Pregnant after 35
Options

39 and pregnant?

Re: 39 and pregnant?

• Options
    Mandy_HMandy_H member
    I will be 41 next month and I'm 6 weeks. Got pregnant naturally within 2 months.
  • Options
    39, 6wks preg. Natural. We did use ovulation test and got on a sex schedule when I was ovulating lol. I miscarried last Nov. This is my second pregnancy with my hub so fingers crossed this one last. Like we keep saying to each other. Positive thoughts!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    dc072175dc072175 member
    edited May 2015
    I'm 39, will be 40 in July. I'm 7 weeks pregnant after giving up! We had been trying for 2.5 years, We had everything checked out April 2013, and everything was working fine. I did 3 rounds of Letrozol in the summer of 2013 and still nothing. Wasn't even thinking I was pregnant when I was late. I figured my step-daughter's cycle was wreaking havoc with mine. A co-worker casually mentioned maybe you're preggers and my reply was yea right! Took a test that night and it showed up right away, I figure I was 4 weeks and some change, but don't know for sure, because I wasn't keep track of anything since last summer! I took 2 more tests after that, because I couldn't believe it. I'm over the moon and spend the bulk of days at work willing positive thoughts to fill my over active brain!
  • Options
    JSymsJSyms member
    I'm 40. I am 6w pregnant and it was natural. My DH and I had been trying for over three years with two miscarriages at 51/2 and 5 weeks. My dr said my husbands sperm was all abnormal, that not one was a good swimmer. I immediately put him on macca but also gave up trying. I sold my crib etc, and quit prenatal a and just went on with life... The next month, I got pregnant. Total surprise (a wonderful surprise!) and our fingers are crossed that this is a healthy one that stays with us!
  • Options
    JSymsJSyms member
    I too stopped keeping track! So I actually might be 7 weeks, I can't remember the real date of my last me steal cycle! Lol
  • Options
    darbyo2darbyo2 member
    I got pregnant at 39, but mine was not totally intervention free. I had surgery in Sept. to remove a massive uterine polyp and endometriosis, some of which was blocking a tube. Two months later, we were pregnant without any medication or further treatments!
  • Options
    I'm 39 and 7 Wks pregnant naturally...
  • Options
    Momona1Momona1 member
    edited June 2015
    Hi!

Another 42 year old here, pregnant with #1 at 5w1d. I will be 43 when the baby arrives on January 27th, 2016. It happened naturally for us after 5 cycles. Not surprisingly, as many here have already said, it was the month we stopped ''trying'' that it happened. 

Good luck!

• Options
    I am 39. I was 38 when I got pregnant. I'm 18 weeks with not issues so far. We got pregnant two weeks after I got my IUD removed. I also did a lot of things to up my odds. I tracked my daily basil temps, made tea with red clover and red raspberry leaf then added 30 drops vitex extract. I used ovulation strips and took mucinex on my fertile days to increase cervical mucus. We also used preseed lube on a couple fertile days. My husband ate foods high in zinc (pumpkin seeds, oysters, almonds) and he took a multivitamin and emergency-C. Or it might have been the fact that we had sex every day after my period;-)
  • Options
    39...turning 40 next week. (Woah!) Conceived naturally. 10 weeks till baby arrives :) My Dr. seems to think 44 is the new cut-off point if we have more children....which sounds crazy to me!
  • Options
    38 with my first, and boy is she a handful, so we didn't try again for a long time.  Then when we did start trying, it took about a year, but I think I didn't do my OPKs quite like I should and we missed two months due to traveling separately at the wrong time of the month, but I'm now nearly 41 and 12 weeks pregnant and hopeful that all will go well again.
  • Options
    38 and 32 weeks pregnant now. Conceived naturally about 6 weeks after stopping birth control pills. My husband is 50 and first baby for both of us. Only complication so far is that I developed a fibroid during pregnancy but has not had any impact so far. Nice to hear all these success stories. Most of my older mom friends had to use some sort of fertility assistance. Good luck to all of you.
  • Options
    39..and 28 weeks with baby #4 :)
  • Options
    YoganinjaYoganinja member
    edited June 2015
    I had three miscarriages in a row when I was 34-35. One in September 2009. One in March 2010. One in September 2010. Then I got pregnant in December 2010 with my DD! All natural. No drugs or intervention. I did worry after the three miscarRiages that something was wrong by knew that invasive drugs or procedures were not for us. I read the book "cominG to term" by John Cohen. It was very calming and reassuring about how his wife had three miscarriages and then went on to have a healthy baby. I had a healthy uncomplicated pregnancy with a wonderful vagibal birth and my daughter is perfect and beautiful and healthy. I just weaned her from bf at 3.5 years old lol because I'm 19 weeks pregnant now at 40 years old!

