July 2014 Moms
Options

They see me trollin' they hatin'......

edited August 2014 in July 2014 Moms
We need a new post. 

It ain't Tuesday but wharves. 

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.

Re: They see me trollin' they hatin'......

• Options
    This poster is sure not to like me

Ok so I just need to rant on here because I'm sure I'm not the only one going through this....
    My husband's uncle came over last night because he is flipping a house nearby and needed a hot shower and a hot meal.  After dinner he asked if we had thought of any baby names yet.  I know that I am really sensitive to this, so I typically tell people "We'll have to wait to meet him to decide", but instead my husband very proudly told him the name we are thinking of (Jackson Alexander). His response to this? "Oh.... what are the other names in the running".  We told him (Max or Alex), and he said "So where's the suggestion box".  We laughed, thinking it was a joke, and he said "No really, this poor kid has to live with that name his entire life.".  Who says something like that?!?!?! I just walked away and started doing dishes so I would keep my mouth shut.  I know I am super sensitive because of all the hormones, but it is wrong to think that was completely out of line? My husband says it's not a big deal, but I'm still fuming the next morning. 
    Has anyone else had a similar experience? How do you deal with these people? 

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Options
    This is a 6 pager

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12413275/is-too-much-sex-okay/p1

So this is my 3rd pregnancy and 3 rd boy. Well with my last 2 boys I HATED sex. But this pregnancy (I'm 24 weeks) I want sex all the time! It feels so great. My DH and I also like things a little rough (not to the point where it hurts or leaves marks)and we also take our time so sex is a hour long from start to finish. And also we will have sex a few times a day and take a few days break. Is it safe or could we hurt the baby? We do doggie style like recommended but I still can and like to be on top at times. Sorry if anyone is offended or feels it's tmi but I'm happily married and we both have always really enjoyed our sex life. It's only between us and we've grown into being able to get more and more kinky over the years. It's special to us. My DH says I love my freak of a wife in bed but love that it's between us and I'm a mother and wife outside of our bed! Lol

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12413665/afraid-and-ashamed#latest

My fiance and I were having issues around the time I may have conceived. When I found out I was pregnant I wasn't sure how far along I was because my cycles are irregular. So I had to rely on an ultrasound to estimate my due date. The u/s estimated a due date of December 20th. I cheated on my fiancé and had a one night fling on March 29th. We used a condom and stopped him a minute later because I felt guilty so he did not ejaculate. I then had sex with my fiancé on April 1st unprotected and he did ejaculate inside me. With EDD of December 20th, I would have conceived around March 30th, which is the day after my affair, two days before having sex with my fiancé. Please save the your a horrible person judgement,
    You cannot be harder on me than I am myself right now. I am so ashamed and afraid of what to do. Odds are it's not the one night stands child but I can't shake the guilt. I want to come clean to my fiancé but I am going to lose him if i do. Non invasive paternity testing is available but it's expensive and not accurate. I know ultrasounds are not completely accurate and I am praying in my case I am measuring a few days ahead. I have anxiety and came off my medication when I found out in was pregnant so my anxiety is through the roof. Please give me some kind of reassurance or advice.

• Options
    https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12413503/my-life-is-a-mess#latest

My baby daddy is in rehab!!! YES I KNOW I JUST SAID REHAB!!! It's hard acting like I'm okay with this all when I know I'm not. I can't even believe I even got pregnant. For two years we tried and nothing. I think it had a lot to do with him being clean!! Maybe, maybe not!!! He says he is waiting to tell his mom who is some "CHRISTIAN" who is always judging others and walking around with her nose up. She used to like me, I'm sure once she finds out she won't any longer, and then I have my family who doesn't help at all!! I mean the are being supportive as possible but I still feel like I'm going at this alone 

• Options
    These must be from BabyCenter. No way is this crap on TB. (Yes, I see the links)
  • Options

We need a new post. 

