and complaints week of 5/18

HoosOnFirstHoosOnFirst member
edited May 2015 in June 2015 Moms
Ok guys, have to vent!

Just received an email from Best Buy saying that because I haven't made a purchase on my account, they are closing my account on 6/29 unless I make a purchase. I've had similar things happen before and typically you just call, point out that you have a long history with the company, good credit, and they let you continue on. (Shout out to Discover card who's always been good about those things!)

Well, not Best Buy. I explained that I'd be happy to make a purchase but would they be willing to extend the end date by 30 or 60 days as I'm due with a child in early June and likely cannot get to the store before 6/29. Which feels like a reasonable f*cking request in my opinion.

But no.

The rep said no. I then asked to talk to a supervisor. Which I did. And she also said no, that the bank could not make any exceptions. But she's the rep. From the bank. I know they can make exceptions. I wasn't even trying to close the card! My whole angle was that I have been a long-term customer and would like to keep the account! But apparently they'd rather give a card to someone who runs balances and accrues interest because CitiBank is the godd*mn devil and only cares about profits - not that I should be surprised. Anyway just a quick rant slash public service announcement. I told them I would just have my husband call later to close his account too then if they couldn't be at all flexible with a pregnant lady.

I did tweet about it. Am curious if they'll respond that way.

Re: Gripes and complaints week of 5/18

• My husband was gone out of town most of last week, got back late Saturday night. Then was helping a friend move all day yesterday and today was supposed to get off early but now will be working late. So now me again with 2 crabby kids just wanting to play with daddy and me feeling like totally crap and in so much pain.... All I can do is sit here and smile because it is for his job... SO FING OVER IT!
  • Loading the player...
  • @hoodoll82 that's pretty much what it is, except the lots are the same size. But every time either of us talks to them (which is NOT often) its always how the previous owners were "SUCH good neighbors" and "they were members of the Master Gardner's association, you know" (like I haven't heard that from you every time you deign to talk to me).
    Its clear we're not deserving of such a lawn with flower beds that had been planted with heirloom irises. Whatever, people. :)>-
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • KaLikeAWindKaLikeAWind member
    edited May 2015
    OK - WHAT was the thread that is now marked 'nevermind'? I'm complaining that I missed out. By like 10 minutes, by the edit time stamp.

ETA @HayesRN13
  • mellymar said:

OK - WHAT was the thread that is now marked 'nevermind'? I'm complaining that I missed out. By like 10 minutes, by the edit time stamp.

ETA @HayesRN13

She was complaining that her husband isn't caring about this pregnancy as much as he did the last one. And won't stop talking about a motorcycle or something. When she just wants him to focus on her and their new upcoming baby. And wanted our opinions or help on the matter.
  • @mellymar.. Basically asking for support because her husband is an asshole, and I responded appropriately given her previous posts on other threads where she said people should be able to post whatever they want (in response to the 'we can't tell you when labor starts thread' and that I need to stop putting people down..
  • Oh man, have you seen the May board?! I am scared for what June holds for us... Maybe it will be like family, and I won't mind if it's like that because it will be Us posting it...?!
  • KaLikeAWindKaLikeAWind member
    edited May 2015

amark11 said:

Oh man, have you seen the May board?! I am scared for what June holds for us... Maybe it will be like family, and I won't mind if it's like that because it will be Us posting it...?!

I'm very confused by the May mom who is saying she is having contractions but her uterus isn't...isn't that the definition of a contraction? Isn't a contraction when your uterus contracts?
    Now I'm off to go check out May. Curiosity always gets the best of me. \:D/
    I went off to read May, too. I'm still over there being a voyeur, but i wanted to pop back and say how much I love a whole thread full of ladies telling a woman to go against her Drs specific orders. "My Dr told me not to eat, I don't know why?"
    "No, totally EAT!" #-o

Edited, I missed a word
  • Any pregnant women should not have to deal with a sick hubby or anyone sick at this point in our pregnancy.
  • mjschenk said:

Any pregnant women should not have to deal with a sick hubby or anyone sick at this point in our pregnancy.

