Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Cautiously Optimistic About Joining

Hi PGAL.

I've lurked over here a little since my last loss since I was hoping to 'graduate' from TTCAL before long. I have two kids, both school-age, and a very depressing history of losses due to PCOS and low progesterone. My last loss was in September and was another CP so it was safe to try again right after. I just started getting BFPs today (12 DPO) so I'm still very nervous. My EDD would be 2015-07-14, though I'd probably be delivered before then.

My plan is not even to tell my husband for a couple weeks. He doesn't even know I had a confirmed O this cycle, and I'm so irregular he won't notice AF being late. The last loss was really hard on him and I don't want to get his hopes up if we just have another CP.

This was our last cycle TTC until next year, since the timing wouldn't work otherwise. I'm currently in university, hopefully starting a professional program next year, and won't be able to defer an acceptance if I get in. We really wanted a third child so agreed we'd try, so long as I'm due between academic years.

Right now, I just HAD to tell someone, and it seemed best to talk to people who know what this horrible, stomach-churning mix of abject terror and absolute joy is like.

I hope I'll be welcome here, and I hope to get to know you all.

K
~ K.

PCOS, EDS III, low progesterone. Six early losses (5-8 weeks,) 1 twin loss. Surprise natural BFP 2014-12-17
Ectopic dx and MTX 2015-01-02.

Re: Cautiously Optimistic About Joining

• Options
    Well, I was also hoping to surprise him since we have a short trip (just the two of us) coming up in 2 weeks. It's not only that I don't want him to be hurt again, but it does work out nicely that way.
    ~ K.

PCOS, EDS III, low progesterone. Six early losses (5-8 weeks,) 1 twin loss. Surprise natural BFP 2014-12-17
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats. I agree it might be good to tell your husband. He can help be the real life support for you.

BFP #1: 8/17/13     Due Date: 4/26/14      MMC discovered @ 9w 4d       D&C: 10/2/13
    BFP #2: 12/23/13       Due Date: 9/6/14      MMC discovered @ 8w 5d    D&C: 2/6/14
    BFP #3 8/26/14     Due Date: 5/7/15  

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations and welcome! I too think that you might want to rethink not telling your husband.
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Congratulations but I agree that you really need to tell your husband. Its not just your weight to bear. If I didnt tell my husband and something like a loss happened he would be so livid with me..not to mention broken hearted. 
    .Became a mama to my sweet little boy after 3 years of waiting and praying in October '12. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Miscarried twins from our first IUI cycle. D&C on August 14th, 2014
    Second IUI cycle: BFP
    Beta #1 (13dpiui): 74 Beta #2 (16dpiui): 505 Beta #3 (18dpiui): 1205
    First Ultrasound- 6w2d 110BPM! Our baby has a heartbeat!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!

I agree with all of the PPs, you need to tell your husband now. I think my h would truly be heartbroken if I kept it from him, regardless the reason. And I am a huge blabber mouth so I would probably blurt it out after three hours anyhow! :)

Married August 2003

BFP: January 8, 2012
    Due: September 5, 2012
    DS: August 14, 2012

BFP: November 5, 2013
    Due: July 11, 2014
    MMC Detected d&c: December 29, 2013 12w5d

BFP: June 10, 2014
    Due: February 16, 2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    He has expressed before that he wished I'd wait longer to test because he'd rather not know about CPs because it's such a roller coaster. I told him before that I wouldn't tell him since he feels that way, and he was in agreement, so this is not something I'm deciding unilaterally.

I have lost 5 early pregnancies, plus my youngest's twin. This is a road we've been down many times before so I'm respecting that he'd rather not know.
    ~ K.

• Options
    Welcome and congrats!
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Options
    Welcome and congratulations!

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

• Options
    Welcome and congrats. I've had a lot of CO's so I understand not having much confidence in the early weeks. Could you see your doctor to get betas drawn to see if things are progressing? Can you handle the pain of a CP alone, if it were to happen again? I couldn't go through that without my DH's support. I hope things work out and it won't be an issue!
    I'm going to see my new family doctor hopefully soon to get a couple requisitions for serial betas. She knows we are TTC, fortunately, and I saw her last week and mentioned I had ovulated the week before and would call her if/when I get a BFP. For now, I'm just glad I have a big stash of tests because I love seeing that faint but very much there second line.
    ~ K.

• Options
    Congratulations! I'm sorry for your losses and I hope this will be your take home baby.
    DX: I'm a Recurrent Loser
    Me (35) + DH (37) - Married Sept. 2007
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    BFP#2 11/13/13 - EDD 7/29/14 - M/C at 5w3d
    BFP #3 12/28/13 - EDD 9/7/14 - M/C at 4w6d
    BFP#4 3/27/14 -  EDD 12/5/14 - Girl lost to 45X at 8w6d - D&C 
    BFP#5 10/15/14 - EDD 6/30/15 - M/C at 7w2d
    BFP #6 1/5/15 - EDD 9.16.14 [CLICKY for progress]
    In search of a image

• Options
    Congratulations! Good luck with your betas! 
    There is no way I could go through this without the support of my husband. I hope  you're able to find some support here or with someone else in your life, there is no reason to go through the waiting and anxiety alone.
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• Options
    Welcome and congratulations!
    **********************siggy/ticker warning**********************

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
    http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing with us! And congratulations. I am sorry for your losses. Ill keep you in my prayers for a healthy pregnancy!

