Options

Rant: Trying not to be a B

Re: Rant: Trying not to be a B

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    asws1208 said:
    MandJS said:
    SNIP
    That is the least surprising thing you've said in 11 pages. You still don't get to judge others. 

And since you LOVE the anectodal evidence... I have several friends who got KU while on BCP (or actually, one who had undergone a tubal ligation). How do you know all these people TRIED to get KU? Birth control is not fail proof. And I'd wager a bet I know your stance on abortion. So, then what? All the people just suck and are screwed?

ETA: words.
    Under no circumstances. I would bet most of you would rather just abort the babies because they were 'accidents'.
    Your logic makes no damn sense.  I had an unwanted pregnancy at 17.  I did NOT choose to abort my baby and I now have a beautiful 10 year old daughter, whom I fed with food stamps for many years.  So what should I have done?  Had my baby and struggled to feed her for years on end because you think abortion is wrong?  Or keep her and feed her with food stamps?

Let me tell you what I DID do (and please, don't anyone go reporting me, this shit was ages ago and I was a desperate 18 year old single mom).  I bought food on credit cards I knew I couldn't pay for.  I wrote checks for bank accounts that I closed before the check could hit the bank.  I opened new credit cards and bought more food on those.  I fucked a lot of people and a lot of companies out of money because I needed to feed my kid and it was the only way I knew how, before I learned how to apply for food stamps.  I fucked up my credit at the ripe old age of 18 just to keep my kid fed and clothed.  But I guess that's more noble than food stamps, right?  Paying for shit with money I didn't have knowing full well I was screwing someone else out of money.
  • Options
    Abortion? How did this rant get to this topic? The OP was talking about abuse of the system.

Where the heck did this train get so far derailed?
    Me (26) DH (28)
    Married 6.22.13
    Hoping for a Herd Linky
    4/15--TTC #1
    12/15--IF testing
    3/16--Dx Unexplained IF
    Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI + Progesterone cycle
    Cancelled due to cysts. Started 3 weeks of BCP.
    4/16--Cute Ute! Clomid+Ovidrel+IUI+Progesterone TI.
    Cancelled-no response
    5/16--Hemmorhagic cyst and other cyst discovered.
    No medicated cycle. MRI scheduled to rule out
    septate uterus.
    6/16--Septum discovered. Consultation for surgery.
    Surprise BFP 6/8/16--EDD 2/13/17
    Kole David--1.7.17--Tiny but Mighty, born at 34+5 after HELLP syndrome
    Chart Stalk Me

• Options
    Never once did I mention abortion.

I honestly think this thread should just be stopped. Obviously there are differing opinions and it is causing a lot of animosity.
    Me (26) DH (28)
    Married 6.22.13
    Hoping for a Herd Linky
    4/15--TTC #1
    12/15--IF testing
    3/16--Dx Unexplained IF
    Cancelled-no response
    septate uterus.
    Chart Stalk Me

• Options
    And seriously, OP if I were you I would make a come back so everyone knows that you aren't THAT person. 
    I figured leaving completely would be best.

Here is my comeback. I think the system is incredible. When I was 13 my step father was injured on the job and lost his leg. It turned our financial world upside down and he collected disability for a few years. My mom supported the family. When I was 16 he committed suicide and we got social security for I believe 6 months. After that we lost the house and the daycare she had run for 17 years. We got in with a non profit organization who had a rental property and we combined home and business and started over in a new town. We used food stamps for a few months after we got settled.

I am 100% for the system. But I know it violates laws in the state of Maine to drop your kid off at a daycare and skip work/school if the state is paying for it. I have watched my mom lose many kids because she reported them to avoid having to pay back the money to the state. That was my main frustration in this post. Not that the woman wanted to have fun with her friends. She risked hurting a good company in doing so. I find that appalling personally.

She is having a second child now which is bothersome to me because I wish she was using this help to better herself like I have seen so many do before rather than to just use the government. Her bragging on Facebook about her state aid going up bothers me. She has since my OP privately spoken to me about how awesome not paying rent will be and that she hopes its a girl so she can get a three bedroom apartment. I in no way want her children to suffer for her choices but I do believe I am allowed to be frustrated that this abuse is happening in front of me. I know this is not the majority.

When my step father was collecting disability we pooled coin jars and saved as a family to go to six flags in Massachusetts. It was an incredible vacation I will remember and be thankful we took for the rest of my life. I would never think somebody wouldn't deserve a vacation or a day off even.

This post blew up way beyond anything I expected it to be. I just wanted to vent some frustrations and feel a little self pity. I have to say though I don't believe that me venting on a public form makes this okay...
    amy052006 said:
    You know who shouldn't have babies? Dipshit 22 year olds who have no clue how the world operates.
    That is all I have to say.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Love: March 2010  Marriage: July 2013  Debt Free: October 2014  TTC: April 2015
     BFP: April 10, 2016 EDD: December 19, 2016 Team Blue!
    Oscar born November 20, 2016 at 35w6d

• Options
    And seriously, OP if I were you I would make a come back so everyone knows that you aren't THAT person. 

