March 2015 Moms
Options

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

Re: A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

• Options
    Yep just got the call that I have to schedule it again. I'm tempted to just take a fail on it and just monitor what I eat. I know it's better to actually know though.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    @luckystarz‌ They gave me orange. I'm going to investigate to see if they have other flavors next time.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

@wishiwaspreggo I like to call those hungry days or pelican days (because of an absurd rhyme my granfather used to tell me), you just eat and eat and eat and never feel full and still get all growly. They can be frustrating, I hope your stomach cooperated a little better today but I think it's awesome you're dreaming about food. I've been dreaming about having to pee all the time.

@cinderella105 I hate the way you feel like you're shooting water up your nose, but it makes ALL the difference. And you just reminded me I need to go out and get refils (I've had the Neti Pot for upwards of 4 years now and I'm just running out of the original set of packets that came with the pot. My doctor recommended using half a packet each time and it's spread out the need to re-buy like woah.)

Oh hai @haps92907 welcome to the haggard haven.

@meladoriestar I'm also waiting for movement that actually feels like movement and not..wait...was that baby?...or was that gas?...or was that just a rumble in my tumble?

@rquinlin it is always awesome when the air smells of tasty smelling smells from the crock.

Hmmm, sale at Target you say? I do need at least one or two pair of maternity pants for work...

BabyFruit Ticker

"Serious is only something you have to be until you can be silly again."
  • Options
    Okay since we're talking about the glucose tests, my doc hasn't even brought it up. When do they usually do it?
  • Options

I'm totally playing catch up, for like a week's worth of posts.  I had to move my office at work, and I've been super busy catching up on actual work that I haven't had much time to check in here!  Sorry if I missed any big developments...I hope not!

We got the results of the NT scan yesterday, and the doctor said everything was in normal range with no increased risk of DS or trisomies, so that is a huge relief!  

Regarding the GD test, I didn't think the drink was that bad.  I had orange, and like others said, it tasted like flat orange soda.  I do remember being really super tired afterward though.  Sugar crash, maybe?  I also ate breakfast before, so maybe that helped?  I would check with your office about what they want you to do with eating vs. fasting for the test.  
    I had to fast beforehand. Which is probably why I got sick.

• Options
    kcbizme said:

Okay since we're talking about the glucose tests, my doc hasn't even brought it up. When do they usually do it?

My practice does it typically between 24-28 weeks. But I have high risk factors so I had to do it early.

• Options
    @MandJS & @suzyq0525 thanks! I am definitely NOT looking forward to it.
  • Options
    ruemorganruemorgan member
    edited September 2014
    Thats so amazing they could work together to do that for you @Peledreamsofrain‌ ! Way to go guys!

My random is I'm waiting to go to my 16 week appt. Hoping to get my flu shot while I'm there and find out if the baby's due date is changing. Other wise, yay for another piss-in-a-cup appointment, atleast I'm getting out of work early ;)
  • Options
    MandJS said:
    Darbie914 said:
    suzyq0525 said:
    @luckystarz‌ They gave me orange. I'm going to investigate to see if they have other flavors next time.
    I had orange, too.  I remember it being cold and I just drank it really fast.  It wasn't too bad, more like flat orange soda.  
    I prefer the orange to the red, but I don't like Hawaiian punch. I've heard that some practices will let you just eat 30 jelly beans or something in lieu of the glucola? I also saw a clear kind at my practice, which I may ask for this go around.

My old OB office just had you eat a candy bar instead. I think my new OB does the drink. Boo.

For SuzyQ and all March 15 loss moms

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I have my 1 hour on Thursday at 14 weeks because I had GD with my son. My Dr told me even if I pass this one, I still have to take it again at 28 weeks :|
  • Options
    @earthian‌ Thanks for the heads up on the update... yeesh.

@Peledreamsofrain‌ That is awesome! You ladies are incredible!

