Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Cycle Buddies! December/January babies!

Re: Cycle Buddies! December/January babies!

• Options
    SpalexSpalex member
    edited April 2015

Thanks for the kind thoughts ladies! Rotten luck for sure, but I have to keep it in perspective. People get much worse news from doctors everyday. As I was leaving the hospital looking all forlorn with the blood draw bandage still on, a man driving past honked at me and said he'd pray for me. I probably looked like I found out I had cancer or something. This made me feel a bit silly. It's gonna be fine. My future kid probably just didn't want a December bday. I can respect that. :)

I'm sorry, that's a real bummer. I had to wait to ttc bc of acl surgery last year. The time will go by faster than you think, promise.

Me: 31 DH: 30
    Married since 8/2013
    TTC #1 since 3/2015
  • Options
    CD 14. Anxiously awaiting for my temps to rise.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm cd 13 here, still getting negative OPKs, but I've got EWCM so it's coming!

Decided I should forget my shark week comment because it's Easter weekend. So instead we are going to make like bunnies! LOL!

Dorky I know!
  • Options
    Hi ladies! Hope you don't mind if j join. Cycle 2 TTC and im currently on CD13. I got my first positive clear blue advances OPK yesterday evening and a positive wondfo both last night this morning. I don't temp yet so I can't confirm O but we BD every day Wednesday-today which should cover my fertile days! It's DH birthday weekend so im sure we will sneak in a few more BD before the weekend is up! Happy to not have to POAS again until the end of my 2ww!
  • Options
    @didi0308 sounds like you're covering your bases!  Pun intended.  ;)  I'd definitely continue to BD this weekend, since O can happen several days after your surge.  Do you think you will temp in your next cycle?  
    Me: 30 DH: 35 
    TTC #1 - Jan 2015
    BFP on 5/13/15
    DD born 1/24/16
    TTC #2 - Jun 2017
    BFP on 8/24/17
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Finally in the TWW!!! I have really long cycles so it's nice to finally know I ovulated and timed BD O-3, O-2 and day of O! Hope it was the right timing! Good luck to everyone!
  • Options
    @kmcconnell22 hi! Yes if I do not get a positive this cycle I will be temping next for sure!
  • Options
    Positive opk today!

Happy Easter everyone!
  • Options
    How is everyone doing today? How is the 2WW for those of you in the middle of it? For everyone else, how is O coming along?

Today is DPO 5 for me.

I'm having a bit of a "freak out" over when I'm going to test. I just found out that I have to go on a business trip from Monday through Thursday next week in Dallas. That is DPO12 through DPO15.

I wanted to start testing around DPO10 since this is our first month TTC and I'm wondering how early a BFP (should I get one) would show up (just my curiosity) but I also know that if I were to find out on Sat or Sun and then leave on Monday I'd probably be an anxious wreck. As much as I'm excited to have a baby, it still makes me really nervous and the idea of sitting in a hotel room for four days with this new reality of "wow, we're having a kid" would be tough!

At the same time, I'm not sure I can wait until DPO16 to test! Still trying to figure out what I'm going to do.
  • Options

How is everyone doing today? How is the 2WW for those of you in the middle of it? For everyone else, how is O coming along?

Today is DPO 5 for me.

I'm having a bit of a "freak out" over when I'm going to test. I just found out that I have to go on a business trip from Monday through Thursday next week in Dallas. That is DPO12 through DPO15.

I wanted to start testing around DPO10 since this is our first month TTC and I'm wondering how early a BFP (should I get one) would show up (just my curiosity) but I also know that if I were to find out on Sat or Sun and then leave on Monday I'd probably be an anxious wreck. As much as I'm excited to have a baby, it still makes me really nervous and the idea of sitting in a hotel room for four days with this new reality of "wow, we're having a kid" would be tough!

At the same time, I'm not sure I can wait until DPO16 to test! Still trying to figure out what I'm going to do.
    7DPO here. My temps have been pretty close to each other post-o and have been flirting with the coverline, just barely above. I've told myself I'll test at 10DPO if my temps rise a bit. If they don't I'll try to wait. Trying not to worry about them.

And I sympathize with your timing! I'd like to be with my DH when I find out either way but that will be a long time to wait. I too will be traveling for work soon for two weeks. But for me it will either be during next cycle's fertile window (I think) or early in the pregnancy if I'm so lucky. I've had a couple losses so I'd be worried about mc while traveling.

Hope everyone's doing well, excited to hear your progress!
  • Options
    ecmbecmb member

I am still waiting to O- seems like it's taking forever but I'm only on CD16.

