January 2015 Moms
Options

Thursday Randoms

Re: Thursday Randoms

• Options

Turning in 24 hr urine sample for preeclampsia again today. (I've had a feeling they missed something the last time, because I've had all these weird symptoms) If levels are high I'll be getting induced tomorrow likely. Otherwise induction is Tuesday due to high blood pressure.
    I'm super nervous to be induced!

I'm the same way but I have been.diagnosed with hypertension with pregnancy. I still have the symptoms of pre e but they say I'm fine. I have done 2 24 hour tests, a no stress test, check my fluids. Everything has came back normal.
  • Options
    kilayla13kilayla13 member
    edited January 2015
    ACCIDENT POST SORRY..... (don't know how to erase)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was wondering. If I think I'm ready for this baby and I'm not 100% sure. Will I still do a good job? This is obviously my first child and I'm not trying to worry or stress myself out. I just keep overthinking... I just have no idea what will happen and it frightens me.... I keep thinking I need to have my mom my sister-in-law and friends with kids on speed dial...
  • Options
    Head colds at 40 weeks pregnant are not fair.
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • Options
    kilayla13 said:

I was wondering. If I think I'm ready for this baby and I'm not 100% sure. Will I still do a good job? This is obviously my first child and I'm not trying to worry or stress myself out. I just keep overthinking... I just have no idea what will happen and it frightens me.... I keep thinking I need to have my mom my sister-in-law and friends with kids on speed dial...

I was like this too, but I have a great support system, my mom an my mother in law both have said I'd know what to do once baby comes so I'm confident I would, an it's a bit to late now to second guess if you're ready cause baby is soon here!
  • Options
    agreed @yamrwhite, headcolds at 38 weeks suck too but 40 weeks is terrible! hoping you feel better and than spontaneously go into labor :) 

@bkmama, my daughter did that too when she was little lol ;) it is hard after baby to get that closeness back right away since you aren't alone nearly as much but it will come and now we just spend the Sunday mornings in bed with all three of us snuggling which I promise is actually even more fun because we are the only two people in the world that are as in love with our daughter as the other one so when you look at each other you share that special bond too :) 
  • Options
    @britb618‌ I haven't yet. If he's still this uncomfortable at his 2 month check up, I'll ask.
  • Options
    @elleswarth‌ the same thing happened to me. I stopped using them and the itching stopped immediately.
  • Options
    britb618 said:
    My daughter woke up again at 3 this a.m. :( I don't know how to get her to sleep through the night. One of the issues (I think) is her room doesn't get as warm as the rest of the house so even when we have the house set at 68 (which feels like 75 in my room) her room is still cold. I keep telling my husband we have to turn up the heat but it really doesn't even matter when we do, her room remains cooler. :( Something we will eventually have to look into but probably wont get done in the next few weeks. So I am on a mission to get a king size bed this weekend. I got a bonus at work and my husband had told me we had to wait until April but now I feel like I have the money so I want to buy it. At least then when my daughter does come into bed I won't be on the freaking corner! So heres to hoping I can convince him to buy one this weekend! 
    You should at least wait until all the tax refund sales! All the furniture companies run huge sales this time of year because they want your tax refund!
  • Options
    @Edvent, sorry you had a delay in your Mag. :( That's not cool.
  • Options
    @lexirolle‌ thank you. I'm also super excited. Going through a lot of emotions...
  • Options
    @britb618‌ thanks so much! Just early jitters and a lot of anticipation. I'm being a little more emotional as I get closer. :)
  • Options
    @BabyStandish‌ I'm breathing. The baby is breathing. I have nothing to worry about right now. We all got this. Just gotta control these jitters. :)
  • Options
    Morning!

Congrats @BookitBoo‌ <:-P

I was contracting pretty frequently last night, again thought "this is it, early labor. "
    Woke up, and nothing. That's OK. I'm not disappointed. Since I'm facing an induction now in a little over a week I've decided I'll go buy some EPO and blue/black cohosh to hopefully get this show on the road. Maybe there will be some sex in the very near future.
    I apologized last night and I felt like it wasn't received well. All he said was "Ok."
    I feel better though, regardless.

• Options
    Omg I love grumpy kitten's pic :) congrats he is soooo adorable @grumpycat88 !!

So I was researching introducing dd to baby in hospital etc. and just basically stressing that I have no memory of how to care for a baby (EVEN THOUGH I JUST DID THIS!) and then I came across this very funny article, I liked her idea of how to introduce the kids and some of her other advice for us about to be STM's, link is below if anyone is interested in a little laugh and some advice :)

• Options
    Wow, so maybe it's a good thing DH stayed down at his dad's house last night. Some terrible crazy shit happened on the interstate between our house and his. I'm gonna give a *WARNING* because the following story is disturbing and mentions the death of a child.

