January 2015 Moms
Options

Thursday Randoms

124»

Re: Thursday Randoms

• Options
    I didn't think the cervix check was painful or uncomfortable, just weird with having a hand shoved up there. Don't shoot me  X_X
    I think this also depends on high low/high things are and the actual doctor or nurse. When I was being checked, sometimes they were quite painful and sometimes I felt almost nothing.
    True. It was definitely pretty high. He even made a comment on how far he had to reach. I was just like "thanks, pal!"
    Mine said the same thing. Actually, he said, "Did you bring your cervix with you today?" Yeah, yeah, I know. It's high, hard, closed blah blah blaaaaah!!!! 

That said, I don't mind the checks to much either other than the general invasion of privacy lol.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options

I didn't think the cervix check was painful or uncomfortable, just weird with having a hand shoved up there. Don't shoot me  X_X

Mine was uncomfortable but not awful.

The doctor who did it on Monday was a male with bigger hands, and the one next week is female - I'm wondering if she'll be more gentle, but we'll see.

I hear about some people whose water will break during the cervical exam, and then they just go straight to L&D. I'll be 39 weeks, and that would be convenient because I'll be right by the hospital, and I wouldn't have to worry about my water breaking at work or having the baby on the side of the highway. I'm not counting on it, but a girl can dream.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mazinator said:
    Am I the only one confused on what contractions feel like? :-/ :-/ :-B

Nope!  I just assumed I haven't had a real one yet though.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Mazinator said:
    Am I the only one confused on what contractions feel like? :-/ :-/ :-B

Nope!  I just assumed I haven't had a real one yet though.

--------------------------------

Same here! I know we'll know once they start!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I bought 2 nursing bras today, and picked up 2 new pajamas with easy boob access! I *think* I'm prepared.

I also got EPO, and black cohosh. Blue cohosh is hard to find, so I'll go out this weekend since I don't intend to take it until later next week.

• Options
    What a day, and not in a good way.

Dog update:  he is home after spending the entire day (day 2) at the vet and will have to go back for the next 2 days to be checked out.  He has something wrong with his platelets and his blood won't clot on it's own.  He's on a bunch of medication for the next 2 weeks but the bleeding has thankfully stopped for now.

Also - I had to run skates up to ds for skating and my car wouldn't start.  It was frozen.  Lovely.  I called dh and he made it home in time for me to get the skates up to ds, but really, I feel like I'm just waiting for the third thing to happen.

@Maebb - I didn't hear/see the interview but what a story.  I'd look it up but I know I'd be balling so I'll pass it up, but thanks for sharing.
    After 8 yrs of ttc little one is due Jan. 28

Big brother is excited to meet this little one!

• Options
    @CrazyMonkeyBear‌, she's going to testify in the trial. She said she can't understand the hatred of wanting to hurt that many people, and I agree.

@funinthenorth‌, sorry about your day, but I'm glad they were able to at least stop the bleeding with your dog.
  • Options
    Breastfeeding moms.. are your baby's lips getting chapped? Jude has a chapped/callous thing going on right now. Dr. Google says to use lanolin or breastmilk to soothe and soften his lips. Haven't tried either yet. Wondered if anyone else experienced this?

• Options
    I am so uncomfortable today. It feels like I have been kicked a thousand times in my crotch. I am sitting with a bag of frozen corn on it. I am so uncomfortable, miserable, discouraged, and I am done being pregnant.
  • Options
    I've always been known to have "soccer ankles". Tiny ankles, bones sticking out everywhere. Today, in the shower, I realized my feet and ankles have swollen drastically. This severely depresses me. :-O

Pregnancy Ticker

January '15 January Siggy Challenge: Newborn/Baby Fails

• Options
    My fingers are crossed for you, @BabyStandish
  • Options
    @MrsFaFa2‌ - I hear you. I've been doing the opposite - heating pad on my back. She feels so low, if I stand up for too long she'll just fall out.
  • Options

Breastfeeding moms.. are your baby's lips getting chapped? Jude has a chapped/callous thing going on right now. Dr. Google says to use lanolin or breastmilk to soothe and soften his lips. Haven't tried either yet. Wondered if anyone else experienced this?

