February 2015 Moms
Options

hump day spam

Re: hump day spam

• Options
    cls78 said:
    @kefttsc‌ I saw that they charge a overage fee. Does babies R US charge it too?
    It looks to me like they do as well.  We went with the Delta Eclipse. (I liked the Bentley best, but DH really liked the Eclipse best, so that was fine with me.)

Target was free shipping, but then a "dummy charge" was added at $30 each.  My sister called, questioning an additional item, and they apologized for the confusion and removed it.  
    MMC October 2010
    BFP #2 June 3, 2014
    Twins?  You mean two babies?  WOW!
    Team PURPLE!!
    We are excited to meet William Alexander and Harper Abigail in 2015!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @mandamoochie that is GREAT!  Especially after the smelly butt thread

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    nbad311nbad311 member
    edited October 2014

**no judging **

DH and I bought a groupon a while back for a couples'  "Fundamentals of Handguns" class at a local shooting range, because I have zero gun experience (I've never even touched one) and DH thought it would be good to refresh his basics.  I am neither pro nor anti-gun but DH said if I was up to it, it might be good for me to have the knowledge.  Well upon going to redeem it, I see that no pregnant women are allowed on the range at any time.  D'oh!  Looks like DH is going to have to pick a dude friend to be his date for it! 

• Options
    @trin42 honestly I'm not sure. That's a big tag for underwear though lol
    http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f2/7c/80/f27c808876dd02ae89989d3c796a8f30.jpgimage
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    nbad311 said:
    @Racheltherose I haven't had any strangers say anything about my bump BUT I didn't have a random strange man in the mall last week tell me I looked nice.  Totally made my day!  (I may have mentioned this already...)

@PeaceofKia FX for good results for you!!  Also, I LOVE the coat!
    Aw that's very sweet! I'm pretty heavily tattooed so the comments I usually get are about my tattoos and people wanting to touch them... it's a nice change of pace for them to have a new focus lol
    Do you have any tats on your stomach?  If so, have you noticed any differences yet??  I have one right under my belly button and one that sort of creeps on to the left side of my stomach, and they aren't destroyed.... yet.  My aunt has requested I document their demise as I grow huge! 
    Hahaha, what a strange request! I do, I'm about 70% tattooed, actually. I've noticed a small change, but nothing crazy yet. My doctor said only one of them will get crazy distorted, but I don't have anything directly underneath my belly button. Have you noticed anything yet?

I haven't noticed anything terrible yet! 
  • Options
    Yeah.....I'm gonna need to hide siggies this month.....you ladies are killing it, haha. 
      It's a girl!! EDD 2/28/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Guys I need some advice I feel super hormonal and my husband is supposed to be home tomorrow. They were delayed 8 hours in the Yukon due to vehicle trouble. He was in cell service all day yesterday but didn't text me back. This makes me mad because I haven't communicated with you in three freakin months can you PLEASE communicate what is going on? is this changing your plans? All he says is hopefully not. HOPEFULLY NOT? wtf does that mean? so last night I texted him that I am getting frusterated having not idea what is going on, and he texted back at 11 that sorry he was busy all day, he will be back as long as the other guys in the Yukon are not snowed in. Still didn't answer my question. I know he can't say yes or no but its irrationally making me super ragey. I didn't text him back last night or today because I know whatever I put will be bitchy. I know he can't control the weather or vehicle issues but is it so hard to keep me posted on what is going on??? Am I just being crazy? because I feel crazy!
  • Options

Trin42 said:

Do you tip a house cleaner?????

I'm having my house cleaned for the first time today. It's a one-time thing because it's too expensive to have monthly.  It's a small business. I'm pretty sure the owner might be one of the two people cleaning. What's the etiquette?

Ugh. Great question as I'm in the same boat. We've only had one cleaning but I didn't tip. This is one of those instances where I don't think tipping each time is necessary but I will give them a Christmas bonus. 

My mom and sister use to clean houses for a living. No one ever tipped them. My suggestion is if you feek kike you want to ten do it. Im sure theyd love to get some appreciation for their hard work.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    @racheltherose People want to touch your tats? I could understand people asking to see them, but why do they want to touch them?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Feb'15 November Siggy Challenge:
  • Options
    @chickyclg‌ The Madison went on sale back in Aug for $250, so wish I could of bought them then.