So on one of the bridges leading up to the Skyway bridge (very close to my home) in the St. Pete area of Florida last night apparently a guy flew past a police officer, waited for the officer to follow him to a stop on the bridge, then threw his 5 year old daughter over the side and drove off. They found her 90 minutes later but we're unable to resuscitate. Then once the cops tried to stop the guy, he flipped a u - turn and drove northbound in the southbound lanes on the interstate. I was in tears reading that this morning and so close to home too. It happened a couple hours before DH would have been driving on that road, but still scary. That poor girl :'(
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, so maybe it's a good thing DH stayed down at his dad's house last night. Some terrible crazy shit happened on the interstate between our house and his. I'm gonna give a *WARNING* because the following story is disturbing and mentions the death of a child. So on one of the bridges leading up to the Skyway bridge (very close to my home) in the St. Pete area of Florida last night apparently a guy flew past a police officer, waited for the officer to follow him to a stop on the bridge, then threw his 5 year old daughter over the side and drove off. They found her 90 minutes later but we're unable to resuscitate. Then once the cops tried to stop the guy, he flipped a u - turn and drove northbound in the southbound lanes on the interstate. I was in tears reading that this morning and so close to home too. It happened a couple hours before DH would have been driving on that road, but still scary. That poor girl :'(
    Oh my goodness! I was reading about this this morning. How evil can someone be! I have a 5yo dd, and all I could think was how could someone even THINK about doing something so evil to a little child. My morning got rocked to the core... That poor girl!
  • Options
    yea I was just reading that story on the news and since I used to live in Tampa I know the bridge as well. It sounded from the description like he hugged her to him and then threw her. Very weird. And said he had custody because the mother had abuse charges against her. Sad life for that poor little girl. I have no idea how any parent could do that. 
  • Options
    I can hear out of my ear this morning finally!  Hallelujah!

I called Medela to order my breast pump through my insurance (already checked to make sure it was covered weeks ago) and when she went to bill it through, computer wouldn't confirm coverage.  She said it is a computer problem, not really a problem with my insurance, hope that is the case.

I couldn't bring the pain last night, STBX brought me Chinese for dinner, built a Lowe's Build & Grow project with the boys, hooked up my new Comcast box, and then was out in the sub zero degree weather putting the new door handle on my car.  He asked me again if he was allowed in the delivery room and I still said I don't know.  He said he is bringing me the alcoholic milkshake I mentioned months ago that I wanted from a diner in town to the hospital, really surprised he remembered me saying that.

I asked him what his deal was that he was here at least 6 times in the last two weeks.  He said he misses his family and his wife and "you don't know what you've got til it's gone" and do I miss him and does he have a chance?  I told him he never tried very hard at all for us from the very beginning and had given me a lot of lame excuses.  Don't worry, I won't be sucked in by Chinese and milkshakes when he put way more effort into being with her behind my back than he ever did to preserving his marriage and family, but I am glad that maybe it seems to be sinking in a little bit?
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    So, I had a midwife appointment this morning and I told her about the bizarre pain that woke me up this morning. She said I described a contraction perfectly, even though it was in my side/back. Wow, I guess I was totally ignorant of how much contractions are going to hurt. I have a very high pain tolerance, but that was just... wow. I'd be lying now if I said I wasn't scared of having those regularly. :(
    You'll be fine. With my first, I just kept telling myself how many trillions of women have been through this before me and done it multiple times. Then when it came time for pushing, it was a lot of instinct. I came to the realization that the only way out of this was to PUSH. lol, and don't be afraid to ask for an epidural. I love modern medicine *sometimes* :)
  • Options
    SheHulk723SheHulk723 member
    edited January 2015

Wow, so maybe it's a good thing DH stayed down at his dad's house last night. Some terrible crazy shit happened on the interstate between our house and his. I'm gonna give a *WARNING* because the following story is disturbing and mentions the death of a child.

So on one of the bridges leading up to the Skyway bridge (very close to my home) in the St. Pete area of Florida last night apparently a guy flew past a police officer, waited for the officer to follow him to a stop on the bridge, then threw his 5 year old daughter over the side and drove off. They found her 90 minutes later but we're unable to resuscitate. Then once the cops tried to stop the guy, he flipped a u - turn and drove northbound in the southbound lanes on the interstate. I was in tears reading that this morning and so close to home too. It happened a couple hours before DH would have been driving on that road, but still scary. That poor girl :'(

Oh my goodness! I was reading about this this morning. How evil can someone be! I have a 5yo dd, and all I could think was how could someone even THINK about doing something so evil to a little child. My morning got rocked to the core... That poor girl!

----quote fail----

I know! I don't have an outside baby yet but I'm appreciating every little kick she's giving me right now! You have to be seriously screwed up to do that kind of thing. It just broke my heart to read that.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Love that link @britb618‌

• Options
    @SheHulk723 I keep seeing that story all over the news (and all over my FB feed) and almost cried. I'm in the Orlando area so it is everywhere here. I don't want to see/hear about it anymore. I can't imagine anyone doing that to a child. 

