Am I mental? — The Bump
2nd Trimester

Am I mental?

This is my first pregnancy. I'm usually a very upbeat, bubbly, positive person and just in the past few weeks (Im 24wks preg) I've done a 180. I'm either extremely irritated and kind of mean or I'm super emotional and crying for no reason. Women tell me I'm normal, but I don't feel normal. I feel like a monster. Any advice?? At this point anything could help...

Answers

• If you don't feel normal, ask your doctor...
    Off BCP in June 2013
    BFP 6/24/14 EDD 3/5/15
    ITS A BOY!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mood swings can be common. We can't tell you if you're normal. Your doctor is who you should be talking to if it's bothering you this much.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    BFP Jan '09 - Tommy born 9/7/09 (Labor Day baby #1!)
    BFP Aug '11 - Bean lost 8/31/11 <3
    BFP Dec '11 - Vinny born 9/3/12 (Labor Day baby #2!)
    BFP July '14 - GIRL! due 3/18/15!
    photo ab87da78-1718-4c39-a259-7d3f3c182832_zpsd2d2f9e0.jpgphoto 23bff2af-a93d-4807-bfba-4e94ad07bf91_zps4189ec14.jpg
    for suzyq0525
    [Deleted User]ordinary1
  • Loading the player...
  • are you having a girl? lol
    BabyFetus Ticker

• If you don't feel right talk to your OB. There could be some depression going on.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

mandi195
  • I'm the SAME way!!!!
    MommaSchmid5
  • If you have to ask.... 

Seriously, though; hormones will affect your moods and attitude sometimes; but if you're feeling like a totally different person, I'd speak with your doctor. 

• I'm not as far along as you but I understand how you feel. Before I was so kind and happy and now I hate everyone. But I have good days too so I'm contribuiting it all to hormone fluctuation. Kinda like when I first went through puberty, I was a major B. I hope you start to feel better soon and do talk to your doc about it.