Here is my comeback. I think the system is incredible. When I was 13 my step father was injured on the job and lost his leg. It turned our financial world upside down and he collected disability for a few years. My mom supported the family. When I was 16 he committed suicide and we got social security for I believe 6 months. After that we lost the house and the daycare she had run for 17 years. We got in with a non profit organization who had a rental property and we combined home and business and started over in a new town. We used food stamps for a few months after we got settled.

I am 100% for the system. But I know it violates laws in the state of Maine to drop your kid off at a daycare and skip work/school if the state is paying for it. I have watched my mom lose many kids because she reported them to avoid having to pay back the money to the state. That was my main frustration in this post. Not that the woman wanted to have fun with her friends. She risked hurting a good company in doing so. I find that appalling personally.

She is having a second child now which is bothersome to me because I wish she was using this help to better herself like I have seen so many do before rather than to just use the government. Her bragging on Facebook about her state aid going up bothers me. She has since my OP privately spoken to me about how awesome not paying rent will be and that she hopes its a girl so she can get a three bedroom apartment. I in no way want her children to suffer for her choices but I do believe I am allowed to be frustrated that this abuse is happening in front of me. I know this is not the majority.

When my step father was collecting disability we pooled coin jars and saved as a family to go to six flags in Massachusetts. It was an incredible vacation I will remember and be thankful we took for the rest of my life. I would never think somebody wouldn't deserve a vacation or a day off even.

This post blew up way beyond anything I expected it to be. I just wanted to vent some frustrations and feel a little self pity. I have to say though I don't believe that me venting on a public form makes this okay...
    amy052006 said:
    You know who shouldn't have babies? Dipshit 22 year olds who have no clue how the world operates.
    Not the type of comeback I had in mind...but still better than BatShitCrazyBetty and her BFF
    What did you have in mind then?
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Love: March 2010  Marriage: July 2013  Debt Free: October 2014  TTC: April 2015
     BFP: April 10, 2016 EDD: December 19, 2016 Team Blue!
    Oscar born November 20, 2016 at 35w6d

• Options

amy052006 said:
    I agree with every single thing you said. Bravo and love tits!! I agree with ever single thing in your response. Bravo and love t
    Also agree with everything said--great wording!  End of the day--if you genuniely (like someone says it straight to your face) know someone abusing the system, yeah, you have a right to be annoyed.  I would be too.  I feel fortunate the system exists and is there to help out everyone that needs it.  It's good to know if I needed it, the system would be there to support me.  Shit happens. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    asws1208 said:
    Unless a person is raped they willfully have had sex with someone when they get pregnant. 
    Ha. Not always.

My husband wasn't even in the room when I got KTFU the first two times. Heh.
    Room? Shit, mine wasn't even in the state.

Tramp.
    Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Options
    paigeed said:
    Never once did I mention abortion. I honestly think this thread should just be stopped. Obviously there are differing opinions and it is causing a lot of animosity.

this is the best part of thi post. Can someone give me back the few mins I lost reading this shit?
  • Options
    I am shocked at how completely judgmental and "know it all" that all of you are. How can you possibly say something like that from a few comments that I have made based on how I feel and my experiences? Most of you have entirely different viewpoints than I do but I have not called anyone ignorant or clueless or told anyone that I 'hope you don't have kids' like someone said to me. I am completely blown away by everyone's unwillingness to even accept the fact that someone has a different viewpoint from them. When having a debate or a disagreement with someone it is expected that you will have opposing viewpoints and that is just fine and what makes the world go around. Just because my views happen to be on the extreme side does not make me ignorant by any means.
  • Options
    I never said poverty was funny the "jokes" were because of the outrageous accusations towards me like I thought poor people are the scum of the earth! And i might not have been polite but no one else is here either!
  • Options
    I do not condone small children starving. I don't think that anyone should starve. For the 10000000th time.. I think the system DOES NOT WORK and that people need more person responsibility and humility about themselves. I am sure that my view is different than some of yours because of the way I was raised, the area I live in, and the things I see in my day to day life of people that live near me and that I know. I am not a horrible person and I don't wish bad on anyone. And my child will be raised that he is responsible for his actions and his mistakes.
  • Options
    Jesus. I do NOT THINK PEOPLE SHOULD STARVE. I think that the system needs work so that there is no abuse and people have a little more fire under their ass to get on their own two feet.

If you are sick, this does not apply. If you are laid off, you deserve help for a short period of time. Things like that.. yes, that is what the system is for. 

BUT, my whole point is that when someone chooses to make bad decisions in their life why should the government be responsible for taking care of them? And if the government is going to help take care of them and their children, there needs to be extremely strict rules on what is allowed and not allowed. You and your children need food stamps? Fine. But you get only the necessities. And you should not be taking vacations, getting manicures, drinking beer, etc. 

