September 2012 Moms
Options

Monday Randoms?

...because our giant annual event is over, and I finally have time for things.

I have my maternity leave meeting with HR on Thursday.  The other woman in my office is requesting that her daughter temp while I am out on leave.  I think this is odd.

They are pouring our foundation this week!  Yay!

Pregsomnia is balls.

I have lots more...I just need to wake up...because you know, pregsomnia.

Re: Monday Randoms?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pregsomnia here too.  I have a cold and keep waking up with a sore throat, so I probably should blame it entirely on the kid just yet.

It's been raining here for the good part of 36ish hours.  Balls.

I have to go to the post office today.  I don't know why but it's one of my least favorite errands.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @bper pregsomnia is the balls. Are you normally a stomach sleeper?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    I have a 5 page paper that I have to get started on but it is so hard to get moving on it.  I know I need to just face the music and make it happen...but I'm bumping.
    Dexter 08/31/2012~Summer 07/25/2011~Jack 10/21/2008~Aaron 08/12/2007
  • Options
    MRoxy0628MRoxy0628 member
    edited April 2014
    Pregsomnia here too.  I have a cold and keep waking up with a sore throat, so I probably should blame it entirely on the kid just yet.

I have to go to the post office today.  I don't know why but it's one of my least favorite errands.
    Me too.  I wish they'd have a drive through for the post office. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have SO MUCH work, yet I waste time (technically, I'm waiting for a giant file to download on my computer right now, so I might as well multi-task here, right?

As mentioned in the other thread, I somehow managed to forget to apply foundation this morning, so now I feel like super bare-face.

I started my day with a mini Reese's pb cup (DS handed it to me; I couldn't tell my 4-year-old I didn't want it!), and now, I'm craving a piece of cake.

DH and I did a 5K mud run on Saturday. It was fun, but somehow I landed wrong coming off a water slide, jarring all my weight through one leg, and my knee's been bothering me ever since. If I really injured myself on something so dumb, I'm going to be pissed.

• Options
    MRoxy0628 said:

Me too.  I wish they'd have a drive through for the post office. 
    Yes, the post office and the bank are ones I put off as long as possible.

• Options
    DH is complaining that I want sex too much. That pisses me off. I should tell him to complain to his coworkers and see what they say.

I got my eshakti dresses in the mail today. I love them. They're for our anniversary dinner Saturday. Hopefully DH doesn't keep acting like an ass all week. 

I need to transfer my sprouted vegetables to bigger containers, but I don't know what. I feel like this shouldn't be this difficult. I'm getting close to just putting them in the ground and trying to figure out a way to keep the dogs and chickens out of it. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options
    That's because everyone who works at the post office is a complete asshole.  At least at my post office.

But our mailman?  Greg?  Seriously one of the nicest people I've ever met.  I love him.  He reminds me so much of my Grandpa.  He even brought his wife to my rummage sale last year and they bought my $100 giant mirrors. :-)

I have a student who is driving me crazy.  In 7 years of higher ed, I've never once had a student this high maintenance.  She's dangerously close to her aggregate limit on financial aid and she won't have enough money to finish the program, so do I tell her that, or do I just expect that she knows that since she's probably been getting letters about it for as long as I've been alive?  I'm not kidding, I heard from her 17 times last week and she popped in to see me twice.  I have over 400 students.  I literally do not have time to devote to someone that needy.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    DH is complaining that I want sex too much. That pisses me off. I should tell him to complain to his coworkers and see what they say.
    Ha!  Try complaining to my DH and he'd get nowhere.  It's the opposite complaint in our house.

And I too hate the post office and the bank.  The worst part is that we have a bank at our corporate office.  I literally just have to go down 6 floors...yet I still procrastinate.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    Today is the start of week 3 of living with my parents and I'm really starting to lose it.  We are just all on top of each other in the house, even having our own bedrooms and the poor kids are just so wild and out of sorts and I feel bad for them since they've been uprooted, spend 3 hours in the car on M/W/F, etc.  They aren't getting as much sleep since we have such a long commute and it's just general chaos.  May 15 cannot come soon enough.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    MommaP12 said:
    Today is the start of week 3 of living with my parents and I'm really starting to lose it.  We are just all on top of each other in the house, even having our own bedrooms and the poor kids are just so wild and out of sorts and I feel bad for them since they've been uprooted, spend 3 hours in the car on M/W/F, etc.  They aren't getting as much sleep since we have such a long commute and it's just general chaos.  May 15 cannot come soon enough.
    Hang in there! I often say it would be really hard to live with relatives. Just keep telling yourself the end is almost in sight!

