September 2012 Moms
Options

FFFC

Re: FFFC

• Options

Bighair12 said:

I thought that if someone was fired they weren't eligible for unemployment.

Confession: I would be super pissed at my husband if he was the soul provider and got fired from his job. Laid off I would understand.

I believe it is if you quit, you are not eligible.People get fired for some pretty absurd reasons.

Thanks! I really had no idea how that worked.
                  image     image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Holly_1007Holly_1007 member
    edited April 2014

Bighair12 said:
    I thought that if someone was fired they weren't eligible for unemployment. Confession: I would be super pissed at my husband if he was the soul provider and got fired from his job. Laid off I would understand.

I am super pissed. Confession number 577743: my husband I are not doing well at all as a married couple. There was a letter in his termination paperwork that described how to apply for unemployment. I don't know what we will do if he gets denied.
    I'm sorry. 

Have you looked for jobs?

Yes. We are both looking. I was going to ask one of the HR ladies on here to check out our resumes over the weekend, we aren't even getting any responses :(

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    I'm here but I have nothing of interest.  I've eaten so much Easter candy over the last few weeks my teeth hurt.
    This.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Holly - I look at resumes all the live long day. I'd be happy to help if you want to PM me.
  • Options
    I'm struggling to see why someone who is posting about their financial struggles, problems, questions, etc is fodder for a flaming at all.
    It shouldn't be. Let me rephrase that, IMO, it shouldn't be. Then again, I don't really care about drug testing those who may be abusing the system. Why?If they have kids, those kids suffer enough having a parent that may be a drug abuser. Kids need to eat, period. 
    I agree with this.  I'll only speak for myself, but the thing that rubbed me the wrong way is that it seemed people were saying that even if you don't NEED it, if you qualify you should take it.  I also agree that you should use services if it will help you pay for bills that help you keep your house, electricity, car, etc. 
  • Options

Bighair12 said:
    To my knowledge, you are only guaranteed ineligible if you quit. That's why some companies make life miserable for the employees they want to get rid of rather than fire them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I ate a rather large (14oz) bag of sour patch kids in 48 hours.

By myself.
    Vader's nickname is SPK, he has a habit of being super sweet after being a little shit.  ;)
      Yeah, Finn's game right now is to bite,kick,slap someone and then say "hugs" when we tell him No.  He is such a turd.
  • Options
    Holly - I look at resumes all the live long day. I'd be happy to help if you want to PM me.

I'm on mobile right now. I will grab the laptop when it put Colby down for his nap! :)

• Options
    I like having nice things because they are nice.  I wish I could have bought a more expensive car, because it would last us longer. But not because I want to tell everyone I have a fancy car.
    Right. You bought a new car because you made the decision based on your family. You didn't buy a fancy car because lots of other people have new cars. 
    Me: 27 DH: 28
    Diagnosis: PCOS, irregular cycles, old lady eggs. DH is fine.
    Started TTC in January 2010. BFP December 25, 2011 between IF appts. 
    DD born August 31, 2012
    Began TTC again in Jan. 2013. 
    Four rounds of Clomid - BFN
    Fifth round of Clomid September/Oct - cancelled
    HSG scheduled for Oct. 30 - Tubes all clear
    December: Round one of Femara  - BFN
    Round two - ? 

image image image
  • Options
    I applied for a new job a few weeks ago on a whim when I was super pissed off at my current job. I got an interview for it, and now I'm kind of terrified. What if I get it, and don't like the new job? I can't hop another job after 6 months...

cart before horse much?

that would be my train of thought too.

