March 2015 Moms
Options

When is your shower?

ngolimentongolimento member
edited December 2014 in March 2015 Moms
Responses in the washing thread have me curious if the majority of us are having our showers next month.

Mine is on 01/11. I didn't think about the timing beyond the fact that my entire family is in town then.
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: When is your shower?

• Options
    1/10

-- & I was totally thinking am/pm, as in when will you next bathe.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1/24 and possibly another one in January, but we'll see. My MIL might be putting something together as well, but I have no idea when. Maybe early February.

• Options
    January 18th because I have to go to SAn Diego for it and that's a three day weekend.
  • Options
    Had one 12/6 was trying to avoid driving in bad weather and then shower locally 1/24.
  • Options
    1/25....

Off to read the washing thread.

But it's OK. Because:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Jan 4th. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    January 17th
  • Options
    January 10th
  • Options
    January 4. My family is complaining that it's too close to Christmas, but my mom already put a deposit down. Plus, she had her heart set on this tea house venue and that was the only available date.

I really just want everyone to celebrate. I'm not looking for everyone to bust their bank after Christmas! Drama rama...
    Pregnancy Ticker
    For SuzyQ and all the M15 losses

• Options
    Mine too is Jan 24th. It was Harding deciding on a date as I'm due March 7th but having a c section a week earlier and with the holidays didn't want December or friend who is hosting her son turns 1 Jan 8th with party on the 10th so we really only had like 2 weekends to choose from.
  • Options
    My mom's best friend and her sister both wanted to host a shower for me so I have two coming up.  One on 1/25 and the other on 1/31.  Completely different guest lists, of course.  I'm relieved @katydid2014 has similar shower dates since we have the same EDD!  I was kind of scared those dates were cutting it too close to the wire.
  • Options
    Mines going to be on 1/24 so around 34 weeks pregnant for me.
  • Options
    I'm having one for my husband's side of the family on 1/18 and one for my family and friends on 1/25. I didn't really want more than one shower, but my MIL didn't want to work with my mom, so I'm having 2.

Is anyone's SO going to a non co-ed shower? My H wants to go to one, but is that weird?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My aunt and cousins are throwing me one on January 10. It's a walk-in shower, so no games or anything.
  • Options
    MalVoughMalVough member
    edited December 2014
    February 8... but I'm due at the very end of March, so it still gives me plenty of time to finish the nursery and what not.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 28 | SO: 28
    BFP: July 22, 2014 | EDD: March 28, 2015
    For Suzy and all M15 Loss Moms
  • Options
    We are not having a baby shower, we are having a meet the baby after.
  • Options
    Another 1/24 - I'll be 32 weeks.  My extended family surprised me earlier this month with a shower at our annual holiday get-together, which was really nice.  I know my mom has been shopping for the baby for Christmas, too.  

We have pretty much what we need to bring baby home, except some diapers and I think I have to wait until March to get my pump through insurance.  I'm getting a car seat from a friend, but if that falls through I think we should have no problem picking one up well before due date.  (I don't think it will fall through but the friend is still using it.)
  • Options
    I think mine is 1/17, with 1/24 reserved in case of snow.
  • Options
    @katydid2014 & @wishiwaspreggo Mine is on 1/31 as well. It's just slightly over a month before my due date. Even if I'm huge and uncomfortable, I'll still enjoy it simply because I'll have my family and closest friends around me to celebrate! My mom is coming in from SC for the shower, and then will be staying with us until after he is born.

I'm not 100% sure but have heard mention of some of my office-mates throwing me a shower at work too. I'm sure it'll be some time in January as well (if it happens).
  • Options
    jennypm said:
    Supposedly, on January 18th, but I'm really not looking forward to it. This is my 3rd baby, but H's first and his mother and sister want to throw a shower, in their hometown, for us. At Thanksgiving, MIL basically admitted that the only reason she even wants to throw the shower is to see what her family will actually do and/or bring. She claims that she's done so much for them, now it's time for them to "do" something for her. I'm totally not cool with this and discussed as much with H, so I'm not sure what's even going to happen. 

What does your MIL think she is going to get out of it?

That would make me insane BTW.