• Options
    MommaP12 said:
    Such a big change in routine is hard for everyone.  My kids would be melting down.  Hope the next few weeks fly by!  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    That's because everyone who works at the post office is a complete asshole.  At least at my post office.

But our mailman?  Greg?  Seriously one of the nicest people I've ever met.  I love him.  He reminds me so much of my Grandpa.  He even brought his wife to my rummage sale last year and they bought my $100 giant mirrors. :-)

I have a student who is driving me crazy.  In 7 years of higher ed, I've never once had a student this high maintenance.  She's dangerously close to her aggregate limit on financial aid and she won't have enough money to finish the program, so do I tell her that, or do I just expect that she knows that since she's probably been getting letters about it for as long as I've been alive?  I'm not kidding, I heard from her 17 times last week and she popped in to see me twice.  I have over 400 students.  I literally do not have time to devote to someone that needy.
    Tell her to log in to NSLDS and ask if she knows what her limits are. I am surprised by the number of students who have no clue how much debt they are going to have until they are close to graduating or entering a graduate program.

• Options
    All of you selling/buying are seriously giving me the itch. I really want to move to a new area closer to downtown and have more square footage... but it's either one or the other.

• Options
    kdsmith43 said:

Tell her to log in to NSLDS and ask if she knows what her limits are. I am surprised by the number of students who have no clue how much debt they are going to have until they are close to graduating or entering a graduate program.
    That's the thing--she has to be aware that she's close, based on the conversations we've had.  Last week she sat down with our financial counselling services, and it's part of their job to discuss that kind of stuff with her, but unless she tells me about it, that department can't.

Also, let's keep in mind that she has over 90 credits from other colleges and has no degree.  She's been going to college on and off since 1984 and she's now working on an associates degree in nursing, which will take her another 2 1/2 years. I can't imagine having that much debt and nothing to show for it!

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    MommaP12 said:
    I'm sorry, I know how hard that can be.  We stayed with MIL back when we were buying this house and our closing seriously went like this:  We go to the realtor and sign papers, then me saying "go ahead and get the moving truck, I plan to sleep there tonight."  My kids were so uncomfortable and regressing in every way imaginable.  I'm so grateful MIL let us stay with her, but it was so hard.  Try to hang in there a couple more weeks!  :) 
  • Options
    BPerBPer member
    @bper pregsomnia is the balls. Are you normally a stomach sleeper?
    I sleep in a weird half-side, half-belly position.  My problem is that I'm waking like 6-8x a night to pee.  This kid is camped out on my bladder.

• Options
    kdsmith43 said:

That's the thing--she has to be aware that she's close, based on the conversations we've had.  Last week she sat down with our financial counselling services, and it's part of their job to discuss that kind of stuff with her, but unless she tells me about it, that department can't.

Also, let's keep in mind that she has over 90 credits from other colleges and has no degree.  She's been going to college on and off since 1984 and she's now working on an associates degree in nursing, which will take her another 2 1/2 years. I can't imagine having that much debt and nothing to show for it!
    EEEK. I had a student flat out tell me the other day the only reason she was continuing to go to school is so her existing student loans would be in deferment.
    :-O

• Options
    I leave town after work today for a two day business trip and I am seriously looking forward to two consecutive nights of uninterrupted sleep.

• Options
    I feel like we're never going to come up with a name for this baby.  DH doesn't like anything I suggest, but hasn't had 1 single suggestion other than Odin, which I said no to.

Neither of us like trendy names, but all of our guy friends have "classic" names, so it feels weird to entertain those ideas when we know people with so many of them...

We both like Daniel, I still like Walter, but nothing seems to actually stand out.  I feel like it was a lot easier to name a girl...before my Dad died, we had a really solid list of girl names that we liked equally.  After he died and we wanted to use James, Nancy just seemed to fit perfectly with that MN.  I don't know why this is so difficult.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    BPerBPer member
    kelbel527 said:
    We put an offer in on the lot we want yesterday!!  There's no reason it won't be accepted and we don't close until September, so it's exciting but still so far away.

We walked around the lot yesterday.  It's amazing how huge a lot can feel when there's no house on it yet!  It's also a much bigger lot that our current house, so I imagine it will feel huge when it's done too.
    Our lot is pretty big, cleared 7.5 acres.

