October 2014 Moms
Options

Sunday Funday Randos

Re: Sunday Funday Randos

• Options
    Hugs @windwithfingers‌. You are an amazing mom and inspiring person.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    All I want to do today is lay around and nap when DS naps. But we need dog food and groceries and misc. baby items. Looks like we are headed out for errands shortly.
  • Options
    My beloved medela died today while I was pumping.. :( I think the motor just burned out.. after 5 years and three babies I cant say im all that surprised.. thank god I bought a manual pump!
    Do you have insurance? You better believe I'm getting a new pump every time I have a baby.
    Oh I never told you guys that the assholes in my state got together and decided not to cover breast pumps. Old Republican men are the worst...I bet my IUD is also not covered!
    Fuuuuuck that. My pump was 100% covered. I think I'm eligible to get one every calendar year. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Serious question. I mentioned using white noise, and my husband said he read somewhere that it's bad for their hearing. 

I wanted to use it to get her to STFU and stop grunting.
  • Options
    SPurp13 said:

Serious question. I mentioned using white noise, and my husband said he read somewhere that it's bad for their hearing. 

Never heard that. And it worked like a charm for me last night.

image         image

• Options
    @windwithfingers‌ I can't even imagine. You are such a strong person and your son is lucky to have you as a mamma. I'm going stir crazy. I asked the pedi office when it would be ok to take LO out and was told the pediatrician would talk about it at her 2 month appt. Also they recommended not to have people that didn't grit the flu shot over. Of course my friends have not gotten the flu shot and aren't planning on it. :(
  • Options
    SPurp13 said:

I heard this too...
  • Options
    SPurp13 said:

My beloved medela died today while I was pumping.. :( I think the motor just burned out.. after 5 years and three babies I cant say im all that surprised.. thank god I bought a manual pump!

Do you have insurance? You better believe I'm getting a new pump every time I have a baby.
    Yes.. its out on loan though :(
  • Options

SPurp13 said:

Oh I never told you guys that the assholes in my state got together and decided not to cover breast pumps. Old Republican men are the worst...I bet my IUD is also not covered!
    That'll be Michigan next probably.. good old Snyder and the gang passed a law that you have to buy a special rider for your insurance to cover abortion, and if I read it correctly that includes d&c.. the legislation for it came out last year just weeks after I had my d&c for my mc at 13 weeks.. sad. Sad. Sad
  • Options
    The Inlaws just left...I don't mind their visits but the weekend goes by and I feel like I don't see DD or DH at all. The Inlaws want to hold her literally the entire time they are here, which I understand, but what pisses me off is when I say she needs to eat and they don't believe me and keep holding her til she is in a melt down. I literally stand in front of them with my arms out and they ignore me. Wtf. So I sit extra long with her in the nursery and just say she is a super slow eater.
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Anyone drive a Chevy Tahoe? My car is starting to take a shit and DH's boss has an '04 Tahoe he said he would sell us for $3k. It's been kept in pristine condition, so I think it is a pretty good deal..but a little nervous about it being a gas hog.

image         image

• Options
    @Kaylajade8911‌ I think you are justified in being annoyed. That would piss me off. If she had asked to go with you to see it or something like that it would be different.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married 11/5/11
  • Options
    So today is my friend's birthday and our group wants to go to dinner. They are willing to go early, but I am nervous. Noah is only 3 1/2 weeks and we haven't been out in the evening yet. Should I just suck it up and go? I'm mostly nervous bc he has been cluster feeding in the evenings and I haven't NIP yet. I just need some perspective.
  • Options

DDs one month appt was rescheduled for two weeks later because the pedi was sick. Now her appt is Tuesday and she will be 1.5 months old, and the weather just forecasted an alert for a lake effect snow watch through Tuesday night - possibility of a foot of snow. I'm stressing. Do I reschedule again and put off her appt for possibly another week or two? I feel like it's too dangerous to take her out in bad weather. Will she be ok waiting until possibly 2 months for a check up? :(

Our pediatrician doesn't do a one month check, so after two weeks we wait until two months.
  • Options
    I am shedding so badly.  I made a batch of muffins and keep finding my hair in them   :-&
  • Options

So today is my friend's birthday and our group wants to go to dinner. They are willing to go early, but I am nervous. Noah is only 3 1/2 weeks and we haven't been out in the evening yet. Should I just suck it up and go? I'm mostly nervous bc he has been cluster feeding in the evenings and I haven't NIP yet. I just need some perspective.