• Options
    Good morning! Day two of not being able to sleep past 7 even though I couldn't fall asleep til like 2... And I thought I was recovering from this cold but now I have a bad ear ache and sore throat again. Called doctor hopefully I can get some antibiotics finally, should have had them last Friday when I went to Urgent Care grrrr.

@BookitBoo‌ Congrats on your LO!!
    @funinthenorth‌ I hope the vet can stop your dog's bleeding and it's not a symptom of anything worse!
    And all you ladies in severe cold I hope you stay warm!

Now I am off to read this troll thread which has been mentioned.
    January J'15 Siggy Challenge: Baby FAILS

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Another Floridian here who saw that news story this morning. That poor little girl. :(:(
  • Options
    @Britt1406  Well, hi there neighbor!! I live near Orlando also. And yeah, its all over the news down here. I want to punch that sob right in his smug face!!
    .image

• Options
    Maybe it's my hormones but my MIL is driving me crazy. Before I start, I just want to say I have a pretty good relationship with MIL and she hardly ever drives me this crazy.

My mom is coming to stay with us after the baby is born to help with cooking, cleaning, and shooing people away for a few days. My parents live across town and it's a pain in the butt drive so she is going to stay in our guest room. I told DH I really don't want a lot of people around unless they were going to help cook or clean (neither of which MIL does well) and to tell his mom to wait about a week before she came up (she lives 4 hours away). He tried telling her this and she said it was "her perogative" if she wanted to come up. Wtf lady? I talked to DH about it first and then I talked to my mom to get the grandmother's perspective. My mom had to get all logical on me and remind me that this will be her first grandchild and not to back her into a corner. After some thought, I told DH it was fine if she came up but not to expect much from us. DH is fine either way. He just wants to support me. Of course, this could all be for not because DH's sister is due 1/22 (she's out of state). If SIL goes into labor first this could all be moot.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    bwall84 said:
    Maybe it's my hormones but my MIL is driving me crazy. Before I start, I just want to say I have a pretty good relationship with MIL and she hardly ever drives me this crazy. My mom is coming to stay with us after the baby is born to help with cooking, cleaning, and shooing people away for a few days. My parents live across town and it's a pain in the butt drive so she is going to stay in our guest room. I told DH I really don't want a lot of people around unless they were going to help cook or clean (neither of which MIL does well) and to tell his mom to wait about a week before she came up (she lives 4 hours away). He tried telling her this and she said it was "her perogative" if she wanted to come up. Wtf lady? I talked to DH about it first and then I talked to my mom to get the grandmother's perspective. My mom had to get all logical on me and remind me that this will be her first grandchild and not to back her into a corner. After some thought, I told DH it was fine if she came up but not to expect much from us. DH is fine either way. He just wants to support me. Of course, this could all be for not because DH's sister is due 1/22 (she's out of state). If SIL goes into labor first this could all be moot.
    I can see why she wants to come up, and I'm sure she feels that if your mom is there then she should be allowed there too. But I don't like the tone of, "it's my prerogative." That's very annoying. You're probably doing the right thing letting her come, but I hope she won't have a bad attitude while she's there. You'll be extra hormonal after baby's here, and it's a lot harder to hold your tongue at that point!
  • Options
    With the cold temps, DH thought it was a good idea to turn the heat up last night.  I on the other hand woke up in the night sweating because it was sooooo hot in our room.

And these random, irregular contractions can go away at any point or turn into the real deal.  Wish my body would make up its mind if it really wants to go into labor some time this week with these contractions. 
    BFP #1 7/1/2009 ~ EDD 3/9/2010 ~ Ella Adeline (7lbs 4 oz, 19.5 inches) 3/5/2010 csection (39w3d)
    BFP #2 7/13/2011 ~ EDD 3/16/2012 ~Aubree Olivia (9lbs 1oz, 21 inches) 3/15/2012 VBAC (39w6d)
    BFP #3 5/15/2014 ~ EDD 1/16/2015~Addison Isabelle (9lbs, 0oz, 21 inches) 1/25/2015 2VBAC (41w2d)
    BFP #4 7/20/2016 ~ EDD 3/25/2017 ~ Malachi Mathew (10lbs 0oz, 22 inches) 4/4/2017 emergency csection (41w3d)

• Options
    @NicoleMarie0914 are you going to Winnie? I'm not- seems like most people do though. You can PM so if you don't want it public. 

• Options
    @ladyxaverian, see hearing that your dd is sleeping through night now and room is warmer totally makes me think it is because of her cooler room! and makes me sad because in the old house her room was the warm one but now both babies will have cooler rooms and our room gets sooo freaking hot! I'll have to figure something out. 

And actually up north they are actually cancelling school or delaying because of cold as well! So not only in the south. I don't remember this growing up but whatever works I suppose 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"