When we plotted out our house, the house looked tiny.  When they excavated for the foundation, it looked huge, and now that they have placed the forms for our foundation, it makes the house look tiny again.

• Options
    I'm sitting in DH's hospital room, lurking here and trying to work but mostly distracted.  I am also freezing cold, but don't want to bother anyone.  

I'm having a really hard time will all of this.  I hate thinking of my DH as so fragile.  Then when your mind starts wondering you think of what that means and yeah.  So not doing well this time around.  

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Options
    I'm looking at about $17,000 in student loans to finish my degree.  :-<  We are trying to pay as much as we can OOP.

That is totally managable compared to the aggregate limit of $138,500 for graduate level students that some of the folks end up owing.

• Options
    BPerBPer member
    We went out to dinner for my mom's retirement on Saturday night.

When I'm dressed, you can't even tell I'm pregnant, and I really really wanted a half glass of wine with dinner.  At the beginning of the meal, my mom drunkenly announced to our server that we were also "celebrating a baby" and put her hand on my shoulder.  She then asked why I didn't order a glass of wine afterwards.

Well, it's because the entire world now knows that I am pregnant.

• Options
    BPerBPer member
    Pregsomnia is awful. I've only slept taking unisom or Benadryl. If I take nothing, I am up for 2-3 hours in the MOTN.
    My OB prescribes ambien, because I have a history of insomnia even when I am not pregnant.  The problem is, if I take ambien, I become even more constipated than I already am, so it isn't even worth it.

And even when I do take ambien, it wears off at like 4am and I can't fall back asleep. The only good it does is keeping me from waking up to pee from 10-4.

• Options
    StasiStasi member

I get so intimidated at the post office, the workers their scare me because they are all judgy I don't know how to ship something....

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• Options
    StasiStasi member
    I feel like we're never going to come up with a name for this baby.  DH doesn't like anything I suggest, but hasn't had 1 single suggestion other than Odin, which I said no to.

Neither of us like trendy names, but all of our guy friends have "classic" names, so it feels weird to entertain those ideas when we know people with so many of them...

We both like Daniel, I still like Walter, but nothing seems to actually stand out.  I feel like it was a lot easier to name a girl...before my Dad died, we had a really solid list of girl names that we liked equally.  After he died and we wanted to use James, Nancy just seemed to fit perfectly with that MN.  I don't know why this is so difficult.
    I don't know if this will have any bearing on the situation, but my BFF's husband's name is Ryan and we are naming this boy Ryan...not after him or anything, just because we like it. No one involved has a problem with it.

Little Sprout Blog

• Options
    StasiStasi member
    MommaP12 said:
    This makes me nervous for the 3+ months we'll be with my ILs. I'm really scared for my sanity, but trying to remember how fortunate I am to have the chance to save some $$

Little Sprout Blog

• Options

I'm sitting in DH's hospital room, lurking here and trying to work but mostly distracted.  I am also freezing cold, but don't want to bother anyone.  

I'm having a really hard time will all of this.  I hate thinking of my DH as so fragile.  Then when your mind starts wondering you think of what that means and yeah.  So not doing well this time around.  

Big hugs. I'm so sorry all of this is happening. I hope the drs are able to give you some answers today and your DH starts feeling better.

• Options
    I purchased some software from a website on Thursday using our corporate credit card (I was totally allowed)... but then I read reviews after that said the website was shady and didn't offer refunds on software that doesn't work. So now I am freaking out because the download link they sent me appears to not be working. I sent their customer service peeps an e-mail and the response came back full of typos. 

fawwwwwk
    Me: 27 DH: 28
    Diagnosis: PCOS, irregular cycles, old lady eggs. DH is fine.
    Started TTC in January 2010. BFP December 25, 2011 between IF appts. 
    DD born August 31, 2012
    Began TTC again in Jan. 2013. 
    Four rounds of Clomid - BFN
    Fifth round of Clomid September/Oct - cancelled
    HSG scheduled for Oct. 30 - Tubes all clear
    December: Round one of Femara  - BFN
    Round two - ? 

image image image
  • Options

Also, because of said torture training toddler, little things are irrationally annoying me. Like I'm irrationally annoyed that flamingemu's post about formula checks has a response from someone who doesn't even go here trying to get her checks.

That bugged me, too.
  • Options
    I had this random dream the other night about leg hair.  I thought it was horrible long and getting caught in my ankle bracelet and I kept trying to hide my legs with my arms so this handsome guy that was in the dream wouldn't see the hair.  Lol, I woke up like "what.the.hell." 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"