March 2015 Moms

Wuh-wuh-wuh-Wednesday randoms

Re: Wuh-wuh-wuh-Wednesday randoms

• Cilantro... Mmmmm....
  • Loading the player...
  • RQuinlin said:

@luckystarz I'm making your taco soup today since it's cold and snowy. My house is going to smell like yummy goodness all day. You're right it does make a lot! I think I'll freeze whatever is leftover for my post baby frozen food stash. It started me thinking if I start now making a few giant meals a week now, I'll have plenty by the time baby gets here.

So, this will give away my lack of cooking/leftover skills ... how do you freeze/reheat home made soup? :)
  • So I'm on the page with everyone else who was late to catch up on all the TOU updates. I finally was able to connect last night and was sort of confused as to what in the world happened. I think I'm sort of caught up now.

Our M15 community has been a huge for me the last 7 months and I hate to see people dropping out. I'm not in the Facebook group, but I guess I can always move there if everyone leaves.

In other news, it feels like I've been kicked between the legs still. And I wore jeans to work today. On a not casual Friday. I paired it with a blazer to keep it professional, but I feel like a total renegade.

• @jarrard1983, try to stay warm!

To everyone who isn't feeling well, I hope you start to feel better soon!

I'm caught up on all the craziness that went down yesterday. I was following along, but didn't even know what to post about it. I'm really sad and confused as to why Maui is gone. The whole thing resembled a dictatorship to me and doesn't make any sense. 

So after about a month hiatus, schools are back in session, which means that I have to start travelling again to high schools to give presentations. Which means I have to haul a 30 lb bag with me full of marketing material. I am really not excited about that and really enjoyed the last month or so that I could just sit at my desk and not go anywhere. Oh well.  

BabyFruit Ticker

Kaylin Lanelle Born 9/2012
    Rylee Amelia due March 5, 2015

For SuzyQ

• @chilibeansm0m we put it in tupperware with saran wrap on top before the lid, and then put it in the freezer. We haven't had any issues with freezer burn or anything.

Is it not good to just use the Tupperware lid? Does that not work in the freezer?
  • If I could put cilantro on everything.. I would. Mind you, what's really stopping me?! My SO is home from work for the week (he works away, 2 weeks on, one off.) maybe I should send him to the store and stock up. I feel a "Cilantro on everything" experiment a brewin'
  • Now I really want a burrito with cilantro.... Thanks y'all!
  • This is making me really sad. I have been lurking Parenting for years. I love all the regs over there, now they are pretty much all banned. So stupid.

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• sathena said:

Holy crap Batman at what went down yesterday. Work was BSC and so was the Bump. What a day. Here's hoping that today is a bit better.

On the interesting side, I now feel that I look pregnant, and got myself stuck between the open door and the wall in my bathroom since my stomach got in the way. My DH started laughing and asked me how in the world that happened. I'm still trying to figure it out.

Have a lovely day ladies, and sparkly glitter to all! :P

I've gotten stuck too! I'm used to being able to squeeze through small spaces but not so much anymore! My mom compared me to our yellow lab after her puppy growth spurt. She got stuck under the table and under the bed a few times before she learned she was too big for her favorite spots!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's almost 6 here, and again I can't sleep. My house is thankfully almost all packed and my husband comes home tomorrow! I can't wait! He wasn't supposed to be home until I went into labor but he gets to help move now! @jarrard1983‌ that sounds miserable! Stay warm! Any idea on when it'll be back on? I thought it was cold here(30 degrees in Texas, which is nothing compared to others.)
    Thanks. It's still 60 in our house but it's dropping pretty quick. Power is suppose to be back on in 45 min, but there is also a fire down the road that has our road closed. I'm not sure if that is the cause of the power or not. Me and puppy are snuggled under lots of blankets. We are in Michigan, so pretty use to the cold. :)
    Fellow Michigander here :) Even if you're used to it, it's still crazy cold today! Glad you have a pup to keep you warm!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • So, in case everyone wasn't confused enough about the past two days:

Apparently things are being officially blamed on a hacker.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @chilibeansm0m we put it in tupperware with saran wrap on top before the lid, and then put it in the freezer. We haven't had any issues with freezer burn or anything.

