July 2014 Moms
Options

Random thread- for all things random.

Re: Random thread- for all things random.

• Options

Finish this sentence:

Never buy cheap.....
    Cheese. Blech! Either buy good stuff or do without.
  • Options

Why are there so many shades of gray paint?!

At one point I had 50+ shades of paint chips on my wall. I've now narrowed it down to about 15.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Has anybody been reading the thread in Parenting with the Bump Wide UO/FFC? 

• Options
    MSUDucks said:
    No. Is it good? ::runs to parenting board::
    Around the late 40's (page wise) someone relates that she hates the coexist bumper stickers because the C represents muslims who want to kill all non-muslims.

And everyone was like...um?

So, i wouldn't say it's 'GOOD' but there is BSC throughout. I read the first like 15 pages then skipped ahead until the 40s and read the rest. I kind of want her to come back so I can know how this story ends. 

• Options
    @LiteraChick

Thank you, I have had some weird stabbing pains near my scars and wasn't putting it together :)
  • Options
    JP27 said:
    I've been trying to keep up with it all day but I finally just started skimming and skipping pages because it was moving so fast.
  • Options
  • Options
    AW/PSA: I had an urgent visit a couple hours ago because I've been having really bad RLP the last 3 days. I've had a super chill pregnancy so far, so I wasn't too worried since no spotting or fever. However, it was getting to the point where if I even walked up a flight of stairs, I was doubled over with pain on my lower right side and I couldn't unfold for a few minutes. LittleDude was giving me hell in there, lots of movement and thumps so I calmly and rationally made the appt.

So it turns out (the reason I'm sharing) is that per my OB, women who have had previous abdominal surgery (I've had 3) are more likely to experience an RLP like sensation due to the scar tissue (adhesions) stretching with LO getting bigger and bigger.They are previously cut/torn/repaired muscles so they are going to stretch more painfully than women who have not had previous surgeries. I was so relieved BabyBoy was okay and that it shouldn't hinder the rest of the pregnancy I could have kissed my OB. He actually kept kicking her Doppler during my visit and it made her LOL at how active he was.

I think he hit a growth spurt in the last couple of weeks, because that is when this all really started up. Dr. offered me Vicodin, but I'd rather tough it out. Just going to go really slow from here on out and be thankful no bedrest. 

Anyway, thought I'd put that out there for any other Moms who have had abdominal surgery, that it's decently normal enough :-)
    Thanks for the alert on this @LiteraChick.  I've been having godawful RLP, to the point of curling into as small a ball as I can muster with tears welling up, and I thought it was just me or maybe my being a bit overweight.  However, I had abdominal surgery as an infant and it would make a lot more sense if this was as bad as it is for that reason.  I'll definitely ask my OB at my appointment on Monday, but this sounds like a perfectly rational explanation for what's been going on, and while I'm so sorry that others are in pain like this too, I'm glad for everyone experiencing this that it's largely JUST a pain and not a problem. 
    My sweet little munchkin! 
    8 lbs, 13 oz.  21" long

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm really enjoying my newest pregnancy symptom of waking up during the middle of the night - wide awake for an hour... Not

Right there with you! I pretty much sleep on the couch now so I don't wake hubby when I am wide awake in bed. I can usually get a little more comfortable there too.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Cats > Dogs!
  • Options
    kleMcK said:
    Thought process: looks like there are 12 new posts in the Random thread. Don't really care. Except... if I don't read them now I'll fall behind and I definitely don't want to sort through 100+ responses. Better read it now.
    Hehe...I have that same thought process. 

image image
  • Options

Getting reaaaaaaallllllly sick of working. I want to spend my days nesting. Decorating, organizing, going for long walks, swimming, yoga, having coffee with my SAHM girlfriends. I have worked nonstop since I was 15 so it's really weird for me to have this mentality now. A career is just not a priority to me anymore, not like it used to be.

Anyone else in the same boat? Suddenly want to pump the brakes, just not feeling it anymore?