@kyleneum13, that's a tough one.  Not sure what I would do.  I could see myself waiting and I could see myself dying to know!  Regardless of what you choose, I hope you get good news!

Me: 32  Hubby: 31

Married 12/29/12

Started TTC July 2014

Miscarriage August 2014

Emmett born February 2016

Expecting Baby #2 in August 2017

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/544e80

• Options
    7DPO and my hand is itching to open a HPT, so I can totally empathize with not wanting to wait until 16DPO @kyleneum13.  But at the same time I get not wanting to be anxious for your whole trip if you were to get a BFP (fx!).  Since it's your first month TTC, it might not be the worst thing to hold out until after your business trip, if you can stand the wait.  You don't know how long your luteal phase is yet, so you could be saving yourself from the disappointment of a BFN from testing too early.  Just some thoughts.  

Found out today that another friend from college is pregnant.  I've seriously gotten at least one pregnancy announcement a week for about the last 6 weeks.  Not even exaggerating.  Obviously that does nothing to help any anxiety I'm having during my TWW.  Pity party table for one? :(
    TTC #1 - Jan 2015
    BFP on 5/13/15
    DD born 1/24/16
    TTC #2 - Jun 2017
    BFP on 8/24/17
    Anniversary 

• Options
    I'm a bit stumped. First cycle temping, and as I said previously, got a negative blood test at 10DPO. Af is due today, and nowhere in sight, and my temp didn't drop. I stupidly googled whether or not blood tests can be wrong or given too early, and of course there are loads of women who've gotten BFPs after a negative blood test. Hope is a real asshole. Anyway, I'm just going to trust the doctors and wait for AF. Still a little curious about my chart, though. Good luck to the rest of you!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options

7DPO and my hand is itching to open a HPT, so I can totally empathize with not wanting to wait until 16DPO @kyleneum13.  But at the same time I get not wanting to be anxious for your whole trip if you were to get a BFP (fx!).  Since it's your first month TTC, it might not be the worst thing to hold out until after your business trip, if you can stand the wait.  You don't know how long your luteal phase is yet, so you could be saving yourself from the disappointment of a BFN from testing too early.  Just some thoughts.  

Found out today that another friend from college is pregnant.  I've seriously gotten at least one pregnancy announcement a week for about the last 6 weeks.  Not even exaggerating.  Obviously that does nothing to help any anxiety I'm having during my TWW.  Pity party table for one? :(
    Make that a party for two! Hugs! Good luck!
  • Options
    cards10 said:

Today is DPO 5 for me.

7DPO here. My temps have been pretty close to each other post-o and have been flirting with the coverline, just barely above. I've told myself I'll test at 10DPO if my temps rise a bit. If they don't I'll try to wait. Trying not to worry about them.

And I sympathize with your timing! I'd like to be with my DH when I find out either way but that will be a long time to wait. I too will be traveling for work soon for two weeks. But for me it will either be during next cycle's fertile window (I think) or early in the pregnancy if I'm so lucky. I've had a couple losses so I'd be worried about mc while traveling.

Hope everyone's doing well, excited to hear your progress!
    I'll keep my FX for you that your temps go up a bit so you can test sooner! And I totally hear you on the actual travel being a stress in itself. I also think, should I be so lucky to get a BFP, that the idea of traveling immediately would freak me out!

@ecmb, I'll keep my FX for your O soon. Have you had any increase in temp the next few days? Just waiting for three in a row? Or are you still waiting for any increase? And thanks, I'm sure as the date gets closer I'll be able to make a decision but right now I'm just trying not to think about it much.
  • Options

All great points. I'm leaning toward waiting but as the date gets closer I may change my mind on that :) And you're absolutely right that I have no idea how long my luteal phase is so I very well wouldn't even turn a test until closer to the end of my trip anyway. And definitely keep yourself busy! Do you have a busy week ahead of you or will there be a lot of waiting around trying to keep your hands off the tests? 

And so lame about all of the pregnancy announcements. I didn't care about them at all until we started TTC this month. It's our first month so I have nothing to get bent out of shape about but it still annoys me seeing them. Hugs to you :/
  • Options

I'm a bit stumped. First cycle temping, and as I said previously, got a negative blood test at 10DPO. Af is due today, and nowhere in sight, and my temp didn't drop. I stupidly googled whether or not blood tests can be wrong or given too early, and of course there are loads of women who've gotten BFPs after a negative blood test. Hope is a real asshole. Anyway, I'm just going to trust the doctors and wait for AF. Still a little curious about my chart, though. Good luck to the rest of you!

