October 2014 Moms
Options

GTKY: What does your SO do?

13»

Re: GTKY: What does your SO do?

• Options
    My husband is a systems engineer and works in defense contracting. Systems engineers in the defensive industry have a different role than they do in the commercial world. He basically takes what the mechanical, software, and hardware engineers do and makes it all work together. He's a genius, literally, so add me to the list of women with hot nerd husbands.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My husband works for the federal government in a policy role.
    Me: 30 H: 30, Married Since 10/2010, TTC #1 in 12/2013, BFP 2/13/2014, Baby M 10/16/14
    It's a girl!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH is a physical therapist. He works for a company whose clientele mostly consists of spinal cord injuries and amputees. He is so incredibly humble about it too!! He comes home with all these amazing stories ( a gym getting to play catch with his son for the first time, a guy with a goal to be able to stand on his own so he can surprise his wife and remarry her) and he thinks nothing of it!! Meanwhile I'm I tears telling him how awesome he is haha
    Anniversaryimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    He is a senior software engineer for a company that does graphics for sports, so things like the yellow line in football and score tickers on games.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    My DH is a general manager of a pizza chain, as well as the director of training and recruitment for all the stores in the area and an area representative (he travels around and makes sure all the local stores are doing what they're supposed to). He's also in the process of opening his own franchise with a couple other local managers. 

He got a degree in civil engineering and traffic design but he likes restraunts better, lol.

BabyFetus Ticker 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic   Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
  • Options
    VCGolfNYC said:
    Eastie156 said:
    DH is in his last year of Law School at night. During the day he works in the energy investment field. He was an Economics/Political Science major in undergrad and worked for a long time as a Financial Analyst at a big investment bank.
    @eastie156

Woo, another finance/banking SO!  Are you by any chance in the NYC area? 

@VCGolfNYC, no, Boston

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• Options
    DH is an RN, just like me. We met at work! (At a hospital neither of us work at anymore). It's really nice that we both work 3 12 hour shifts a week. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Father's Day at the beach 2014 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    @alphasierra The benefits are hard to give up! Although we never got to a mainline like Delta where the seniority would've been better! We were made an offer we couldn't refuse :-) He's currently flying a TBM and his boss has a couple others but that's the main one. How about your hubby?
  • Options
    DH is a chef, and my partner at our own bakery. I'm so impressed with him and he teaches me something new everyday! (he's been in our industry three times as long as I have)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DH is an account executive for Fox -- selling commercial/advertising spots to companies

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH is a chef, and my partner at our own bakery. I'm so impressed with him and he teaches me something new everyday! (he's been in our industry three times as long as I have)

This is my dream job!

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @AlphaSierra Thanks! It's tough. How hard was it for you having your dad gone so much? I'm worried about how much he will miss out on with LO.
  • Options
    He is a construction worker. A tall strong sexy one I might add. I manage a team in the corporate world. Opposites attract.
  • Options
    My DW is a Sergeant in our local Sheriff's office

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"