But it's OK. Because:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    January 18th ...because we always plan parties or get together on a Sunday..
  • Options
    Yikes! I just starting talking to my friends and family about it and we were planning for early March (I'm due on the 31st) because I'm worried about travelling in bad weather in Jan. & Feb. (I'm driving from Baltimore to Philadelphia for my shower). Am I cutting it too close??
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Wow! It's funny how most of the board is having their showers in the same month. Since there's no timing rules, I assumed we'd be all over the place.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My mom & MIL are doing a joint shower Jan. 3rd. My mom is going on a month long vacation with her fiancé, so that's why they decided on such an early date.
  • Options
    (Another) January 24 for the out of state shower thrown at my grandmother's house by my aunties, and February 7 hosted locally by my mom. I'm a little stressed out about the whole shower thing on 2 counts: (1) I myself was born at my own out of state shower 6 weeks early (in a hospital, of course, but Mom's water broke during the party!) also hosted by my aunts at Grandma's for my mom, so I have this irrational fear of the same thing happening to me! (2) My mom called dibs on hosting the local shower and has refused offers of help from the in-laws, but is now trying to rope me into planning it for her, which feels a little icky...
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo I feel like it is a little late too because I'll be 35w by then so I'm just worried about how huge and uncomfortable I may be.  I'm also a planner so I won't have much time to figure out what we will have left to buy ourselves, make returns/exchanges, and finish organizing the nursery.  But I also didn't want it to follow too closely to the holidays since I'm sure some people's bank accounts are hurting like mine after Christmas presents!  I think it will work out fine though and it is kind of a happy medium. 

Yeah, I had the same fear about the holidays being too close.  Eh, I figure if I'm really uncomfortable I'll just be honest about it and let everyone wait on me ;) C will be in charge of returns and exchanges.  Happily we've been working hard on the nursery now so we won't have to do too much later.  I have a feeling I'm going to be a beached whale during my final weeks of pregnancy.

• Options
    No shower for me
  • Options
    Mine is February 7th... I am alittle nervous after reading everyone elses that it might be late!  I am due March 14th but will be induced a least a week early! So mine will be about a month before I deliver.  I think the time will fly though because my January is filled with classes!
  • Options
    My coworkers are throwing me one on 1/15 and my family and friends shower is 1/17, it will be a long weekend for me (off of work-holiday on Monday) so it will be a good opportunity to sort and put away baby items!
    Me: 29, DH: 29
    TTC since March 2014
    BFP 6/23/2014
    EDD: 3/3/2015 BOY! Connor James

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    salmphilsalmphil member
    edited December 2014
    January 17 is the one for my friends/in-laws. Since we discovered my sister kinda needs her own shower to host, I understand she's throwing one for my side of the family sometime in Feb (I'm due late March.)

Shower politics. Woof. I'm eternally grateful for the generosity, but egads.
  • Options
    My mom and 2 close friends of hers are hosting a shower for me on January 31st. I'll be about 32 weeks. 

My MIL and SIL are going to throw a meet the baby party in my husband's hometown for their side of the family in the summer, probably in June before I go back to work.Is anyone else having a party after the baby arrives as well?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Not really sure. My aunt offered to throw me one with just family. I accepted but haven't really heard to much back.

A friend also offered and I haven't heard much back from her either.

Not really sure what is going on. I know a lot of people want to come to a shower, just no one seems to want to throw it.
  • Options
    Ours is super late, 2/21. I will be 37 weeks? But it's my second child, and honestly I didn't want a shower. B/c my DS is 15 months and I feel like we had one just a year ago..which we did. My friend insisted, so I know now I sound like a jerk...but I was in that "no second shower" boat. So it's a "sprinkle" just some good friends very low key and I'm not registered or anything of course b/c I don't expect gifts.. 

I just feel a little awkward about it all, and super flattered that they wan to be so sweet, but awkward none the less.. 
  • Options
    I'm not having mine till February 7. My sister and I just started planning it :) well my sister is planning it, I'm just getting the invitations ready. I didn't want to have it early and have everything just sit around for a long time.
  • Options
    Add another Jan 24th to the list, originally it was Jan 4 but it's taking place at my parents house (hosted by my BFF) and they will have Christmas company leaving then and just seemed too rushed. I'm due March 11.
    For SuzyQ0525 and all the loss moms.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

March 2015 Siggy Challenge - Animals being jerks

• Options
    kmvisiolikmvisioli member
    edited December 2014
    Mine is this Saturday, 12/20, since H and I will be in my hometown for Christmas. I'm actually rather anxious for it, since it sounds like my sisters invited a lot of people, and being center of attention isn't my cup of tea. Hopefully I can just relax and enjoy celebrating baby!

Eta: due 3/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"