September 2012 Moms
Options

I'm hungover, and stuck at work, let's chat.

13»

Re: I'm hungover, and stuck at work, let's chat.

• Options
    Pokedot said:
    @amandad715 I didn't even realize you were this close to having baby #3! I can't remember did you find out what baby is? Btw, post the questions in 1 post ;)
    I can't really believe it either. I kept thinking I'd have all this time on Winter Break. But jokes on me. Last week was just get-me-through-Christmas. Less than 2 weeks. I go back to work M-Th next week, then I have Fri off. Then Sat is baby day. 
    We are having another boy, so basically we didn't need anything. At all. I did go a little overboard on new long sleeved onesies and more sleepers than we'll ever need(both cotton and fleece). 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I was supposed to start potty training today. EL OH EL. Didn't happen, ain't gonna happen.
    That was my goal for my week off.  Also didn't happen. NO REGRETS!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are in the midst of potty training. I hate it. We started last Saturday and she is already doing so much better than day 1, but yesterday was not a good day. We usually just don't quite make it in time. I'm also worried that this is more mommy training than potty training. I wish she came with a fool-proof instruction manual. The 3-day book I read said not to ask them if they need to go, but on day 8, I feel like a reminder helps. We also automatically go after nap/a while after meals, because that makes sense to me. Please tell me if I'm doing this wrong.
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • Options
    @melsax H O L Y C R A P that is crazy.  At least the toilet wasn't going down there?  My house would have floated away with the 20 minute showers I've been taking.  :-O

So....... the crib is back in W's room.  She was asleep within 5 minutes tonight.  I know this isn't the right decision but FAWK man. 

Winn peed in the potty, shit her pants, and peed on the floor.  My gut says that what I was doing was putting too much pressure on her.  Hell, I feel pressure to get her trained so how does she feel?  So we're going to continue to talk about it and read about it, and I'll let her wear underwear at home with me, but I really don't think 3-day anything is going to do anything but make her scared of the potty.  She seemed upset with/by me.  It just doesn't feel right.

There is some trashy shit going on outside right now a few doors down.  Dogs barking, tiny kids yelling, doors slamming.  I cracked my window to see if I need to call the cops. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    MelsaX said:
    I'm super excited about the boys bedroom though! I'm doing a little adventurers theme, and painting a mountain scape on one wall, behind where the reading nook is going to be. And there's not enough room in the bedroom for 2 beds, so we are going to make bunks, but low to the ground. Fuck it's going to be cute.
    Can't wait to see it!  Where did all of your energy come from?

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    Oh, and not that anyone cares, but fingers crossed that I get really good vibes from my YMCA daycare visit tomorrow.  The location and hours are perfect, and it's only going to be $280 more a month for the kids to go there vs what I'm paying now. 

I have to provide all meals for them.  I have a lot of questions about how that works and what restrictions there are with that.  I have calls in to 3 more I'd like to see as well but I'm thinking some might be double my mortgage lol.

• Options
    MelsaX said:
    THT Andy was an absolute dick once he worked out he could get out of his bed. It drives me crazy some nights. We are redoing the front bedroom for the boys. I mentioned the other day about the moisture issue from the bathroom creating a lovely mushroom farm behind the bookcase I had in there. Well. Turns out the last earthquake we had about 7 or so months back that effed up our hot water cylinder also knocked the pipe off the drain in the bath. Our bath and shower has just been draining directly under our house for months. There was sometimes a damp smell in the house but we couldn't work out where it was coming from, and it would disappear a short while later. Now we know. DH and my dad fixed it all up today, but when dad was under the house sorting it out I just thought back to all the times the kids have shit in the bath over the last few months. Gross.
    I'm laughing, only because we had a mushroom farm behind our toilet after DH flucked up installing it.  After a long weekend away some of those suckers were a foot tall.  Mr Handyman Fixit my ass.  Though it is fixed now.
  • Options
    @melsax H O L Y C R A P that is crazy.  At least the toilet wasn't going down there?  My house would have floated away with the 20 minute showers I've been taking.  :-O

So....... the crib is back in W's room.  She was asleep within 5 minutes tonight.  I know this isn't the right decision but FAWK man. 

Winn peed in the potty, shit her pants, and peed on the floor.  My gut says that what I was doing was putting too much pressure on her.  Hell, I feel pressure to get her trained so how does she feel?  So we're going to continue to talk about it and read about it, and I'll let her wear underwear at home with me, but I really don't think 3-day anything is going to do anything but make her scared of the potty.  She seemed upset with/by me.  It just doesn't feel right.

