October 2014 Moms

Friday Randoms

123457»

Re: Friday Randoms

• I seem to have missed out on a lot during those 9 weeks I didn't know I was pregnant...
  • Loading the player...
  • Maybe she said 3, but is actually 5 weeks since LMP and just doesn't know they count from there?
  • That shower just now was everything I needed!
  • Nicb13 said:

I had vegetable yakisoba with lots of broccoli, onions and cabbage for dinner. This will not bode well for me tonight and tomorrow. [-O<

Gas is so fucking painful for me these days. I dread eating most things.
    Every bite was worth it. Poor DH.

image         image

• Someone needs to tell me why we are voting for new mods.... or point me in the direction of the thread where I can find out. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• I knew I was pregnant at three weeks too. I had my first ob appt and blood work before my missed period. I was a little anxious! Although I wasn't telling anyone at that point.

For all of you looking at buying new cars, Costco has a car buying program that is fantastic! Depending on what kind of car you want, you get contact info for a specific person at the dealership and there are no price negotiations. They sell it to you for slightly more than what the dealership.pays for it. Check it out!
  • Seattle is considering renaming Columbus Day to Indigenous People's Day.

Thoughts?

image         image

• Seattle is considering renaming Columbus Day to Indigenous People's Day. Thoughts?
    I mean, I get it. 

But I didn't realize anyone on the West Coast even knew what Columbus Day is, much less when it is.  I thought it was only a *thing* back on the East Coast.  I don't ever remember getting the day off for it.  It seems as relevant of a holiday as Arbor Day.  

Is this a symbolic thing or is it actually "celebrated" (as in, day off) in Seattle?

• Seattle is considering renaming Columbus Day to Indigenous People's Day.

Thoughts?

I mean, I get it. 

But I didn't realize anyone on the West Coast even knew what Columbus Day is, much less when it is.  I thought it was only a *thing* back on the East Coast.  I don't ever remember getting the day off for it.  It seems as relevant of a holiday as Arbor Day.  

Is this a symbolic thing or is it actually "celebrated" (as in, day off) in Seattle?

TBH, I don't know. I've never had the day off at any of my jobs for it. I really don't have an opinion on it. I think it makes sense, but I have no passion towards it either way. Some asshole will make a giant deal of it, I'm sure.

image         image

• <
    I knew I was pregnant at 3w and some change!  As in, before missed period.  I think I was 3w3d, if that comes out to about 9-10 dpo.

Clearly someone (me) needs to step away from Fertility Friend.
    I knew at 3w4d with both of mine.  I actually knew sooner with my son because my mouth had such a nasty metallic taste that it actually hurt, I just didn't get a positive until a day or so later....not that I didn't pee on everything in sight until those two pink lines showed up.  There was nothing patient about my 2WW. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1 - 12/12/11 - Missed M/C 1/9/12
    BFP #2 - 4/5/2012 - Son Born 12/12/12
    BFP #3 - 2/2/2014 - EDD 10/16/2014
  • I had vegetable yakisoba with lots of broccoli, onions and cabbage for dinner. This will not bode well for me tonight and tomorrow. [-O<
    I would say this probably won't bode well for your husband. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1 - 12/12/11 - Missed M/C 1/9/12
    BFP #2 - 4/5/2012 - Son Born 12/12/12
    BFP #3 - 2/2/2014 - EDD 10/16/2014
  • vrj0522 said:
    Someone needs to tell me why we are voting for new mods.... or point me in the direction of the thread where I can find out. 

check FFFC and MOD threads for explanation
    Just read through the MOD one... onto FFFC. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• TBH, I don't know. I've never had the day off at any of my jobs for it. I really don't have an opinion on it. I think it makes sense, but I have no passion towards it either way. Some asshole will make a giant deal of it, I'm sure.

As sure as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west.

• griffers said:

krysgreg said:

Oh and yes, Krys's story about the A/S makes no sense....she said somewhere that she only had one sg (which I assume she is using as a shorthand for sonogram?) at 8 weeks....which correlates with the vaginal u/s, but not with her doctor having performed an anatomy scan...

It wasn't 8weeks. I was further along then I thought. Why would someone lie about things like this. And yes he DID do it vaginal! And he will be doing abdominal next Monday. Not all doctors are the same. I feel stupid for not trusting him now over information I got on the internet. He has been doing his job and well for a very very long time.
    Now I shouldn't have went back to poke happy early view. She shouldn't have been poking and slapping my baby bump!!
    I'm sorry, I know we are not supposed to engage but this is driving me nuts. You CANNOT have an anatomy scan transvaginally. There might be extra pictures that you take to see the cervix better or the head if baby is really low and uncooperative but not a whole scan. And the point of an anatomy scan is for it to be done while you still have time to make a decision about any abnormalities that may be found and to make sure baby is growing on track. At this point in your pregnancy ultrasound is much less accurate about the baby's size and the bones will be ossified making many of the views much more difficult. Also, your doctor shouldn't be doing the ultrasound unless he is a radiologist. He is doing a huge disservice to you if he is either doing these scans himself (which it sounds like he is) or reading them himself. And if he is so against unnecessary ultrasounds then why didn't he just do the proper anatomy scan at 18 weeks instead of doing the transvaginal one and now this one?

As for the "early view" you keep talking about. I'm going to assume this is a 3d boutique because I've never heard of it be referred to this way. Women go to these places to get pics of their baby. The tech is just trying to get those for you. Poking your belly is not going to hurt the baby. In fact, during a NORMAL anatomy scan they will poke and shake your belly with the probe if baby is in a bad position. I suppose you wouldn't know that since you haven't had a real one. Some women even have to have a scan later in pregnancy to check how responsive baby is and if they are in a sleep cycle they will buzz your belly with a little buzzer to wake the baby up. If your doctor doesn't have to poke and shake your belly during your next "anatomy" scan when you are this far along (because baby is going to be in less than ideal positions) then he is probably not getting all the views he should be.
    I am not the ONLY one who has it done this way. And my doctor is an amazing doctor
  • jalara48 said:

So the Due date spreadsheet isn't a mod thing, it's just something I volunteered to do in the beginning and I don't want anymore. It's currently on a Google doc on my account but can be copied and pasted to another one.

Who can take it?

Can you possibly open the google doc to allow anyone to edit so everyone can update their own line? I feel like it's too big a job for one person once all these babies start popping out, especially with your own NB to care for as well.

DD - 4/9/08      DS1 - 7/26/12     DS2 - 10/7/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"