It ain't Tuesday but wharves. 

Yay Skyrim!
  • Options
    Tickettuesday from October is just not impressed with us. Weep

jalara48 said:
    Damn - I took the bait in the Family Rudeness Rant thread. Shit. Sorry ladies.

They baited us.
    https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12413887/they-see-me-trollin-they-rollin#latest

Yeah... I saw that too...

But I still don't get how that rant thread got all lovey dovey at the end. I don't think OP was out of line for ranting about her uncle being rude. I don't give too farts that she referenced pregnancy hormones. I don't get why that's license to come to our board and tell her to grow up because they were bored. I think it was especially awesome that the gal posted a warning at the end. I get that some threads are funny for trolling. I don't think that was one of them. Those ladies came off tacky and very much not funny. I'm fairly unimpressed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I so want to read these now but part of me wants to save these for late night/early morning entertainment!!
  • Options
    Well, this might be the biggest hypocritical thing I've read here lately

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12412158/jesus-christ-lighten-up/p1

Bloody hell I actually can't believe people waste their time writing sarcastic childish comments! Be totally cuntish wasn't meant in anyway horrible or mean. If you don't have an opinion that's nice to share then don't share anything at all! Keep nasty comments to yourselves

• Options
    https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12409784/eye-vein-test#latest

Has anyone tried the eye vein test to determine gender? What were your results?

Supposedly if u pull your bottom eyelid down there is veins in your eye that resemble 2 fish hooks. If they are in your left eye, it's a girl. If they are in your right eye, it's a boy and if they are in both eyes you are having twins. If you are not having twins and they are present in both eyes it's a girl...

Just another fun theory to try!!!

• Options
    cko521 said:
    OMG, on mobile so can't link but MIL post on Parenting. It's a good one.
    I can't find it.  

:(

• Options

cko521 said:

OMG, on mobile so can't link but MIL post on Parenting. It's a good one.

I can't find it.  

:(

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12418217/mother-in-law-driving-me-freaking-crazy-im-going-to-have-a-nervous-break-down

I think I did it right. Woohoo!!

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Options
    Wow. Smashing faces into concrete for the win. She needs help.
  • Options
    https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12418711/frustrated-with-modern-medicine#latest Okay, before you think I'm a total loon, here's my full story. I have three living children, two of whom were born naturally with hypnobirthing, one who due to a severe kidney infection I had, went into anaphylaxis and had to be delivered emergency C-section, before I even went into labor. The midwife I was seeing for my plan homebirth with my third, completely overlooked my kidney infection. She dismissed my symptoms as Braxton Hicks, and therefore it brought on complications. My son was delivered emergency C-section, without an epidural or any medications, and I now suffer from posttraumatic stress. Now six years later I'm pregnant with my fourth baby with my new husband, and after six miscarriages. I would really like to have a V-BAC and I would also like to hYpnobirth again. Here's my dilemma : I can't find a doctor who will take me seriously with all my other health complications on my natural birthing wants and desires. I have successfully delivered two healthy babies Via hypnobirth as well as one stillborn with my previous husband, and all of those births did not require any medical intervention. Our loss was due to ruptured membranes, caused by placental previa. The best options I have been given is a potential V-BAC and only if the doctor thinks my labor is progressing at the rate he wants. I hate being treated like cattle, I hate that they completely disregard my birthing methods as practical, and I feel entirely powerless with the situation. I'm very grateful to be pregnant again, but I would truly like the opportunity to have the type of birth I'm entitled to. I don't know if it's the state and I'm currently living in, as I have moved from where I had my other children, or if this is just the way modern birthing is headed. Either way I feel powerless, and I'm miserable. any advice?
  • Options
    Csltdk said:

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12418711/frustrated-with-modern-medicine#latest

Okay, before you think I'm a total loon, here's my full story. I have three living children, two of whom were born naturally with hypnobirthing, one who due to a severe kidney infection I had, went into anaphylaxis and had to be delivered emergency C-section, before I even went into labor. The midwife I was seeing for my plan homebirth with my third, completely overlooked my kidney infection. She dismissed my symptoms as Braxton Hicks, and therefore it brought on complications. My son was delivered emergency C-section, without an epidural or any medications, and I now suffer from posttraumatic stress. Now six years later I'm pregnant with my fourth baby with my new husband, and after six miscarriages. I would really like to have a V-BAC and I would also like to hYpnobirth again.