This is totally me! I have also been working since I was 15 and have always been an over achieving career woman and I have never planned on being a SAHM but I've definitely fallen into full on nesting mode with no desire to continue with my current job. I'm counting down the days till maternity leave and keep contemplating taking a month off before unpaid. And for the first time ever in my life it keeps crossing my mind that I may not want to go back. So crazy!

• Options

Getting reaaaaaaallllllly sick of working. I want to spend my days nesting. Decorating, organizing, going for long walks, swimming, yoga, having coffee with my SAHM girlfriends. I have worked nonstop since I was 15 so it's really weird for me to have this mentality now. A career is just not a priority to me anymore, not like it used to be.

Anyone else in the same boat? Suddenly want to pump the brakes, just not feeling it anymore?

Yup. I was SO ready to be a SAHM. I never thought I'd want to, but it's pretty awesome. Except for when it's not ;)
  • Options

Yes.  I can't WAIT for maternity leave, and am already struggling with coming back :P
    imageimage

Alexander - 8/9/14
  • Options
    pfeilele said:

Yup. I was SO ready to be a SAHM. I never thought I'd want to, but it's pretty awesome. Except for when it's not ;)
    I actually love the idea of becoming a domestic goddess. I know, it's not popular to admit that, but I want my days packed with events for LittleDude and keeping house, cooking for my family and having a side at-home small business. Something I can do at my own pace, like branching out my freelance editing work. I'd go crazy if I didn't keep something for myself, but yeah.... I'm excited for when I get to quit! We've done our time!
    Whether you work outside the home, or only work at home (and I'm talking as a SAHM, not even with a side business), both situations are real work!  It's all a matter of what is best for the babies and the mommas (and the family unit in general)!

• Options
  • Options

You are quitting too, right? To be a SAHM. I think the minute I put an end date on it, I just quit caring. I've got a ton to do, but damn if I want to. I want to be in my house! I am leaving at the end of May when DS6 gets out of school and I am going to spend the summer with him playing and in the pool. I CAN'T WAIT. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
  • Options
    @zarkarella - Yes to being a SAHM. It's going to be a challenge, but ultimately worth it. Luckily DH is fully on board with the idea. Who needs cable and a vacation every year?! ;-)
    I've done the SAHM before. I highly recommend finding a group of other moms to have playdates with. They were my lifesaver with my first and have become lifelong best friends since. That adult interaction keeps you sane.
  • Options
    @LiteraChick, I feel the same way when I can make coffee or breakfast for DH and be home when he gets home from work!  I've actually been thinking for a few years about trying to figure out a little side business or something I could do part time so I have more time for my family (DH and now the forthcoming LO).  Hopefully actually having a baby will finally push me to do it! :)

On an unrelated note, I am sitting in a hotel room on an all-day call, and the person in the room next to me has been flushing the toilet about every 20 minutes (and was doing the same the past two days when I've been in here).   I'm a bit grossed out that I can hear it, but I am also oddly really curious what is going on in there.  And, the environmental side of me wonders if the person should just flush maybe every other time to save water, if he/she is going to keep going so often?! ;-)  

• Options
    bunny0711 said:
    DH's best friend from growing up is a serial monogamist but doesn't actually want to get married or have kids. He just always needs a girlfriend. And he moves them all in with him too. Last night he and the girlfriend of two years broke up in an epic fight. I'm so bummed because she was my favorite and actually a normal girl. I hope it won't be weird for us to stay friendly. 

But on a more scandalous note, she hinted to me that there's some illegal activity going on in his home. She didn't want to say more. I know this guy smokes a lot of weed (not legal in PA) but she made it sound like it was more than that. Now I'm very curious to know what, especially since he'll likely be around my kid (never alone). DH said he has absolutely no clue and is curious to know as well. 
    Well now I'm curious...lol
    image.
  • Options
    The Rochester airport has the shittiest food options. Seriously, they have a Subway esque oven where everything is cooked (I've tried two places) and my options are buffalo wings, flat breads and nachos. Or a salad. The bartender is also the cook and everything is made in the nifty Subway oven. 

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Options
  • Options
    kleMcK said:
    I tried fried pickles for the first time ever today. They're good.
    Tried them recently too and now I am hooked. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"