January 2015 Moms
Options

Thursday Randoms

Re: Thursday Randoms

• Options
    I'm originally from the Tampa area, so a few friends had posted that on FB. How heartbreaking. DD1 is 6, and I can't imagine a thought like that even crossing my mind. Absolutely terrible.

I'm cleaning out my closets today, and starting to put my maternity stuff away, and I started crying knowing that I'm putting it away for good. I know my family is complete with the 4 of us, but it makes me sad to think that this part of my life is already over. Stupid hormones.
  • Options
    Where is my brain today? I was making a grilled cheese for lunch and instead of grabbing the pan's handle I grabbed the hot pan. Wtf self?

Then I finally listened to the "mom" song and had to lock myself in the bathroom while I ugly cried so my DD didn't think something was wrong with me.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Britt1406‌ No, we are delivering at Florida Hospital Altamonte. Winnie is beautiful (I had to go there for a high risk ultrasound) but I heard because it's so good, it's insanely busy, therefore the staff kind of hurries you out.
    .image

• Options
    @NicoleMarie0914 Me too! SOO- not to sound stalkerish but maybe we will end up delivering at the same time there. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @Britt1406‌ I'm mobile right now, so I can't see your ticker. When is your EDD?
    .image

• Options
    Hey, I'm Due January 27th. I was wondering if I still am pregnant till 41 weeks or 42 weeks, do you think I  could still post on this when my girl is born? Or do I move to Feb 2015 ? That is probably a dumb question, especially since many moms have been having their babies in nov. and dec.... 

Now, I'm feeling like this is not something I need to ask.... oh well...
  • Options
    It's so hard to imagine all the crazy weather some of you ladies are going through right now! Being in Arizona, it doesn't even compute with me. My husband and I sleep with our bedroom window open at night for fresh air. 

I hope you ladies stay warm, safe, and find entertainment!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have noticed a lot of new posters around here lately but no trolling...??
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    edited January 2015

bwall84 said:

Maybe it's my hormones but my MIL is driving me crazy. Before I start, I just want to say I have a pretty good relationship with MIL and she hardly ever drives me this crazy.

My mom is coming to stay with us after the baby is born to help with cooking, cleaning, and shooing people away for a few days. My parents live across town and it's a pain in the butt drive so she is going to stay in our guest room. I told DH I really don't want a lot of people around unless they were going to help cook or clean (neither of which MIL does well) and to tell his mom to wait about a week before she came up (she lives 4 hours away). He tried telling her this and she said it was "her perogative" if she wanted to come up. Wtf lady? I talked to DH about it first and then I talked to my mom to get the grandmother's perspective. My mom had to get all logical on me and remind me that this will be her first grandchild and not to back her into a corner. After some thought, I told DH it was fine if she came up but not to expect much from us. DH is fine either way. He just wants to support me. Of course, this could all be for not because DH's sister is due 1/22 (she's out of state). If SIL goes into labor first this could all be moot.

I can see why she wants to come up, and I'm sure she feels that if your mom is there then she should be allowed there too. But I don't like the tone of, "it's my prerogative." That's very annoying. You're probably doing the right thing letting her come, but I hope she won't have a bad attitude while she's there. You'll be extra hormonal after baby's here, and it's a lot harder to hold your tongue at that point!
    -------------mobile quote fail--------
    I even asked DH if she used those exact words and he said yes. I think her tone is what set me off the most. I guess I have bigger things to worry about at this point. I'm getting over it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LadyXaverian in the 38wks 5days thread

• Options
    mmblake08 said:

mmblake08 said:

mmblake08 said:

I do not want to leave my house and go to the doctor! It's warm in here, it's -5 with a -20 windchill out there. Screw you winter!

@mmblake08 I forget, are you near me? Our weather is just as cold WAHHH
    *****Anticipating quote fail******

@CrazyMonkeyBear‌ I'm in the Columbus, OH area.

Nope :( Boo. We're about a 12 hour drive apart. Crazy freaking weather, though. Boston shut down schools for today due to the cold

I think they closed school here too.