Yep, that little milk blister on the center of their top lip is totally normal. I've never put anything on them but expressing milk seems like a great idea because it's a cure-all! I've already used it for a clogged tear duct (cleared after 3 days) and a little baby acne.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @BabyStandish‌ I hope things keep moving in the "real deal" and that you are making an announcement soon!!
  • Options
    @Beckydewell‌ I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your grandpa!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @Maebb I am a huge NPR fan too. Stories that you don't hear anywhere else for sure!
  • Options
    @Beckydewell‌ My condolences to you and your family!
    .image

• Options
    @beckydewell, sorry about the loss of your grandpa.
  • Options
    @Beckydewell‌ I'm sorry for your loss.
    @BabyStandish‌ FX things continue to pick-up.
    Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• Options
    saiven said:

I had a baby!

Yes! I can't wait to hear all about it.
    I will share the story when I get a chance. Not sure about how many gory details I want to share just yet.

Dec '12 & Jan '15
    I could hold you for a million years to make you feel my love.
  • Options
    Congratulations @BackseatDriver‌ !!
    .image

• Options

I had a baby!

Congrats! :)

• Options
    I accidentally posted this in the Wed randoms thread. But I'm gonna go ahead and repost here cause I could really use some P&PT. I just had 3 in the last 10 minutes. :(

Friends, if I could please get some prayers that labor *doesn't* start tonight, I'd greatly appreciate it. I need this baby to wait a day or two because of this nasty weather. My contractions are definitely getting more frequent tonight. 

How serious is barometric pressure? We have blizzard conditions right now.

• Options
    Congratulations @BackseatDriver!!

@4littlebears  Sending you many T & P! 

All the talk earlier of Bdubs sending people into labor made me go eat wings for dinner. Hoping this works! EDD is tomorrow. 
    [-O<

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

Going to rant...
    So the hospital offered to mail in the application for the birth certificate. My husband ran home for the evening to pick up some things and low and behold, they mailed the application and check back to us instead of to the state. Sigh, I am glad he went home to catch this so we can take care of this soon, but now its been a full week.
    Anyone know how long it takes to get a birth certificate and social security number?

Edit: typing on a cellphone sucks

We were told to expect both within 6-8 weeks from the day we filled it out (day after we gave birth). That's here in Detroit though. Unsure if it's relative to city/county/state/whatever.
  • Options
    Thanks @raveness, I'm more convinced it's because I don't want it to happen that it's threatening me! 

Good luck with the b-dubs though! What sauce did you get? 
  • Options
    Thanks @raveness, I'm more convinced it's because I don't want it to happen that it's threatening me! 

That's how it usually goes with me. Murphy's Law likes to jab at me.

Sadly, I'm a big wuss when it comes to spice so I only got mild. I figure it's better than no spice at all though!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    4littlebears4littlebears member
    edited January 2015
    raveness said:

That's how it usually goes with me. Murphy's Law likes to jab at me.

Sadly, I'm a big wuss when it comes to spice so I only got mild. I figure it's better than no spice at all though!

~~Quote fail~~
    And the grease! Maybe that'll help you!
  • Options
    papapalie said:

If anyone is still awake, what do you usually dress your baby in when you put them in a halo sleep sack swaddle? Do you do just a long sleeve onsie or a cotton footie sleeper?

I do a sleeper.

Dec '12 & Jan '15
    I could hold you for a million years to make you feel my love.
  • Options
    I just want to complain a little right now. And this is TMI! I finally got antibiotics for this cold turned ear infection!!! But the side effect is diahrrea... And I've been constipated for almost a week now only going once. And it's starting. Have to get through the backup before the rest can clear out. And add a hemi to this picture... Oh gosh oh gosh I am going to cry. Sorry again TMI I just feel so ill :( Just breath and relax I can make it!!
    January J'15 Siggy Challenge: Baby FAILS

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Beckydewell‌

I'm so sorry for your loss!

@BackseatDriver‌
    Congratulations! Can't wait to see the baby!

@papapalie‌
    I do a long sleeve onesie, as long as baby won't get too hot. Then I do a short sleeve onesie
  • Options
    @BookitBoo‌ how you feeling?

@papapalie‌ I'd do a sleeper bc it's so cold here!
  • Options
    @papapalie‌ I do a long sleeve gown thing, and then I swaddle him with two receiving blankets. We keep our house around 64* and he seems super comfortable.
  • Options
    @Maebb‌ I hope if you choose to that it goes well. My man brought me to his work christmas party and I spent the whole time drinking water. I didn't even go to the restroom. Just drank 3 jugs of water or so.... I must have really made an impression.....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"