Trying to Get Pregnant

Miscarriage without BFP

hi, I'm new here. I believe that I was about 4 weeks pregnant but I never got a positive on a test. I had all the symptoms and they were very different than I had ever experienced, so I knew it was only time that stood between me and a BFP. I was max 11dpo when my brown spotting turned red and overnight I was kept up with INTENSE cramping and clotted blood half the night. I've called my doctor and spoke to a good friend that is a midwife and L&D nurse and they both assume early miscarriage and that my levels just weren't high enough to get a positive on a test. I'm really frustrated as I have no idea how it would have happened, plus the uncertainty of knowing if I were truly pregnant is nagging. We just started trying this month so I have no idea what it means for us from here on.

Re: Miscarriage without BFP

• If you were truly pregnant, you didn't do anything to cause a miscarriage. They happen, they suck, and it's incredibly rare to know why.

As for where to go from here, the best advice I have is to read the newbie blog, start temping so you know when you are ovulating, and continue having sex when you are fertile.

Good luck.
    January Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1: 10-25-11, MC: 11-1-11 @ 5w5d
     BFP#2: 12-29-11, DS born September 2012
    TFAS: July 2014, BFP#3: 12-29-14
    , EDD 9-9-15

• Loading the player...
  • I experienced implantation spotting an entire week before my period. I've been regular 28 days since I was 14 (I'm 27 now) and I never spot and never start early. I have been off of birth control for a year. This isn't like period bleeding, it's dissimilar in many ways. I think it's entirely possible that I was pregnant without reading on a home test, as they aren't as sensitive as blood tests. If I ovulated the day that we had unprotected sex, then I would have only been 9 dpo when I first started bleeding red. That's quite early to get a BFP on a home test. My period isn't due until Friday, so I would have been an entire week early after an otherwise perfectly regular lifetime of periods. I guess I can't really know at this point, though.
  • Hi and thanks for your reply! I'm actually not due for my period until Friday and it's never early. I also never spot, and I am about 90% sure I felt implantation as well as had textbook implantation spotting for four days before I had any red blood. My periods are usually pretty heavy, so I'm not surprised by that at all. It was the fever, heavy cramping which made it impossible to sleep and couldn't be reduced by pain medication that made me worry. My bleeding now is much different than a normal period.

Also, I'm not just hoping against everything that suddenly I was pregnant this first month, I just paid close attention to my body, which is suggested by all sorts of forums and medical journals when Ttc. I also consulted my doctor and midwife friend, like I said, who heard the same symptoms that I wrote here and both had the same opinion that I likely miscarried too early to Turn a test.
  • I experienced implantation spotting an entire week before my period. I've been regular 28 days since I was 14 (I'm 27 now) and I never spot and never start early. I have been off of birth control for a year. This isn't like period bleeding, it's dissimilar in many ways. I think it's entirely possible that I was pregnant without reading on a home test, as they aren't as sensitive as blood tests. If I ovulated the day that we had unprotected sex, then I would have only been 9 dpo when I first started bleeding red. That's quite early to get a BFP on a home test. My period isn't due until Friday, so I would have been an entire week early after an otherwise perfectly regular lifetime of periods. I guess I can't really know at this point, though.

I really am sorry that you are going through this uncertainty. But you really have no reason to believe you were pregnant. Actually, hpts are just as sensitive as blood tests. You had an early period. That's not unusual. No matter how many exact 28 day cycles you had, your body can change it up at any time. Please read the book I recommended and you will learn so much. Many many women have cycles that are a couple days longer or shorter than usual and it does not mean they were pregnant. And not every symptom you have must have been caused by pregnancy, maybe you ate something bad or got sick or stressed? I'm unsure about why you are trying to convince yourself you had a miscarriage.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Right, I first had implantation bleeding on what might have been 7dpo and spotted pure brown for 4 days after that before it turned red. Sorry I didn't clarify that earlier!
  • Ok so, I'm really not sure why I posted on here! I was hoping for feedback on moving on from this, whatever it is that happened to me. Instead I'm getting a lot of unprofessional opinions on whether I was actually pregnant. I could have written a book on everything that happened but wanted to keep it short to get to the point. I guess that was my oversight by not covering myself for what the Internet had to say!

I think this time I'll leave it to the professionals and trust what my doctor and experienced nurse and midwife friend has to say. Thanks girls!
  • Ok so, I'm really not sure why I posted on here! I was hoping for feedback on moving on from this, whatever it is that happened to me. Instead I'm getting a lot of unprofessional opinions on whether I was actually pregnant. I could have written a book on everything that happened but wanted to keep it short to get to the point. I guess that was my oversight by not covering myself for what the Internet had to say! I think this time I'll leave it to the professionals and trust what my doctor and experienced nurse and midwife friend has to say. Thanks girls!