Yesterday I posted about some cool data I might get to use, but turns out no cool data for me... too many politics from leaders who put "CYA" above everything that's truly helpful it seems. Boo. /:)
  • Options
    @ToasterCat‌ so far so good! Do have a mountain of laundry to get to since H just got back from a 2.5 week business trip, but that's not so bad.

Hope you ladies have a great start to the week as well!
  • Options
    etoille said:
    My boss just yelled down from his office "Sarah it's been a whole hour have we won anything yet?"  (I am in Government contracting - at the end of the government fiscal year (30 September) there is a big rush because of funds expiring so this is like busy season for winning new stuff).

After asking like every hour today.  I didn't respond.

So he came to my office.  

I had a giant middle finger waiting for him.

(Not exaggerating/lying.  Our office is like that.)

Yes, today, and tomorrow have been/are going to be so boring at work.  I don't even know why I came in today.

Ahh! So am I! Except I work on the govt side. We are busy as hell trying to obligate expiring funds. And yes, I should be working right now, but my eyes feel like they are about to explode, so I had to take a break. I hate September @-)

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm sitting in the school cafeteria waiting to pick up my son and surprise him with were going to the fair this evening. He's going to be excited and I am too so I can eat some fair food haha. The air condition in here is amazing. I've had hot flashes like crazy lately!
  • Options
    Is there a "where to register" thread yet? I'm trying to decide how many and which stores/sites to use. I didn't find the old thread but I kind of remember there being one so I thought I would check in with you ladies because you know what's going on here! Thanks!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

@etoille I am a CS. My command is under the Army Materiel Command.

Our KO already said he was coming in Saturday, which means we will have to be here too. ugh

The bright side is that I only work on options now and not new contract awards, so I don't have to deal with the whiny losers :P

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I've had such a busy week this week! I was only able to skim but so far I've gathered the haggard trolls/straight bitches here are awesome. I'm so glad you got a doppler @Peledreamsofrain! Also, I need to find out when my OB plans to do the glucose test. The visit schedule I'm on now I'm likely to expect this horror right before Thanksgiving. Maybe my OB is team eat a candy bar or jelly beans (FX!)

One of my best friends is in town visiting this week! I am upset with one of our other close friends who spend most of the evening with us on Sunday and dinner last night. Upon leaving dinner she shared that she wasn't feeling well and was getting over a terrible cold and still had some symptoms. Today I woke up feeling shitty with a sore throat and stuffy head. Ugh! It's going around so I'm sure I would have caught it anyway, I'm just annoyed that she didn't even warn us she was sick.
    March '15 October Siggy Challenge: Halloween Costume Fail

BFP #1: 4.3.14
    EDD: 12.2.14
    M/C: 5.11.14

BFP #2: 7.4.14
    EDD: 3.10.15
  • Options
    Did not have time to read through all the posts, but I think I got the gist.

To all of you with migraines, did anyone else start getting them more frequently and much more intense once you got into the second trimester? I have been getting 2+ per week since about week 13. The one I'm currently battling has been around since yesterday morning at 4:30 am. I see my neurologist tomorrow, but wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Also, I just went Facebook public. Very anticlimactically. Mostly because everyone else I know is also pregnant (possibly a slight exaggeration) so you eventually just start running out of ideas... But it was still thrilling.
  • Options
    LadySnowbloodLadySnowblood member
    edited September 2014
    etoille said:

@etoille I am a CS. My command is under the Army Materiel Command.

Our KO already said he was coming in Saturday, which means we will have to be here too. ugh

The bright side is that I only work on options now and not new contract awards, so I don't have to deal with the whiny losers :P

Nice!  I did a lot of work with NCRCC before they disbanded it for being a walking oxymoron (contracting center of excellence was...not so excellent).  The shop at APG is pretty good though.  And I think my old Army Mentor Protege agreement was managed out Benning or Redstone though I could be wrong - they were pretty great to work with too.

Do any work with RDECOM?  We have some work as a sub and I sent a FAR 15.6 unsolicited proposal into the vapor in like July and can't get a response.  Like not even a read receipt.  Super annoying.