Here's my dilemma : I can't find a doctor who will take me seriously with all my other health complications on my natural birthing wants and desires. I have successfully delivered two healthy babies Via hypnobirth as well as one stillborn with my previous husband, and all of those births did not require any medical intervention. Our loss was due to ruptured membranes, caused by placental previa. The best options I have been given is a potential V-BAC and only if the doctor thinks my labor is progressing at the rate he wants. I hate being treated like cattle, I hate that they completely disregard my birthing methods as practical, and I feel entirely powerless with the situation. I'm very grateful to be pregnant again, but I would truly like the opportunity to have the type of birth I'm entitled to. I don't know if it's the state and I'm currently living in, as I have moved from where I had my other children, or if this is just the way modern birthing is headed. Either way I feel powerless, and I'm miserable. any advice?

This op sounded like a hot mess. I had to stop reading.

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    ^^read all 5 pages and it was all over the place. By the middle even her white knights were kinda sorta questioning her story.

And the reason I read all 5 pages was because I wanted to know for the still birth story, why she tried to deliver vaginally with placenta previa. But in case you are wondering, someone who has been pregnant 10x (if I counted correctly) confused placenta previa with placenta abruption.

She also claims that the original post was meant to complain solely about her drs bedside manner, and anyone thinking that she was complaining about being told that vbac was a possibility and not a guarantee, is wrong.

Because guise, she knows her body.
    //

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

::formerly csmith - regular/lurker since Nov13:: 
  • Options
    Yeah, she's insane. Also- a c section with no medication?! Whaaaaat
  • Options
    litera said:
    ^^^^^ That OP is WAAAY too defensive, whiny and mixed up on her facts to take seriously at all. I'm kind of surprised they haven't raked her over the coals for it.
    I don't know how, after reading the ALL CAPS title, and the original post that I was supposed to decipher that the entire post was about her doctor's bedside manner, when that wasn't mentioned once. 

• Options
    Lotion is serious business.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    How did the anti-bullying lotion obsessor get banned? Where did she freak out?

• Options
    How did the anti-bullying lotion obsessor get banned? Where did she freak out?
    Wait...is this her?

• Options
    April is in fire this weekend. White Knights are still arguing their point 5 pages in

• Options
    This one probably won't burst into drama, but it's interesting none the less. 

This is a weird scenario, but here it is in a nutshell:

-Baby daddy has broken up with me six times since I got pregnant. 
    -We are now engaged and sorting through a prenup and having difficulty coming to an agreement. 
    -He was supposed to have the prenup to me on Thursday, when I had an appointment with my lawyer schedule but I didnt get it until Friday and now I have to wait until next Friday to meet with my lawyer (no appointments available sooner).

Our wedding is September 19th and he is supposed to be moving in with me this coming Friday, the day I have the appointment scheduled with my lawyer.  He is now saying he doesn't want to move in until I can give him a guarantee that I am going to agree to the prenup and say that we will be able to stay together.  I cannot provide him with any guarantees because I havent even talked with a lawyer yet. 

So he wants to go sign a one year lease some place so that he is not inconvenienced if he moves in with me and then has to move out again shortly after if we do not come to an agreement about the prenup (his house is already rented out and he is obligated to move).  

Here is where I need some feedback.  In my mind, if he runs out and signs a one year lease, the relationship is over in my mind.  If he isnt here helping with the baby in the middle of the night and he is off living some place else, I don't see that as a relationship.  