What DPO are you at today? If this is your first cycle temping are you sure AF is due today? Do you know the length of your luteal phase? I have no idea about the blood tests and whether a pos can come up later on a HPT but I'll keep my FX for you! 
  • Options

Today is DPO 5 for me.

Oh man, I'd be anxious either way! I guess you can sit in the hotel room wondering or sit in the hotel room knowing... So sorry for those choices!
    Me: 28, DH: 28
    Diagnosed with PCOS: Summer 2007
    Married: July 2013
    Began TTC: June 2015

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/58d258

• Options
    ecmbecmb member
    edited April 2015

@kyleneum13 I had a temp spike Saturday morning but I think it was a fluke and FF has since changed that to an open circle on my chart.  I did have a small rise in my temp this morning so I am eager to see what the next two days bring.

I've also been testing with opks every morning and have been getting all negatives.  I decided I will start testing multiple times a day starting today.  That being said- the opks I'm using are expired so I may never get a pos with these.  Heading over to amazon to order some non-expired ones now...

Me: 32  Hubby: 31

Married 12/29/12

Started TTC July 2014

Miscarriage August 2014

Emmett born February 2016

Expecting Baby #2 in August 2017

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/544e80

• Options

Today is DPO 5 for me.

Oh man, I'd be anxious either way! I guess you can sit in the hotel room wondering or sit in the hotel room knowing... So sorry for those choices!
    You actually put that into great perspective! Sitting and wondering will be super annoying ... and sitting there knowing may also cause anxiety ... so it's just a matter of deciding which is easier to deal with!
  • Options
    @ecmb, I'll keep my fingers crossed that you continue to see an increase!
  • Options

What DPO are you at today? If this is your first cycle temping are you sure AF is due today? Do you know the length of your luteal phase? I have no idea about the blood tests and whether a pos can come up later on a HPT but I'll keep my FX for you! 
    13DPO. I've consistently had 29 day cycles for the last several cycles. I know that can change at any time, but that's when FF predicted it. I confirmed O on CD17, giving me a 12 day LP.
  • Options
    6 DPO for me. I know logically there are no symptoms at this point, but these cramps/stomach pains are killing me. I have a pretty short LP (12 days) so for me I know it's easier just to wait/hold out if I can.
    Me 32 DH 34
    Married 9/2012 

TTC #2 starting 9/2019
    BFP 7/13/2020!
    Due 3/18/2021

TTC #1 since 2/2015
    Diagnosis: Unexplained Infertility 9/2015
    IUIs #1-#5: 9/2015-2/2016 all BFNs
    Moving to IVF with ICSI and PGS 5/2016-6/2016  Just kidding, BFP 4/4/2016!
    Spencer Elliott born 12/7/2016

• Options
    @concreteayngel, gotcha. Well I'll keep sending positive vibes your way and hope for the best!
  • Options
    Thanks @concreteayngel!  Not trying to give false hope or anything, but I would think that it's possible that you could still get a positive result later, since 10DPO is so early.  What DPO are you on?

@kyleneum13 unfortunately we don't have a lot going on this week to keep my mind off things.  I am planning to make a front door wreath, because pinterest.  So hopefully that will help keep me occupied.  If I can wait longer than 10DPO to test I will be very proud of myself, lol. 
    TTC #1 - Jan 2015
    BFP on 5/13/15
    DD born 1/24/16
    TTC #2 - Jun 2017
    BFP on 8/24/17
    Anniversary 

• Options
    Hey everyone! I've been lurking for a bit and this is my first post.

CD 24, 2nd cycle TTC #1. I just started temping yesterday so I have the routine down for next cycle. Got antsy and took a HPT yesterday, BFN. Going to hold off trying again until later in the week. I'm guessing AF could come later this week (based on last cycle), but this is my 2nd cycle off BCP.

Thanks everyone for all the useful info on temping! Even if this cycle doesn't work out, I'm excited to have more of a clue what's going on next cycle.
  • Options
    Still waiting to O. Saw a temp rise yesterday morning but back to my "normal" range this morning. Was so excited too! Hopefully it'll be in a few days! The waiting game is hard!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kmcconnell22, oh pinterest ... a site that can raise your crafty spirits and expectations super high and then bring you crashing back down to reality with just a single project. I hope you are more successful with your pinterest endeavor than I ever am.
  • Options

@kmcconnell22, oh pinterest ... a site that can raise your crafty spirits and expectations super high and then bring you crashing back down to reality with just a single project. I hope you are more successful with your pinterest endeavor than I ever am.