Yep, all schools in the columbus area are closed today! They actually started closing them last night around 5:00!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kilayla13 said:
    Hey, I'm Due January 27th. I was wondering if I still am pregnant till 41 weeks or 42 weeks, do you think I  could still post on this when my girl is born? Or do I move to Feb 2015 ? That is probably a dumb question, especially since many moms have been having their babies in nov. and dec.... 

@kilayla13-- if you've been posting here, and being due in January, you should be able to keep posting here.  Unless you'd be more comfortable elsewhere.  There are a few ladies who will probably go into February and I'd hate to see them switch boards and a few who had babies in November or December and are still posting here because they were due with us and are awesome.  So if you like us, feel free to stick around even if you go over.
  • Options
    My random--  My dad gets here in about 3 hours, as he's watching DD1 when I go to my induction tomorrow.  My brain is trying to tell me to unpack DD1's overnight bag since I certainly won't need to drop her at SiL's instead in the next 3 hours, right?  But then a part of me is like "Don't you even tempt those labor gods.  You will be so panicked and unprepared then.  Bag will get unpacked and you'll start dying from natural labor."  haha.

Also, we're waiting on a new baby carrier-- more like a K'tan this time around-- and it's the first time I'm thankful that our mail comes so late.  FedEx estimated it wouldn't get here until tomorrow but the tracking number claims the package left with our mail person when s/he left at noon from the post office.  Yeeeesssss!  Get here baby carrier!  I need you!  haha.
  • Options
    Lanatir said:
    kilayla13 said:

@kilayla13-- if you've been posting here, and being due in January, you should be able to keep posting here.  Unless you'd be more comfortable elsewhere.  There are a few ladies who will probably go into February and I'd hate to see them switch boards and a few who had babies in November or December and are still posting here because they were due with us and are awesome.  So if you like us, feel free to stick around even if you go over.
    I'm going to plan on staying. especially since I've been on the January board for 6 months or so. I've snuck to Feb and Dec. a few times to see if I liked it but I really like the Jan. mommas ten times better. Even with the trolls and drama and crazy situations.... It makes it so interesting :)
  • Options
    MH and I went for a nice, long walk yesterday afternoon and I thought maybe my water might have broken (just a trickle) right when we got back.  I laid down on the couch and it stopped.  Ah, pregnancy is so glamourous.
    Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• Options
    britb618 said:

@ladyxaverian, see hearing that your dd is sleeping through night now and room is warmer totally makes me think it is because of her cooler room! and makes me sad because in the old house her room was the warm one but now both babies will have cooler rooms and our room gets sooo freaking hot! I'll have to figure something out. 

And actually up north they are actually cancelling school or delaying because of cold as well! So not only in the south. I don't remember this growing up but whatever works I suppose 
    ______

I was just thinking that I don't remember this from growing up either. But I do remember waiting for the bus at 6am all bundled up like that kid from A Christmas Story and us and some other kids would gather around this lady's car exhaust to keep warm as she was warming it up! I'm sure that's safe! Ha!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @happymonkey817- maybe it was so bad for you because it was out of no where which is why i've seen a lot of people complain about being induced.  If they come on more gradually you might be able to tolerate them better.  FX that's true for you...

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Got back from grocery shopping. Freezer is packed solid with insta-meals now for once LO decides to show up. I am exhausted though - was even light headed and had to grab some juice at the check out line. That'll teach me for only having one breakfast... And now I just want to relax, maybe even take a nap, but DS is not happy about nap time, and I keep getting random contractions. Blarg.
  • Options
    Yikes, I'm having a kidney stone now. It's been a month or more since my last time. And every time I contract, I get stabbing pain in my side. Lovely... This had better pass before I go into real labor!
  • Options
    @Britt1406‌ My induction date is the 15th so there is a definite possibility we could be there at the same time! Also, my Mom was almost 2 weeks overdue with me and her doctor told her to go for a walk and have a beer when she got home and she went into labor that night. I can't imagine my doctor telling me to drink though!! Lol
    .image

• Options
    LadyXaverianLadyXaverian member
    edited January 2015
    Surprised that they are closing for cold up north! I grew up in Nova Scotia, and we never closed for cold. We did close for big storms, though. I'll have to ask my family who is still up there if they have closed in recent years just for cold temps. 

I'll have to go look at that 38w5d thread to see the trolling. I saw the OP and a handful of responses, but it was totally predictable, so I stopped reading before I even finished the first page. I'll have to go see what I missed.