He keeps asking me to give him some reassurance/guarantee that I'm going to agree to the prenup or else he might go sign a one year lease somewhere, precluding him from moving in with me for at least one year.     I don't want to lie to him and offer him assurance that wouldnt' be genuine.  I am trying to be honest and say that I really need to think it through and talk with a lawyer first, which I would have done had his lawyer had the prenup to me in time for my scheduled appointment with the lawyer. 

So, am I crazy to think that it would be totally ridiculous to still be in a relationship with him while we have a baby but live in separate houses? What would you do??  Would you keep dating him if he rented an apartment/house for one year while you had a baby?  Would you marry him if he lived in another house?   

OH, and moving in with him is not an option. 

• Options
    April is amazing- just what I needed for LO's afternoon nap
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12418514/pregnant-can-t-afford-another-baby/p1
    This got a little interesting, OP hasn't been back since they outed her post history and its drama (multiple abortions mentioned):

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12309029/pregnant-3-months-after-abortion-on-b-c#latest

imageimage"">

• Options

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12418514/pregnant-can-t-afford-another-baby/p1
    This got a little interesting, OP hasn't been back since they outed her post history and its drama (multiple abortions mentioned):

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12309029/pregnant-3-months-after-abortion-on-b-c#latest

Dammit. The second one has content that's been completely deleted. It's like having a damn tasty recipe but someone cut out some of the ingredients.
  • Options
    Csltdk said:
    April is amazing- just what I needed for LO's afternoon nap
    Excellent GIF placement with the "you're on Trollin' Tues...", it's all Zorro n' shit. ;)

imageimage"">

• Options

This one probably won't burst into drama, but it's interesting none the less. 

This is a weird scenario, but here it is in a nutshell:

-Baby daddy has broken up with me six times since I got pregnant. 
    -We are now engaged and sorting through a prenup and having difficulty coming to an agreement. 
    -He was supposed to have the prenup to me on Thursday, when I had an appointment with my lawyer schedule but I didnt get it until Friday and now I have to wait until next Friday to meet with my lawyer (no appointments available sooner).

Our wedding is September 19th and he is supposed to be moving in with me this coming Friday, the day I have the appointment scheduled with my lawyer.  He is now saying he doesn't want to move in until I can give him a guarantee that I am going to agree to the prenup and say that we will be able to stay together.  I cannot provide him with any guarantees because I havent even talked with a lawyer yet. 

So he wants to go sign a one year lease some place so that he is not inconvenienced if he moves in with me and then has to move out again shortly after if we do not come to an agreement about the prenup (his house is already rented out and he is obligated to move).  

Here is where I need some feedback.  In my mind, if he runs out and signs a one year lease, the relationship is over in my mind.  If he isnt here helping with the baby in the middle of the night and he is off living some place else, I don't see that as a relationship.  

He keeps asking me to give him some reassurance/guarantee that I'm going to agree to the prenup or else he might go sign a one year lease somewhere, precluding him from moving in with me for at least one year.     I don't want to lie to him and offer him assurance that wouldnt' be genuine.  I am trying to be honest and say that I really need to think it through and talk with a lawyer first, which I would have done had his lawyer had the prenup to me in time for my scheduled appointment with the lawyer. 

So, am I crazy to think that it would be totally ridiculous to still be in a relationship with him while we have a baby but live in separate houses? What would you do??  Would you keep dating him if he rented an apartment/house for one year while you had a baby?  Would you marry him if he lived in another house?   

OH, and moving in with him is not an option. 

They've only been together for 9 months O_O

• Options
    edited August 2014
    I have no idea how this turned into a 6 pager

ETA:  I found it. Where the hell is Bliss????

For my shower, it's going to be wishing well/book party. People will bring books instead of greeting cards and put their message to baby in the book and then if they would like to bring a gift only money or gift cards would be accepted. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"