March 2015 Moms
Options

37 weeks & sex

Yesterday I was 37 weeks and I decided that my husband and I should have sex one more time before the baby & he was all for it. As soon as we started kissing he decided he couldn't have sex with me. He was too nervous about poking the head after our last doctors appointment when the doc said she could feel the head after doing my exam. I am only 50% thinned and 1 cm... Any suggestions on how to get my husband to be intimate?

Re: 37 weeks & sex

• Options
    If he's telling you he doesn't feel right about it right now, maybe you should just respect that and wait. 
  • Options
    If your doctor said it's okay to have sex I would tell him that and suggest a position where you have more control over things like you on top. He might feel better if you assure him that you won't let him get too deep. I dunno, that seemed to work with my husband. He has similar feelings at this point in our pregnancy. If your DH really is too uncomfortable with it, I'd just let it go (after reminding him how long after birth he'll have to wait :smile: )
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It stinks but my hubby was the same way with our first, so freaked out. But the great thing last time was that the 6 weeks at the end of the pregnancy combined with the post baby 6 weeks, we were all over each other like teenagers when we finally could reconnect, it was great! This time he is not as freaked out but of course I am having my own issues. Will he maybe go along with other ways of being intimate without intercourse.
  • Options
    I would suggest finding other ways to be intimate if he does not want to have sex. If he feels like he is hitting the baby's head, even if it is probably not likely, it is not going to be enjoyable for him. There are plenty of other fun ways to be intimate that do not involve penetration. :) 
  • Options
    I second the alternative ways of enjoying each other's company. There is plenty of fun to be had without him having to worry about poking the baby's head
  • Options
    My husband has been weird about sex since I started getting a decent size bump. He's afraid of shaking the baby too much or poking him. To stay intimate, we have sexy showers where we play around with each other, and I offer to take care of him whenever he wants me to. It sucks but I understand his apprehension and that's how we make it work. Maybe your SO will be up for some alternatives!
  • Options
    i'm 37 weeks and my husband and I had sex last night and it sent in me into 4 hours of consistent contractions that eventually stopped but still kept me up all night. I told him I wasn't going to have sex with him again until I'm sure I'm ready to go into labor.
  • Options
    I give you credit. I really want nothing to do with sex lol. But i please my DH in other ways.
  • Options
    I am 37 weeks too and every time my husband and I decide to have sex it sends me into contractions for hours and they are painful. Just a heads up! 
  • Options
    My H and I have been having sex everyday. I told him he is not Ron Jeremy so there is no danger of his pecker hitting the baby, no matter what he might think. She is safe behind my cervix.
  • Options
    I hate all of you. Been on pelvic rest since my 2nd trimester. Waahhhhh!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"