Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Probably a bad day to ask... ppd?

I am sorta getting all the drama about SC... and I hope that won't affect people's responses, but I have been sorta worried about myself... I am not sure if it is just normal/baby blues or if it is worse...My mom finally admitted she's been worried about me one day this week... I have been thinking about going to a psychologist or w/e but then I was not sure if I was being like a hypochondriac-does that apply to this situation...

?

Before this pregnancy I had a missed m/c and I had gotten really attached (I was 12 weeks) and then when I was pregnant with DS I never really got attached... like I think I didn't want to get hurt again...even when I was like 9 months pregnant I just didn't feel attached... and even after I had him... it took me a long time to IDK, like love him I guess... and I was totally convinced that he hated me and I was a bad mother...and when he would cry I would cry...but I was embarrassed & ashamed and I wouldn't tell DH, he has been totally in love with DS since I was pregnant... ?

And I kinda thought I was better...DS has started smiling at me and liking me... but now I just feel like that again... the other night DS was crying and I could not get him to be quiet and DH took him and he got quiet for him really quickly...and ever since then when he cries I just get so upset. Sometimes I just want to leave him with DH and just leave for a few days...Like I would never do anything to hurt him or anything...?

And also I have always been so spoiled by DH and now it seems like he never pays attention to me at all... and the other night I cried for like an hour about that... I feel like DH just ignores me... I mean I guess some people would be happy with the amount of attention he is giving me but it is just so different...I feel like a brat for saying that... but I just feel like he is not even attracted to me anymore...

And to make everything worse my parents are in a NASTY divorce and I keep worrying that me & DH will end up like that...

but my MIL is keeping DS for us friday night and we are going out so maybe I will feel better... but I just don't know what to do...?

Re: Probably a bad day to ask... ppd?

• Options
    call your doctor he/she can help you decipher what is going on and then help you get help!  Good luck and I hope you feel better real soon!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersJanuary 17, 2009 * 1:44 pm * 9lbs 4.1oz * 22in Bump Unofficial Glossary
  • Options

You and I are in the same boat, it was 2 months before I felt anythign for C after losses before her. With Julia it was instant though the PPD is worse this time.

You need to be seen asap, you sound classic.

Like me, you have so many heavy emotional things on your plate. Go see someone then take DH for a marriage tune-up...with will do wonders for your marriage. It does not mean something is wrong, just needs to be adjusted.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Definitely give you doctor a call, I say anytime someone close to you that knows you really well expresses concern about you then it's a sign that it may be more then just the "post baby adjustment" period.  It took me 3 months until I ran out of excuses for how I was feeling before I talked to my doctor and got help.  I'm doing so much better now and regret not getting treatment earlier and wasting so much time feeling sad, anxious, and irritable instead of enjoying my baby.
  • Options
    I have been feeling similar to you after reading many of the posts from yesterday, wondering if the feelings I have are "normal" baby adjustment or if they cross over the line into ppd.  I did not have the loss experience that you had but I did have trouble conceiving and I just knew that my pg was too good to be true at first.  However, I was VERY excited after that and this is what I have always wanted... to be a mom.  However, this is much harder than I ever thought and I also get upset when I don't know how to calm DS.  I also get upset at DH and miss his attention, even though he has been wonderful.  I am also jealous sometimes that DH gets to go to bed and go to work.  I have told him a couple days that I wish I could go to work and he could stay home on maternity leave.  And even though I thought I would never want to leave DS with anyone else, I feel so free to get out of the house without him and then I feel guilty for feeling that way.  Not to mention the feelings I still have from having to have a c-section and not being able to make bf work for us.  I have just attributed everything so far to being cranky from lack of sleep because I have bad days and good days, but I guess if the bad days continue then I will mention it to my dr., too, just to see what he thinks...  GL!
  • Options

You should call your doctor and talk to someone about your feelings.  You will be surprised how good it can feel just to be able to tell someone how you are truly feeling.  Call your doc.  I hope you feel better really soon! 

Just know that you are not alone.  There are many of us who know how you are feeling and are here for support. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"