Cloth Diapering

RandomoniumPandemonium!!!! 9/24

Re: RandomoniumPandemonium!!!! 9/24

• I'm so proud of you for going Stoney! I'm glad you had fun.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • freezorburnfreezorburn member
    edited September 2014
    Oh thank goodness it's not just me
  • Loading the player...
  • TJ1979 said:
    Agreed about the view. Y'all, mil is here for the weekend. Pray for me. If she makes one comment about my weight, I'm packing a bag.
    For her, right?
    I would say that packing her bag is way too nice.  Unless packing her bag means piling up all her crap and throwing it out the front door? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Two randoms:

First, I just got a new Dyson vacuum and I effing love it. I can't believe I've become a SAHM who is actually ridiculously excited over getting a new vacuum. My 20 year old self would be ashamed.

Second, how the fuck do I actually have this much crap in my house?? I feel like this decluttering thing is never going to end. Plus I'm a manatee, so I can't even do much of anything without getting winded. Guys, when are you all coming here for my cleaning party?
    I think I got my dyson when I WAS 20  :\">

• I LOVE my dyson too. I'd save it in a fire.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • Seriously.  I have central vac now and I keep thinking about what kind of accessories I can get for it.
  • Mil was just smoking an e-cig inside my house. I know nothing about these, WWYD?
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • ovenrack said:
    This is probably super uninteresting (edit: and many of you (all of you?) won't have any idea what's I'm talking about), but I have a vent about America's Test Kitchen/Cooks Illustrated/Cook's Country.

Why?!  Why do all three exist?  They're all America's Test Kitchen. Why are there three things?  

Not to mention America's Test Kitchen Feed, which has it's own webpage.  

At least the websites are linked, but it annoys me.  I'm sure that it's because you have to subscribe to some of the websites, and they'll make more money with multiple sites. But there are different TV shows for Cook's Country and ATK. 

WHYYYYYYYY. 
    Because they're wonderful.  And if there were twelve different names that would be okay with me ;)
  • I have secret hopes that Maple's published piece will be in one of the various works of ATK so I can fangirl all over her next time I see her.
  • Thanks @CLLDLL‌. That's my thought too. And it was setting the air purifier off so I don't like it. Just want to make sure that's rational.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • A quick google on second hand effects of ecigs leads me to this. Which would be a great big HELL NO! In my house https://no-smoke.org/learnmore.php?id=645
    I don't even have to read this article to know that I would scream at someone if they pulled out an e-cigarette in my house

• seriously guys….what do I do with my new wool covers? 

the two imse vimse's are super thin with aplix closures.  the other one is like a wool shortie. I think I have a tube of lansinoh lanolin.

• TJ1979 said:

Oh jeez. Thanks SAK. Outside it is.

It's totally rude to do that indoors without even asking, right?

Absolutely!

image imageimageimage

• Not to side with your MIL, because I do think it's rude...but I think Ecigs are allowed in public places, aren't they?  So maybe she didn't even consider that it wasn't okay to do it indoors.
  • Not to side with your MIL, because I do think it's rude...but I think Ecigs are allowed in public places, aren't they?  So maybe she didn't even consider that it wasn't okay to do it indoors.
    no.  there are many states that still ban them indoors because of the chemicals and carcinogens emitted when the person exhales. 

• Mapleme said:
    I have secret hopes that Maple's published piece will be in one of the various works of ATK so I can fangirl all over her next time I see her.
    Omg I want to write for ATK, but I'm pretty sure they don't use contract writers. They always pretend they're in Vermont but they're in Boston and that makes me sad. And @ovenrack‌ I agree about all the different publications. I love ATK but it seems excessive.
    They do have their own staff, but I remember reading an article about writing where the author did a freelance article for them.  So it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility.  
  • Everyone is ignoring meesh still. Sorry I'm no help.
  • Omg he won't say anything to her. He thinks it's fine.

@stoneycakes‌ Whose side are you on here? Jeez!

;)
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • I heard about the E cigs being banned inside b/c there are no studies that show the long term effects on the vapors that those put off.
  • Thanks ITK. I'll bring that up. But his dad and SMIL smoke too so she sees it much more than I wish.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • unaveragejaneunaveragejane member
    edited September 2014
    Someone tell mr what to go bc I'm stumped. L eats every night for about can hour from 8:00 to 9:00. Then he spends an hour dosing off, fussing, and spitting up. By 10:00 (or earlier) he acts like he's starving again. But he keeps spitting up and fussing. So do I feed him to wash down the bile and/or in case he's truly hungry? Or do I just keep walking/bouncing/shushing until he goes to sleep?

ETA He's 8 weeks old. He has gone up to 4 hours bn feeds, but most nights he wakes up every 2 hours or more frequently, even though I have been waking him to feed every 2 hours in the daytime in hopes that he will get most of his calories in the daytime.

• Could he be overtired Jane? Wanting to comfort suck so he can sleep, but getting milk anyway? Are you swaddling? White noise, all that?
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • It's probably never too early to talk to your kids about smoking.

I remember when I was probably about preschool age there was a ton of anti-smoking ads targeted towards kids. And around the same time my little sister was born, so my mom had a woman come a few times a week to help around the house and look after me. Ida was a pretty hardcore chain smoker, but she always took it outside. As a kid I didn't have any idea it was a sensitive subject -- all I knew was that I loved Ida and I didn't want her to get sick, so I'm pretty sure on multiple occasions I tried to educate her on the dangers of smoking! 

It's tougher as an adult -- we're supposed to respect each other's decisions, and maybe respect that even if a smoker wants to quit, it's damn hard. I can only imagine it gets more complicated as an adult child trying to talk to older parents about it.
  • TJ1979 said:

Could he be overtired Jane? Wanting to comfort suck so he can sleep, but getting milk anyway? Are you swaddling? White noise, all that?

Yes to all this except swaddling. He fights swaddled so hard that I felt like that was waking him up more than helping him sleep -- unless we use the SwaddleUp and he can find his fingers. He barely takes a paci, so I think he's using me as one. But he also gets mad when the milk runs out in one side, so maybe he's truly hungry? I don't know

• Thanks, Maple. You're no help whatsoever. Lol!

Actually, I think I needed to hear that it's ok not to rude him to sleep bc yeah, it is still kind if painful. I finally got him rocked to sleep a little after 10:00 last night and he slept till a quarter to 2, this makes me think he's eating enough but having a hard time falling asleep. Right?

• Yeah, sounds like he's having trouble getting to sleep or fighting sleep :(
    London Eye 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• I asked how her trip was. She didn't a
    I have secret hopes that Maple's published piece will be in one of the various works of ATK so I can fangirl all over her next time I see her.
    Omg I want to write for ATK, but I'm pretty sure they don't use contract writers. They always pretend they're in Vermont but they're in Boston and that makes me sad. And @ovenrack‌ I agree about all the different publications. I love ATK but it seems excessive.
    I think they film the TV shows (for like three weeks a year) in Vermont. And Chris Kimball loves Vermont. Meesh, to lanolize, I follow whatever GMD's directives were for my covers. I have one that's super thin. I dissolve a one inch strip of lanolin from a tube into a cup of hot water, then add water to make a bowlful that's sorta lukewarm/warm. Let soak overnight, then gently squeeze (not wring) water out and lay flat to dry.
    I have one with Velcro, just do the same thing. Hot=damn near boiling. Or just straight up boiling. Put it in a towel and roll it up and push on it to get excess water out.
    Perfect. thanks

• Does "well I guess everything really is bigger in Texas" count as a comment about my weight?
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"