March 2015 Moms

When is your shower?

13»

Re: When is your shower?

• lib1974lib1974 member
    edited December 2014
    Mine is on December 27th when I am visiting family in Oklahoma, that way I don't have to fly back again. My work is throwing me one in Jan and I'm having a third one that some friends are throwing me where I live in Arizona Feb 8th. Yes I get three showers, and I am loving every minute of it. This will be my first (and probably only) child at 40 and first ever showers of any kind so I'm soaking it up! Very grateful to say the least
  • Aeml1985 said:

I don't think I'm having one, I know they aren't mandatory but as s FTM I'm a little sad that none of my family or friends want to celebrate.

I would throw you one! I love planning parties.
  • Loading the player...
  • Not having one. All my friends are in the US, (that would know me enough to want to throw one). A bit sad about it, but we've got most of our own baby gear, so should be good! :)
  • My SIL is throwing me one in Mexico with my family only - cousins an aunts- on 1/31. Then my BFF is throwing one in LA for friends and coworkers on 2/7. The latter one has been kind of stressful. My EDD is 3/8 and they were picking a date in Feb. that was close to my due date bc of my previous loss. Everyone has been kind of gun shy to celebrate. I get it but I've also said a million times I am fine. This baby is fine. It's a totally different story. I can't complain. I just wish people weren't treating this pregnancy with such caution, if that makes any sense.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My husband's grandma is having a brunch sometime in February which is scary cause that's my due month, I have a ten year old from my first marriage and had a huge shower and didn't really want another however his family wanted to do something. His mom is passed away so his grandma asked his sister to ask me if its ok. I didn't have the heart to say no. It's going to be a small affair with nobody from my first shower in attendance and I didn't mention my registry. I'll probably get flamed for this but oh well.
    autism photo: AUTISM autismglitter.gifBabyFruit Tickerphoto d61f26e5-4fb2-4a0b-b301-b0af2b53d4d3.jpg
  • Aeml1985 said:

I don't think I'm having one, I know they aren't mandatory but as s FTM I'm a little sad that none of my family or friends want to celebrate.

I would be sad, too. Hmmm. Why don't they want to celebrate?
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mine is a surprise so I have no idea :-) , but I was just asked to give my mother my address book so Im guessing it is in the works 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

photo march_zps6c968eb7.png
    BFP! June 25, 2014        EDD: 3/4/15
    Married May 2011 
    Me 27 -- DH 31 
    Loving parents of 2 beautiful chihuahuas 
  • I went home for Thanksgiving and my sister and mom threw me one of the 29th of November. Kinda early but we had already planned that trip months before I got pregnant and all of our family and friends live in the same area so it worked out.
    When my SIL was pregnant with her first, and due in January, we threw her a shower Labor Day weekend, because that's when she and my brother were coming to visit (we're in MA, they were in MD at the time).  It worked out great for them!  They knew what they had and what they needed early on.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers photo 401ba615-b560-419d-8272-b89fb96034ec.pngphoto sushilovers.png

• mwerrenmwerren member
    edited December 2014
    As a FTM at 36 I felt awkward with the idea of even having a shower. Well, my mom and cousin have decided to throw one for me on January 24th. Because my mom is totally like Lucile Bluth, it is a co-Ed party and she is planning on an evening affair with booze and what not. I didn't even register anywhere, because I feel super weird about anyone buying gifts for us (we are financially well off and I just feel it is wrong for me to be gift grabby when I can buy my own shit).
    Anyhow...not really looking forward to it, especially considering she's invited 50+ people 8-|