ETA: Ok, found the potential troll. You guys are all such meanie heads. :P
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    I am 38 weeks and 3 days today...I am wondering a.) will this baby EVER decide to come, b.) how I will sleep again tonight with the TERRIBLE indigestion that plagues me every single night, and c.) I am 1 cm dilated and 70% effaced--will I go past 40 weeks?  I actually cried last night...just because I am emotional I guess and so over being BIG! I just want to get the show on the road and hold my sweet girl.  This is my first child, and I am nervous about delivery.  I am very petite in size (5'1 and 103 lbs pre-pregnancy), and I am worried that I won't be able to have her vaginally.  I am really not wanting a c-section.  Any other petite ladies out there that have successful birth stories for me???
  • Options
    sllumpkin said:
    I am 38 weeks and 3 days today...I am wondering a.) will this baby EVER decide to come, b.) how I will sleep again tonight with the TERRIBLE indigestion that plagues me every single night, and c.) I am 1 cm dilated and 70% effaced--will I go past 40 weeks?  I actually cried last night...just because I am emotional I guess and so over being BIG! I just want to get the show on the road and hold my sweet girl.  This is my first child, and I am nervous about delivery.  I am very petite in size (5'1 and 103 lbs pre-pregnancy), and I am worried that I won't be able to have her vaginally.  I am really not wanting a c-section.  Any other petite ladies out there that have successful birth stories for me???
    You sound like me and most of us here, uncomfortable. You'd be surprised what your body can do though! I wouldn't worry too much about size, unless it comes up as an issue when you're in labor. 
  • Options
    I am absolutely so freaking bored!!! I have watched everything on Netflix, house is clean, baby's room is ready...could I do some laundry?? Yeah....but geez I want to do something fun!!!
  • Options
    @sllumpkin, a) baby will decide to come, in the next few weeks I'd imagine. b) heart burn tends to go away right after birth, but then the baby will keep you up...so no you will never sleep again (joking, kind of) c) no idea if you will go past forty weeks, dilation means nothing unfortunately unless your water breaks then they most likely will get baby out within 24 hours

As to your concern about a c-section, I had one, not planned, but it went fine, I survived. My best friend is about your size and she had a vaginal birth at approx. 39 weeks last week no problem. I know its hard but try to calm down, plenty of ladies have done this before all of us and they've all survived as will you. 
  • Options

I've been SUPER thirsty lately and I don't know why.  Maybe it's the dry air from the heat being turned on but OMG I can't stop drinking. Sigh...

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Thanks for the input!  I do love to hear when other petite women were able to have vaginal deliveries; it makes me hopeful that I will too!  I am trying to relax and just enjoy these last 2 or 3 weeks, but it is so hard.  It seems like the previous 8 months went by so fast, and this last month is just dragging by.  I have also heard that dilation means nothing; some people go another 3 weeks after being 1 cm, and some people went within a day or two.  I guess it's just the not knowing that kills me! ;)
  • Options

I am absolutely so freaking bored!!! I have watched everything on Netflix, house is clean, baby's room is ready...could I do some laundry?? Yeah....but geez I want to do something fun!!!

Me too! My school district is still on winter break and my maternity leave officially starts Monday. I try to go to the gym to get out of the house and today I'm working on painting a little cabinet for the baby's room. We have Netflix too so I've been watching 90's sitcoms.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @4littlebears, I went into labor 4 hours after eating spicy wings at Buffalo Wild Wings! Beware!

(Or maybe I was 39w2d and DS was just ready to be born, and the wings were a coincidence.) :smile:
  • Options
    Right now I'm relying on the fact that old wives tales are completely inaccurate. I am having some b~dubs wings with spicy Caribbean jerk sauce and I cannot go into labor today. It's blizzarding and my sister won't be able to drive out here today. Love me some b~dubs though.
    mmm bdubs
  • Options
    I didn't think the cervix check was painful or uncomfortable, just weird with having a hand shoved up there. Don't shoot me  X_X
    I think this also depends on high low/high things are and the actual doctor or nurse. When I was being checked, sometimes they were quite painful and sometimes I felt almost nothing.
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"