August 2015 Moms
Options

Food

Ok I eat but I don't eat a whole lot. It seems like I get full and I stay full is anyone else like this. I feel like I'm starving the baby, but if I eat more I'll get sick.

Re: Food

• Options
    It is hard to stay full. I know some mom's have better luck with grazing and snacking as opposed to doing 2 or 3 big meals. Make sure you are getting plenty of protein, as that will help keep you fuller longer
  • Options
    Like if I eat when I get up I'm full till 8 or 9 a clock at nite.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    you are not starving the baby.  PP had good advice, go with that.  Snack away.
  • Options
    Ok I'm just nervous
  • Options

Ok I'm just nervous

Don't be nervous. There are definitely days that I am less hungry than others. It is normal, but I do try to have some healthy snacks around like yogurt, cheese, and fruit to eat when I am not super hungry
  • Options
    Your body will tell you what it needs.
  • Options

Like if I eat when I get up I'm full till 8 or 9 a clock at nite.

Sorry, do you mean you're only eating breakfast?
  • Options
    You need to eat at least three times a day, not just breakfast. Or else you're not just starving the baby but also yourself. You don't have to eat a huge meal, but you need to eat.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Digestion is slower and space is getting limited day by day. Eat when you are hungry and try to make it good quality food. I know that I can't handle the portions sizes I did a few months ago.
    Be the Change.
    Make no assumptions
    Take nothing personally
    Be impeccable with your word
    Do your best

• Options
    I haven't had any desire to eat but on the advice of my doc started doing 6 small meals a day. It is hard when no food sounds appealing but you need some kind of nutrition. Maybe fruit or smoothies would be good? Good luck!
  • Options

Digestion is slower and space is getting limited day by day. Eat when you are hungry and try to make it good quality food. I know that I can't handle the portions sizes I did a few months ago.

Actually your metabolism close to doubles, when pregnant. That means you need to eat more often, even if it's just a snack size bag of chips.

Without eating often your body starts to shut down and eat itself. This is not good, for mamma or baby.
    Whether or not you 'feel' hungry you should have at least 2-3 small meals on top of breakfast.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    I have not been hungry and well and when I am, there are only a few things my stomach will tolerate. Toast, mashed potatoes and plain cereals. I asked my doctor about this and he said that was fine for now, as long as I'm keeping up with my vitimans.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    But if I so eat something small it still makes me sick
  • Options
    bashfulbirdbashfulbird member
    edited February 2015
    Actually your metabolism close to doubles, when pregnant. That means you need to eat more often, even if it's just a snack size bag of chips. Without eating often your body starts to shut down and eat itself. This is not good, for mamma or baby. Whether or not you 'feel' hungry you should have at least 2-3 small meals on top of breakfast.
    Tell that to my lower gut please, its stuck in the Tar pits.
    ETA: BTW I wasn't suggesting to eat less, just smaller portions. So, like, more often.
    Bag of chips? Really?
    Be the Change.
    Make no assumptions
    Take nothing personally
    Be impeccable with your word
    Do your best

• Options

But if I so eat something small it still makes me sick

If you are that concerned maybe you should bring it up with your doctor.
  • Options
    I am I just wanted to see what you guys thought first.
  • Options
    We are not doctors. We are internet strangers. You should always consult your doctor first before us.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I am I just wanted to see what you guys thought first.

When are you going to see your doctor? You might want to try smoothies or something, just to make sure you're reaching your calorie intake everyday. I'm still not sure if you meant that you're only able to eat breakfast?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"