Also yay for just having to do options - now THAT is the good life.  It sucks that your KO can't get all that done this week - that's pretty proforma stuff he should just be able to execute.

As a matter of fact, I do work for the Aviation & Missile Research, Development, and Engineering Center (at Redstone), which is under RDECOM.

I'm actually not a regular CS anymore. That is still my job title, but I am more of a liaison between the govt engineers and the contracting center. So I spend most of my time putting requirements packages together from the engineers and sending them to the KO. The division that most of my actions go to is called "EXPRESS." Let's just say they are not so express. Our new KO and lawyer are so difficult and like to make things a lot harder than they should be. I swear, the govt can be uber annoying sometimes. lol

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

This girl got the job! H is so relieved, I start Thursday, and I'm waiting to get my drug test done. Wonder if it will tell them I'm pregnant (I know nothing about what it picks up btw).

@luckystarz‌ the urine drug screen can't detect that you're pregnant, if that's what you're wondering. They can't test you for anything except what they tell you they are testing for (ie if they tell you it's a drug test, they can't secretly test you for pregnancy or any other medical condition. So tell them when it seems right to you, but don't feel you have to because of the drug test. Congrats on the job!
  • Options
    LadySnowbloodLadySnowblood member
    edited September 2014

Ahh. Stuck in a box!

@etoille I am technically a CS, that is my job title, but you're right, what I do is more on the procurement analyst/COR side. I used to be a straight up CS, but then I got hired at AMRDEC and now I do this instead.

Hahaha, I'm telling you, some of the shit people come up with around here, even as a govt employee myself, and I'm like, what. the. fuck. are. you. talking. about. I don't think half of them even know. They're just making shit up as they go.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    My oldest friend is also my office mate, and every day, she picks her kid up from school and brings him to the office. And every day he talks my ear off while I'm trying to get my work done. And every day it annoys the crap out of me!

It was mentioned a while back about having a conversation about this, but the conversation hasn't taken place and it's still happening. It's driving me bonkers! He asks for my food. He tries to talk when it's extra quiet in the office and I'm doing something. And just now, he asked for my netflix log in b/c his mom is logged out on her iPad. I have no problem telling him no.
  • Options
    If any of you ladies are photographers and have the heart for it, Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep is in need of photographers.

https://www.slrlounge.com/now-lay-sleep-needs-photographers/
  • Options

I'm only 14w1d but I couldn't help but share that my ultrasound tech was excited that the hospital just got their new 3D machines in & used me to play with it. So my 20 minute ultrasound turned into an hour long one & I enjoyed a free 3D ultrasound! At one point the LO did a little shimmy/roll/dance move and she was just like "Well then! That's a penis. OR the most prominent girl parts I've seen!" H and I started cracking up laughing but she's decided she's 89% sure it's a boy and will guarantee the other 10% in about 2-3 weeks. She's adamant though that it's a boy.

In other news, I've been SWEARING that I smell fried dough overtime I go outside. I've decided that either someone is being really cruel to me or the baby is sending me a sign that it wants some….guess which one I'm picking?!

photo photo_zps71159d02.jpg
    Chloe & Luna: 2 of my fur-babies
    BabyFruit Tickerimage
  • Options

So I went to Target and they did not have the BOGO in store!!!! They had only women's apparel, maternity nor included, accessories, & shoes as a BOGO though! So the BOGO for the maternity clothea is ONLY ONLINE!!!

If you use the cartwheel app, maternity tops are 40% off, bottoms are 30% off in store at Target!!

Surprise! Baby #2 EDD 7/28/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats @luckystarz‌!!

I got my flu shot (first one ever) and didnt know it made your arm all achey and hurts to move it. So im feeling like a little whiney B. Otherwise my appt was uneventful which is always good news!
  • Options
    @happymamax2‌ I wonder if every Target is different? I bought 2 maternity jeans in store yesterday and got the BOGO.
  • Options
    @luckystarz Congrats on the new job!
  • Options
    kcbizme said:
    Guise.. Honeycrisp apples are in!
    Those are my favorite!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"