March 2015 Moms
Options

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

No random up yet, so I'll start with mine!

I owe a huge thank you, chocolate cake, and scissoring to @MauiBliss‌@jessuhmarie, @frecklesinside, @chrain, @wendyld, @BostonAllison, @meladoriestar, @nomnommama, @ToasterCat, @estamos_tomamos and @chaysefaith!

You all are amazing to work together to get me a doppler, and being able to find the baby's heartbeat right away last night was so amazing and reassuring! Whoever says this board isn't supportive can suck it. They don't know what kind of amazing people they are missing out on.

((Hugs))
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

• Options
    I'm so glad you got a doppler @Peledreamsofrain‌! There is nothing like hearing the heartbeat.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I'm at my 3 hour glucose test. Nothing like that awful sugary drink first thing in the morning.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yay, @Peledreamsofrain‌. We lurve you.
    @MauiBliss‌ old navy usually has some pretty good sales. And check ann Taylor loft online. Look at the clearance section. I like their maternity stuff a lot.

I'm home with a sick toddler. :-/ at first I thought it was allergies but nope, cough and fever. Poor little E.
    BabyFruit Ticker 
      imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @Peledreamsofrain‌ So happy for you! Ladies that was so sweet of you to get her a doppler. You're such kind and awesome people!

Good luck to everyone with appointments today.
  • Options
    Pele, that's so awesome they did that!! So glad you got to hear the hb. You ladies are so sweet!

I have so much mucus build up and congestion that's bothering my throat and making me wake up with the stuffiest nose. And then I'm sneezing a lot. Weather change is getting to me, but I'm loving the dropping temps!! I have a shit ton of work to do today so I'll be in and out. Hopefully it's not Troll Tuesday..

13 weeks 2ma!
  • Options
    Omg you guise. I couldn't keep the drink down and couldn't make it to the bathroom in time. I projectile vomited all over the carpet, two of the waiting room chairs, all over myself, and in my purse. I was horrified (and still am) and started to ugly cry. I'm waiting to get a call from my dr now :(

• Options

My random: I've been battling a stupid migraine on and off for the past three weeks now. It's no fun. It's like I wake up and roll over and the pain is back in my eye socket and I just don't want this anymore. Luckily I've managed to keep the brunt of the pain at bay most of the day while at work, Friday was rough though and I spent the entire afternoon/evening in bed when I got home. Other than these migraines I'm feeling fantastic, which is super nice. I wish they'd just go away so I could, idk, enjoy the second tri a bit?

Also, we registered this weekend and holy overwhelming Batman. We registered for a bunch of small things and then I went home and did loads of research on the big ticket items. We've got infant travel system/strollers narrowed down to two but I'm still very up in the air about a car seat for later after baby is too big for the infant carrier.

STM(+) do you recommend a convertible car seat and if so, which brand? If not, what was your reasoning?

BabyFruit Ticker

"Serious is only something you have to be until you can be silly again."
  • Options
    suzyq0525 said:

Omg you guise. I couldn't keep the drink down and couldn't make it to the bathroom in time. I projectile vomited all over the carpet, two of the waiting room chairs, all over myself, and in my purse. I was horrified (and still am) and started to ugly cry. I'm waiting to get a call from my dr now :(

Omg you poor thing! Big hugs, I know that's embarrassing but I'm sure they deal with situations like that all the time.
  • Options
    suzyq0525 said:

Oh, Suzy. That suuucks.

