Birth Stories

Painless labour ?

Did anyone on here have a easy natural labour ?? No screaming just pushing ? I dreamt of that lastnight, just wondering if it's possible lol . Knowing my luck it will be the opposite haha

Re: Painless labour ?

• Me, but I had an epidural.  I labored on my own for 16 hours before getting any pain meds without screaming.  After labor, only took motrin and tylenol for pain for a weekish.  I would've done totally natural, but had to be induced with Pitocin, so I opted for the epi. 
    Egg Retrieval - Feb. 2013 -> OHSS.  FET#1 - June 2013(failed). FET#2 - October 2013(success!) Griffin Alistair: 6#10oz 20" long, born 6/19/14 @ 4:04am
  • I did, check out Hypnobirthing or Hypnobabies.  I had an amazing experience both times using what we learned in our Hypnobirthing class!  I can honestly say that the only time I felt actual pain was at the very end, 'the ring of fire'.  Other than that, labor and pushing was intense, took all my focus, but I wouldn't label it as 'pain'.  I hummed through my contractions, but wasn't screaming and did not feel out of control.  I did let out a small scream with my second right as he was coming out, again 'ring of fire', but other than that, it wasn't bad at all :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a painless labor. I wasn't wuiet but I didn't scream. I was just as loud as my previous labor that was actually very painful, but I was relaxed and my tone was controlled both times; low moans on long exhales through contractions. I felt the ring of Fire both times as well but they weren't that bad. The only problem with a painless labor is that it's really hard to know if it's the real thing or not or, if you are having a hospital birth, when to go to the hospital. I was lucky that I planned a home birth with my second baby because I thought I had hours left still when I started pushing and she came 6 contractions later. No way I would have even made it into the car before she was born.
  • I wouldn't call it painless, but it went so fast I didn't have time to scream.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Tons of pain, but no screaming. Just low, deep moaning. It really helped me focus through contractions.
    *TTC since July 2010
    *BFP #1- 11/12/12, m/c 11/16/12 @ 6 weeks
    *BFP #2- 1/23/13 EDD 10/4/13  

*Emma Rose: 10/8/13

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

March '16 December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie/Quote
  • I had a relatively painless labor and delivery (and it was fast once it got going). I tried an epidural but it failed for some reason so the contractions did wear me out a bit, but once I hit the active labor stage it only lasted five minutes, I didn't make a sound and it only took a couple of pushes before my son was born. If it weren't for the fact that my husband, sister, mom, OB and nurses all confirmed for me that it was in fact that quick and easy, I'd have thought I dreamt it hahaha But it was one of my favorite experiences ever, I had a lot of fun with it :)
  • I wish I could say I was able to make it through without screaming, but with both pregnancies, I had an epidural. It seemed like once I got past an 8 (or once the babies had descended past a certain point), it didn't work any more. I screamed my head off like a flipping banchee.
    Pregnant with #3, after thee, three's complete!!
  • 1st time I was induced with an epi. (In hospital 26 hrs - pushing for 3hrs) Didn't hurt until push time when it wore off and I screamed a little and tore a little. It took 2 weeks until I felt like I had recovered. 2nd came so fast I had to go natural and it hurt incredibly. I screamed with one big push and done. But it was over much more quickly and I recovered much faster. (10 min. From time I entered ER to delivery. Luckily I live 10 min. from the hospital)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"