Is it not good to just use the Tupperware lid? Does that not work in the freezer?
    The Plastic wrap is just added protection. If your lid is wonky or doesn't fit super tight it's like insurance. Like double wrapping meat.

Good lord... Way to own up to your shit, BM...

This just keeps getting stranger and stranger.

So what about the mass banning? Was that a hack too?
  • I'm here and will be around as long as the group is active and go from there. I can barely keep up here so I won't be joining anywhere else for the time being.

Work is starting to get busy again, and with upcoming maternity leave there's lots to get done. This doesn't bode well for me since I am mentally checked out. Oh well, only 4 weeks left before mat leave.

@chunkymonkeylvr I get it but you will be missed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MC: 2/19/14

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Whitfry said:
    So I was right about the coffee being an omen for my day. I can only get laid if my clients are here to bill. So THANK YOU parents who are taking your kids out of school early WITHOUT INFORMING THE SCHOOL so that I drive 20 miles to work 2.5 HOURS. Fuck you very fucking much. I am so frustrated. I could have stayed in bed. I would have liked to stay in bed because I slept like shit last night. I am done with everything right now. So done.
    You can only get laid, huh? Heehee ;)
    Also, that sucks...
  • Darbie914 said:

BumpMay was banned???

Huh??
  • I posted this in the FB thread, but thought I'd share too, since I'm a huge fan of their swaddlers. Halo is having a huge sale on their sleepsacks. 

www.halosleepsack.com/sale

BabyFruit Ticker

Kaylin Lanelle Born 9/2012
    Rylee Amelia due March 5, 2015

For SuzyQ

• I'm so very intrigued as to how this all unfolds...hmmmm so very odd :-?
  • Hi all - thought I'd finally post something in randoms, since I'm enjoying the baby shower hostess drama my sister is in the middle of, but it's hardly worthy of a thread.  Sorry this is long - hopefully it's entertaining.  Lots of bitching about specific people below, but I know we'll have a good time with some awesome people who care enough about me to give up their Saturday afternoon and bring me a gift.

The TL;DNR version:
    Sister started planning a shower, other family members have offered to help / taken over.  I've been warned to eat before the shower, blame my poor appetite on the pregnancy (yay for blaming everything on pregnancy!), to be prepared for an abrasive, quasi-uninvited guest, and that my grandmother may be in her "I have classier tastes than you" mood and bring food she knows I dislike and is redundant to other stuff on the menu.
    ________
    Long version:

My sister started planning a shower, and then my mum and MIL decided they'd like to co-host a tea party, with logistics taken care of by caterer who comes in and does tea parties in your home!  Nice idea, but caterer doesn't travel as far away as my ILs live in the winter and my MIL wanted the party at her house.  But since my mum is from Dublin, and MIL's mother was from England, they believe they can put together a tea party on their own (among issues I'm hearing - tea flavors have to be matched to refreshments, and neither agrees with how the other makes tea).  I'm not a tea drinker, but apparently you can make it "wrong", which is reportedly how my mother does it.  

Anyways, my sister has been caught in the middle of all sorts of stupid stuff, and my husband hears a bit from his mother.  Yesterday, it was that she doesn't know what kind of teas my mum is bringing, and they have to match the sandwiches... I mention it to my sister today, and my MIL had already been told that they're bringing one of those wooden boxes with a dozen or so types of teas for people to select from, and only hot water is being put in the teapots.  Now the three teapots are clutter, and everyone (maybe a dozen people) should get hot water from the Kuerig. Because queuing up for the Kuerig is better than putting three pots of hot water out? 