We try for number two in Jnauary 2014 And miscarried. All of my miscarriages were blighted ovum at around 6-9 weeks. Passed large clots and tissue. Ew. Not fun. Then we had another miscarriage in Decembr 2014. That one was the worst. I was 12 weeks along. We had already heard and seen the heart beat at 7 and 8 weeks. Then at 12 weeks I cramped and started bleeding and actually went into two hours of labor and delivered the gestational sac. That was rough. But then it was over physically. It was exactly like labor for my daughter. That painful. Ouch. But 2 hours instead of 36. And they said the baby died a 9.5 weeks. That was emotionally taxing on us.

The in February 2015 we were pregnant again surprise! This time we just wanted to wait until 12 weeks before makin an appointment to see if I made it that far. And I did!! Doing great. Lots of baby kicks and find out anatomy scan on Tuesday. Very happy and blessed. It's been a long road.
    But each. Of the miscarriages really made us realize how happy we were and lucky we were to finally have a baby. It really helps to keep my perspective on days were I feel tired or impatient.

My protocol is this. Read coming to term. Take 100mg of B6. 800mcg folic acid. 1 prenatal vitamin with folic acid in it too. And I added a baby aspirin this go round though I doubt it does anything because I didn't use tha with my daughter.

Sometimes you just need to get a good sperm and a good egg. Especially at our age. I know three thee friends who all miscarried three times before being able to have a baby. Maybe the body just needs to warm up. If you are getting pregnant on your own already. Chances are you will conceive naturally in time.

A lot of times the mc happens because of cell division in the uterus. Ivf is expensive and can't fix that. Sometimes those moms still miscarry I say give it another go on your own if you are up for it.

Good luck!
    Baby dust!!
  • Options
    iamjustjiamjustj member
    edited June 2015
    38. I will be 39 when I deliver. This is my 4th. I have to say the symptoms are coming fast and furious this time. Natural conception and a huge surprise.
  • Options
    39 and pregnant. Will be 40 at delivery. This is our 8th baby.
  • Options
    I'm 41 and 9 weeks pregnant. This is my third and all were conceived naturally and a surprise
  • Options
    I'm a new member on TB. I'm 40 and 32 weeks pregnant with our first and we conceived naturally!!
  • Options
    I'm a couple years older than you OP. We conceived naturally after almost a year of trying, tracking BBT and using OPKs. I had one chemical pregnancy after 5 months of trying. I've had a really good pregnancy so far, no problems, no weight gain, no swelling, no pain, and all tests showed baby is healthy. My due date is yesterday. :)
  • Options
    I was 37 when I had DD. She is our first and we tried for 3 yrs. Now I am 38 and pregnant with our 2nd though we were trying to not get pregnant. Yeah that was a shock :D
  • Options
    39yo and 14.3 weeks pregnant. This will be my 3rd baby but eighth pregnancy. I won't be 40 til next year and we're thinking of trying right away for the last baby so they grow up together.
  • Options
    39 at 14 Wks will be 39 when we deliver our first baby in January 2016.. Conceived naturally after weight loss surgery..Hope to have 2 more after this one
  • Options
    becaboo95 said:
    39, 6wks preg. Natural. We did use ovulation test and got on a sex schedule when I was ovulating lol. I miscarried last Nov. This is my second pregnancy with my hub so fingers crossed this one last. Like we keep saying to each other. Positive thoughts!
    Update:

