July 2014 Moms
Options

Night crew check in!

Re: Night crew check in!

• Options
    We were doing so good with two spaced out feedings a night. Tonight, every hour! So tired, but good news is someone is growing :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

LO just slept for 8 hoursssss!! Say whaaaa?!

Yay! I'm totally jealous.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @Kam310‌0 that is totally my lo every single night! Usually he gives up and falls asleep last night after an hour I caved and just let him sleep with me.
    image.
  • Options

@Kam310‌0 that is totally my lo every single night! Usually he gives up and falls asleep last night after an hour I caved and just let him sleep with me.

It's hilarious when they try to break out...for the first five minutes. But if I don't swaddle her she doesn't stay asleep, go figure.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I am afraid to say it but I think we have a working routine!! It's been a week straight now that she has been sleeping from 11:30-4. We were up every two hours before so this feels like a huge step forward :)

I'm afraid to say this also but DS has been sleeping 9-2 this last week except for Sunday night when we were out till 8pm for a birthday dinner. He was on a 3 hr rotation before this so this is great. Let's hope this keeps up

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Got LO fed and asleep at 11. Woke up at 12 with spit up. Back to sleep at 12:30. Awake and hungry at 1:30. Fed and back to sleep by 2:30. Awake again at 4:30. Fed and still won't go back to sleep. This has been the worst night we've had in awhile. Especially after being teased with two nights of sttn.
  • Options
    Just laid DD back in her bassinet from feeding. She fell asleep on me but then woke up when I put her back in. She's currently squirming in her swaddle, cooing and making the biggest smile faces that are absolutely adorable. It's everything I can do to not grab her and cuddle, but the only 4 hours of sleep part of me just wants to crash again and let her fall asleep on her own.
  • Options
    Hope it's a good night for all!! LO is just about to go down.

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Options
    1am pumping is for the birds! However, I got a damn good amount while pumping on one side and feeding DD on the other. I'm glad I accidentally passed out on the couch, though my boobs were hurting lol.
  • Options
    DD spoiled me with a few weeks of about 6 hour stretches every night. Tonight she woke up after 3 hours. After her screaming at the top of her lungs while I got her bottle ready, she ate and is now back in her crib, but she's pretty restless. Fingers crossed she'll go back to sleep soon. Preferably until at least 6AM.

• Options
    Three hour stretch here. I feel like I'm never going to get anything more than four hours and four hours is rare. I'm also tired of people asking if she is sttn yet, it bugs me. Anyway, my grumpy butt needs to go back to bed.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Same here, @kam3100‌! And it's especially frustrating because DS eats rather frequently during the day.

Up for the second feeding since 9pm. He's been so gassy and restless tonight. I've been dairy free for one week. No change in DS' gas/fussiness/colic so far. However, I am noticing *I* feel better already. Here's hoping we see some improvements in little man soon.
  • Options
    DD has this new thing where she doesn't like to go back to sleep after her MOTN feeding. It's fantastic.
  • Options
    Still haven't been to sleep tonight. Not for lack of trying. Put LO down twice and she's woken up within 10 min both times. WTH BABY.
  • Options
    Havnt been to bed yet either. LO will not go down. Omg I'm just really tired!! Wtf? Please save me.

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Options
    I am so not used to having to pump after LO eats in the middle of the night. Wtf this sucks and my boobs are KILLING me! I miss when i would just nurse him and go right back to bed. Why oh why did you all of a sudden go on strike about my boobs lil G!?
  • Options
    Lo why after 4am can I only get you to sleep if your in bed with me? I don't sleep well that way.. ..sigh.

@kenziebug22‌ how is lo eating? I hope all isbetter
    image.
  • Options
    @Nichole8787‌ hes finally eating thank god! But he still is only taking formula. I have been on antibiotics this week for my c section incision that got infected so im thinking maybe that messed with him and he just doesnt want anything to do with it for now (hopefully) so im still trying to keep my supply up to try again when im done with the meds.

Still not sure why he wont take the BM from the freezer though seeing how i pumped that before any antibiotics, maybe my theory is bogus and im just trying to make myself feel better lol
  • Options

Lo why after 4am can I only get you to sleep if your in bed with me? I don't sleep well that way.. ..sigh.

@kenziebug22‌ how is lo eating? I hope all isbetter

This is my life. He eats at 3am and won't sleep for more than 20 mins in his rocker. He'll sleep great if I put him in bed with me. Which I don't like doing at all.

Add me in. LO will absolutely not go back down unless he's in bed with me. I'm thinking I may have to give him a bottle instead of nursing in the motn do he can just eat I burp him and then I would hope he went down. I think when I'm lying down to nurse we are both just to comfortable. Oooooo what to do what to do.

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Options
    We're also in the sleeps great until about 4 a.m. club. Wouldn't be so bad if my older one wasn't waking up early (baby slept until 9 yesterday but preschooler was up at 6:45 so I didn't get to take advantage of sleeping in, grr).
  • Options
    I finally started going to bed when the baby does the last two nights so I can get more sleep, just to have her decide she's going to wake up at midnight instead of sleeping until 3 like usual. God I hope this is temporary...the night stretch was supposed to be getting longer, not shorter!!!