• Options
    My friend keeps asking me if I think she's in over her head on the house she bought. I keep telling her it's not what I would've bought, but if she loves it that's all that matters. I don't know how much longer I can hold back that I think it was fiscally irresponsible of her to buy a house that was the top of her budget and needs a ton of modernizing and improvements. I'm having a hard time balancing being supportive and being real with her.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    I like having nice things because they are nice.  I wish I could have bought a more expensive car, because it would last us longer. But not because I want to tell everyone I have a fancy car.
    Right. You bought a new car because you made the decision based on your family. You didn't buy a fancy car because lots of other people have new cars. 
    I was agreeing with you ;)
    Indeed you were! haha
    Me: 27 DH: 28
    Diagnosis: PCOS, irregular cycles, old lady eggs. DH is fine.
    Started TTC in January 2010. BFP December 25, 2011 between IF appts. 
    DD born August 31, 2012
    Began TTC again in Jan. 2013. 
    Four rounds of Clomid - BFN
    Fifth round of Clomid September/Oct - cancelled
    HSG scheduled for Oct. 30 - Tubes all clear
    December: Round one of Femara  - BFN
    Round two - ? 

image image image
  • Options
    Sage gave me the "damien" look last night.  DH also saw this look.  For half a second I pondered if my child was a spawn of the devil.  Then it followed with laughter and hopes that she never does this again. 

• Options
    DH and I had an argument over buying DD a bed, actually bed linens, because he says I have quality standards on absolutely everything I buy.  Which is sort of true... I like to ensure I get the best quality products for the price, and do a lot of research to make sure that's the case.  I think our backgrounds can sort of strain things for us sometimes, because he was one of ten kids and his family scraped by more, and my mom was a doctor's kid, so was just used to living with better quality products. 

I just don't know if there's a compromise to be had there...
  • Options
    I've been waiting for 3 days and I didn't forget. I also haven't read any of the thread yet.

FFFC: I walked into our bathroom and found my five year old playing with my Luna Cup. He'd used it to drink from. It was clean and in the drawer, but still....yuck!!!! Moty
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My SIL is having a super hard time with her new baby.  She won't talk to her doctor about PPD because some bozo told her that she couldn't BF if she were taking any kind of meds.  I told her whoever said that was a bozo.

I know she's super sensitive, but 99% of the shit she's worrying about really is totally stupid shit.  She keeps asking me if she's overreacting, or if it's supposed to be this hard, and I finally told her that no, the only person judging her was herself and she can't be so hard on herself because this baby will never remember that she didn't do x, y and z like the baby book said.  

I just can't understand feeling pressure about not doing something you read in a book.  Your kid is 2 weeks old.  You're still getting to know each other!

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options

Bighair12 said:

Confession: I would be super pissed at my husband if he was the soul provider and got fired from his job. Laid off I would understand.

I am super pissed. Confession number 577743: my husband I are not doing well at all as a married couple. There was a letter in his termination paperwork that described how to apply for unemployment. I don't know what we will do if he gets denied.

I'm sorry. 

Have you looked for jobs?

Yes. We are both looking. I was going to ask one of the HR ladies on here to check out our resumes over the weekend, we aren't even getting any responses :(

I would be more than happy to look at them for you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our video monitor is on the fritz. We have had it for almost 5 yrs . I want to ask a question about a new one but I feel like everyone will judge me for spending money on something like that (I'm having some major insecurity issues)
    Shop around for a model you like and then hit up your local consignment shops. I buy and sell a ton of stuff at ours and they only take the good stuff. I'm sure you can find a good model for a fraction of the price.

and don't be ashamed, a monitor is still a family need.
    Or try Craigslist

• Options
    Also, my DH is completely incapable of managing money.  The only debt we have is our house.  In the last year we've paid off my car and my student loan.  Yet he's still nervous about buying a new car (that we desperately need) and that we might not qualify for financing.  Uh, FTR, our credit is fantastic.  When DH and I got together, his credit was like a 4 due to his ex wife and her shenanigans.  Now it's 720+. Mine is higher than his.  Why would we not qualify for a car loan?!

This is one more reason I've suggested us having only 1 account, but the fact that I'd have to "share" money, or that he would see that I buy something online at least once a week really bothers me.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    BobKat22 said:
    Our video monitor is on the fritz. We have had it for almost 5 yrs . I want to ask a question about a new one but I feel like everyone will judge me for spending money on something like that (I'm having some major insecurity issues)
    I just read three Summer Infant models were recalled for the same reason I called a requested a new one last year. The handheld monitor is overheating. I knew I wasn't crazy!
    Yeah, we had this problem in the past too, as well as the battery not keeping a charge, and the monitor losing the signal all.the.time. I finally got rid of ours last month bc I had just had enough of it not working.

