Options

UO Thursday

Re: UO Thursday

• Options
    ...but do you guys hate even caramel corn?? :(
  • Options
    SNLT1012 said:
    ...but do you guys hate even caramel corn?? :(
    I won't eat any type of popcorn.  I also don't eat any cereal.  Bad memories of being forced to eat soggy cereal at camp when I was little.

Married 9-1-12 (On Depo until 4-12)        Me- 33, DH- 36
    NTNP starting 9-12, Actively TTC since 9-13
    My DX- Hypothyroidism.  Prescribed Synthroid
    DH's DX- Severe MFI- first SA results: 1.3 mill (1.2 mill motile), 21.6% motility, 2% morphology
    Blood test revealed low testosterone so DH was prescribed Clomid.  Repeat blood test and SA in November.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    In response to jury duty. Everyone wants to do it until they end up in a trial for child molestation. Just no.

My MIL is a court reporter in a criminal court and she deals with this on a regular basis. I usually end up archiving her exhibits and it sucks!
    Not a fan of jury duty.
    **May 2015 Siggy **imageFav Holiday Movie
    "Meet me in St. Louis"
    imageimageimage
    photo 8d082fa1-60bf-4c58-9505-dc8820557700.jpg
    Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I dislike the ocean. The only thing it's good for is to go pee in when you'e at the beach.

:-O @-)
    Dude, the ocean is nature's toilet.
    The ocean is awesome. AWESOME. You can disagree, but you're wrong if you do ;)
    Salt water is so gross. I hate the way it makes me feel. In most cases you can't see your feet and SHARKS.

Although, my son appears to love it, so I will tolerate it for him. His smile makes it that much better.
    I am with you, i HATE the ocean, do not get the appeal, it is usually cold, smells bad, and makes your skin feel all tight and itchy...

and don't even get me started on the sand!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    beepitybeepity member
    Agreed the ocean is just "meh".
    Lake > ocean (as in Lake Michigan with fabulous sand and fresh water)
    Married 2006
    Surprise BFP Feb 2008 MC at 6w2d

TTC since May 2014       
    BFP! 10/28/14       EDD 7/5/15

BabyFetus Ticker http://ugc.theknot.com/3452225-original.gif

• Options
    tlc35tlc35 member
    I think this is probably unpopular. I just got called for jury duty (for July), and I think it might actually be interesting to serve and wouldn't mind too much if I get picked (this is probably also because I am salaried and would get paid through work regardless - so wouldn't lose money). 
    I loved my time on jury duty (well, the parts where I was actually on a jury). I ended up with an awesome case and I was the foreperson. The woman was having a relationship with a married man and ended up hiring a kid off the street to help her kidnap the wife. We found her guilty of aggravated burglary (yes, a person can be burgled), carrying concealed, possession of criminal tools, and something else. Only charge we found her not guilty on was conspiracy to commit murder while she was in jail, she was supposedly working with another inmate to have the wife killed but there wasn't really enough evidence to support that.
    That is some crazy lifetime shit there!
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Options
    @LittleMrsW, the thread was deleted before I could tell you how amazingly creepy that gif was.  Well done.... and welcome to TTGP :).

DH's DX- Severe MFI- first SA results: 1.3 mill (1.2 mill motile), 21.6% motility, 2% morphology
    Blood test revealed low testosterone so DH was prescribed Clomid.  Repeat blood test and SA in November.

• Options
    I volunteer for a few hours and miss 6 pages? 

MY UOs:

I think any meat from animals other than from a fowl is gross.
    I think any food that comes from the water is gross. 
    I hate popcorn.
    I don't like social events where I have to smile non-stop and compliment everyone on something. 
    I hunt and fish so you would hate dinner at my house!!!

Totes impressed that you hunt and fish!
  • Options
    I cannot believe people didn't know what hair pie was.

::hangs head in shame::
  • Options
    TammyDoubleBTammyDoubleB member
    edited May 2014
    I don't like the colors yellow and orange. I think they are gross.
    @katnhiding, you would not like Saturdays during football season in Knoxville, Tennessee.

My Age - 41, DH's Age - 42

TTC #1 since November 2011
    Dx: Endometriosis, Stenosis of the Cervix, Uterine Polyp, Hostile CM and Borderline PCOS
    Stage 1 Endo and Uterine Polyp removed and Cervix widened on July 9, 2012.
    IUI #1 Clomid 50 mg - 3/6/13 BFN
    IUI #2 Clomid 50 mg - 4/3/13 BFN
    IUI #3 Clomid 50 mg - 10/4/13 BFN
    IUI #4 Clomid 100 mg + HCG trigger - 11/2/13 BFN
    Cycle #28 - Clomid 100 mg + HCG trigger + TI (IUI #5 cancelled) - 2/5/14 BFN
    IUI #5 Clomid 100 mg + HCG trigger - 3/5/14 BFN

• Options

I volunteer for a few hours and miss 6 pages? 