A work in progress

MMC April 2014 at 6w2d, D&C at 9 weeks

MMC August 2014 at 9w1d, D&C at 12 weeks

CP October 2014

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    MauiBliss said:
    On a random note, it is in the 50s here. To this transplanted AZ person, that is nearly sub-zero Arctic temperatures. I need to buy some cute maternity sweaters but obviously, don't want to spend a lot. Advice?
    You could also get non-maternity cardigans (which is what I did). I felt a lot more comfortable spending money on clothes that I will be able to wear through the pregnancy and after. 
    That's what I do!  I wear my regular ones open.  And Brrrrrr!!!!!  It was cold here in NC this am at the bus stop - mid 50s!  Yikes!  Fall has certainly arrived!
    DS (11), DS (9), DD (7), DS (5), and *surprise* DD (EDD March 3)
  • Options
    So after being all excited about finally getting a new car, my Mazda van, I'm not getting it. The dealership was being really shady about when they would get it in, then said they were still waiting to hear back from the bank about the payoff on my current car, then all of a sudden said they couldn't approve us for the financing rate we wanted and offered us a rate 2% higher than we were supposed to get. So we had to pull the plug. I honestly think they realized they weren't making a lot of money of us and didn't want to go through with it. I'm mega pissed and so disappointed.

And somehow I caught a cold. Last night out of nowhere my throat got really sore and swollen. I slept like crap because of how terrible I felt so I feel even worse today. I don't even know anyone who is sick and I stay at home with DD, how the hell did I catch something?? It's going to be a long day.

And it's H's birthday today. So I should probably go get him a card and make a cake or something for him.

@suzyq0525 Oh my gosh I'm so sorry! That's the worst! Don't think about it too much though, I'm sure you're not the only person it's ever happened to! One day...maybe not for awhile, but eventually you'll be able to laugh about it, so try not to get too down, just make it through and plan to reward yourself with a treat later to help ease the pain of the day.

• Options

@jcar2 My car is on the smaller size (Impreza) so thanks for the angle adjuster tip, I'll probably need it.

The Diono and Britax were the two brands we were considering and we were looking at infant travel systems in both Chicco and Gracco. The Chicco stroller doesn't fold up as small but it seems like it has far more cushioning for when baby is grown and I'm not carrying him/her.

@rquinlin Yes, I've read through that one which is why I decided on the infant carrier instead of just a plain old infant car seat. If the baby is asleep in that carrier I want the baby to stay asleep as long as possible.

@jenny0314 Can you and husband explain to them you'd rather both be there? Especially since this is his first baby and it sounds like they're throwing this shower more for him than you? I think that's a reasonable request.

BabyFruit Ticker

"Serious is only something you have to be until you can be silly again."
  • Options

Last night was the umpteenth night I dreamed of food.  I couldn't decide what to eat and I was hungry.  My parents got us a booth to watch a football game and the table was filled with pizza and candy and money to buy other food if we wanted so I ate a few slices of pizza and went to the food court and couldn't decide if I wanted KFC, Burger King, or a deli sandwich.

SERIOUSLY.

Yesterday I ate a yogurt, banana, a huge plate of Afghani food from our local buffet restaurant (a huge pile of rice, meatballs, lentils, veggies, okra, and chicken - I filled my plate to the point it looked like it was going to overflow and got side-eyed), had a chocolate milk at 4, went home and ate half a tub of cottage cheese, snacked on shredded cheese while I prepared a pizza, ate 3 slices of pizza, a rice crispy treat, and snacked on grapes before bed.

My stomach was growling when I went to sleep.

How much more do I possibly have to eat to be satisfied enough to NOT have a growling stomach at bedtime and subsequently dream of stuffing my face?

• Options
    @Peledreamsofrain so happy for you! finding that heartbeat is such a great feeling. You ladies really are great for doing that! :) 

My random: I am so out of it today. I just feel completely spacey. I just found myself staring at my cubicle wall and I think that was going on for at least 10 minutes. Hopefully my phone didn't ring while I wasn't technically "here"
    CafeMom Tickers

October Siggy Challenge, Halloween Costume Fail

• Options
    @pennypretty‌ hahaha oh man I heard for so long those are the cure all for bad congestion. I really need to suck it up and take the plunge. I'm dreading using one but I know it'll give me so much relief. Thanks for reminding me!
  • Options
    I got 2 pairs of maternity jeans at Target yesterday. I wish I knew earlier how comfortable they would be, I would have bought then earlier
  • Options
    suzyq0525 said:

Geez, I heard the drink was bad but I didn't realize it was that terrible!  I am so, so sorry you got sick like that in the waiting room... that must've been awful.  I'm sure you're not the first though.  My friends told me how sick it made them, too.