TTC # 1 since 11/2013
    Hysteroscopy 10/28/14 - septum removed
    HSG 10/31/14 - All Clear!
  • Ok so, I'm really not sure why I posted on here! I was hoping for feedback on moving on from this, whatever it is that happened to me. Instead I'm getting a lot of unprofessional opinions on whether I was actually pregnant. I could have written a book on everything that happened but wanted to keep it short to get to the point. I guess that was my oversight by not covering myself for what the Internet had to say! I think this time I'll leave it to the professionals and trust what my doctor and experienced nurse and midwife friend has to say. Thanks girls!
    Actually, you didn't ask a single question in your post. Thus, we commented as we felt fit in reply to your non-answer seeking thread. You said you weren't sure how it happened plus you were uncertain you were pregnant in the first place. We responded to that. Stop acting like we veered off track. And to refresh your memory OP is below: 

hi, I'm new here. I believe that I was about 4 weeks pregnant but I never got a positive on a test. I had all the symptoms and they were very different than I had ever experienced, so I knew it was only time that stood between me and a BFP. I was max 11dpo when my brown spotting turned red and overnight I was kept up with INTENSE cramping and clotted blood half the night. I've called my doctor and spoke to a good friend that is a midwife and L&D nurse and they both assume early miscarriage and that my levels just weren't high enough to get a positive on a test. I'm really frustrated as I have no idea how it would have happened, plus the uncertainty of knowing if I were truly pregnant is nagging. We just started trying this month so I have no idea what it means for us from here on.

Married 06/08 started TTC 08/08
    BFP 9/08 Natural m/c (8w3d) 
    BFP 06/09 Natural m.c (5w3d) 
    BFP 9/09 -- Dec. 29th: Juliet Rose born at 20 wks. Love you forever.
    TTC Break 1/10-8/14.
    Results of physical testing = Normal 
    Genetic testing = Balanced translocation
    IVF #1 with PGD Nov 2014 = BFN
    IVF #2 with PGD Start stimming 1/6, ER scheduled 1/16, ET scheduled 1/21 

• mlal78 said:

I experienced implantation spotting an entire week before my period. I've been regular 28 days since I was 14 (I'm 27 now) and I never spot and never start early. I have been off of birth control for a year. This isn't like period bleeding, it's dissimilar in many ways. I think it's entirely possible that I was pregnant without reading on a home test, as they aren't as sensitive as blood tests. If I ovulated the day that we had unprotected sex, then I would have only been 9 dpo when I first started bleeding red. That's quite early to get a BFP on a home test. My period isn't due until Friday, so I would have been an entire week early after an otherwise perfectly regular lifetime of periods. I guess I can't really know at this point, though.

This just makes me angry, as I am sure it does many of others who have had losses.  Why the hell are you trying to convince yourself that you had a miscarriage?  They fucking suck big time.  You had negative tests, you were not pregnant. 

Home tests are actually just as sensitive as blood.  In fact, with one of my losses I tested positive on two different tests, and negative with bloodwork the following day.

You had your period, and it was heavier than normal.

I totally agree. MC sucks, so so badly. I tested positive on 2 different tests as well on a Friday, by Monday seeing my Dr nothing showed up. MC's are not something you want to try to convince yourself about. You weren't pregnant and probably just had a late cycle. Be thankful for that and not having to deal with a loss.
    However, don't let whatever this is/was get to you. Just keep trying. Definitely read he newbie blog and sign up for FF. GL
    Please note that due to the actions of TheBump and their parent company, XO Corporation, I no longer feel safe or comfortable posting regularly on this forum for my pregnancy journey.

If you would like to seek a community of women that can help you at any stage of your journey, please consider joining us at [OUR NEW HOME].

#iStandWithTheMods #Solidarity
    TTGP Acronyms/Newbie Blog
    “I want people to like what I do, but, at the bottom line, fuck ‘em if they don’t.” - Craig Ferguson
  • Where the hell is @littlebunnyfufu?
    Banned.
    Please note that due to the actions of TheBump and their parent company, XO Corporation, I no longer feel safe or comfortable posting regularly on this forum for my pregnancy journey.

If you would like to seek a community of women that can help you at any stage of your journey, please consider joining us at [OUR NEW HOME].

“I want people to like what I do, but, at the bottom line, fuck ‘em if they don’t.” - Craig Ferguson
  • ramaholic said:
    Where the hell is @littlebunnyfufu?
    Banned.
    Oh fuck.  I've been gone and out of the loop.
    It's okay, we love you anyway, Linds. :x

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"