DH brought me a nice cold today. And I just got over a HORRIBLE one from him 2 weeks ago. Not sure how he's catching all these...
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • @westypet they are and I feel like I should demand a reduction in our rent for the month for using my magic eraser on communal wall space. They are precious.
  • Vents:
    -Smacked my belly on a doorknob, hard, and have a bruised bump. Baby is kicking away, and it hurts!

-Kitty hasn't popped in 3 days, so I had to take her to the vet this afternoon for laxative and she might need an enema on Wednesday.

-Kitchen sink pipe broke while cooking dinner tonight so hubby is trying to fix that.

-Had to get a glucose test today, which we all know is disgusting, and had to walk a million miles to get to the testing office from the only free parking. Don't they know how hot it is in Florida?!?
  • @westypet they are and I feel like I should demand a reduction in our rent for the month for using my magic eraser on communal wall space. They are precious.

I want to wash our baseboards. Have you found any tips online for cleaning them other than taking out scuff marks with an eraser?
    Considering having carpets cleaned, too. I want my house to sparkle, too!
  • @Cateash77 at least you seem to have some good perspective on your situation. I'm glad dh helped you deal with it. That seems to work best for me. As many times as I tell myself I can't control others behavior...I still get worked up so I understand the desire for Zen battling with anger!
    BabyFruit Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Westypet said:

@westypet they are and I feel like I should demand a reduction in our rent for the month for using my magic eraser on communal wall space. They are precious.

I want to wash our baseboards. Have you found any tips online for cleaning them other than taking out scuff marks with an eraser?
    Considering having carpets cleaned, too. I want my house to sparkle, too!
    I'm lucky my baseboards are painted with a gloss enamel so basically anything just wipes off- for tough stuff I actually use a Brillo pad to scrub!
  • Ok, I am starting to FREAK OUT about our baby room situation. We live in a two bedroom and have my parents and DH's parents coming this summer to stay with us, so we planned on keeping the big bed in there and adding the crib. The baby would sleep in our room anyway for a while, so we didn't really do a "nursery" so much. Then I decided I did want to paint the room as it was looking dingy. Oh my goodness. We pulled the bed away from the wall, and there was a visible water mark and mold on the wall. After my husband and professionals looking into it, pulling up the drywall and carpet, etc., it's not good. We're in a condo, so there's extra crap to deal with, too. No one we've met with so far can do the exterior part of the building. Baby's due a month from today. I don't even know what to do. I feel like sitting on the floor and crying. Even if we just keep the baby in our room, there's still all the extra crap from the spare room that's now in our living room . . . what a mess!

Phew, feels a little better to tell the tale, even though there's no solution yet!
  • Ugh my husband! My sons and I suffer from an autoimmune disease called EoE. Basically it's extreme allergies that causes the throat to inflame and swell...and could potentially close off. If you ever hear about kids that are allergic to all food, this is that disease. My son even though he is a mild case (he's not being tube fed like so many other EoE kids), has lots of allergies: dairy, legumes (beans, peanuts, soy), eggs and tree nuts.

Today my son had an endoscopy. His throat is a little agitated from the breathing tube and his allergies, so he has been coughing a lot. DH starts to freak out and says that he doesn't understand why we have to get this done. When I explained that his throat is so inflamed that food is getting stuck and if it continues than it could potentially close up. DH continues on a rant about his diet. It's just frustrating bc I feel like I'm the one doing all the research on this rare disease, I'm the one who is having to deal with his diet, and making sure that he is getting the proper medication.

Also, I had to be at the hospital (an hour away) at 7:30 to get my son prepped, than come home and do all my normal duties, than head back up an hour for DHs work party...he than says that he has had an exhausting day!!!! Really?