((Hugs and Love))
    Emren0316 
  • Options
    :::lurking:::

So are you not going to tell your H if you have another loss? Just hide it from him completely? This rationale makes no sense to me. It's his baby too. From your earlier response, he said he wished you wouldn't test so early....but you DID test so that negates that opinion.
  • Options
    *lurking* I'm glad to see you intro here, congratulations!
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Met: 4/25/2004, Married 8/14/2010
    Off BC 1/2013 TTC (actively) since 5/2013
    5/2014 started testing with RE, me:  HSG normal, normal AMH, no cysts; DH: great sperm
    Unexplained IF + unexplained anovulation (post-pill vs hypothalamic)

7/2014 Clomid (monitored) + TI: BFN
    8/2014 Clomid (monitored) + TI: BFP #1: 9/12/2014, EDD 5/22/2015, MMC 10/11/2014 8w1d
    11/2014 Clomid + Novarel + IUI 12/5/14: BFFN
    12/2014 Comid + Novarel + IUI 1/3/15: ???

**PgAL/PAL welcome**

• Options
    Congratulations and welcome.
  • Options
    Welcome and Congrats on your BFP! It's a scary time but the best thing for you and your baby is to stay positive. Everything else is out of your hands. This is your time and your life so you should know best but If it were me I'd tell my husband. Y'all can enjoy this time together and should the worst happen, you can lean on him and each other. This is a happy and scary time and you do not want to do this alone. My DH has been my rock of positivity during all of my times of doubt and meltdowns over fears of loss. But for today, you are pregnant! Enjoy this, you are pregnant!

Married 12/18/2010   BFP#1 4/1/14   MC 5/6/14   D&C 5/13/14  BFP#2 10/5/14

BabyFetus Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    SeaParrotSeaParrot member
    edited November 2014
    I will probably tell him after the fact if we lose this one too - frankly my hopes aren't very high to begin with, given my history. I have a hard time even talking about it in certain terms. Everything is qualified with "if we're lucky," "if this one sticks," "if this time works out...." even in my thoughts.

My husband has expressed to me that he'd rather not know about CPs (realize I didn't make that very clear, sorry!) when we discussed it and I am respecting that. While I realize this is different than what most would do, I don't need any of you to understand it or agree with my decision to delay telling him. It's not like I'm planning to not tell him, I'm waiting a couple of weeks so that I can both surprise him (if things go well, centre myself before telling him if they don't) and avoid having to drag him through the roller coaster of uncertainty with me which, again, is seething he has expressed a wish not to do.

@justanotherphotographer‌ Yay! I agree, we should both stick around here!

~ K.

• Options
    Welcome, congrats and FX that you get to tell your H good news in the coming weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    SeaParrot said:
    I will probably tell him after the fact if we lose this one too - frankly my hopes aren't very high to begin with, given my history. I have a hard time even talking about it in certain terms. Everything is qualified with "if we're lucky," "if this one sticks," "if this time works out...." even in my thoughts.

My husband has expressed to me that he'd rather not know about CPs (realize I didn't make that very clear, sorry!) when we discussed it and I am respecting that. While I realize this is different than what most would do, I don't need any of you to understand it or agree with my decision to delay telling him. It's not like I'm planning to not tell him, I'm waiting a couple of weeks so that I can both surprise him (if things go well, centre myself before telling him if they don't) and avoid having to drag him through the roller coaster of uncertainty with me which, again, is seething he has expressed a wish not to do.

@justanotherphotographer‌ Yay! I agree, we should both stick around here!

Well good for you. If that's the case, why even mention that in your intro? Do whatever the fuck you want. No skin off my back.

My plan is not even to tell my husband for a couple weeks. He doesn't even know I had a confirmed O this cycle, and I'm so irregular he won't notice AF being late. The last loss was really hard on him and I don't want to get his hopes up if we just have another CP.

You are entitled to your fucked up logic.
  • Options

This baby you are pg with is half his. You need to tell him. I don't think it's your choice not to let him know. I couldn't imagine if something did happen and my H had no idea we were even expecting. I strongly believe this is not ok.

Congrats on your pg, op. I wish you the best.

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

BFP 8/2/12 EDD 4/9/13 Addie was delivered 1/4/13 at 26 weeks due to Eclampsia  

BFP 9/15/14 EDD 5/28/15 Please be our R A I N B O W take home baby BOY
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"