I wonder if they will go on sale again?
    TTC since May/June 2012 
    Sept 2013 testing:
    SA #1 Low motility (17%) 
    SA #2 Lower sperm count, but much higher motility
    CD 3 Bloodwork and ultrasound - Normal HSG - Clear tubes 
    Oct/Nov 2013 Cycle 1 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN  
    Nov/Dec 2013 Cycle 2 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    Jan/Feb 2014 Cycle 3 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    2/20/14 Follow up consult RE recommends IVF with ICSI 
    3/10/14 New patient consult with RMA NJ 
    3/11/14 AMH and other Bloodwork to prep for IVF with ICSI at RMA NJ
    3/28/14 Saline Sonogram - All good
    March/April 2014 IVF #1 Antagonist Protocol
    BCP/Bravelle/Menopur/Ganirelix
    4/16/14 ER 26 Retrieved!!!
    4/17/14 Fert Report 22 Mature 21 Fertilized w/ ICSI
    4/22/14 Report #2 15 BLASTS
    5/24/14 FET!!!  (Transferring 2 snowflakes)
    6/2/14 Beta #1 575!!! :)
    6/4/14 Beta #2 2060!!! :)
    6/11/14 1st Ultrasound...Saw 2 Gestational Sacs!!  Beta #3 34,312!!! 
    6/18/14 2nd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 112bpm Baby B 117bmp <3 Beta #4 172,080!!!
    6/25/14 3rd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 150bpm Baby B 158bpm <3 Beta #5 232,134!!! 
    7/3/14 4th Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 173bpm Baby B 162bpm <3 Beta #6 269,228!!!
    Graduated from RMA!!  First appt with OB 7/8/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I never do this because we are really short staffed at work and I feel guilty buuuut I called in sick today. Still battling the bronchitis and back pain. Ugh. I'm so happy though to be sitting on the couch watching terrible day time tv. "This one" is kicking like crazy too! Saw my stomach move for 1st time.
    PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• Options
    McDonalds Monopoly started yesterday!! I don't eat there often but my favorite part is entering the codes online for extra chances to win, lol.
    I went there this morning and was so excited when I saw Monopoly started. I got oatmeal and a med coffee, which are both suppose to have pieces on them. Neither did. I'm angry about it.

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    @Trin42‌ I probably wouldn't tip because I personally feel like people are getting paid for the work. But I'm sure they would appreciate it.

@cls78‌ I have a crib from target but I can't remember if it's a delta. buuuut it's held up great. We love it.

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• Options
    I was just pricing some things online. Letters that you paint and hang on the wall are $6.99 at BRU. That would be $41 not including the paint I would need. Ugh too much money I'll look at walmart I think and try to save some money.

• Options
    krendel said:

I was just pricing some things online. Letters that you paint and hang on the wall are $6.99 at BRU. That would be $41 not including the paint I would need. Ugh too much money I'll look at walmart I think and try to save some money.

I got some at Michael's for about 2.99 each.

Michaels!!!
    TTC since May/June 2012 
    Sept 2013 testing:
    SA #1 Low motility (17%) 
    6/18/14 2nd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 112bpm Baby B 117bmp <3 Beta #4 172,080!!!
    6/25/14 3rd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 150bpm Baby B 158bpm <3 Beta #5 232,134!!! 
    7/3/14 4th Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 173bpm Baby B 162bpm <3 Beta #6 269,228!!!

image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    You can get all sorts of painted letters, decals or hanging signs on Etsy for super inexpensive.  Our decals will be less than $20 for each name.
    MMC October 2010
    BFP #2 June 3, 2014
    Team PURPLE!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Trin42 said:

nbad311 said:

**no judging **

DH and I bought a groupon a while back for a couples'  "Fundamentals of Handguns" class at a local shooting range, because I have zero gun experience (I've never even touched one) and DH thought it would be good to refresh his basics.  I am neither pro nor anti-gun but DH said if I was up to it, it might be good for me to have the knowledge.  Well upon going to redeem it, I see that no pregnant women are allowed on the range at any time.  D'oh!  Looks like DH is going to have to pick a dude friend to be his date for it! 

nbad311  Last week our date night was going to the shooting range. It was my 3rd time shooting a gun in 2 years.  DH is a hunter and my mom got him an annual membership for Christmas the last two years.  I didn't see any signs at the range but there aren't employees to question or in force things either, just a keycard to get in.  We went to the outside range (so less echoing) and shot 22 rifles which were much quieter than his pistol, other rifles, and shot gun.

Did it say why pregnant women weren't allowed? I honestly had a split second thought of not doing it but the baby is cushioned from sound and the shots were definitely quieter than going to a concert were the noise is louder and constant.

Dh went yesterday to an indoor range and begged me to go. I told him I didn't want to over and over. Luckily I didn't because he came home and said no pregnant women were allowed in the range. I think an outdoor range might be different.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    cls78 said:

@lilybug319‌ What delta collection. I was looking at the haven.