• Options
    TwizzyG said:

I finally started going to bed when the baby does the last two nights so I can get more sleep, just to have her decide she's going to wake up at midnight instead of sleeping until 3 like usual. God I hope this is temporary...the night stretch was supposed to be getting longer, not shorter!!!

This is us too. She added a wake up at 11:30/12, so now she also wakes up at 4. Before, she just had one wake up between 2-4 only. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh :(

• Options
    DS went down at 9, and has already been up twice. This doesn't look like it's going to be a good night. Hoping this is just a growth spurt.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My child is asleep. Why the fuck am I wide awake? Go to sleep self!
    image.
  • Options
    lowen83lowen83 member
    edited September 2014
    Why does my 3 year old wake up more at night then my 8 week old?! Seriously kid!

• Options
    @lowen83‌
    Story of my life too. My 1 year old wakes twice a night. Newborn only once. Tonight my 1 year old had a meltdown around 1:30 am.

I had to put her in the swing and give her too much milk then I fell asleep on the floor. Woke up to newborn around 4:45 screaming for milk. @-)
    I hope you get some z's soon.

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Options
    lowen83lowen83 member
    edited September 2014

@lowen83‌
    Story of my life too. My 1 year old wakes twice a night. Newborn only once. Tonight my 1 year old had a meltdown around 1:30 am.

I had to put her in the swing and give her too much milk then I fell asleep on the floor. Woke up to newborn around 4:45 screaming for milk. @-)
    I hope you get some z's soon.

DS 1 and I had a what I call "meet Jesus moment" about 4:45 this morning and I put him back in bed and he still only slept till 7 after being awake from 3am-5am. I don't know how I am going to handle this when I return to work in a week.

Edit: I forgot to mention that DS 2 who is 8 weeks old slept from 9:30-3:15 and 3:15-still asleep and it's 7:20am

• Options
    I only got 4ish hours of sleep between lo, dh snoring and nightmares. This should be a fun day
    image.
  • Options
    I keep falling asleep during MOTN nursing sessions. Like is 215 when he wakes, I latch him, look at my watch and its 5 and I have no idea what happened. Im scared I will suffocate him with my boob. Any suggestions to keep me up but him sleepy??
  • Options

@amlonica‌- I have to get out of bed to not fall asleep. In her nursery we have a wooden rocking chair which is comfortable to sit and rock in but not comfortable to fall asleep in. This keeps me awake. I have her light switch on a dimmer so I turn it way down to keep it almost dark which keeps her nice and sleepy.

This is me exactly except for the dimmer switch. We just have a night light dome/sound machine in his room

• Options
    I feed him in the rocker recliner we have upstairs in his room. Its literally the only chair upstairs. And we have a noise machine/night light which is the only thing i keep on. I think Im going to try grabbing my phone right away and doing a little candy crush or something to occupy me.
  • Options
    cko521 said:

TwizzyG said:

This is us too. She added a wake up at 11:30/12, so now she also wakes up at 4. Before, she just had one wake up between 2-4 only. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh :(
    This is us too! I was hoping it would go back to the way it was soon. Thought maybe it was a growth spurt?
    I'm thinking it's a growth spurt too. Hoping it ends soon since we're on day 3 of this misery.

• Options
    @cko521‌ they sometimes aren't as comfortable and familiar with our LO's as we are. We know we just figure it out as we go along but in their eyes we've got it together and know what we are doing so it's easy for them to give up so quickly and pass baby back to us. They just need encouragement and that sometimes means leave them alone with LO. When we are around it's easy to just give them and all is right in the world again. Take a deep breath. It's easy for both of you to get frustrated with each other, and it's very common for men to get engrossed in the maintaining and improvement of the home. They are providers by nature. My DH can get caught up in his chores sometimes too. Today I let DH sleep in (he stayed up late last night to deal with our getting over being sick 3 year old) and then he spent the day working in the garage. So tomorrow he is on duty so I can sleep when baby does and it's his turn to take care of dinner. Good luck and i promise it does get better!!

• Options
    @cko521‌ we've been doing this all day,ugh. Hope your LO goes down soon. Im just waiting for mine to wake up again any minute.
  • Options
    Aaannnddd she has hiccups. They've been going for about 20 minutes.. She was getting sleepy right before them and then *hic* eyes pop open and she's wide awake. I want sleep!
  • Options
    TwizzyGTwizzyG member
    edited September 2014
    @cko521‌ just had that exact fight with DH this week. I feel like a single mother most of the time. He has done a grand total of 2 MOTN feedings since we had DD. And he feels like he should get a pat on the back for doing a rare morning feeding (the 6 or 7 am feed). Why should I have to say thank you for you feeding your kid? Since when does a guy only have to be a dad from 6am to 9pm? Last I checked, being a parent is a 24 hour job. 

My problem is that even when DH is off work, he finds other things to do and doesn't spend time with me or the baby. And when he does work, he gets home and doesn't help with any of the night routine (bath and feeding). He wakes her up for her bath, "plays" with her for 5 minutes until she starts crying, then hands her off to me. Even after my blow up of telling him that he isn't helping me enough, I asked him if he'll take the morning feeding today. He responded...yeah, if it's after I get up at 6. And he knows it's been an exhausting couple of days with DD going through a growth spurt. I wanted to smack him. 

So no, you are NOT being a bitch.

• Options
    Too tired to sleep. I've been trying to fall asleep for 3 hours now. What the hell!?!? :((

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"