Pregnancy Ticker
  • corabrie my SO will be going to the shower my MIL and sister are throwing for me on Feb 7th. Im due March 7th. Problem is I've gone into labor a couple times and the Dr thinks this baby is coming before then. So hopefully it will be a baby shower and not a interdiction to baby boy Riley. Lol.
  • No shower for me as it's our third boy. Although being thrown a few diapers or gift cards would be nice :) maybe we will do a meet the baby thing afterward.
  • This is our second so we won't be having a shower. My office will do a small lunch thing. I will probably have a. Sip and see around the end of April.
  • My best friends from high school/bridesmaids are spread out in Georgia, South Carolina, and DC so they're throwing one tomorrow while everyone is in town for Christmas, but it's basically just us and our moms.
    My SILs are throwing one January 18 also.
    September Siggy Challengeimage
    Baby #1 
    Married: July 2011 TTC October 2012
    Diagnosed IF: Summer 2013 - PCOS
    Clomid cycle #1: 50mg BFN Clomid cycle #2: 100mg BFN
    IUI #1: Clomid 100mg BFN May 2014
    IVF #1: 13 eggs retrieved on 5/21/14, 11 fertilized, 5dt of 1 embryo on 5/26/14, & BFP 7/2/14!!!
    1st Beta: 286 2nd Beta: 770 3rd Beta: 3735
    EDD 3/14/15

image       image       image
  • @katydid2014 Our showers/due dates are the same.  I'm a bit nervous having it that late.  But like most of you have said, I didn't want to burden everyone right after Christmas.  I was thinking maybe mid February, but that is probably pushing it.
    BFP 6.27.14

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My baby shower is going to be January 3 because it's the only time my mom can take off work and go to Florida with me to see my family. My due date is March 5th :p
  • I feel guilty even having one. My husband and I were married about 8 months ago, so I feel horrible that anyone would have to shell out more money (including both mine and my husbands families) after our bridal shower and wedding gifts/presents/money that we were given. I honestly don't even know if I am having one. While I would love one so I could see family members and celebrate the 1st grandchild/great grandchild (parents are divorced) on my husbands side, no one has even bothered to ask me for a list of people to invite, baby registries, etc. We shall see
  • Mine is Feb 7th (I'm due March 7th). I think I am more excited for my shower than I was for Christmas!!! Not only baby gifts, but to see my family and friends I haven't seen in forever!
  • What is everyone wearing for their shower?? Mine are pretty casual at family members homes, so I am thinking sweater dress with leggings? I don't know if I should be more dressed up....

I'm wearing a blue dress from ASOS with grey tights underneath
  • Last night my friend and I decided on the date for the shower she's throwing me- February 14. I can't wait to celebrate and I think a Valentine's Day shower for my baby girl will be so sweet!
  • What is everyone wearing for their shower?? Mine are pretty casual at family members homes, so I am thinking sweater dress with leggings? I don't know if I should be more dressed up....

With New England weather and the fact it's at my in-laws house, I'm planning on either a simple navy dress or cords and a sweater. Practical is going to trump dressy (and I don't want to buy something new that I may get to wear once).
  • Same due date and shower date!
  • Jan 10! My sisters are throwing it! I also had a small family shower during thanksgiving weekend for my inlaw's family.. I am very grateful for all the kindness
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP 8/28/07, M/C 11/10/07

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

My BFP Chart|DIY obsessed

• I've turned down a couple since this is #2, and we've pretty much bought everything we need. Found out today my bestie is planning a surprise shower, which is sweet. Never tell the big mouth about surprise anything because they will spill. Now I need to work on my surprise face :)
  • Mine will be 2/21 as well. I was kinda scared that it seemed late; considering I am due at the end of March, but as others have stated there are prior obligations due to the super bowl and Valentine's day. I will be almost 36 weeks, but I am just great full that I will be having one as I am a FTM.

I think a dress! I definitely want to make sure whatever it is photographs well! Christmastime pictures did not turn out the way I hoped!
  • It looks like I may end up with 3 seperate showers, I guess its good so that it will be smaller groups of people because even with people I know, I don't do large crowds. I was stressing because nobody has really given me details of when and where for any of them, now reading that most of you are having them in January, I am really freaking out. I don't do well with last minute plans and if people are going to be giving us things, I'd like to know what so we can start getting the other things we need!

Sounds cute! As the guest of honor, I'd say you *could* go dressier if you'd like but certainly wouldn't have to... I've just ordered this in navy for my showers: https://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/ingrid-isabel-shirred-nursing-friendly-maternity-dress/3844255?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=536&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-2_1_A
  • Mine is on Feb. 7th. I'll be 34wks.
    Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"