• Options
    Bighair12 said:
    I thought that if someone was fired they weren't eligible for unemployment. Confession: I would be super pissed at my husband if he was the soul provider and got fired from his job. Laid off I would understand.

I believe it is if you quit, you are not eligible.People get fired for some pretty absurd reasons.
    Yeah, I have known some people who got fired and could still collect. It really depends on if the employer fights it.

• Options
    BPerBPer member
    Ok I have a FFFC that I'm actually nervous about posting. We got pregnant before my DH's new insurance kicked in. I figured it would work out because his insurance goes into effect after his 91st day of employment and I would have been 8.5 weeks by then. Of course now that I lost the baby, I still have to wait until the 12th to be seen. I felt bad about having a break in insurance, but there was no way we could have afforded COBRA. It was over $1000 a month.
    H accidentally (not really, he just wasn't paying attention) canceled my coverage on his plan before my benefits kicked in.  That was awesome...and expensive.

• Options
    Also, my DH is completely incapable of managing money.  The only debt we have is our house.  In the last year we've paid off my car and my student loan.  Yet he's still nervous about buying a new car (that we desperately need) and that we might not qualify for financing.  Uh, FTR, our credit is fantastic.  When DH and I got together, his credit was like a 4 due to his ex wife and her shenanigans.  Now it's 720+. Mine is higher than his.  Why would we not qualify for a car loan?!

This is one more reason I've suggested us having only 1 account, but the fact that I'd have to "share" money, or that he would see that I buy something online at least once a week really bothers me.
    I am still surprised how easy it is to get loans.

In the last 6 months, H and I were approved for a decent-sized unsecure loan (to pay off CCs and a student loan), a mortgage (higher than we wanted),  a CC (that ended up with a ridiculous limit) and 2 car loans. We are going ot pay of the first loan with the check from insurance for the totaled car, but the bank didn't know that (or care) and we decided to wait a year to buy a house, but still.  Given our combined income, I'm still surprised by how many lines of credit we were approved for.
    DH and I marveled at this when we bought our house. According to the lender, we could have bought something that cost twice as much. Uh, no, we actually couldn't afford that every month. It's crazy, and I can totally see how people would get in over their heads if they didn't sit down and crunch their own numbers.

• Options
    melody921 said:
    Oh! Here's one. I started thinking about when TB is going to do away with our board, and got kinda sad. The FB group is lovely, but it's just a different atmosphere- and I think I would miss our conversations here. I also don't think any other board could tolerate me...
    Before TB kills our board, I'll need a warning so I actually join the FB group.
    Ditto.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Can't we appeal to TB gods to get our board to stick around?!  We're so active here!

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    Can't we appeal to TB gods to get our board to stick around?!  We're so active here!
    I'd rather just go to proboards, honestly.
    I have no idea what that is.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    I'd rather just go to proboards, honestly.
    I have no idea what that is.
    Ditto

• Options
    Ok I have a FFFC that I'm actually nervous about posting. We got pregnant before my DH's new insurance kicked in. I figured it would work out because his insurance goes into effect after his 91st day of employment and I would have been 8.5 weeks by then. Of course now that I lost the baby, I still have to wait until the 12th to be seen. I felt bad about having a break in insurance, but there was no way we could have afforded COBRA. It was over $1000 a month.

cobra is insane. If things get to be too much, please get seen. You're doctors office will work with you to pay it off, and medical bills can't affect your credit.

• Options
    oh yeah. when we bought our house a few years ago, we said "we want to spend $150k. Can you approve us for that?" "yes, no problem."

at closing we asked what we actually would've been approved for, and they said at least double that. Which is insane!

oh man, $150k would buy you a double wide up here.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"