I have no idea which one so here's a picture! Hope that helps.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Maybe I am from the dark ages, but I never realized you could go on "treks" in Google Maps. https://www.google.com/maps/about/behind-the-scenes/streetview/treks/

I just toured the Pyramids of Giza and Venice. Now I am addicted and I am not going to get any work done today......

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @oem617 I would have been too, i wasn't paying attention to the sign and ordered a mocha frappe with my meal this morning only to realize that HOT mcCafe beverages have pieces...so hot chocolate until october 27th it is!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What I'm Looking Forward to After the Babies Arrive
    Bringing them both home...UPDATE...The girls are home!!! 1/7/15 after 20 days in the NICU!

• Options
    Oem617 said:

McDonalds Monopoly started yesterday!! I don't eat there often but my favorite part is entering the codes online for extra chances to win, lol.

I went there this morning and was so excited when I saw Monopoly started. I got oatmeal and a med coffee, which are both suppose to have pieces on them. Neither did. I'm angry about it.

I'm not allowed to play :( MH works for a company that works closely with all areas of McDonald's (packaging, distribution, etc) and I guess there was an "incident" years ago. Now all immediate family members are not allowed. Another case of 1 person ruining it for everyone. Boo!

• Options
    triplej9 said:
    Maybe I am from the dark ages, but I never realized you could go on "treks" in Google Maps. https://www.google.com/maps/about/behind-the-scenes/streetview/treks/

I just toured the Pyramids of Giza and Venice. Now I am addicted and I am not going to get any work done today......

Cool! Have you typed in walking directions from The Shire to Mordor? Pretty funny. :)
  • Options
    HailsMom said:
    @racheltherose People want to touch your tats? I could understand people asking to see them, but why do they want to touch them?
    People are convinced it "feels different" You would be surprised at the amount of people that have no shame in petting me or literally moving clothing aside to see more

Pregnancy Ticker

January Siggy Challenge:

Being able to get out of bed on the first try

• Options
    kefttsc said:

cls78 said:

It looks to me like they do as well.  We went with the Delta Eclipse. (I liked the Bentley best, but DH really liked the Eclipse best, so that was fine with me.)

Target was free shipping, but then a "dummy charge" was added at $30 each.  My sister called, questioning an additional item, and they apologized for the confusion and removed it.  

@kefttsc‌ Was it the oversized shipping that they removed.

@cls78‌ I know, I wanted to just buy them and almost did. I read online that they do a big baby sale like that every quarter. So if I don't get them for my shower we are going to try to wait until they go on sale again, but the planner in me is going crazy.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I forgot to mention that I'm slightly anxious about my urine collection results...my urine output was low...only 1000 mL in the 24 hours...that's not a good sign when preeclampsia concerns are on the table, let's just hope I didn't drink enough or something...I hate the waiting...and I don't know if the results will be available by the time I have my appt tomorrow afternoon.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What I'm Looking Forward to After the Babies Arrive
    Bringing them both home...UPDATE...The girls are home!!! 1/7/15 after 20 days in the NICU!

• Options
    chickyclg said:
    cls78 said:

@kefttsc‌ Was it the oversized shipping that they removed. @cls78‌ I know, I wanted to just buy them and almost did. I read online that they do a big baby sale like that every quarter. So if I don't get them for my shower we are going to try to wait until they go on sale again, but the planner in me is going crazy.
    They called it the handling fee.  
    MMC October 2010
    BFP #2 June 3, 2014
    Team PURPLE!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    triplej9 said:

Cool! Have you typed in walking directions from The Shire to Mordor? Pretty funny. :)
    Whoa...apparently the group in Lord of the Rings was REALLY slow!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @chickyclg‌ I just bought my crib bedding and I know once the nursery is painted I will want to start decorating. Not sure if I can wait! My Mom and my MIL is buying the cribs up to $300 each for us, but I was trying to save some money for them.
    TTC since May/June 2012 
    Sept 2013 testing:
    SA #1 Low motility (17%) 

image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @chickenonsunday I need him because my QB has a bye next week so it worked out.  Whoever dropped him this week had 3 QBs on her roster from the draft.  There are people hoarding all the QBs.  In return, I will be a dick and keep him for the rest of the season.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

smg2302 said:

So FFWC?

I work in a library at a university.  This morning I shared an elevator ride with the dean of the library.  I couldn't contain my pregnant lady gas and may or may not have crop dusted him on my way out.

Also, for our FF league, I just picked up Romo.  I feel dirty because he was an example I used for my "ironic" team and he is scoring more points than my current QB.

