October 2014 Moms
Options

GTKY: What does your SO do?

Re: GTKY: What does your SO do?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH is a grease monkey. He loves working on cars, but restoration is his true passion and he's hoping to get into that before long.

• Options
    My H does programming for a security company. That is where we met. He has worked his way up the company latter. What is funny is hr majored in music in college. He wanted to be promoting bands. But he just could not do anything with it.
    *Add me to the hot techy nerd group. 8-> *
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hubby is an amazingly talented chef. I'm not biased at all. I swear. ;)

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    vmt617vmt617 member
    DH is a science teacher. 
    EDD 10/24/14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @c_mo Albertan much!?!?!?!?   (I live in BC and did my schooling in Alberta.)

My husband is a Forester!  Yes, definitely, a BC kind of guy!!!!
    Bean - 02/19/12
    Burrito -  10/04/14
  • Options
    lrobi13lrobi13 member
    DH is a grease monkey. He loves working on cars, but restoration is his true passion and he's hoping to get into that before long.

My DH is just getting out of it right now.  There are so many restored cars on the market that you can buy cheaper than it would cost to do it from scratch.    Plus, my guy just got so burned out running his own business. 

Best of luck to your husband!  It can be so much fun when they finish a car and are so proud.  One of DH's was bought at Barrett Jackson in FL and was used in a Shakira video.  It was one of the first things he said to impress me.  It may have worked  ;)

• Options
    DH is a project and property manager 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My FurBaby Dexter 4/13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC since 07/12
    MC - 03/13
    BFP - 2/9/14 EDD 10/17/14
  • Options
    vrj0522vrj0522 member
    DH is a petroleum engineer. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    C_mo said:
    My husband does way too much lol. He is a cattle rancher, we have about 110 head of cattle (not half as much as he'd like). To support that dirty habit he works out as an oilfield operator. He also makes props for me sometimes. 
    My FI is also a cattle rancher.  We have about 600 head, and I'm still learning a lot about helping out around here.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Eastie156 said:
    DH is in his last year of Law School at night. During the day he works in the energy investment field. He was an Economics/Political Science major in undergrad and worked for a long time as a Financial Analyst at a big investment bank.
    @eastie156

Woo, another finance/banking SO!  Are you by any chance in the NYC area? 
    Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• Options
    Adding to hot nerd list - oil & gas engineer who mostly does project management. He happily builds all my excel spreadsheets! Also handy- reno-ing our garage now & has built & fixed many a things for us. Double Yahoo!
  • Options
    DH is a lawyer...and a huge History nerd. 

• Options
    DH does marketing for a internet quote request company.

image image image

• Options
    lrobi13 said:

My DH is just getting out of it right now.  There are so many restored cars on the market that you can buy cheaper than it would cost to do it from scratch.    Plus, my guy just got so burned out running his own business. 

Best of luck to your husband!  It can be so much fun when they finish a car and are so proud.  One of DH's was bought at Barrett Jackson in FL and was used in a Shakira video.  It was one of the first things he said to impress me.  It may have worked  ;)

Yeah, he wants his own business and the thought of that scares me. He's found a college program that will give him a bachelor's degree in automotive restoration and they set them up with internships with private collectors or museums caring for their collections. My hope is that he can find and be happy in a job like that.

• Options
    Eastie156 said:
    DH is in his last year of Law School at night. During the day he works in the energy investment field. He was an Economics/Political Science major in undergrad and worked for a long time as a Financial Analyst at a big investment bank.
    You get all of my respect for being the wife of a law student. DH and I were both law students at the same time, so neither of us had free time... but I think it would be so hard to put up with the insanity. Especially if he works another job during the day!
  • Options
    DH and I are both lawyers. 

But in summer, he's really a wanna-be professional golfer. It's an obsession.
  • Options
    @AppleGrapeMSTK‌ look up individual development accounts on line. There are non profits all over that will give you grant money for college.

My h currently works for a prescription benefit company and he is an account manager. He took this job for less stress and less hours but it has turned out to be worse than his previous job. He was an account manager for a gps monitoring company that monitors criminals who are on house arrest or their movements need to be monitored. His customers were most of the law enforcement agencies in our state and some of the courts and mental hospitals. He was on call 24/7 but he had a lot of flexibility and we got to travel for free a lot. I miss it! Oh! And the pay was much better!
  • Options
    DH is an electrical engineer at a steel mill
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Mine manages malls (works for the largest REIT). I do as well- separate properties but that's how we met!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    DH and I are both lawyers. 

But in summer, he's really a wanna-be professional golfer. It's an obsession.
    @amandajean12

I can sympathize with the bolded!  DH is at the club every.single.day after work and on Sat&Sun he is there from 7am - 4pm if he isn't traveling for tournaments (he still competes but doesn't accept prizes so he retains amateur status).  Being golf chair doesn't help matters.  This spring he even went on his college golf team's spring golf trip to Arizona.  Winter is special golf pilates and indoor lessons.  From April - Oct I am a golf widow, though that will be changing this Oct!   
    Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• Options
    CNJ4EVACNJ4EVA member
    Automotive technician. And an honest one! :)
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
  • Options
    BBBradyBBBrady member
    dana2die4 said:

DH has been a Police Officer for 12 years now, and is currently in investigations. 

My hubs is a cop, in investigations too!
    DD Caitlin 8/2012, m/c 8/2013, m/c 12/2013, Rainbow baby due 10/17/2014!!!
  • Options
    MrsBabe614 He is at Delta. DH thinks about going corporate every now and then, but the flight benefits have been addicting! We live at a hub, which is also his base so life is pretty good (other than that 4 days gone thing). What type of plane does your DH fly?
    KLS1003.2

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @apk4 My hat off your your DH! My dad, his dad, and other family members roughnecked for many years. The stories we heard from the rig were pretty wild!
    KLS1003.2

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    DH is a police officer.
    Jenna (27) + Shawn (27) 09.07.13
    DS Carter (7) 11.09.06
    DS Tanner (5) 01.15.09
    Baby #3 is due 09.28.14

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DH is in the Coast Guard in aviation.  He is getting out of the CG a couple months after the baby is born, and going to school to become a mechanical engineer. :)  

• Options
    Coffee sampler. He doesn't taste it, it has to so with the beans.
  • Options
    DH is a corrections office working to become a cop. He loves it!
  • Options
    slsl509slsl509 member
    edited May 2014
    DH is a data analyst at a university - another math nerd. I don't really understand what he does, as my friend said "so...he adds?" His background is in statistics but he is zero help to me when I'm trying to read and interpret any biostats in medical literature. Lame :)
  • Options
    I've got a hot bean counter for a husband.
    Baby J #2 due 11.12.16
    Sydney Elizabeth born 9.24.14

• Options
    @savagek7 H is a percussionist. To be a principle I know you must have to practice like crazy! The people who can focus like that really amaze me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My dh is an auto mechanic. Don't know what I would do without him he can fix just about anything!
    Mother of two sweet boys. One on earth and one in Heaven.  Sweet Baby Wyatt 3/29/13-9/10/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"