You need free day care while you go to work? Fine. But the child only goes for the exact hours while you are at work. 

Instead of giving people years and years of food stamps how about we work on making college more affordable? Let's pay tuition for single mothers for a limited time rather than years of WIC and EBT cards. 

You are married and can't afford kids but still want to have sex with your husband? Let's make birth control of different widely acceptable. Let's educate our children better on the consequences of premarital sex and educate them on safe sex. 

I am not for throwing poor people and their children to the streets. I am for strict entitlement program reform and educating people on taking care of themselves and being responsible for their actions.
  • Options
    asws1208 said:
    I do not condone small children starving. I don't think that anyone should starve. For the 10000000th time.. I think the system DOES NOT WORK and that people need more person responsibility and humility about themselves. I am sure that my view is different than some of yours because of the way I was raised, the area I live in, and the things I see in my day to day life of people that live near me and that I know. I am not a horrible person and I don't wish bad on anyone. And my child will be raised that he is responsible for his actions and his mistakes.
    I have so many stories that prove your bullshit wrong, but you aren't smart enough to comprehend them, so I'm not going to waste my time.

What do you think there is to PROVE WRONG? Nothing I have said is WRONG. It is different than what you think but I have seen first hand the things I have said. They aren't made up. How is it WRONG?
  • Options
    Good god. This thread is a huge jumble of ignorance and butthurt.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    aditigirl said:
    I really would like an answer @asws1208‌. So is it better for me to have lost my first child rather than had to use assistance?
    @asws1208‌
    Seriously? You may disagree with how I see things but asking me if I think it is better that a child died rather than go on assistance? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. And given my stance on abortion why the hell would I be glad that someone lost a child? You are just looking for an answer from me so that you can raise hell about it. 
  • Options
    I COMPLETELY AGREE!!! I believe the assistance is supposed to be a HAND UP not a HAND OUT!!! It drives me up the wall seeing all the people LIE or are just LAZY and don't work just get assitance!
  • Options

Oh I'm sorry bumwaters I didn't realize I can't have an opinion or participate in discussion boards? Did I need your permission? No...Oh I didn't think so. Just because it's my 3rd post, that doesn't mean that I haven't been on discussion boards or read them. And by your comment offended because I think people that ABUSE the system are PATHETIC tells me that you're probably one of them. I didn't say getting assistance is bad. I said abusing the assistance is bad.

• Options
    No I think someone that feels they should criticize my OPINION and be so immature as to give me an "eye roll" and sarcasm of it only being my 3rd post is really immature. I can handle people having a different opinion and sometimes someone else's opinion causes me to change my outlook. I don't appreciate when my words are mocked just because I have a different opinion. Yet again it's not a fallacy, it's just MY opinion, just as you are entitled to YOUR opinion.
  • Options
    Also I never said EVERYONE is abusing the system. Just like other people have said and yet ignorant people like you that LOVE THE DRAMA like to twist people's words. Sorry I actually have a life and don't have time to read all 14 pages of a discussion board. actually I only read the original post until small minded big mouthed you got crappy because I have an opinion different than your own. I too don't mind contributing to people that are ACTUALLY in need. However, most of the people I know that get assistance blatantly LIED to get that assistance and those people and ONLY those people are the ones I have a problem with. If it's someone that actually needs assistance then fine I don't mind helping for as long as help is needed. I help people in need on a weekly basis and I'm not talking about with my taxes from my paychecks.
  • Options
    @nikyasmith2011‌ I have learned after my participation in this debate that the majority of the people on this thread do not agree with us. As they think we are judging them, they are judging us for our viewpoints and beliefs. They think that all these numbers they throw at us are completely accurate and that we are assholes because we believe in personal responsibility. It may be best to just walk away. Hot heads never change their opinion unless it's their idea.
    Me (26) DH (28)
    Married 6.22.13
    Hoping for a Herd Linky
    4/15--TTC #1
    12/15--IF testing
    3/16--Dx Unexplained IF
    Cancelled-no response
    septate uterus.
    Chart Stalk Me

• Options
    edited August 2014

@pageed I know which is fine. Clearly their ignorance and lack of comprehending any thing greater than their own thoughts is a total loss. I'm fine with that and I am completely content knowing that I will always rest easy knowing I was raised right with morals, ethics, and integrity.

• Options
    @nikyasmith2011‌ We may not be able to change their opinions or our country, but we can raise our children to be responsible for all their decisions without taking advantage of our government.
    Me (26) DH (28)
    Married 6.22.13
    Hoping for a Herd Linky
    4/15--TTC #1
    12/15--IF testing
    3/16--Dx Unexplained IF
    Cancelled-no response
    septate uterus.
    Chart Stalk Me

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"