Parenting

TGIF drinking/randoms

Re: TGIF drinking/randoms

• Migraines are the worst @NellyBluth‌ :(. Do you get them a lot?
    SQUIRREL!!!

• Loading the player...
  • I left LO home to go to dinner when he was home less than a week. He had been in the NICU for a while so he was older than a week but I'm sure some would still judge.

But so far I've only left him with our moms so as far as how old before I would leave him with a sitter... Hard to say. I'm hoping this time next year he'll be ready for sleepovers with our friends kids so we can trade date nights

Harry Styles = Life Ruiner

There’s a lightning in your eyes I can't deny
    Then there’s me inside a sinking boat running out of time
    Without you I'll never make it out alive
    But I know, yes, I know we’ll be alright
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    J. 1.14.13 my reason for breathing 
  • Oreos, though.

Preach
    SQUIRREL!!!

• Also someone is most definitely smoking a dube outside.  I haven't smoked pot in a really reeeeeally long time.  I would been down for that tonight.  I should probably not ask the random neighbors if I could have a hit though, huh?
    Lol amazing. 

And it can't hurt!

Harry Styles = Life Ruiner

There’s a lightning in your eyes I can't deny
    Then there’s me inside a sinking boat running out of time
    Without you I'll never make it out alive
    But I know, yes, I know we’ll be alright
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    J. 1.14.13 my reason for breathing 
  • Well, I listened to @mbenit4 and ignored the fake crying.  It went on for about 30 minutes, but then he asked me to give him his pacifier and then he went right to sleep.  

I'm on my third glass of wine to celebrate.

My pretty new chromebook and/or the charger is not working properly.  It won't charge and it is really annoying me.  I have serious business to take care of tonight!

And my husband has seriously just talked at me for 15 minutes about motorcycle seats and saddlebags.

• I'm jealous of people with family and close friends involved who can leave their babes earlier on. DS just wakes up a lot still and I'm not planning to ST (plus I don't think he'd respond well to it, based on a few things), so I wouldn't feel comfortable with a sitter at this point. We're sort of an island right now.

I think he's getting reeeeally close to a point where I might be able to start doing that, though. I'm stoked.
    But with family all really close together and near you, you get stuck in all the dramas!
    True. Which is a simplified reason why they can all fuck off and I don't talk to them anymore, haha

• mbenit4 said:
    Well, I listened to @mbenit4 and ignored the fake crying.  It went on for about 30 minutes, but then he asked me to give him his pacifier and then he went right to sleep.  

I'm on my third glass of wine to celebrate.

My pretty new chromebook and/or the charger is not working properly.  It won't charge and it is really annoying me.  I have serious business to take care of tonight!

And my husband has seriously just talked at me for 15 minutes about motorcycle seats and saddlebags.
    Let me say, I am not a CIO person but if there are no tears then it's not crying but stalling. If they see it doesn't work they'll do something else. Real crying? Go to him.
    I am not a CIO person, either.  I am certain he has figured out how to play me.  And it's hard for me to ignore the tiny voice that is saying, "but what if something really is wrong?"  

It mostly goes like this:
    "Don't want go to bed"
    "NOOOOOOO"
    "Mama don't get your jammies on"
    "Don't want go in crib"
    "Mama get you"
    "Mama lay in big bed"
    "Mama hold you" 
    "Go out in living room"  
    And once he calms down, it's "mama get you water," "mama get your too many trains," "mama tell daddy come here," "mama get your your truck book and your train book" and on and on and on.  

Playing me.  I need to toughen up now or else I'm in trouble.

• I am actually kind of concerned HGG might live with his parents or something. I mean, I'm not trying to judge parent/adult child cohabiters, but at the same time… my experience with those types has NOT been good.

I ain't got time for that shit. 

• jAp - exactly. Lord knows my financial situation has not always been sunny, but some people just can't seem to get it together. 

• I decided to borrow my sister's cat cutters to wear to the movies and holy vagina and butt cheeks. Bad move.
    I lol'd.

• je+suis=fatiguee  You could start off by using a college kid as a mother's helper. You can be in the house while they interact with each other and build up your comfort level. Then you can start daytime babysitting for a few hours while your LO isn't STTN. When you are completely comfortable, you can try nighttime sitting.
    This is a good idea. I am concerned at how much that would cost me, but I should look into it.

It would also be a good motivator to get my apartment in order a bit more ;)

• je+suis=fatiguee  You could start off by using a college kid as a mother's helper. You can be in the house while they interact with each other and build up your comfort level. Then you can start daytime babysitting for a few hours while your LO isn't STTN. When you are completely comfortable, you can try nighttime sitting.
    I read this quickly and kinda thought you were making a joke about HGG and him living at home and how to get him acclimated to not living at home.  LOL 
    I lol'd again. Ahhhhh hahahha

• I'm in charge of DD's soccer team's camp out activities. They camp on the field overnight with a coach. DD is so easy going and will do anything fun even if it's a tad childish and silly. Her close friends are the same way, but this is a different group of girls. I'm afraid what I come up with will be lame for high schoolers. They have a no cell phone policy at the camp out so they actually want some type of activities. I'm so nervous about this. I don't want high school girls to think I'm a loser. I had enough of that decades ago.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • Our community college has a similar program @bunkinmama and I was going to suggest that route also. Hmmm...I'm definitely still in your backyard.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • Why do people keep dying? Wtf
    :/  is everything ok?

• I'm sorry @haygurlhay. Are you ok?
  • Thanks @nellybluth Hula hoops are a great idea.

Is this lame?
    Night Time Bowling water bottle recycle camping glow stick sleepover summer outside play games block party dollar store kid toddler. No instructions - Just a picture.
    Idk about outdoor bowling using these as pins BUT it is still cool for decor, maybe.

• I dated a really lame guy who used the word "neat" all the time. Like… a lot. 

• If you had come outside to smoke that doober, you'd think the pretty glow lights were neat, too.
    ILY lol

• I've actually done the glow in the dark bowling before, just with younger kids. The set up definitely works.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"