DAMN YOU! I wanted him.

Lol I think everyone put in for Romo this week. I knew I wouldn't get him but I figured wth. Oh well, I got kyle orton instead.
    http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f2/7c/80/f27c808876dd02ae89989d3c796a8f30.jpgimage
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Ladies looking at Delta Cribs: check out Amazon. I am pretty sure that the one we picked out is a delta and is prime eligible - so free shipping.

Feb'15 November Siggy Challenge:
  • Options
    triplej9 said:

Whoa...apparently the group in Lord of the Rings was REALLY slow!
    Ugh, it doesn't work anymore! Now it autofills street names. Booooo! It used to say, "One does not simply walk into Mordor."
  • Options
    Dh is such an incredibly selfish person.

Ive been calling him every so often. Meaning around every three hours to check on him and remind him about his antibiotics.

I was in the surgeons site reading what it said about what to expect after a bone graft and wisdom teeth removal.

It pretty much said it can be treated with some tylenol or extra steength tylenol. im so angry because we paid a fortune to get that tooth pulled. So now hes missed two days of work when we really need the money.

I think hea milking it because he just stayed awake too late last night.

• Options
    @Trin42 , yes, their website states it under the range rules, but we've never been to the range in person.  Not sure if they enforce it, or if they would even notice my bump (probably yes), but I'm not gonna go breaking any rules at the gun range!  I'm sure DH and I will go eventually, when I'm not with babe!
  • Options
    Trin42 said:
    nbad311 said:

**no judging **

nbad311  Last week our date night was going to the shooting range. It was my 3rd time shooting a gun in 2 years.  DH is a hunter and my mom got him an annual membership for Christmas the last two years.  I didn't see any signs at the range but there aren't employees to question or in force things either, just a keycard to get in.  We went to the outside range (so less echoing) and shot 22 rifles which were much quieter than his pistol, other rifles, and shot gun.

Did it say why pregnant women weren't allowed? I honestly had a split second thought of not doing it but the baby is cushioned from sound and the shots were definitely quieter than going to a concert were the noise is louder and constant.

I haven't read thru all the comments.. but I woudl say it's not recommended bc of breathing in all the gun residue?

****siggy warning****

Me 29/ DH 28
    DH- MFI (low count, 2-3% morph)

IUI #1 January - Clomid, Ovidrel: BFN
    IUI #2 February - Letrozole, Follistim, Ovidrel: BFP 1st beta-25, 2nd beta-56, 3rd beta-45, miscarriage
    IUI #3 April - CD3 U/S 4-10. Letrozole, Follistim, Ovidrel CD11 - Cancelled.. TI w/5 follicles-BFN
    IUI #3.1 May - CD3 U/S 5-6, Follistim start 5-11 thru 5-17, u/s 5-18 3 mature w/ a close 4th, IUI 5-20 - BFP!
                 Beta #1 12dpo - 164 & progesterone - 89!, Beta #2 16 dpo - 1189, 5w3d - u/s shows TWINS!
                 6/19- u/s showed heartbeats! Baby A 111 & Baby B 118, both measuring 6w1d
                 7/3- Baby A hb 170, Baby B hb 166 - both measuring perfect.
                 7/18 - Baby A 165, Baby B 171 - both measuring right on track & moving all around!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
     I just went over my maternity leave plan with my boss. I know it's a little early, but after our scare I wanted to make sure that he'd be OK with even my most conservative maternity leave plan in case baby comes early. I have been hoarding my leave ever since starting here, so I have a nice little chunk saved up. I have enough to cover my 12 week FMLA leave entirely (it is unpaid, but we can sub in paid leave) as well as an 8 week transition period back to full time. He said he was OK with the plan and that he was flexible. I also don't know if I am going to want to take such a long transition- I could be stir crazy and eager to go back to work- but I figured it would be better to ask for the most off in the beginning and whittle it back to less leave if I change my mind later. It's good that he said he'd be flexible.

He said he was OK with the plan, but I feel insanely guilty for taking so much leave. New parents in my office typically take anywhere between 3 and 6 months off full time, so my request is not out of line with what other people have taken.

I think this is just my crazy work-guilt raising its head.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @maple403 I don't think you should feel guilty, you need to do what is the best for you. I don't feel one iota of guilt that I am taking the entire year off for mat leave.
  • Options
    I am subbing to day at a highschool for an Ag class and currently have a class of all boys. They are the best class I have ever worked with. I told them they could talk when their work was over and they are whispering ever so quietly. These classes have been so loud and all over the place that this is just a surprise

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN