June 2015 Moms
Options

Nightmares

I'm at a horrible stage in my pregnancy where I'm experiencing Nightmares almost every night.

Back story: My first pregnancy was a breeze. But during labor my daughter's heart rate dropped so off to have an Emergency C Section we went. Longbstory short, I FELT THE ENTIRE THING. Not just pressure and pulling, EVERYTHING. I felt the blade touch me and then cut across my tummy. Worst experience of my life. For so long I was so scared to have another child because of the possibility of having another Csection.

Low and Behold, we are 5 weeks from our scheduled csection with baby #2. I've been pretty calm this entire time. Up until about a week ago. The nightmares are horrible. I wake up sweating and crying and almost peeing the bed. I feel ridiculous but all I can imagine is going thru another horrible csection.

Luckily I'm not going to the same hospital. Everyone I know who has been to this hospital says nothing but positive things. Yet that doesnt calm me.

I try not to think about it v during the day hoping that maybe it will help the nightmares cease but no luck. I'm freaking out.

Re: Nightmares

• Options
    Have you talked with your doc about why this happened to you? (Not enough time for anesthetic to set in, not responsive to the type of anesthesia used, etc) Identifying what the cause was could help you develop a plan for this go around. FTM here, but having understanding and options would put me at ease. :)
  • Options
    Yes we've talked. They plan a block this time so that meds wont wear off before tubal is complete. However I'm still freakin out.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh my! I am sorry you are going thru this. I had an emergency csection as well with first but not the bad experience like you. Still I am scared out of my mind for the scheduled csection..so you are not alone. Your doc seems to have a good plan and I know it's hard but try not to worry. I hope all goes well for ya!
  • Options
    Glad they have a plan for you. Best of luck!!!
  • Options
    Aw, lady, no wonder you have nightmares! That's a nightmarish scenario you went through. I am reading a Hypnobirthing book right now, and even though it's focused on labor, it is all about relaxation techniques to take fear out of the equation as you prepare for birth. I'd highly recommend some type of relaxation regime like it, with breathing exercises and positive visualization.

Keep talking to your doctor until you feel confident in your plan. Then find a way, through self-guided relaxation, with your partner, doctor, or maybe even a session or two with a counselor. Let yourself acknowledge and feel the emotions, and then focus on moving past them.

Good luck. I think you're really brave for getting this far again, and I have no doubts you can get yourself ready for this.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. I also think you're extremely brave and know that you can get through it. Hang in there!

@amark11 I just started the same book, I think.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I'm definitely trying to move past it but it's a struggle. My doctor is assuring that he'll take care of me but all I can think about are those what ifs. I gotta relax tho or I'm not gonna make it 5 wks without a mental break down.