FWIW, I once barfed so hard that my vomit flew 15 feet across my kitchen and splatted on my dishwasher.  Who knows how far it could've traveled if that wasn't in the way.  I had some very bad wine the night before and the coffee I drank to cure my hangover did not want to stay in my stomach.

• Options
    @suzyq0525‌ you poor thing! I'm sure they deal with things like that all the time, so don't be to embarrassed!

I second the tips to look at H&M and Loft for maternity (and comfy non-mat) clothes. Reasonable prices for cute stuff!

I have my 16week appointment this morning - thanks for the well wishes and good vibes! I always get just a little nervous before appointments.
  • Options
    @suzyq0525‌ I did the exact same thing when I did the 3 hour with my son. I started feeling cold and the nurse said I turned white and every last bit of it came up. Somehow I made it to the bathroom. They sent me home after. The doctor said to attempt it again the next day and if I couldn't keep it down they d figure something else out. It was no fun! I'm sorry it happened to you though, I know how much it sucks
  • Options
    Yay Pele! That is so awesome!

@suzyq0525‌, ugh, that sucks :( hope you feel better.

Day 2 of "software upgrade". I've spent more time on the phone with tech people than actually writing the reports I need to get done. Eff this. I think I need chipotle for lunch... Or retail therapy.
    For Suzy and our M15 Loss Moms
  • Options
    And I FINALLY got a new bigger bra last night and its amazing how good a bra that actually fits will make you feel! Wish I could say the same for clothes, but hopefully soon I can get some new ones
  • Options
    So great about the doppler, what an amazing thing! My random is I have one can of pumpkin left until I go to the US in 12 (!!) days, what should I make with it?? Another random, 12 days until the US!!
  • Options
    You guys are so sweet for getting @Peledreamsofrain‌ a doppler! Awesome job.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    suzyq0525 said:

Oh no! ((Hugs)) I would have ugly cried too.
  • Options

The ladies on this board rock. Very sweet of you to get the Doppler. @Peledreamsofrain, so happy for you!

• Options
    Normally I don't get a chance to post on the random thread so hooray for vacation!

@Peledreamsofrain‌ I am so happy for you! I have been debating getting one and your excitement may have just persuaded me.

@suzyq0525‌ you aren't the first and won't be the last I promise. Whoever said you will laugh about it someday is so right, don't let it keep you down.

My random is I'm pretty sure this trip to AK to see the friends we left behind when we moved back to OR last summer is going to result in H throwing a tantrum until we move back. I love it here too, but this will be the first grandkid and it would just crush our parents to be so far away. We moved back to be closer... ugh. I told him he has to find a job making embarrassingly good money to justify it.

imageimage

Married August 31, 2013

BFP July 28, 2014 EDD March 26, 2015

• Options
    @Peledreamsofrain That is awesome you found the h/b and I love that we have such a great group of ladies in M15.

@suzyq0525 I'm sorry but I'm sure you're not the first or the last.

I am so sleepy this morning. I stayed up way too late reading last night and I am feeling it this morning. I stopped for a coffee this morning because I just didn't see this morning going well without some caffeine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MC: 2/19/14

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    15w 2da! I'm dying to start feeling movement but nothing so far. I think they said I have an anterior placenta so it may be awhile :( BUT elective ultrasound this weekend to hopefully determine the sex!! 

Also one of my best friends from ttcal and then pgal is delivering her rainbow today. I'm so excited for her!!! Good luck @gingerkid9989‌
    Me too! I am SO ready to start feeling this LO moving around in there! I, too, have an anterior placenta which makes me sad that it could take even longer to feel this baby moving!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"