March 2015 Moms
Options

Alternatives to treating Mastitis

I recently found out I have Mastitis and I was just wondering if anyone knows of alternatives to treat it, other than antibiotics. They gave me 2 antibiotics and somethjng for the pain but I don't do well on medication at all! The antibiotics are making me really sick to the point that I'm throwing everything up and can't keep anything down. And the stuff for the pain knocks me out and having a baby I can't really be knocked out, I have to take care of him obviously. The infection is not full blown, but it's painful and I'm desperate to find something that isn't as hard on my stomach that will still help heal it.

Re: Alternatives to treating Mastitis

• Options
    I had a blocked milk duct for 2 1/2 days. I understand the pain! Try heat- hot showers, baths, heat packs. And massage massage massage!! Try and massage the lump out towards the nipple. I also read that cold packs can relieve some of the pain too.
  • Options
    My friend had mastitis and she just relaxed on her bed with her baby the whole day, did hot showers, nursed constantly and chugged water. She did use cabbage leaves but think just once. Not sure on that and the next day she was fine. Fever was gone. No more pain. Sorry you're going through that. I've heard it's crazy painful. Hope you get some relief soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ngolimentongolimento member
    edited April 2015
    What was said above, plus try nursing on all fours with the baby below you and their chin pointed towards the lump. You'll feel silly, but it works wonders.
    BabyFetus Ticker