MY UOs:

I think any meat from animals other than from turkey and chicken is gross.
    I think any food that comes from the water is gross. 
    I hate popcorn.
    I don't like social events where I have to smile non-stop and compliment everyone on something. 

ETA: I didn't make any sense. Words are hard. Me confused. 
    This is EXACTLY me. Though I do like bacon/sausage/pepperoni. I even get annoyed when I go to volunteer and threads get long.
    Diagnosed with multiple infertility factors July 2011
    Surprise BFP while saving for IVF September 2011
    Our miracle baby girl born May 4, 2012

• Options
    edited May 2014

Kredd88 said:

My UO- I think wearing gas masks to work out is the stupidest thing I've seen in a long time.

Say what now?  
    Is this a thing? What possible reason could this be for? Making it more difficult to breathe? - which wouldn't help with fitness, calorie loss, or really anything...

@Kredd88 I agree! They flat out freak me out! A guy got on the treadmill next to me wearing one and he sounded like "Bane" from batman. I asked him what the hell it was for and he said that it was supposed to mimic high elevations. I guess he was training for a marathon or something. Not sure if there's anything out there backing what it claims to do - that's just what I was told.

-----
    It's totally one of those fad things. I was in Yoga today and watching a guy through the door as he shook the ropes wearing one. I see it all the time and I'm like no.. you look like a tool and it does nothing for you.. except make you look like a tool

Edit because I spelled shit wrong

What Are Your Thoughts on Tap Dancing Penguins?

• Options

Ducktale said:

I cannot believe people didn't know what hair pie was.

Lol. I've been wondering where you were all thread and that's all you have to say?

DS had his tonsils out and there were issues. I had a blood drooling toddler on my lap all morning. He's ok now. 

------
    Awww... Poor baby! He feeling better now?

What Are Your Thoughts on Tap Dancing Penguins?

• Options
    As better as can be expected. He's eating cookies, so life can't be that bad. 

Actually I think he's sleeping. I can't tell from here though, and he's mad at me. So whatever.

Poor little guy-- glad he's doing a bit better though.  That has to be really stressful.

• Options
    @whitney101411 we don't even buy regular bacon anymore.  Turkey bacon 4 lyfe.

I also use ground turkey for any recipe that needs ground beef.  We still eat beef occasionally but the good grass fed locally raised stuff is pretty pricey so we save steak for special occasions instead of settling for crappy cuts.

• Options
    @Ducktale (aoooooo-oooo), It's true.  Real bacon gives me nasty stomach aches now that I am used to turkey bacon.

I live a sad life.

• Options
    It's the grease. I used to prefer regular bacon, but the more I eat turkey bacon the more I prefer it now that I've gotten good at cooking it and in general now that I have cut down on greasy food overall.
    Same here- any greasy food gives me stomach issues anymore so it's nice to have something lighter.

I do like the taste, but a lot of that is just because I am used to it now.

• Options
    @Trickyjedi‌ love tits times one million!!!!! What kind of bow do you have?i just got a new browning last year and lovvvvvve it :)

TTGP Jan Siggy Challenge: Workout Fails

Workout FAIL!. .. actually about 1% of the male population CAN

So THAT's how you get into baby-making position!

imageDjhffrz4XcU3vY8JaKJ0mg2KTyzMU4IW_lg.jpg

• Options
    @myatala @WhoCanItBeNow‌ I actually find a bigger difference between kindergarteners with involved vs not involved parents that kindergarteners who went to preschool vs those who didn't.

• Options
    rayschicky said:@myatala @WhoCanItBeNow‌ I actually find a bigger difference between kindergarteners with involved vs not involved parents that kindergarteners who went to preschool vs those who didn't.
    I completely agree. My sister is a preschool teacher and for 9 out of 10 of her kids it is really only good for social interaction and learning how to leave mom for the day. Most of her kids already know everything that they cover as far as curriculum. The only children who struggle are those with learning disabilities or behavioral issues or those with difficult home lives. 
  • Options
    edited May 2014

myatala said:

My UO for today is I don't understand preschool graduations. Like, with caps and gowns and stuff. When did preschool become such a big fucking deal? I don't plan to even send my kid. Is he really going to be missing out?

You aren't going to do preschool at all? I hope like hell you are a good teacher because your children will be insanely behind without it. 

----pretend there's a quote box----

I'm going to agree with WCIBN here. I taught at a private (read: expensive tuition) school. My K's that hadn't done preschool, or even the ones that did really limited preschool (like 1 or 2 mornings a week) were waaaaaaay behind their peers.
    Diagnosed with multiple infertility factors July 2011
    Surprise BFP while saving for IVF September 2011
    Our miracle baby girl born May 4, 2012

• Options
    lizabethc said:
    It's the grease. I used to prefer regular bacon, but the more I eat turkey bacon the more I prefer it now that I've gotten good at cooking it and in general now that I have cut down on greasy food overall.
    Same here- any greasy food gives me stomach issues anymore so it's nice to have something lighter.