Not quite the same, but DH and I have gone out to eat a few times for dinner. We make sure to get a booth and I bring my sling with me. Using the sling to help support her and for some privacy, C nurses thought the meal and frequently falls asleep by the end. We enjoy it as it allows us to get out of the house.

Married 10/06

Baby Girl "C" arrived on 10/07/14 (39 weeks, 6 days)

• Options
    SSFC2014 said:
    Leysin97 said:
    @windwithfingers‌ I can't even imagine. You are such a strong person and your son is lucky to have you as a mamma. I'm going stir crazy. I asked the pedi office when it would be ok to take LO out and was told the pediatrician would talk about it at her 2 month appt. Also they recommended not to have people that didn't grit the flu shot over. Of course my friends have not gotten the flu shot and aren't planning on it. :(
    I know it's flu season but I seriously don't understand this line of thinking. We left the house at day 4 and I didn't even think twice about it. If baby has a compromised immune system then it's little different.

Yeah I dunno but now DH doesn't want me to take her anywhere either. He thinks she's too little. So, I can't even run to the store of I need something. I didn't actually get to talk o the dr. about it so @AmandaJean12‌ I don't know if she would say the same thing but it's a small office and the desk made it seem as if that was the Drs opinion. Even offered to talk to the Dr. about pushing her 2 month shots up to six weeks if it meant that much to me. I didn't take her offer but now I'm really wishing I did.
  • Options
    @Leysin97‌ our pedi put it to me like this at 2 weeks: big places, few people is ideal. So if we want to go to the mall, go on a Tuesday morning not Friday night. I can't imagine not going anywhere for a month. Id go nuts
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married 11/5/11
  • Options
    How do I use the blue booger sucker? I'm scared to use it. I got the Little Remedies saline drops.

He sounds a little stuffed up, but I don't see any boogers. It looks too big for his little nostrils.

HALP, I suck.
  • Options

SPurp13 said:

SPurp13 said:

Fuuuuuck that. My pump was 100% covered. I think I'm eligible to get one every calendar year. 
    Do you work for the state? How is that possible?...they still have to follow some ACA rules even if they refused the expansion. I live in TX and work for a state university and both is covered.

Yeah apparently the type of insurance I have there's a board and they get together and decided not to cover electronic pumps but they offer like $60 towards one. Biggest shit I've ever heard :-w
  • Options
    SPurp13 said:

:-S how would it hurt their hearing? I have always used white noise and it helps so much. I have one that plays music or nature sounds or a heart beat sound. Ds1 won't sleep without noise. My kids can sleep thru any amount of noise and it's great!
  • Options

I need a little perspective... I have posted recently about us moving into a 1 bedroom house.
    All my mum has done is go on about how small it is and she isn't sure we are 'strong enough as a couple' or how she is shocked we would put our sons first if it means struggling for a while.

I found out that she went to view it without telling us, (she knows the landlord)
    am I being silly for being upset? It could just be because I know she is judging it and because our relationship is poor. But I feel like it's not really her business, it's us living there not her.

I would be pissed! Sometimes as a parent you have to do what you have to do for your kids. If that means you move into a one bedroom house so that you and your kids have a roof over your head, then that's what you do. It is not her business. My mom is super judge too. She calls my house a "starter home" because she thinks it's small...it's bigger than hers. Hmmm.
  • Options

Learning how to BF while walking has been an absolute life saver!

I need this skill. So not there yet!
  • Options
    @angeltennis3‌ my in-laws do this too. I have not yet mastered the skill of snatching the baby back but I'm working on it.

@sweetadeline31‌ I second @theresat858‌. DS just got over heat rash on his face from sweating on my chest while nursing.
    Me: 30 | DH: 4/12/85 - 6/16/14 | Quinn Patrick born 9/28/14
  • Options
    My baby has slept all day and I didn't get a nap. It is going to be a rough night.

• Options
    We survived a baby shower for Dh's cousin. Lo gas actually been napping since we left the party (2 hours) . Hope this doesn't spell doom for our night. He never naps this long.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"