Sunday Funday Randos

MuffinMom14MuffinMom14 member
edited November 2014 in October 2014 Moms
Daddy brushed my hair.

WTF.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sunday Funday Randos

• Options
    Awake. Watching my sleeping LO. My boobs hurt so bad, do I break my rule of not waking a sleeping baby to relieve my boobs?!?!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I spent most of last week with my dad and stepmom, who is a baby whisperer. It was wonderful to have her around to get the kid to calm down and sleep when he needed to. Now they are gone and I'm already missing their help. It's just so nice to have extra baby-holding hands around.

I've been doing combination feeding, using formula once or twice a day. I switched from Enfamil Newborn to Gentlease to help with the fussiness from gas, but now he's angry from being constipated. I don't feel like the infrequent bottle of formula should be allowed to make such a difference!

• Options

Lindzoid said:

Awake. Watching my sleeping LO. My boobs hurt so bad, do I break my rule of not waking a sleeping baby to relieve my boobs?!?!

Hand express a little?
    Giving her a few more minutes, then I am breaking out the pump to get some relief!
  • Options
    DH has the hardest time with nighttime feeds, I ALMOST feel guilty when I ask for help on the weekend. I think he just gets frustrated when she cries.

• Options
    Dani0329 said:

DH has the hardest time with nighttime feeds, I ALMOST feel guilty when I ask for help on the weekend. I think he just gets frustrated when she cries.

This is us in reverse.
  • Options
    DDs one month appt was rescheduled for two weeks later because the pedi was sick. Now her appt is Tuesday and she will be 1.5 months old, and the weather just forecasted an alert for a lake effect snow watch through Tuesday night - possibility of a foot of snow. I'm stressing. Do I reschedule again and put off her appt for possibly another week or two? I feel like it's too dangerous to take her out in bad weather. Will she be ok waiting until possibly 2 months for a check up? :(

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Options
    More Christmas shopping being done today...can't wait to have it be just me and DH (love the kids but)!
  • Options
    Hugs @windwithfingers‌!

We are off to my in laws for lunch. They have been coming over once a week and I am hoping if we go there today, our evenings will be free this week. FX!!

And football Sunday!

• Options
    @windwithfingers‌ creepy Internet hugs to you
  • Options
    @mrscunningham22 He recently learned the word 'cute' so he attaches it to everything. Cute pumpkins. Cute ghosts. Cute dinosaurs. Cute bananas. But he likes them because they are soft to lay on.

@mrssinner402 My pedi said the 1 month check was mostly for new moms to ask any questions. Because I am a BTDT mom, they didn't even schedule Sol until 2 months. Unless you have a medical concern, 2 months should be fine.

@windwithfingers Sending the biggest hugs your way.
  • Options
    LO was fighting sleep hardcore last night. Probably due to a screwed up nap time. I rocked her for almost 4 hours. I might've spent a little too much money buying songs on iTunes. Oops, I'll say I was delirious...
  • Options
    Big hugs to you @windwithfingers‌!
    Me: 37, DH: 42 Married March 22, 2003 TTC since early 2006, Fertility treatments since 02/2013 First Pregnancy with Twins EDD 10.24.2014
  • Options
    Hugs @windwithfingers‌

@MrsSinner402‌ if you have no questions, LO is gaining well, and everything seems ok you can always call the pedi and ask her opinion on rescheduling or just skipping the 1 month period. I know that some practices go right from a 2 week or whenever LO gets above birth weight, to the 2 month. We had a one month and it was essentially a well visit that focused on my outstanding questions.

I'm torn on winter. It's actually my second favorite season, but I'm dreading being stuck in the house bc it's too cold or snowy to take S out. It's dropping into the 30s here this week, and i feel bad taking him out in that!
    Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• Options
    Cantisa said:

Yesterday we went out to MIL's about an hour and a half away. She got mad when we got there because I had to change him and then feed him (neither of which she offered to do), and then mad again because he went to the bathroom as I was feeding him and needed to be changed again. DS doesn't like diaper changes so I usually have to hold and bounce him a second when we're done to console him. MIL wasn't having it and took him as soon as I walked toward the trash. I was laughing on the inside when he started to have a meltdown. Then, when she handed him to DH because she thinks he is the one at home keeping it together, DS was still in meltdown mode. DH handed him to me and he fell asleep after about 30 seconds. Of course this pissed MIL off because she wanted to be super grandma like she thinks she is.

wtf why would it make her mad that you have to feed and change your newborn! TP all the shitty IL's :(
    Agreed! Throat punches indeed!
    photo 98826c1d-49e9-4f18-a2a8-311206877833_zps1c1ec21a.jpg
  • Options
    SPurp13 said:

My beloved medela died today while I was pumping.. :( I think the motor just burned out.. after 5 years and three babies I cant say im all that surprised.. thank god I bought a manual pump!

Do you have insurance? You better believe I'm getting a new pump every time I have a baby.
    Oh I never told you guys that the assholes in my state got together and decided not to cover breast pumps. Old Republican men are the worst...I bet my IUD is also not covered!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"