I do like the taste, but a lot of that is just because I am used to it now.

Next you're going to tell me you like the taste of dry lettuce.
    imageimageimage
    BFP 6/15/14   EDD: 2/24/15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @Ducktale, I am not a big fan of dressing on salads.... I get Italian (or something similar) on the side and barely use any.

AndsometimesIeatromaineleavesplain.

• Options
    beepitybeepity member
    @rentaduckie‌ bacon IN fried rice? You just changed my life.
    Married 2006
    Surprise BFP Feb 2008 MC at 6w2d

TTC since May 2014       
    BFP! 10/28/14       EDD 7/5/15

BabyFetus Ticker http://ugc.theknot.com/3452225-original.gif

• Options
    lizabethc said:
    @whitney101411 we don't even buy regular bacon anymore.  Turkey bacon 4 lyfe.

I also use ground turkey for any recipe that needs ground beef.  We still eat beef occasionally but the good grass fed locally raised stuff is pretty pricey so we save steak for special occasions instead of settling for crappy cuts.
    Soulmates.

I use ground turkey for tacos! DH eats steak and beef, etc. I'm just picky. 
    We both still enjoy red meat but it's just not worth the effort when ground turkey is so good in stuff like homemade manwich or tacos.

I haven't had steak in a long time but I love a good steak.  Cooked rare, naturally.

• Options
    myatalamyatala member
    myatala said:

My UO for today is I don't understand preschool graduations. Like, with caps and gowns and stuff. When did preschool become such a big fucking deal? I don't plan to even send my kid. Is he really going to be missing out?
    You aren't going to do preschool at all? I hope like hell you are a good teacher because your children will be insanely behind without it. 

We may unschool or homeschool for the bulk of his education anyway. He can learn without preschool. He can socialize in other venues. Preschool is a big expense and I'd rather put that money toward other enrichment activities. But nothing's set in stone; we have our tentative plans but we have to wait and see what seems like the best fit for our kid.
  • Options
    I didn't go to preschool and I was one of the top kids in my class. I knew how to read before I even started kindergarten

/anecdote
  • Options
    @Trickyjedi‌ my DH shoots a PSE also and really seems to enjoy it. I grew up with browning though and some things are just hard to change haha!

• Options
    For the ground turkey people, do you do it for health reasons? I only ask because originally we did (years ago) but have changed to occasional lean ground beef as ground turkey is way higher in cholesterol vs ground beef.
  • Options
    I forgot beef was a thing. I haven't bought it in years; we use ground turkey for everything. I actually prefer the taste now.
  • Options
    myatala said:
    myatala said:

We may unschool or homeschool for the bulk of his education anyway. He can learn without preschool. He can socialize in other venues. Preschool is a big expense and I'd rather put that money toward other enrichment activities. But nothing's set in stone; we have our tentative plans but we have to wait and see what seems like the best fit for our kid.
    WCIBN, I don't agree.
    What will they be behind in? (Correction: what will they be insanely behind in?)
    Socialization? If a kid is part of other social activities, they will be fine. (Example: Sunday School for church goers.) Anyway, the rules governing preschool classes are different than those governing kindergarten ones. Kids have to learn a whole new set of social behaviors anyway.
    Reading? Kids don't learn how to read in Preschool anyway.
    Learning their letters? I'm sure myatala can teach letters to her kids.
    Shapes? Numbers? Eating paste?
    Seriously, what will they learn in preschool that cannot be learned at home or in other groups?

For the record, I also don't understand preschool graduations. :-) Or elementary graduations, or middle school graduations.
    BabyFruit Ticker    image

F15 December Siggy Challenge:
    Holiday Decorations Fail
  • Options
    Mei&MeiMei&Mei member
    edited May 2014
    Here is a sample of work from one of my pre-k girls. I have a class of 32 kids and about half of them are writing at this level. Oh, and they are Chinese. English is their second language and is most cases isn't spoken at home or anywhere outside of school.

So yeah they learn a lot. ;)

Translation:
    The fan is big.
    Ant like to eat apple, the strawberry
    Rabbit can eat carrot.
    Can flower drink water?
    Oscar Leopold 4/2009
    transluscence
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Mei&Mei said:

Here is a sample of work from one of my pre-k girls. I have a class of 32 kids and about half of them are writing at this level. Oh, and they are Chinese. English is their second language and is most cases isn't spoken at home or anywhere outside of school.

So yeah they learn a lot. ;)

Translation:
    The fan is big.
    Ant like to eat apple, the strawberry
    Rabbit can eat carrot.
    Can flower drink water?

I think that's pretty above average for preschool.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"