The food is also contentious.  Neither my MIL nor my mother seem to care what I like (I'm not that fussy, but I don't eat farm animals and don't have much of a sweet tooth).  I'll cut my MIL some slack, since she hasn't known me as long, and I don't make a big deal about what I do and don't like, but my mother should know by now, and my sister has been trying to weigh in but has been ignored.  There is one vegetarian tea sandwich, which my sister thinks I won't like, but they tell her that I can eat it.  There's a cake, which hopefully I'll like, but I'm often indifferent to cake / find it too sweet.  And my mum will bring hummus,  since that's vegetarian (and another product I'm completely indifferent to).  

My grandmother has reportedly offered to bring (or announced she's bringing) a cheese cake.  Annoying because my sister ordered a cake, plus I hate cheesecake.  My grandmother makes some really great cookies, but I really wouldn't put it past her to bring the cheesecake to show off.  I won't get into her strain of crazy any further, because that could fill a book.

Finally, my aunt decided that she should invite a friend of hers that I have met precisely once, and honestly found loud and irritating.  Not someone I'd add to a small guest list, especially when it's a shower and you're expected to bring a gift.  My sister was caught off guard by this request, and while we all agree after the fact that it's awkward, it's also too late to do anything about that.  

• @DM718‌ Wow. I have no words for you except I'm sorry
  • Hey guys. I've (temporarily) lost my mod powers.

Sit tight. They're trying to figure out what's happening.
  • meowkittenmeowkitten member
    edited January 2015
    What the hell is going on over here!?

This is what happens when I haven't checked in since this morning.

I blame it all on the hackers.
  • @graciest719 - I'll be the first to admit that despite all the behind-the-scenes drama that I assume I only hear a bit about, it will be a good time.  Worst case scenario - I'll end up with a good story.  

I tell my sister this is payback for her wedding shower & bachlorette party, which included one bridesmaid I'll be happy never to make plans with again.  
  • DM718 Wow, way for your family to take the guest of honor's likes and dislikes into consideration. You are right; at least it will make for a good story.
  • @DM718‌ All I have to say is .... WHO HATES CHEESECAKE? You send your grandma and that cheese cake my way, ill take care of that problem ;)

@jarrard1983‌ glad your power is back on!!

Re:TB......I will also be sticking around before I hop to proboards. I can barely keep up with the FB. @chilibeansm0m‌ I also vote make a dummy facebook(if it comes down to it) and just use the name Chilibeans. Anything chili and ill assume its you!

Afm- my OB put me on another no lifting/bending restriction. The baby is not at risk, but im having a lot of issues with certain joints/bones popping out and my OB thinks ill have to immediately be on muscle relaxers and physical therapy following labor for a few months. Its really stressing me out because I work with 2yos and no other classrooms have an open position. Im scared my boss will cut my hours drastically or completely.
  • adouces06 said:
    @kcbizme I love that bag! I was going to get it for my H, but he chose a more plain pinstripe one. Def a great gift idea :)
    He has no idea I'm getting it for him. I just thought it would give him something to be excited about since the shower is about me (even though he'll be there) and it's just a way to show him that I care. I'm so excited to give it to him. Like, I can't friggin wait!
  • @ruemorgan - sorry about the joints/bending.

@chilibeansm0m‌ - so jelly of your burrito.

I was supposed to have a girlfriend and her three kids come over for dinner tonight. They have very strict diet issues so my H went to a gourmet store to pick up a really nice full dinner. She cancelled on me. I am sad. We were very close and have drifted apart. She was one of my shower hosts and then got into an argument with one of the other hosts (my boss) and now isn't even coming to my shower (which is supposed to be a surprise). I'm a little disappointed but hope that she will come and visit me next week.

Work is also sucky. I now have a stiff neck from lying on my side all day. And my H is sick - so he has been having me get up and bring him stuff all day. He doesn't really get that bedrest means lying on my left side in bed all day - not just an excuse to to go to the office.
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"