LOL, yeah I've fortunately had pretty good luck so far, but I never try anything that looks super complicated.  Ain't nobody got time for that!  ;)
    TTC #1 - Jan 2015
    BFP on 5/13/15
    DD born 1/24/16
    TTC #2 - Jun 2017
    BFP on 8/24/17
    Anniversary 

• Options
    Hi all. First month TTC, 16 DPO and no AF yet. Negative HPT so the anxiety of waiting for AF to show up is killing me. Never knew just how impatient I truly am! Good luck to all!
  • Options
    been on the board but haven't posted on this thread yet so figure I should!

Im on CD 22. and this is my first month on FF and am planning on temping if AF shows up so I will have a better sense of where my body is at. I am planing to POAS on Wednesday(almost did it today!) so fingers cross! 

Age 24 DH 24 TTC#1!
    NTNP since June '14
    TTC since February '15
    Anniversary

photo mrsespigreen_3_Autocorrect Fail Bumpie-2_zps0y7kauvn.jpg
  • Options
    AliS723 said:

Hi all. First month TTC, 16 DPO and no AF yet. Negative HPT so the anxiety of waiting for AF to show up is killing me. Never knew just how impatient I truly am! Good luck to all!

Are you temping?
    Me: 28, DH: 28
    Diagnosed with PCOS: Summer 2007
    Married: July 2013
    Began TTC: June 2015

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/58d258

• Options

Today is DPO 5 for me.

You actually put that into great perspective! Sitting and wondering will be super annoying ... and sitting there knowing may also cause anxiety ... so it's just a matter of deciding which is easier to deal with!

kyleneum13 - I know you're stuck between a rock and a hard spot.  Personally, I would test before the trip.  For me, the unknown is the hardest part.  At least if you turn a test, then you can spend your down time looking cute baby gear.  Or if it's a BFN (boo), then you can at least enjoy a glass of wine with dinner.  I do not envy you at all.  I'm also waiting to test, but mine is purely based on CM, average length of normal cycle (blah blah blah) b/c I didn't start temping until middle of last week to get into the habit.  Good luck.  How is DH and family doing?  Hope you had a good Easter. :)
    *YCSWU July Siggy" 

LFAF July Siggy
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @firebaby688 Not this cycle as it is my first month TTC so I know I don't know exactly when I ovulated. I am simply going off my "normal" cycle. Just trying to be patient! :)
  • Options
    @heawilliams, all great points! Even as I read everyone's comments/suggestions I go back and forth. Honestly, I don't think I have the patience to wait until after the trip so that will probably decide it for me. The unknown is definitely the hardest part! And my DH and family are hanging in there, thank you for asking. We had Easter with all of them yesterday and while it was difficult, we made sure to stay upbeat and thankful for what we do have which I think is what everyone needed.
  • Options
    Hello!! My DH & I have been TTC for 4 months. I'm 18 DPO and have received 2 BFN. Still waiting on AF.
  • Options

Thanks @concreteayngel!  Not trying to give false hope or anything, but I would think that it's possible that you could still get a positive result later, since 10DPO is so early.  What DPO are you on?

I'm 13DPO today, and BFN this morning with a cheapie. I'm just going to assume I'm out so I don't fall into the trap of hoping. Had a stressful week involving getting the news of needing surgery, so it wouldn't surprise me if that's why AF is late. I'll keep y'all posted though! Thanks! :) 
  • Options
    Looks like a lot of ladies in their TWW! Hoping to see you have BFP soon. According to my OKp test I had my LH surge on Thursday night and friday. I don't temp so I can't confirm O but after plugging these results into FF i ovulated on Saturday. Which would make me 2dpo right now. I would love to tell you that I am going to wait to test until I am around 14-16 dpo but I don't have that much will power. I had an early MC at 8 weeks on November so the anxiety of knowing is absolutely killing me.
  • Options
    jsherfick said:

Hello!! My DH & I have been TTC for 4 months. I'm 18 DPO and have received 2 BFN. Still waiting on AF.

Hi! Are you temping?  18 DPO is really late to not have a BFP or AF.
    TTC #1 - Jan 2015
    BFP on 5/13/15
    DD born 1/24/16
    TTC #2 - Jun 2017
    BFP on 8/24/17
    Anniversary 

• Options
    Hi everyone!! I'm 4DPO! I'm going to try really hard to wait until at least 14-16 DPO to test. With my last pregnancy, I tested at 10dpo and got a BFN but then got my BFP at 14dpo. So I would rather wait as long as possible! But this will be my 3rd child so I'm a little more laid back this time around (just a little lol) @kyleneum13 that's a tough one!! If you wait until getting back from your trip at least you know it would be long enough that you would most likely get a BFP if you were pregnant! I don't know what I would do but good luck!! Hope we all get our BFPs