There is some trashy shit going on outside right now a few doors down.  Dogs barking, tiny kids yelling, doors slamming.  I cracked my window to see if I need to call the cops. 
    If it doesn't feel right, she probably isn't ready.  Why the pressure?  She doesn't have to be trained by any specific time--sure, it would be nice before baby gets here, but it's not a requirement.  Don't drive yourself and her crazy.

Same with the crib.  If she's not ready, she's not ready. UO: We expect these transitions to work well for all kids way sooner than is probably realistic for a lot of them.  
  • Options
    Oh, and not that anyone cares, but fingers crossed that I get really good vibes from my YMCA daycare visit tomorrow.  The location and hours are perfect, and it's only going to be $280 more a month for the kids to go there vs what I'm paying now. 

I have to provide all meals for them.  I have a lot of questions about how that works and what restrictions there are with that.  I have calls in to 3 more I'd like to see as well but I'm thinking some might be double my mortgage lol.
    Good luck! Let us know how it goes! 
  • Options
    Hyaline said:

If it doesn't feel right, she probably isn't ready.  Why the pressure?  She doesn't have to be trained by any specific time--sure, it would be nice before baby gets here, but it's not a requirement.  Don't drive yourself and her crazy.

Same with the crib.  If she's not ready, she's not ready. UO: We expect these transitions to work well for all kids way sooner than is probably realistic for a lot of them.  

Exactly! I feel no pressure to PT Bennett nor transition him to a big boy bed. I only want the big boy bed so I can redecorate! :)

• Options
    Hyaline said:
     UO: We expect these transitions to work well for all kids way sooner than is probably realistic for a lot of them.  
    I share this mindset as well.  There are so many transitions that we do (or have to do) based on our own schedules.  We put Brody in a bed before he was probably ready, but we needed the crib for Aedan.  I don't regret it, but it was probably harder on ourselves.

There are also a lot of things our daycare does earlier than I think some kids are ready, and when it doesn't work out well, I don't have as much sympathy as I should.  The fact that Aedan doesn't immediately fall asleep and/or lay quietly on a cot, doesn't surprise me.  It can be stressful on the teachers, but unfortunately that's what happens when you expect 12 2 year olds to all be ready to fall asleep at the same time.  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    kelbel527‌ I like that :) i hate that I'm removing W from all of her friends and weekday life as she's always known it. I am so sad about this, I blame hormones. 
    We changed daycares right before Leo was born. I was nervous because James doesn't really do well with change, but he did fine and has been there for over 2 years and we do not have any plans to change anytime soon. I would look for something that has a good preschool/pre-k program in hopes that this is your last change for her. 
    My kids need the time apart from each other. They see each other some throughout the day, but after 5 days of together time, they were ready to be with their peers. I also really like being able to focus on appropriate curriculum at this age. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    Ok how often do I need to set my kid on the potty? She just peed in it for the first time and is wearing underwear! I put her on it after she scared me with a fart LOL. Every 20 min? 30 min? I want to set a timer
    I did 20 minutes with James for the first part of the first day but that proved to be too often as he only pees 3 times a day and was starting to get annoyed with all the potty breaks. We checked for dry undies every 5 minutes and I asked if he needed to go sit on the potty. But after his nap, I only sat him on the potty about once an hour. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    tinyhumantoetinyhumantoe member
    edited December 2014
    What @hyaline said. LO was sleeping like crap in his crib so we transitioned him. If he had been sleeping well he would have stayed in there until he was 5. I kid, but we would have kept him in there as I saw no reason to change good sleep patterns. Since he was sleeping like garbage the change seemed like something to try and it worked for us.

As for PT, if she's not ready she's not ready. My brother is PTing his 2 year old right now and we aren't even thinking about it yet with LO. On Xmas he asked him like every 5 minutes "do you have to poopoo?" And once the kid said yes my bro and SIL ran to the bathroom as fast as they could and the kid cried while on the pot. I have no qualms about waiting if that's what they consider trained. It's certainly training them though. I personally don't mind diapers at this age or stage.
    Diapers are a lot easier than the turdpocalypse I cleaned out of toddler underwear yesterday. 

What you're describing with the scared kid on the pot was what I kind of saw I was creating yesterday with the full focus approach.  I didn't feel good about that, and she was scared of peeing by the end of the day :(  So today - we aren't doing it, but she did ask to sit on the potty 7 times (unsuccessfully) "just to try" she said - and I feel like that's a good thing :)  I'll just let her interest rise. 

I've also laid off the 'big girl' references.  She was sad last night to go back in the crib because she said she's a big girl and not a baby.  I feel about 1cm tall for putting that much pressure on that poor little girl, even though I didn't really realize I was doing it. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"