We lost the baby at 11 1/2 wks. Went to the doctors last Friday to get the genetics test results. It was a boy and he had downs. I'm not quite sure what to do now. Sigh...I really wish all you ladies the best. take care and here's to healthy happy babies. Good Luck
  • Options
    39 and prenant here! 15 weeks
  • Options
    Hi everybody! I'm 42, and 14 weeks pregnant. First time ever being pregnant. It took us about 10 months to get pregnant naturally, but the last two months I did fertility charting and tracking and that seemed to do the trick.
    Everything has been great so far, zero complications due to age but am high risk due to past DVT blood clots.
  • Options
    SzisiaSzisia member
    Hi ladies! I'm 39 and 12 weeks pregnant with my first! I'll be 40 when the baby arrives. Had a NT scan yesterday and all was fine. Excited but analysing every symptom! I needed help to get pg and had 3 ivfs, then 3 frozen cycles and another fresh ivf which worked!!
  • Options
    Count me in!  I'm 39 and pregnant (7 weeks) with my second.  Hoping (assuming everything goes well) to sneak this one in right before my 40th.  This pregnancy came surprisingly easy.  We have history.

• Options
    Hi! I'll be 40 by the time I give birth. Third pregnancy in 2 years for me - the two others ended in early MC so fingers & toes are firmly crossed for this one! Had early U/S at 7w3d and all looked good. Had small bleed next to gestational sack so have been avoiding heavy lifting. Now gong through what should be the worst of the nausea & CONSTANT hunger at 9w4d :) I'm happy for every symptom! Can't wait till my next U/S....
  • Options
    I just turned 38, 10wks with second pregnancy. My son will be 19 when this one is born. I used an app that tracked my period and told me when my most fertile days should be and after 4 months, here I am.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    becaboo95 said:

becaboo95 said:

Update:

We lost the baby at 11 1/2 wks. Went to the doctors last Friday to get the genetics test results. It was a boy and he had downs. I'm not quite sure what to do now. Sigh...I really wish all you ladies the best. take care and here's to healthy happy babies. Good Luck

Sorry to hear that. Wishing you the best. Will you try again?

• Options
    I am 45, will be 46 when she's born in October. I have two boys, ages 15 and 12. I was on birth control pills but missed some because of a very horrible two week migraine. And voila! My husband has a 24 year old, 20 year old and an 18 year old. Very unexpected, but very excited. My first girl and our first together. So far everything looks good and I am at 27 weeks today. Amniocentesis was normal.
  • Options
    I did at 40.
  • Options
    Yep, I'm 39! No meds. And the weird thing is there was only one opportunity to get pregnant since I was traveling. One. Lol
  • Options
    39 and 18 weeks pregnant with my 4th. We weren't trying but we weren't preventing either. We were actually done with our family. Just thinking it wouldn't happen to us. Dh and I have 2 boys and a girl. This baby is a girl. So we're even.
  • Options
    I'm a FTM and found out on my 40th birthday! All natural. 37 weeks today!!
  • Options
    I'm 39 in October and newly preggo the old fashioned way! I've had at least two friends who also conceived naturally around this age. Also, my mom was a "surprise" when my grandmother was 37!
  • Options
    I am 40 and currently 5+4. I will be 41 when I deliver. This is baby #4 for me, conceived naturally and a complete surprise. My other kids will be almost 22, 17, and 11 when this one arrives. I also have 2 grandchildren! They are 2 and 1 month! Crazy! My guy has 3 children as well, 23, 18 and 15!
  • Options
    44, no help. I just tracked my ovulation times a bit for about 3 months. :-) Good luck to you! 
  • Options
    I'm 39 and I had few surgeries to remove fibroids and endometriosis.
    Just found out a week ago that I was pregnant, this is our first and we are happy about it. Conceived naturally. We were supposed to be scheduled for IVF this July, but Mother Nature made wonder. We have been trying 8 years. Happy to share and marvel this new beggining with all you beautiful mums and mum2be.