Nurseries and Baby Gear

Boon Flair Question

I have this high chair and my mom recently babysit LO and put the whole tray in the sink full of water.  Super.  Now I'm worried it won't dry properly and mold will grow.  Has anyone opened theirs up before?  Should I just buy a replacement?  I've contacted Boon also but wondered if anyone has already done this.

Thanks!

Re: Boon Flair Question

• I often run mine through the dishwasher and have never been worried or noticed any mold.
  • Is there water inside? Like PP mentioned it's designed to go in the dishwasher so I wouldn't think it would be an issue.
    photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
    BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
    BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
    BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
    BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18
  • Loading the player...
  • Not the tray cover but the tray itself? Yes there was water inside. I had no idea the whole tray could go in the dishwasher.
  • Ours got submurged and I left it on its side for about 12 hours (balanced on the part that articulates in and out of the chair) and it emptied out of the small gap between the top and bottom part and has been fine since (I am not explaining this well but put the tray on its end and you'll see what I mean).

Even if they say the tray is dishwasher safe I would not put mine in there - a lot of water might be hard to clear in a reasonable time.  I jsut scrub it with a sponge and let it dry on its side and all is well.

BFP #1 5/2010 - Missed m/c at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 2/2011
    Baby G welcomed with love and relief 10/2011
    Surprise BFP 1/8/2013...say what? Baby A arrived 9/2013

Motherhood is not for wimps

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Thanks martinimomma thats what I was thinking. I contacted Boon and instead of answering my question about mold they just sent the link to a new tray. Not the greatest customer service.  It seems fine though and because it's the white tray I would think I would see anything when I hold it to the light and it seems fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"